Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Monday Mental Health Check-in 25.07

Jump to newest

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

Good morning, how are you doing?

I’m actually pretty good. Had a really busy few weeks with assignments which I finally got the last of submitted on Friday and then was part of a busy event over the weekend. I’m exhausted (9.5hrs sleep over two nights) and achy but it all went well and now I’ve got nothing putting me under pressure for a couple of weeks. I don’t even have to get up for anything this morning so going to be lazy. My anxiety hasn’t shown up too much while I was busy so that was a relief.

How are you feeling today?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Morning Lou, I've been doing some thinking over the weekend about a short-term role that I've accepted for October but I am starting to feel like it's a lot of stress, and to be fair i am now feeling it. I've got quite a bit going on and don't actually need the role (which is voluntary) and in build-up there is a lot more work than I anticipated. I feel that the right thing to do is to have a chat with everyone involved and back out of it.

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Morning Lou, I've been doing some thinking over the weekend about a short-term role that I've accepted for October but I am starting to feel like it's a lot of stress, and to be fair i am now feeling it. I've got quite a bit going on and don't actually need the role (which is voluntary) and in build-up there is a lot more work than I anticipated. I feel that the right thing to do is to have a chat with everyone involved and back out of it."

That sounds like a good plan. October is quite a way off and a long time to be worrying about something. It’s good that you’ve recognised

what’s right for you

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

"Morning Lou, I've been doing some thinking over the weekend about a short-term role that I've accepted for October but I am starting to feel like it's a lot of stress, and to be fair i am now feeling it. I've got quite a bit going on and don't actually need the role (which is voluntary) and in build-up there is a lot more work than I anticipated. I feel that the right thing to do is to have a chat with everyone involved and back out of it.

That sounds like a good plan. October is quite a way off and a long time to be worrying about something. It’s good that you’ve recognised

what’s right for you "

Yeah I feel a bit crap about it, but I also need to concentrate on my main job. I'm probably overthinking.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Morning everyone.

I've not been good the last few days. Had a couple of unexpected surprises that have thrown me through the ringer quite badly. My head is spinning and I'm struggling to focus on the positives.

I started a mood/feelings diary yesterday to get my emotions and thoughts down on paper in the hope that seeing them written down will help me to focus on what I need to and understand my position better.

By *omesticflightMan
over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

Improved! It was my birthday yesterday so a little buoyant

Off to work, so a 6 mile cycle and upto 10 mile walk

over a year ago

Morning Lou and all your lovely lot.

First hurdle of the day over which could set a sour mood to the day (getting my little one to summer school)

I feel back to normal after the last couple of weeks of low mood, normal being ok in the main, with a few smatterings of high and low. I think my new antidepressants are fully in my system and seem to be doing the job. Hoping to hear from the local college soon about a course in hoping to get on which I’m looking forward to doing.

All in all, things are good.

Xx

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Morning Lou, I've been doing some thinking over the weekend about a short-term role that I've accepted for October but I am starting to feel like it's a lot of stress, and to be fair i am now feeling it. I've got quite a bit going on and don't actually need the role (which is voluntary) and in build-up there is a lot more work than I anticipated. I feel that the right thing to do is to have a chat with everyone involved and back out of it.

what’s right for you

Yeah I feel a bit crap about it, but I also need to concentrate on my main job. I'm probably overthinking."

I’m really bad for overthinking, I feel your pain! Hope it all goes ok x

over a year ago

Struggling a little today

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Morning everyone.

I've not been good the last few days. Had a couple of unexpected surprises that have thrown me through the ringer quite badly. My head is spinning and I'm struggling to focus on the positives.

I started a mood/feelings diary yesterday to get my emotions and thoughts down on paper in the hope that seeing them written down will help me to focus on what I need to and understand my position better."

That sounds really difficult, I’m sorry you’re having to deal with that. The journaling is a good idea though, it can be really effective. Hope it helps you x

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Improved! It was my birthday yesterday so a little buoyant

Off to work, so a 6 mile cycle and upto 10 mile walk "

A belated happy birthday to you! I’m glad you’re feeling good, hope it’s a good day for you at work x

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Morning Lou and all your lovely lot.

First hurdle of the day over which could set a sour mood to the day (getting my little one to summer school)

I feel back to normal after the last couple of weeks of low mood, normal being ok in the main, with a few smatterings of high and low. I think my new antidepressants are fully in my system and seem to be doing the job. Hoping to hear from the local college soon about a course in hoping to get on which I’m looking forward to doing.

All in all, things are good.

Xx"

Glad to hear that the morning has gone ok and you’re generally feeling more settled. Fingers crossed you hear back from college soon! x

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Struggling a little today "

Sending love

over a year ago

"Struggling a little today

Sending love "

Thank you lovely! Once I’ve woken properly I hope to come round a bit

over a year ago

Not posted here for a few weeks, overwhelmed by life I guess.

It’s been a difficult few weeks, with relationship issues, illness in the family, uncertainty around work, body image issues, the realisation I’ve really let myself go without realising it and my own medical issues..

After a few days navel gazing it’s Monday, so time to come out swinging again. It’s getting harder week by week and the outlook is bleak but while I’m still waking up each morning I’ll keep fighting.

Mantras for the week are:

Control what you control and let the rest happen,

Trust nobody it only ends in disappointment,

Question everything,

Have nurofen close by,

Be the best version of me that I can be given the circumstances!

Diet, arguments, an impossible workload, lots of coffee and the search for an ear to chew are the order of the week.

As always I’m happy to listen to anyone if they need to talk!

Hang in there ladies and gents

over a year ago

"Morning everyone.

I started a mood/feelings diary yesterday to get my emotions and thoughts down on paper in the hope that seeing them written down will help me to focus on what I need to and understand my position better.

That sounds really difficult, I’m sorry you’re having to deal with that. The journaling is a good idea though, it can be really effective. Hope it helps you x"

Thank you.

It's currently a rambling mess but putting things in writing feels therapeutic. I'm hoping that after a few days I can build a picture of how I'm feeling and know where to concentrate my energy and what decisions I have to make.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Last week was a bad week... to be fair I've been juggling far to much for far to long and something had to give...

I'm feeling very broken and down just now but I'm aware of it and journalling away.... being kind to myself too... accepting that I can't help or sort everything, so trying to concentrate on the things I can sort out.

over a year ago

Still battling the self destruct button and two hospital tests in one week left me jaded. Good to have them done but now wait for results, and though out of my control, part of me hopes they find something wrong.

Trying to gear myself up to enjoy a kink event at the weekend

over a year ago

"Still battling the self destruct button and two hospital tests in one week left me jaded. Good to have them done but now wait for results, and though out of my control, part of me hopes they find something wrong.

Trying to gear myself up to enjoy a kink event at the weekend "

Don’t give up!! I was hospitalised for three months

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

Been on Busiprone for a few days now and they’re helping with the Anxiety.

Starting therapy tomorrow though so hopefully won’t be on them for long.

over a year ago

Morning lovely Lou, well was going fine then had a load grief from a nutjob on here, 10 profiles blocked and still new ones, but I will not give up, he can steal my pics, try to black mail me and spread lies I don't care as those that are friends know the truth.

By *reamblueMan
over a year ago

London

Bit better today. Like a few others on this thread I had a terrible last few weeks. Mix of covid, work stress and change in medication left me feeling I was going to implode.

Breathing exercises are helpful as is finding a small sense of achievement

over a year ago

"Still battling the self destruct button and two hospital tests in one week left me jaded. Good to have them done but now wait for results, and though out of my control, part of me hopes they find something wrong.

Trying to gear myself up to enjoy a kink event at the weekend

Don’t give up!! I was hospitalised for three months "

Sorry to hear that

Weirdly part of me would welcome something like that at the moment as would be a break from having to think or make decisions, just follow the hospital routine.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/07/22 10:21:07]

over a year ago

Sending love

Thank you lovely! Once I’ve woken properly I hope to come round a bit "

I hope your day improves x

over a year ago

Sending love

Thank you lovely! Once I’ve woken properly I hope to come round a bit

I hope your day improves x"

Thank you I’m hoping to

over a year ago

“All our anxieties relate to time. The major problems of psychiatry revolve around an analysis of the despair, pessimism, melancholy, and complexes that are the inheritances of what has been or with the fears, anxieties, worries, that are the imaginings of what will be.”

Fulton J Sheen

over a year ago

It's fair to say ive feel meh over the weekend and today.

Despite doing a few nice things and achieving great things I just feel meh.

I've a difficult week ahead and I expect its anxiety relating to what the week ahead holds

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I'm doing okay. It'll bev2 months later this week since my last suicide attempt and psychologically it will be good to measure it in months not weeks.

And I'm 2 weeks in to a new job which seems so much better and is having a big impact.

But most pleasingly I went out on Friday night to a big kink event (club Anti-Christ) and given that 2 months ago I wasn't even getting out of bed some days I'm so pleased to have managed a night of clubbing and dancing and debauchery and not being overwhelmed by the crowds or noise. That's been a longtime coming

over a year ago

Maybe I'll find the right words one day. Sending love to everyone

over a year ago

"Maybe I'll find the right words one day. Sending love to everyone "

I don’t think there are ever the right words.. just listening is all anyone can do.. a good friend taught me you can’t always fix people.. just help them to fix themselves

over a year ago

To remember that it’s always okay to feel the way in which you feel! Never ever apologise for the feelings you have and how you feel them. The main thing is that you don’t give up and you keep trying

over a year ago

"To remember that it’s always okay to feel the way in which you feel! Never ever apologise for the feelings you have and how you feel them. The main thing is that you don’t give up and you keep trying "

Wise words

over a year ago

"To remember that it’s always okay to feel the way in which you feel! Never ever apologise for the feelings you have and how you feel them. The main thing is that you don’t give up and you keep trying

Wise words "

Thank you I’m a massive advocate for mental health in children and adults I feel it’s so important!

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman
over a year ago

Markfield

It’s definitely been an up and down week and had a couple of major shit fits but turned them round thankfully. Today I’m happy and content and chilled, relaxing at home with foot up (ankle has been key factor in throwing the shit fits).

I’m pleased you’ve had a good week OP

Haven’t read through the thread yet but hugs to all in need

over a year ago

"To remember that it’s always okay to feel the way in which you feel! Never ever apologise for the feelings you have and how you feel them. The main thing is that you don’t give up and you keep trying

Wise words

Thank you I’m a massive advocate for mental health in children and adults I feel it’s so important!"

Totally.. happy people are better people

over a year ago

Wise words

Thank you I’m a massive advocate for mental health in children and adults I feel it’s so important!

Totally.. happy people are better people "

Probably because I work with serial offenders as well

over a year ago

"To remember that it’s always okay to feel the way in which you feel! Never ever apologise for the feelings you have and how you feel them. The main thing is that you don’t give up and you keep trying "

One of my issues is feeling guilty for how I feel and for talking as some may say change the record or just do it

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Good news on the RnR space lou

I have one more week of mental to go then August Holidays are mine.

Lots of finding my inner serenity is on the cards with yoga and meditation. This month is all about me

By *angOnBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Ipswich

A tough time here. Dad's been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia, Mum's heads to hospital for hip replacement so weekend was 10 hrs driving to bring them to us for a week or so. Work's massively stressful and could just do with switching off.

But, others have it worse, so muddling through somehow

over a year ago

One of my issues is feeling guilty for how I feel and for talking as some may say change the record or just do it "

Never ever feel guilty for how your feeling because your feelings are always validated!

over a year ago

"A tough time here. Dad's been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia, Mum's heads to hospital for hip replacement so weekend was 10 hrs driving to bring them to us for a week or so. Work's massively stressful and could just do with switching off.

But, others have it worse, so muddling through somehow "

I get that feeling… I’m in hospital with my parents a lot at the minute.. it’s very draining and depressing. I’m here if you need someone to chat to

By *angOnBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Ipswich

"A tough time here. Dad's been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia, Mum's heads to hospital for hip replacement so weekend was 10 hrs driving to bring them to us for a week or so. Work's massively stressful and could just do with switching off.

I get that feeling… I’m in hospital with my parents a lot at the minute.. it’s very draining and depressing. I’m here if you need someone to chat to"

Appreciated, it's very tiring isn't it. Just trying to cherish what we have left.

Hope your side improves. Have sat for weeks in ICU and wow it's draining, so feel for you

over a year ago

I get that feeling… I’m in hospital with my parents a lot at the minute.. it’s very draining and depressing. I’m here if you need someone to chat to

Appreciated, it's very tiring isn't it. Just trying to cherish what we have left.

Hope your side improves. Have sat for weeks in ICU and wow it's draining, so feel for you"

Sadly it’s terminal on this side so it’s ticking down the days.. trying to stay positive though

By *angOnBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Ipswich

Hope your side improves. Have sat for weeks in ICU and wow it's draining, so feel for you

Sadly it’s terminal on this side so it’s ticking down the days.. trying to stay positive though"

Very sorry to hear that. Cherish what time is left. Always hard to know what to say in these circumstances

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Update - had the conversations I've needed to and all is good, explained my position and way i'm feeling. Going to do a bit of a transition while someone else is appointed for this October. I've been true to myself, recognised the signs early and can now move on.

Work was sound today too and I realise that I'm a better listener than I give myself credit for.

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Update - had the conversations I've needed to and all is good, explained my position and way i'm feeling. Going to do a bit of a transition while someone else is appointed for this October. I've been true to myself, recognised the signs early and can now move on.

Work was sound today too and I realise that I'm a better listener than I give myself credit for.

"

I’m so pleased to hear this! Good for you

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Not posted here for a few weeks, overwhelmed by life I guess.

It’s been a difficult few weeks, with relationship issues, illness in the family, uncertainty around work, body image issues, the realisation I’ve really let myself go without realising it and my own medical issues..

After a few days navel gazing it’s Monday, so time to come out swinging again. It’s getting harder week by week and the outlook is bleak but while I’m still waking up each morning I’ll keep fighting.

Mantras for the week are:

Control what you control and let the rest happen,

Trust nobody it only ends in disappointment,

Question everything,

Have nurofen close by,

Be the best version of me that I can be given the circumstances!

Diet, arguments, an impossible workload, lots of coffee and the search for an ear to chew are the order of the week.

As always I’m happy to listen to anyone if they need to talk!

Hang in there ladies and gents

"

Such a difficult time for you . Sending lots of love

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman
over a year ago

Markfield

"Update - had the conversations I've needed to and all is good, explained my position and way i'm feeling. Going to do a bit of a transition while someone else is appointed for this October. I've been true to myself, recognised the signs early and can now move on.

"

Great news! Well done

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Last week was a bad week... to be fair I've been juggling far to much for far to long and something had to give...

I'm feeling very broken and down just now but I'm aware of it and journalling away.... being kind to myself too... accepting that I can't help or sort everything, so trying to concentrate on the things I can sort out.

"

Sorry to hear things have been tough, it sounds like you have good self-awareness though and are taking some steps to feeling better. Being kind to yourself is so important xx

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

Trying to gear myself up to enjoy a kink event at the weekend "

Hope getting the results helps, hope it’s nothing serious. Fingers crossed for you for the weekend! x

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Been on Busiprone for a few days now and they’re helping with the Anxiety.

Starting therapy tomorrow though so hopefully won’t be on them for long. "

Glad the meds are helping. Fingers crossed the therapy goes ok tomorrow x

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Morning lovely Lou, well was going fine then had a load grief from a nutjob on here, 10 profiles blocked and still new ones, but I will not give up, he can steal my pics, try to black mail me and spread lies I don't care as those that are friends know the truth."

Sheesh! Hang on in there! x

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Bit better today. Like a few others on this thread I had a terrible last few weeks. Mix of covid, work stress and change in medication left me feeling I was going to implode.

Breathing exercises are helpful as is finding a small sense of achievement "

Oh bless you, that sounds like a lot to deal with. Glad you’re managing to find some things to help you x

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Thanks as always for the support here

Much appreciated!

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"

“All our anxieties relate to time. The major problems of psychiatry revolve around an analysis of the despair, pessimism, melancholy, and complexes that are the inheritances of what has been or with the fears, anxieties, worries, that are the imaginings of what will be.”

Fulton J Sheen"

I’m a firm believer that there should be more emphasis on people’s situations and less on trying to diagnose disorders!

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Great news! Well done "

Thanks

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"It's fair to say ive feel meh over the weekend and today.

Despite doing a few nice things and achieving great things I just feel meh.

I've a difficult week ahead and I expect its anxiety relating to what the week ahead holds"

Hugs, I hope the week is gentler on you than you’re expecting. Sending love x

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"I'm doing okay. It'll bev2 months later this week since my last suicide attempt and psychologically it will be good to measure it in months not weeks.

And I'm 2 weeks in to a new job which seems so much better and is having a big impact.

But most pleasingly I went out on Friday night to a big kink event (club Anti-Christ) and given that 2 months ago I wasn't even getting out of bed some days I'm so pleased to have managed a night of clubbing and dancing and debauchery and not being overwhelmed by the crowds or noise. That's been a longtime coming "

This is all sounding pretty positive for you! Lovely to hear x

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Maybe I'll find the right words one day. Sending love to everyone "

Sending love right back to you X

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"It’s definitely been an up and down week and had a couple of major shit fits but turned them round thankfully. Today I’m happy and content and chilled, relaxing at home with foot up (ankle has been key factor in throwing the shit fits).

I’m pleased you’ve had a good week OP

Haven’t read through the thread yet but hugs to all in need "

Thank you! I’m glad things have settled for you now an wishing your ankle a speedy recovery x

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

One of my issues is feeling guilty for how I feel and for talking as some may say change the record or just do it "

That sounds pretty deep-seated, I’m wondering if that’s something that you’ve learned from others in your last and their reactions to you. One of the reasons that counselling is positive is because it’s so rare in life that we get the chance to speak to somebody completely non-judgemental no matter what we say to them x

By *artininlondonMan
over a year ago

london

Love to everyone in this forum! Xxxx

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Good news on the RnR space lou

I have one more week of mental to go then August Holidays are mine.

Lots of finding my inner serenity is on the cards with yoga and meditation. This month is all about me "

Thank you! Your plans for August sound amazing, enjoy!

over a year ago

"Good morning, how are you doing?

I’m actually pretty good. Had a really busy few weeks with assignments which I finally got the last of submitted on Friday and then was part of a busy event over the weekend. I’m exhausted (9.5hrs sleep over two nights) and achy but it all went well and now I’ve got nothing putting me under pressure for a couple of weeks. I don’t even have to get up for anything this morning so going to be lazy. My anxiety hasn’t shown up too much while I was busy so that was a relief.

How are you feeling today? "

hi anxiety bad pushing myself to do things i dont want to so ive made myself chill its school hols and that can be hard glad your doing ok

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

But, others have it worse, so muddling through somehow "

So sorry to hear this, that sounds really difficult. Try not to compare your situation to others, what they’re going through doesn’t make your situation any less valid. Sending lots of love

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

Sadly it’s terminal on this side so it’s ticking down the days.. trying to stay positive though"

X

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Love to everyone in this forum! Xxxx"

That’s kind! And to you too xx

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

How are you feeling today? hi anxiety bad pushing myself to do things i dont want to so ive made myself chill its school hols and that can be hard glad your doing ok "

Thank you x

My kids are older now but the school hols used to be a really hard time for me, I remember it well. Anxiety sucks, sending love x

over a year ago

How are you feeling today? hi anxiety bad pushing myself to do things i dont want to so ive made myself chill its school hols and that can be hard glad your doing ok

Thank you x

My kids are older now but the school hols used to be a really hard time for me, I remember it well. Anxiety sucks, sending love x"

thank you lovely

By *angOnBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Ipswich

So sorry to hear this, that sounds really difficult. Try not to compare your situation to others, what they’re going through doesn’t make your situation any less valid. Sending lots of love "

Thanks, it's lovely having them with us but like having children

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"I'm doing okay. It'll bev2 months later this week since my last suicide attempt and psychologically it will be good to measure it in months not weeks.

But most pleasingly I went out on Friday night to a big kink event (club Anti-Christ) and given that 2 months ago I wasn't even getting out of bed some days I'm so pleased to have managed a night of clubbing and dancing and debauchery and not being overwhelmed by the crowds or noise. That's been a longtime coming

This is all sounding pretty positive for you! Lovely to hear x"

Thank you, it's a huge turnaround from wjst I'd have been posting on these threads.

But circumstances will change, they can change very quickly, and I hope everyone struggling at the moment remembers however bleak it may feel better days are coming

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Sending full support to everyone out there.

Post new Message to Thread