Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Scottish Cricket

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Has been judged to be institutionally racist. Oh boy does this island like self flagellation.

What's going on guys. This is all over the news ...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Where

over a year ago

I’m stumped

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Wasn't Yorkshire cricket institutionally racist too ?

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Is it because the kit is whites only ?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Wasn't Yorkshire cricket institutionally racist too ?"

Allegedly yes and the Met and the WI, schools and the cubs and the list goes on...

over a year ago

I thought we were all to busy getting pissed to compete in sports

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Is the WI sexist as well as racist ?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

If the tartan bonnet fits..

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Do the Scottish have any land flat enough to play cricket...

If your not ginger then you are out, or does that mean your in... Confusing game

By *idanMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

[Removed by poster at 23/07/22 17:01:34]

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

It does seam to be all over the news.

over a year ago

"Where "

Scotland.

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Must be a non story ..us scots hate cricket

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The whole Scottish Cricket Board has just resigned.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"If the tartan bonnet fits.."

The Scotch Bonnet ? Hot !

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

They play a lot in Edinburgh. I'm a Yorkshireman and I can't stand cricket either

over a year ago

(Mr)Scotland & cricket is like pineapple on pizza

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"(Mr)Scotland & cricket is like pineapple on pizza "

Klaxon alert for pineapple on pizza

over a year ago

"(Mr)Scotland & cricket is like pineapple on pizza

Klaxon alert for pineapple on pizza "

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

They're all oot

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"They're all oot "

Underrated comment

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I wonder how likely it would be for the commissioned investigation (by whom?) into

Alleged racism in cricket Scotland came back and said... "nah not seeing it".

Got no dog in this particular fight one way or another but I can't help feeling that the outcome is somewhat predetermined, and what exactly the ubiquitous phrase "institionally racist" really means.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I wonder how likely it would be for the commissioned investigation (by whom?) into

Got no dog in this particular fight one way or another but I can't help feeling that the outcome is somewhat predetermined, and what exactly the ubiquitous phrase "institionally racist" really means. "

Tom reckons the whole world and country is institutionally racist. Every person has predjucices. It's just that the woke are reluctant to admit them. That looney family are totally accepting of all races, religions and creeds until the council want to open a new camp for travellers in the field next door.

over a year ago

"I wonder how likely it would be for the commissioned investigation (by whom?) into

Got no dog in this particular fight one way or another but I can't help feeling that the outcome is somewhat predetermined, and what exactly the ubiquitous phrase "institionally racist" really means.

Tom reckons the whole world and country is institutionally racist. Every person has predjucices. It's just that the woke are reluctant to admit them. That looney family are totally accepting of all races, religions and creeds until the council want to open a new camp for travellers in the field next door."

Basically that means everyone is racist apart from non racists because non racists are reluctant to admit to being racist.

Using that logic Tom has admitted to being racist.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Tom reckons the whole world and country is institutionally racist. Every person has predjucices. It's just that the woke are reluctant to admit them. That looney family are totally accepting of all races, religions and creeds until the council want to open a new camp for travellers in the field next door.

Basically that means everyone is racist apart from non racists because non racists are reluctant to admit to being racist.

Using that logic Tom has admitted to being racist. "

Everyone and Tom means everyone ...

over a year ago

Everyone and Tom means everyone ... "

Thanks for confirming.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Thanks for confirming."

Isn't that one of the biggest issues? Understanding and being aware of our own prejudices? Then we can learn from them and develop through our lives. Anyone who claims to be a prejudice free zone is a rarity indeed. Either that or just not very self aware.

over a year ago

Thanks for confirming.

Isn't that one of the biggest issues? Understanding and being aware of our own prejudices? Then we can learn from them and develop through our lives. Anyone who claims to be a prejudice free zone is a rarity indeed. Either that or just not very self aware. "

He uses the word prejudice but was alluding to racism which he has confirmed. I can 100% say I am not racist.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Reports that 448 examples of institutional racism ...

No wonder the Board resigned...

What's happened here guys ?

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Reports that 448 examples of institutional racism ...

No wonder the Board resigned...

What's happened here guys ?"

Impossible to judge or form an opinion without any of the substance or detail behind the headline. Society continues to be racist and lots of other prejudices. It's no surprise that organisations made up of and within that society exhibit some of those prejudices. If it was an easy answer it would have all been fixed now. Clearly it isn't and hasn't. But I'd hope continued and repeated education improves the journey for those effected.

Post new Message to Thread