Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Will they, won’t they?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Have you ever misread the situation on Fab where you really thought that someone liked you after chatting for a while, and you got the ‘thanks but no thanks’.

Or have you done the opposite and thought they’d never say yes to meeting up with you because you’re not the type they would normally go for, so you never massage? (Did you ever find out later that they did!?!?)

How many times have you made a move in real life and got knocked back when you thought it was going swell?

Rejection is horrible I know, but we’ve all had it right? Right?

*loads of questions I know. It’s better than 3 threads though!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This is like 3 threads worth

over a year ago

"This is like 3 threads worth "

3’s a good number.

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

I approach most profiles on the basis they're not interested. The ladies look so damn sexy, there's no way I'd get a look in

over a year ago

I just assume they won't.

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

There are lots of other combos OP - my favourite was where a couple said I wasn’t their type (fair enough I can understand that) after chatting and then two months later they messaged saying the love my profile and wanted to meet. We met and everyone got on really well. Fab is a great (but weird) place and you just can’t take anything too seriously IMHO.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I was seeing someone I'd previously said no to, but not blocked.

Sometimes one photo can put me off, depending on my mood.

I try not to look for sex when I'm in an indecisive period.

I've chatted to people I'm interested in, then gone off them when they ask to meet too quickly.

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

I just assume no until I know better but I have definitely had some nice surprises on here and outside of fab

over a year ago

"There are lots of other combos OP - my favourite was where a couple said I wasn’t their type (fair enough I can understand that) after chatting and then two months later they messaged saying the love my profile and wanted to meet. We met and everyone got on really well. Fab is a great (but weird) place and you just can’t take anything too seriously IMHO."

Fab is a weird place.

Your story positive and how shows how great that people changed their mind for the better.

over a year ago

I think timing is often a challenge for many folks.. Or distance .. Certainly is for me

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

Nah, I never tried to second guess. If I liked the look of someone I'd suggest meeting...the worst that could happen is they'd say they didn't want to, no big deal. My self confidence is strong enough to handle the odd rejection, and my ego isn't so huge as to think that everyone finds me irresistible.

By *arkjackMan
over a year ago

West Cork

Overall I'd say most of us are pretty bad at guessing what is inside other people's heads.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

[Removed by poster at 24/07/22 17:26:03]

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

"There are lots of other combos OP - my favourite was where a couple said I wasn’t their type (fair enough I can understand that) after chatting and then two months later they messaged saying the love my profile and wanted to meet. We met and everyone got on really well. Fab is a great (but weird) place and you just can’t take anything too seriously IMHO."

Similar to one of my meets. Had a hotel meet with m/f couple got on really well. Went to loo came back gent said if it's ok we can just chat. I said fair enough. Chatted and left. On the drive home got a text, they wanted me to come back! Got home they asked if they could visit me. Sorry no second chances. Such is the fab world!

over a year ago

I was chatting to someone who I found interesting, but it wasn’t with the intention of meeting, but once I got to know them, I realised that I did want to, so we did.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Only when we have met face to face for the social and one of us has not felt the chemistry, but that's attraction, it's not always 2 sided

over a year ago

"Nah, I never tried to second guess. If I liked the look of someone I'd suggest meeting...the worst that could happen is they'd say they didn't want to, no big deal. My self confidence is strong enough to handle the odd rejection, and my ego isn't so huge as to think that everyone finds me irresistible. "
well said

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I was chatting to someone who I found interesting, but it wasn’t with the intention of meeting, but once I got to know them, I realised that I did want to, so we did. "

I look at you and think 'no chance'. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it. Therefore, I would never message you

over a year ago

"I think timing is often a challenge for many folks.. Or distance .. Certainly is for me"

I’ve never thought about timing, but your right, that’s sometimes an enemy too.

over a year ago

"I think timing is often a challenge for many folks.. Or distance .. Certainly is for me

I’ve never thought about timing, but your right, that’s sometimes an enemy too. "

Right person... wrong time!

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

"I think timing is often a challenge for many folks.. Or distance .. Certainly is for me

Right person... wrong time! "

Sorry, I'm sure I'll be available still in the future

over a year ago

We’ve been ghosted a few times on here but never really rejected.

In real life, back when I was single I’ve been knocked back more times than I care to think about. I’m fairly confident for someone who looks like a shoe so I’ve never let it get me down.

over a year ago

Right person... wrong time!

Sorry, I'm sure I'll be available still in the future "

over a year ago

"Have you ever misread the situation on Fab where you really thought that someone liked you after chatting for a while, and you got the ‘thanks but no thanks’. "

No, never. They make it clear they don't want to fuck me.

"Or have you done the opposite and thought they’d never say yes to meeting up with you because you’re not the type they would normally go for, so you never massage? (Did you ever find out later that they did!?!?) "

Yes, an absolutely gorgeous 20 something asked to meet. I thought he meant for a social. An hour later we were fucking in his car.

"How many times have you made a move in real life and got knocked back when you thought it was going swell?

..."

I never think it's going well. I assume they are just chatting and not in any way interested.

Still shagged some anyway.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Can't say I've ever misread any conversation on here but I don't have the type of conversations that come to a grinding halt as the result of rejection.

On the flip side I've had a few women contact me who are genuinely surprised that my inbox and dancecard aren't full simply because I'm active on the forums.

They misread that as being popular and thought I wouldn't be interested in chatting.

Thankfully one of those conversations led to meeting my fab bestie

over a year ago

"We’ve been ghosted a few times on here but never really rejected.

In real life, back when I was single I’ve been knocked back more times than I care to think about. I’m fairly confident for someone who looks like a shoe so I’ve never let it get me down."

Looks like a shoe?

By *upersonic SamMan
over a year ago

wigan

I've had lots of socials where the other was amazing but just not for me, Clubs I probably play with five percent of invites but also a quick coffee that has gone off scale and ended up with a a week In bed. Fabs awesome for the patient. It's also as weird as fuck.

By *orny DeucesCouple
over a year ago

Mansfield

Think after the first few rejections you kind of get used to it. But then it does become super exciting when the right people say yes.

over a year ago

I don’t ask on here. Chatted with a few where I thought yes I’d def meet you, but if they Identify straight figure not much point. IRL it’s a bit different but again I just let things take their course. I can’t often tell the difference between polite and interested so I err on the side of polite.

Post new Message to Thread