Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Weird cats

Jump to newest

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Who has had a cat that follows them like a dog? Rattles the door to come in? Or just generally behaves oddly?

Cat haters no need to comment

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

^He's a pussy magnet

over a year ago

Ragdolls. They behave more like dogs, following you around the house, although they are generally housecats.

over a year ago

Yep, T-Bag my cat is a dog stalker...She will follow them down the road and attack their feet, and just generally freak them out. My friend has a Doberman who he says hates cats, but the Dobey refuses to walk past her if she is outside.

I walked past the shop once and she was clinging onto this little dogs back, the poor owner trying to prise her off him "S'cuse me, is this your cat?" - "um, no"

She bullies my German Shepherd terribly, he will take so much before picking her up in his mouth and just hold her there, and she just lies there...

She'll hide in the hedge and jumps out at anyone walking past...I heard screaming once, looked out and she had latched herself to this kids leg and wouldn't let go

Absolute nightmare of an animal

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/07/22 20:43:31]

over a year ago

My 5 month old Burmese kitten spends a lot of her time sat on my shoulders, even when I'm in the garden. She puts her paws on my head and chitters at the birds.

over a year ago

"My 5 month old Burmese kitten spends a lot of her time sat on my shoulders, even when I'm in the garden. She puts her paws on my head and chitters at the birds. "

Burmese and Siamese cats have no sense of personal space.

over a year ago

"Who has had a cat that follows them like a dog? Rattles the door to come in? Or just generally behaves oddly?

Cat haters no need to comment "

When I was a kid I used to play hide n seek with my cat

over a year ago

"Yep, T-Bag my cat is a dog stalker...She will follow them down the road and attack their feet, and just generally freak them out. My friend has a Doberman who he says hates cats, but the Dobey refuses to walk past her if she is outside.

I walked past the shop once and she was clinging onto this little dogs back, the poor owner trying to prise her off him "S'cuse me, is this your cat?" - "um, no"

She bullies my German Shepherd terribly, he will take so much before picking her up in his mouth and just hold her there, and she just lies there...

She'll hide in the hedge and jumps out at anyone walking past...I heard screaming once, looked out and she had latched herself to this kids leg and wouldn't let go

Absolute nightmare of an animal "

Loving the cats name!

Different subject but I once taught my mates parrot to say dumfuck when someone walked in the room

over a year ago

"My 5 month old Burmese kitten spends a lot of her time sat on my shoulders, even when I'm in the garden. She puts her paws on my head and chitters at the birds.

Burmese and Siamese cats have no sense of personal space."

They really don't. If I leave the toilet door open she's straight on my lap when I'm sitting on the loo. It's very off putting

over a year ago

Mine is like my shadow & sometimes if she's out & I need to pop to the shop she follows me I often got to carry her back to the house I wouldn't be without her mind I her

over a year ago

Not so much follows me, but she comes looking for me when she wants a cuddle. The other likes to come into the bathroom when I’m on the loo to present me with her tail for a stroke. Kinda dog like in their own way. The youngest one goes out and has a better recall than many dogs! If she’s too far away to hear me, I just for a drive round the estate for 5 mins, go home, go back into the garden and SHES there either waiting for me or turns up soon after

over a year ago

I had a cat that loved to play fetch like a dog but he would only do it with Tunnocks Tea Cake wrappers rolled into a ball, no actual cat toys bought specially for him.

over a year ago

"Mine is like my shadow & sometimes if she's out & I need to pop to the shop she follows me I often got to carry her back to the house I wouldn't be without her mind I her "

My cat I had a child would try and follow me to school & later another cat I had would follow me to the local shops, wait by the trees and wait for me, both cats were Siamese & Siamese X local Tom

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Who has had a cat that follows them like a dog? Rattles the door to come in? Or just generally behaves oddly?

Cat haters no need to comment "

I have bengals ...they are just odd

over a year ago

"I had a cat that loved to play fetch like a dog but he would only do it with Tunnocks Tea Cake wrappers rolled into a ball, no actual cat toys bought specially for him. "

I had a cat that would play fetch with 2p coins! She was lovely.

By *riel13Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

Yep, had 3 cats that played fetch, one went nuts for the pull tops that seal a carton of milk, the other one would come running if he heard paper being screwed up. Another would steal the scourer sponge, another stole random junk from our neighbours, one would sit when told then give you his paw, aswell as walking to heel. Had a couple that thought they were scarves. One was so stupid he laid in the sun until he died of heatstroke. They have all known their own names and what the word dinner meant... The list goes on I miss my cats!

over a year ago

My cat used to go everywhere sitting on my shoulder. She also insisted that I shared my beer with her. I had to give her up earlier this year and it broke my heart.

over a year ago

We have 2 Maine coons they more like dogs than cats.

over a year ago

Cats are just amazing, so much character and I'd never be without them in my life.

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

We had a cat called Spike who would follow us down the street. Sometimes he'd meet us on the way back. He was a gobby cat, always demanding something - "let me out", "let me in", "feed me". He was "bulemic" too. We could only give him half a pouch every 30mins or he would throw up. He caught a magpie one day, which he wanted to bring into the house.

over a year ago

My friend had a cat that would knock on the letterbox to come in.

By *racticalAndyMan
over a year ago

Bingham

Have 2 cats. Both like belly rubs like dogs and if I’m outside and see them I can shout there names and they recall like a dog. Proper characters

By *yron69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Certainly some crazy cats out there?!

By *cunnylassCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

Cat haters no need to comment I have bengals ...they are just odd "

And very vocal!

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

A beautiful Egyptian Mau wandered into the house yesterday. Got into the garden somehow and couldn't find his way out again. Wasn't very happy about being picked up and taken to the back gate. Much happier when he got out of the garden.

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Yes we do!!! The cat often comes for a walk when we take the dog out!

He follows us and cries the whole way round then sits on the field

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Yes we do!!! The cat often comes for a walk when we take the dog out!

He follows us and cries the whole way round then sits on the field "

The cat has good taste x

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

"Yes we do!!! The cat often comes for a walk when we take the dog out!

He follows us and cries the whole way round then sits on the field

The cat has good taste x"

Mainly he’s just greedy & wants to make sure we’re not abandoning him

over a year ago

My kitty is a rescue from the RSPCA and likes to keep me very close. He is a bit of a chunk but will try and wrap himself around my neck like a scarf, and often sits on my shoulder

over a year ago

My cats are weird. I have just come home to a massive long piece of plastic in the kitchen . I don’t even know where it’s come from ??

The ring camera tells me the culprit brought it through to the kitchen with it in her mouth at around lunchtime .

My other one regularly carries around little soft toys

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"My cats are weird. I have just come home to a massive long piece of plastic in the kitchen . I don’t even know where it’s come from ??

The ring camera tells me the culprit brought it through to the kitchen with it in her mouth at around lunchtime .

My other one regularly carries around little soft toys "

Wait for the dead mice and birds x

over a year ago

Both of my cats are quite clingy, I'm rarely in a room alone and if I'm sitting there's always at least one of them on me.

In terms of being like a dog the older one runs to the door whenever anyone knocks and likes to bring in the mail.

By *interfoxWoman
over a year ago

maesteg

My moggy follows me from room to room and greets me at the door when I come home from work. Getting a Norwegian forest kitten in a few months

over a year ago

"My cats are weird. I have just come home to a massive long piece of plastic in the kitchen . I don’t even know where it’s come from ??

Wait for the dead mice and birds x"

They tried a bird the other day but it escaped luckily x

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

They tried a bird the other day but it escaped luckily x"

Ours used to bring them back headless. Once half a rabbit arrived x

By *inkyfun2013Couple
over a year ago

lewisham

All cats are nuts!

I had one that used to go into our neighbour's house and not only steal their food but also their baby's toys. He'd also go into the local chip shop & pinch saveloys and Jamaica patties but never the fish! Watching him running down the road with a saveloy hanging out of his mouth was hilarious and he was quite well known for it.

Another used to wait for my son to come home from school and run down the road to meet him when he whistled. She would launch herself at him and wrap herself around his shoulders. She also used to climb on the roof to sunbathe. She was quite capable of getting herself down at the back of the house but if someone looked up at her she'd pretend to be stuck and meow pitifully. 6 times the fire service were called to rescue her when we were out - twice they went up their ladder -only to find her looking at them through the lounge window as they climbed past. In the end we had to put a note on the door asking people not to call them!

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Ours used to bring them back headless. Once half a rabbit arrived x"

We get headless gifts ! Bats are a popular choice !!

Had a live rabbit, birds, mice etc

Also Christmas decorations

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Also Christmas decorations "

Saves on the trip to B&Q for some baubles x

over a year ago

Also Christmas decorations "

I had a frog once with my old cats . And I stepped on it with no shoes on

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Also Christmas decorations

I had a frog once with my old cats . And I stepped on it with no shoes on "

Slimey. Like an ex x

over a year ago

She doesn't really act like a dog but will always follow me out the back when I'm putting a washing out. Kinda watches over me then follows me back in the house.

The wee fucker also practices parcour off our headboard and onto my nut at half 2 every morning.

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"She doesn't really act like a dog but will always follow me out the back when I'm putting a washing out. Kinda watches over me then follows me back in the house.

The wee fucker also practices parcour off our headboard and onto my nut at half 2 every morning."

To be fair, it's a cracking nut x

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

One one mine definitely thinks he's a dog... He runs to the door if anyone knocks, he always knows when my mum is coming and waits by the door for her. He's much more in your face than the others.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"My moggy follows me from room to room and greets me at the door when I come home from work. Getting a Norwegian forest kitten in a few months "

Ooh lucky you!!

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

My cat can open every door in the house including the front one

over a year ago

"My moggy follows me from room to room and greets me at the door when I come home from work. Getting a Norwegian forest kitten in a few months

Ooh lucky you!!"

We are going to have to see pictures of the kitten please !

over a year ago

I’ve realised that my cat ( kitten ) has pulled all of the sealant off that was around the toilet . There are 3 massive bits that she keeps flinging around and I noticed just when I was in the bath that the sealant is missing

over a year ago

"I’ve realised that my cat ( kitten ) has pulled all of the sealant off that was around the toilet . There are 3 massive bits that she keeps flinging around and I noticed just when I was in the bath that the sealant is missing "

When my cat was a kitten I woke up to an entire toilet roll spread out between the toilet, hall and my bedroom with her at the end of it.

over a year ago

My 16y/o fluffy idiot rescue has quite severe food anxiety, will follow me everywhere, just in case I have food, will follow anyone into the kitchen, just in case they have food, and will insist on being fed up to 8 times a day. I only give him small amounts at a time or he'd be huge because he would scoff the lot. He's missing half an ear, has arthritis and likes sleeping outside in the rain.

My ginger boy has finally reached the age where he no longer brings live things into the house, but is still fascinated with paint and has therefore received no less than 8 non-consensual baths in his 15 years. His previous 'gifts' have mainly been small birds or rodents but we've had a live seagull, a fairly robust looking and very angry rabbit, and a 12 inch long koi carp.

Both are wonderfully affectionate on their own terms, but cats are definitely assholes.

over a year ago

"My 16y/o fluffy idiot rescue has quite severe food anxiety, will follow me everywhere, just in case I have food, will follow anyone into the kitchen, just in case they have food, and will insist on being fed up to 8 times a day. I only give him small amounts at a time or he'd be huge because he would scoff the lot. He's missing half an ear, has arthritis and likes sleeping outside in the rain.

My ginger boy has finally reached the age where he no longer brings live things into the house, but is still fascinated with paint and has therefore received no less than 8 non-consensual baths in his 15 years. His previous 'gifts' have mainly been small birds or rodents but we've had a live seagull, a fairly robust looking and very angry rabbit, and a 12 inch long koi carp.

Both are wonderfully affectionate on their own terms, but cats are definitely assholes."

I wonder what happened to your cat that he has food anxiety? Such a shame if he wasn’t fed properly before he was rescued, or even teased with food, having it taken from him

over a year ago

"I had a cat that loved to play fetch like a dog but he would only do it with Tunnocks Tea Cake wrappers rolled into a ball, no actual cat toys bought specially for him. "
our 2 indoor cats and they love to play fetch with the same wrappers. Misty the 6 years old, she taps your leg if she wants to play. They can both push a door to open it. The younger one Ferne talks to us all the time, now Misty as started doing the same.

over a year ago

"My 16y/o fluffy idiot rescue has quite severe food anxiety, will follow me everywhere, just in case I have food, will follow anyone into the kitchen, just in case they have food, and will insist on being fed up to 8 times a day. I only give him small amounts at a time or he'd be huge because he would scoff the lot. He's missing half an ear, has arthritis and likes sleeping outside in the rain.

Both are wonderfully affectionate on their own terms, but cats are definitely assholes.

I wonder what happened to your cat that he has food anxiety? Such a shame if he wasn’t fed properly before he was rescued, or even teased with food, having it taken from him "

He used to belong to a neighbour but ran off about 14 years ago. He was wild for a long time, but they've now moved and I managed to tempt him in about 8 years ago with ham and chicken. He will play and jump up for bits of meat but will meow at me even if I'm chopping potato or cucumber and I then have to prove that he can't eat it and distract him with dreamies. We go through a lot of dreamies.

He's very loving and seems genuinely happy just to have a home, but he still seems to need the comfort of knowing there is food available. I'm guessing some sort of kitty PTSD.

Post new Message to Thread