Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

This is weird

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Another one for the ladies…

I have a very, very reduced sex drive. I’m talking one day a month and even then, I can’t be arsed to act on it half the time.

But I do find that I’ll get the urge at other times if I’m really, really tired. I mean, exhausted.

Anyone else notice this? Obviously I’m too tired to do anything about it but it just seems strange.

Maybe a hormonal thing or a chemical thing?

I’m not peri menopausal yet and my bloods are all good. I still have a good egg reserve and regular cycles.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Maybe just run down in need of a holiday maybe

over a year ago

"Maybe just run down in need of a holiday maybe"

I’m not sure why that would effect my sex drive though

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I find if I'm mentally exhausted I get the urge. Not sure if it's because I'm trying to exhaust myself physically as well as mentally though?

over a year ago

"I find if I'm mentally exhausted I get the urge. Not sure if it's because I'm trying to exhaust myself physically as well as mentally though? "

Hmm maybe, hasn’t thought of that.

For me it tends to be when I’m physically exhausted or sleep deprived. It’s very weird and happens every time!

over a year ago

Potentially our body wants the release of hormones that comes from sex or play or orgasms to help lift us from being mentally or physically tired.

over a year ago

I have no real advice for you but do you think fab could be playing a part in it?

I run this account but if my wife seen some of the shit that gets sent to us on a daily basis I don’t think she’d be in the mood much.

over a year ago

"I have no real advice for you but do you think fab could be playing a part in it?

I run this account but if my wife seen some of the shit that gets sent to us on a daily basis I don’t think she’d be in the mood much."

Oh definitely! I mean I already had a low sex drive compared to my friends but fab has almost killed it dead! I’ve been completely put off. Obviously I can’t say if my drive would have naturally declined over time but there is definitely a correlation between my decreasing drive and time being a member on here.

over a year ago

"Potentially our body wants the release of hormones that comes from sex or play or orgasms to help lift us from being mentally or physically tired. "

My body is constantly disappointed by me

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

"Potentially our body wants the release of hormones that comes from sex or play or orgasms to help lift us from being mentally or physically tired.

My body is constantly disappointed by me "

Is it linked to me saying I just want to be friends ? And you obviously wanted so much more??

over a year ago

"I have no real advice for you but do you think fab could be playing a part in it?

I run this account but if my wife seen some of the shit that gets sent to us on a daily basis I don’t think she’d be in the mood much.

Oh definitely! I mean I already had a low sex drive compared to my friends but fab has almost killed it dead! I’ve been completely put off. Obviously I can’t say if my drive would have naturally declined over time but there is definitely a correlation between my decreasing drive and time being a member on here. "

Maybe take a break and see if that helps. If not there are supplements such as maca root you can try. I have no idea how effective they are but I have a friend that swears by it.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Maybe when your exhausted you crave comfort and the intimacy of sex can give you that

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I find if I'm mentally exhausted I get the urge. Not sure if it's because I'm trying to exhaust myself physically as well as mentally though?

Hmm maybe, hasn’t thought of that.

For me it tends to be when I’m physically exhausted or sleep deprived. It’s very weird and happens every time! "

I also do when I suffer from a spell of insomnia. I swear it helps me sleep.

over a year ago

"Potentially our body wants the release of hormones that comes from sex or play or orgasms to help lift us from being mentally or physically tired.

My body is constantly disappointed by me "

I doubt that, you clearly care a lot about your body and it shows. As others have suggested, maybe work on your mind too, make sure you are doing one thing each day that you enjoy or look forward to. A hour of reading, a walk, a little food treat or podcast you enjoy. Always make sure you have time for you.

over a year ago

I run this account but if my wife seen some of the shit that gets sent to us on a daily basis I don’t think she’d be in the mood much."

People on Fab are a great sex drive killer.

over a year ago

Oh definitely! I mean I already had a low sex drive compared to my friends but fab has almost killed it dead! I’ve been completely put off. Obviously I can’t say if my drive would have naturally declined over time but there is definitely a correlation between my decreasing drive and time being a member on here. "

Is sounds like you might have found a likely cause maybe taking a break from fab and the forums could reinvigorate your sex drive?

Good luck whatever happens OP we only have one life so its worth making it our best life x

KJ

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Another one for the ladies…

I have a very, very reduced sex drive. I’m talking one day a month and even then, I can’t be arsed to act on it half the time.

But I do find that I’ll get the urge at other times if I’m really, really tired. I mean, exhausted.

Anyone else notice this? Obviously I’m too tired to do anything about it but it just seems strange.

I’m not peri menopausal yet and my bloods are all good. I still have a good egg reserve and regular cycles. "

Are you a bit unusually snappy and short tempered with it too...? Had this exact conversation with a friend yesterday and she finally took herself off to the gp as its "not her".

over a year ago

I think I may not have worded this correctly. I’m not looking to get my sex drive back or increase it. I’m not concerned about having a sex life, I’m very happy as I am.

I just found it odd that it tends to return every time I’m absolutely exhausted and wondered if other ladies experienced the same.

over a year ago

I’m not peri menopausal yet and my bloods are all good. I still have a good egg reserve and regular cycles.

Are you a bit unusually snappy and short tempered with it too...? Had this exact conversation with a friend yesterday and she finally took herself off to the gp as its "not her". "

Not at all, I’m very content at the moment

over a year ago

"Maybe when your exhausted you crave comfort and the intimacy of sex can give you that "

It doesn’t seem to be a comfort thing, it’s like “someone put a dick in me and leave please” feeling

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Maybe when your exhausted you crave comfort and the intimacy of sex can give you that

It doesn’t seem to be a comfort thing, it’s like “someone put a dick in me and leave please” feeling "

fair enough. Adding please leave coffee and snacks

over a year ago

"Maybe when your exhausted you crave comfort and the intimacy of sex can give you that

It doesn’t seem to be a comfort thing, it’s like “someone put a dick in me and leave please” feeling

fair enough. Adding please leave coffee and snacks "

A large bag of malteasers will do nicely

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

It doesn’t seem to be a comfort thing, it’s like “someone put a dick in me and leave please” feeling "

Would i have to leave without my dick - or fo i take it with me afterwards? #dealbreaker xx

over a year ago

My body is constantly disappointed by me

Is it linked to me saying I just want to be friends ? And you obviously wanted so much more?? "

Definitely

By *undance_KidMan
over a year ago

London

Fancy a longgggggg jog down this way ? Should be plenty exhausted by the time you get here

over a year ago

"Fancy a longgggggg jog down this way ? Should be plenty exhausted by the time you get here "

I think I’d need life support if I jogged to London

By *undance_KidMan
over a year ago

London

Imagine how horny you would be !!!

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

What’s diet and body fat % like?

Extreme training and dieting can mess up sex drive, and extremely low body fat too

By *moothCriminal_xMan
over a year ago

Redditch

"Fancy a longgggggg jog down this way ? Should be plenty exhausted by the time you get here

I think I’d need life support if I jogged to London "

If your sex drive has declined then it could be all sorts of things but you could be demisexual and haven't got the connection you need with prospective partners. Sometimes we think we want multiple partners to scratch an itch but often what people want is connection and affection and only then will the sex drive kick in.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I'm a fair bit older than you so there are bound to be certain differences that this brings. But, I also sometimes get the feeling when tired of feeling horny, extremely horny!

My sex drive has diminished quite substantially but still shows up now and then at times when I'm not also tired.

over a year ago

I’m not peri menopausal yet and my bloods are all good. I still have a good egg reserve and regular cycles. "

Have seeked medical advice..? On here your going to get thousand different diagnosis from the weird to some nearer the truth.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Yep I do it purely to get a rush of endorphins which then helps me sleep

Also do it when stressed and anxious and that snaps me out of the mindset, sure I could meditate it out, but wanking is much more fun

over a year ago

Female half of couple here… I’m in the mood if I’m extremely tired or (strangely enough) feeling unwell, never knew why lol

over a year ago

"Female half of couple here… I’m in the mood if I’m extremely tired or (strangely enough) feeling unwell, never knew why lol "

Same! This is what I’m referring to!

I think my point was missed in my initial post, I’m not looking to regain my sex drive.

I just found it really odd that it’s there when I’m knackered!

over a year ago

"Yep I do it purely to get a rush of endorphins which then helps me sleep

Also do it when stressed and anxious and that snaps me out of the mindset, sure I could meditate it out, but wanking is much more fun "

I haven’t found it when I’m stressed, just exhausted.

over a year ago

Have seeked medical advice..? On here your going to get thousand different diagnosis from the weird to some nearer the truth.

"

Not about the exhaustion horn (I mean, who would) but I’ve had my bloods etc checked and I’m perfectly healthy

over a year ago

"Fancy a longgggggg jog down this way ? Should be plenty exhausted by the time you get here

I think I’d need life support if I jogged to London

If your sex drive has declined then it could be all sorts of things but you could be demisexual and haven't got the connection you need with prospective partners. Sometimes we think we want multiple partners to scratch an itch but often what people want is connection and affection and only then will the sex drive kick in."

I definitely don’t want/need a connection so don’t think it’s that.

over a year ago

"What’s diet and body fat % like?

Extreme training and dieting can mess up sex drive, and extremely low body fat too "

I’m not sure % wise, I have a normal BMI. I’m 5’3” and weigh 8 stone.

I do exercise most days but not to the extreme. My diet is ok, could be better maybe.

By *moothCriminal_xMan
over a year ago

Redditch

Extreme training and dieting can mess up sex drive, and extremely low body fat too

I do exercise most days but not to the extreme. My diet is ok, could be better maybe. "

If it's fab killing it then it's prob because single guys endlessly throwing themselves at you kinda gets a bit old and you start to see all men as unoriginal and somewhat gagging for it. In real life/ in person attraction is much easier to develop but with fab in your mind you probably think you know what any men who approach you are like. You seem to think fab is the reason based on what you posted. You even seem to have blocked me and I don't think we've ever spoken! Your inbox must be constantly full and it feels more of a chore than fun now.

over a year ago

I do exercise most days but not to the extreme. My diet is ok, could be better maybe.

If it's fab killing it then it's prob because single guys endlessly throwing themselves at you kinda gets a bit old and you start to see all men as unoriginal and somewhat gagging for it. In real life/ in person attraction is much easier to develop but with fab in your mind you probably think you know what any men who approach you are like. You seem to think fab is the reason based on what you posted. You even seem to have blocked me and I don't think we've ever spoken! Your inbox must be constantly full and it feels more of a chore than fun now."

I think you’ve misunderstood the reason for my post.

I’m saying that although I don’t have a sex drive (which is fine), I find that it returns briefly when I’m exhausted - which I found strange.

I was wanting to know if any other ladies experienced the same.

That has nothing to do with fab or my inbox.

By *moothCriminal_xMan
over a year ago

Redditch

No offence meant but this comment above was what i guess i picked up on more than anything else. The experience you describe of being horny when exhausted i imagine is similar to how people feel after a work out - your body is pumping hormones into you and you get reinvigorated even when knackered - or especially when knackered. For blokes there is a testosterone surge after exercise - i imagine women feel something similar

over a year ago

Oh definitely! I mean I already had a low sex drive compared to my friends but fab has almost killed it dead! I’ve been completely put off. Obviously I can’t say if my drive would have naturally declined over time but there is definitely a correlation between my decreasing drive and time being a member on here.

No offence meant but this comment above was what i guess i picked up on more than anything else. The experience you describe of being horny when exhausted i imagine is similar to how people feel after a work out - your body is pumping hormones into you and you get reinvigorated even when knackered - or especially when knackered. For blokes there is a testosterone surge after exercise - i imagine women feel something similar "

Maybe.

By *undance_KidMan
over a year ago

London

If it's fab killing it then it's prob because single guys endlessly throwing themselves at you kinda gets a bit old and you start to see all men as unoriginal and somewhat gagging for it. In real life/ in person attraction is much easier to develop but with fab in your mind you probably think you know what any men who approach you are like. You seem to think fab is the reason based on what you posted. You even seem to have blocked me and I don't think we've ever spoken! Your inbox must be constantly full and it feels more of a chore than fun now.

I’m saying that although I don’t have a sex drive (which is fine), I find that it returns briefly when I’m exhausted - which I found strange.

"

Why are you fine with not having a sex drive ? That shouldn’t be fine.

over a year ago

"Maybe when your exhausted you crave comfort and the intimacy of sex can give you that "

I’d have said the same or similar.

When I’m tired and sleepy, I crave something sensual.

I think it all depends also who you talk to op. When other sexy people are are up, I get up. When you hang with people that are just about work and stress, I felt all stressed and not in the mood.

I dunno, but most of the time my reason for my drive was mental.

over a year ago

"….

……"

Want to come out for a really really long run sometime…..?……

over a year ago

Why are you fine with not having a sex drive ? That shouldn’t be fine."

Yeah! Women should always be available and up for sex. Otherwise what's the point of life?

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I do exercise most days but not to the extreme. My diet is ok, could be better maybe. "

Might be time to visit a doctor

Or if you don’t want to do that right now, give it a month of reducing exercise intensity by 50% and increasing calories, mainly carbs and fats

Reduce exercise, train to gain a few lbs and see how you feel. Otherwise it’s a doctor and maybe a blood work screening / mental health check

over a year ago

Why not?

over a year ago

Might be time to visit a doctor

Or if you don’t want to do that right now, give it a month of reducing exercise intensity by 50% and increasing calories, mainly carbs and fats

Reduce exercise, train to gain a few lbs and see how you feel. Otherwise it’s a doctor and maybe a blood work screening / mental health check "

I’ve had bloods done, it’s all perfect. I’m perfectly healthy.

Not sure I can rock up to the doctor and ask “hey dr, why do I get horny when I’m knackered?”.

Think that would be a waste of a valuable appointment

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I just get fed up with the silliness from men that can really decrease your desires. I rather use my vibrator and just too busy to even think about sex.some medications, stress, poor diet and tiredness can affect your libido

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Yeah it's more like men in general online is the passion killer. 99% are total timewasters

By *herryblossom_BJWoman
over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

If it's fab killing it then it's prob because single guys endlessly throwing themselves at you kinda gets a bit old and you start to see all men as unoriginal and somewhat gagging for it. In real life/ in person attraction is much easier to develop but with fab in your mind you probably think you know what any men who approach you are like. You seem to think fab is the reason based on what you posted. You even seem to have blocked me and I don't think we've ever spoken! Your inbox must be constantly full and it feels more of a chore than fun now."

You probably forgot you spoke to her lol

over a year ago

"Yeah it's more like men in general online is the passion killer. 99% are total timewasters"

People will make or break your desire for anything you need or want to share.

Silliness? I like being silly with the right type of people, silly is quite a good vibe for me sometimes.

By *anilla switchWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

I would say hormones might be a huge part to play, have a look at Dr Louise Newson menopause specialist. Lots of advice on energy levels, lack of libido.

By *tarflyLouWoman
over a year ago

Preston

I’ve found that it’s the people who want to have sex with you that think it isn’t fine for you to not have a sex drive. When I’ve gone through spells of it it hasn’t bothered me at all

over a year ago

"I would say hormones might be a huge part to play, have a look at Dr Louise Newson menopause specialist. Lots of advice on energy levels, lack of libido. "

I wasn’t sure if it was hormonal as it’s when I’m exhausted but maybe it’s driven by a need for endorphins? Who knows? Just found it really odd and wondered if others had experienced it.

I’m not peri menopausal yet so don’t think it’s menopause related. My mother and her mother didn’t reach menopause until their late 50’s so I’m thinking I’ll be the same. Even if it was, not sure that would have an effect of exhaustion horn.

over a year ago

Why are you fine with not having a sex drive ? That shouldn’t be fine.

I’ve found that it’s the people who want to have sex with you that think it isn’t fine for you to not have a sex drive. When I’ve gone through spells of it it hasn’t bothered me at all"

I’m definitely fine with it, it doesn’t bother me one bit. I’m fact, I’m the happiest I’ve ever been right now.

If I don’t have a problem with it, why should others?

Too many want you to get “fixed” and go to a dr. There’s nothing wrong with me!

over a year ago

You look and sound in great physical shape. Is pleasure something you only allow yourself after you’ve worked hard and exhausted yourself? A kind of deferred gratification?

Get the bit about guys on here having the opposite affect of what they hope and intend. Good luck op x

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Being exhausted can definitely lower inhibitions

For example, if I do a kinda hard day at work, I just wanna go home and can’t be bothered with much

If I do a really long day that’s quite tough, I get very social towards the end.

Maybe lowered inhibitions are causing that? I’ve read somewhere that being exhausted is kinda like being d*unk. Worse decision making, more impulsive, lower inhibitions etc

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Personally I think it's a bit like a muscle. I can go a for ages without sex, doesn't bother me, not thinking about it, but then when you do have sex your sex drive kicks back in, and you're on it.

When I'm tired, or ill, I find myself the most imaginative (I come up with great stories) and the most horny. Must be brain chemicals.

over a year ago

"You look and sound in great physical shape. Is pleasure something you only allow yourself after you’ve worked hard and exhausted yourself? A kind of deferred gratification?

Get the bit about guys on here having the opposite affect of what they hope and intend. Good luck op x"

Nooo, not at all. I allow myself pleasure (not really sexually) as often as possible! I’m an adrenaline junkie

over a year ago

"Being exhausted can definitely lower inhibitions

For example, if I do a kinda hard day at work, I just wanna go home and can’t be bothered with much

If I do a really long day that’s quite tough, I get very social towards the end.

Maybe lowered inhibitions are causing that? I’ve read somewhere that being exhausted is kinda like being d*unk. Worse decision making, more impulsive, lower inhibitions etc "

Maybe. It’s definitely strange.

over a year ago

"Personally I think it's a bit like a muscle. I can go a for ages without sex, doesn't bother me, not thinking about it, but then when you do have sex your sex drive kicks back in, and you're on it.

When I'm tired, or ill, I find myself the most imaginative (I come up with great stories) and the most horny. Must be brain chemicals.

"

I had amazing sex a few months back on holiday with the most beautiful man I’ve ever seen, gone straight back to can’t be arsed

Saying that, I was slightly d*unk at the time.

Post new Message to Thread