Jump to newest

By *rimmed587 OP   Man
over a year ago

lutterworth

Is sky glass any good , is the picture quality any good

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yep very good quality and the sound is amazing too. I have the 65 inch one!

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

Maybe you should be asking what its like for terrestrial TV, independent streaming services & external devices... and will it still be any use if Sky hike their prices so much in the duration of your contract that you can't afford it and potentially have a fairly useless box sat in the lounge?

Sky Q boxes are great, but they're cock all use if you no longer have a Sky subscription

over a year ago

Btw you can cancel your Sky sub at any point! I did! I still have bbc iplayer, itv hub, 4OS, C5, Netflix, prime video, YT, Disney + etc. There’s also hdmi ports for streaming sticks!

over a year ago

Yes.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I agree with others. Although you purchase the television, you don't potentially have ownership of all of its functionality. It can be voice controlled, changing volume, picking stations etc - but, without a Sky account, this functionality isn't ypurs for use, despite your having purchased the equipment

I find that hobbling of my own property to be morally questionable. I don't trust organisations enough to look after my needs, such that I am dependent on them to such an extent. Voice Control is essential for many people, including the blind. I don't think that they should be treated with such contempt. Sky appear to be changing how they want to deliver services, with changes possibly coming to their budget options. It is only about the money for them.

over a year ago

It really depends on your needs….if you mostly use streaming services and don’t need voice control, it’ll work just fine without a Sky subscription.

The only thing I miss is that you can’t use headphones with it!

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I agree with others. Although you purchase the television, you don't potentially have ownership of all of its functionality. It can be voice controlled, changing volume, picking stations etc - but, without a Sky account, this functionality isn't ypurs for use, despite your having purchased the equipment

I find that hobbling of my own property to be morally questionable. I don't trust organisations enough to look after my needs, such that I am dependent on them to such an extent. Voice Control is essential for many people, including the blind. I don't think that they should be treated with such contempt. Sky appear to be changing how they want to deliver services, with changes possibly coming to their budget options. It is only about the money for them. "

Yep.

There's plenty of Alexa compatible smart TV's on the market that are great for voice control, can run various streaming services via apps and have multiple hdmi inputs for sticks etc.

We have a 4k, 55" ambilight, hooked up to alexa, with prime and disney+ which costs feck all in comparison to sky. Linked to a decent soundbar it's epic for movies.

But then we don't give a toss about sport so have never considered sky to be beneficial.

A

Post new Message to Thread