Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Social Events (Cont'd)

Jump to newest

By *ockosaurus OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

Wow, this conversation went really well and people seemed to have a lot to say so I thought I'd continue it.

---

I love social events!

I've been to a few now, and even help out (I use that term very loosely ) with the UpTheBrum Socials.

Everyone has been a little different, but they have all really helped me feel part of a wider community and allowed me to make some really good friends.

If you have been to one, what do you enjoy about them, and what do you think could make them even better?

If you haven't been to one, why not and what might tempt you to giving one a go?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Ooohhh round 2!!

We do love a social - 3 in the next few weeks

J x

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

I did say on the last post we love a social we tend to only do socials in wales but we’ve been thinking about travelling a bit and attending more socials and making a weekend of it for ourselves also ..

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Yes! Got the bug now!

We only want to go if they’re fun ones though

By *ockosaurus OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

"Ooohhh round 2!!

We do love a social - 3 in the next few weeks

J x"

3! Wow busy bees!

By *ockosaurus OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

"I did say on the last post we love a social we tend to only do socials in wales but we’ve been thinking about travelling a bit and attending more socials and making a weekend of it for ourselves also .."

I'm looking at doing something similar.

It's a great way of mingling, and a good excuse to explore some new areas.

By *ockosaurus OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

"Yes! Got the bug now!

We only want to go if they’re fun ones though "

UpTheBrum is fun!

They usually have a quick (optional) speed dating game at the start to get people chatting, and have some form of entertainment.

Loads of us will go on to party in town afterwards too.

You should come and visit.

By *entative_steps7781Couple
over a year ago

Home

I suffer with social anxiety and always struggle at various different points with socials, but it is soo worth pushing through that anxiety.

I can honestly say that I have met some of the best people I know at socials and had some amazing nights.

If anyone is interested in coming to a social that we are going to (Up The Brum in August being the next one) then we (I well it will probably be me MJ) are more than happy to chat with anyone who is nervous and do what we can to help ease the nerves

MJ x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’ve only been to the one organised social which I loved. I’ve been meaning to go again to the UpTheBrum but not been able to.

I’m tempted for this Saturday though if there’s still space.

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

"Yes! Got the bug now!

UpTheBrum is fun!

They usually have a quick (optional) speed dating game at the start to get people chatting, and have some form of entertainment.

You should come and visit. "

When is the next one?

over a year ago

"I suffer with social anxiety and always struggle at various different points with socials, but it is soo worth pushing through that anxiety.

I can honestly say that I have met some of the best people I know at socials and had some amazing nights.

If anyone is interested in coming to a social that we are going to (Up The Brum in August being the next one) then we (I well it will probably be me MJ) are more than happy to chat with anyone who is nervous and do what we can to help ease the nerves

MJ x"

Lovely post! I may be needing you in August!

over a year ago

Home

"I’ve only been to the one organised social which I loved. I’ve been meaning to go again to the UpTheBrum but not been able to.

I’m tempted for this Saturday though if there’s still space. "

Yep, there is still space!! It's gonna be a good night!

MJ x

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I'm at one right now..at the proms

over a year ago

I've not been able to attend on the days they're on. Must try and make the time.

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

"Yes! Got the bug now!

UpTheBrum is fun!

When is the next one? "

August 13th 6pm start. Or something like that

over a year ago

"I’ve only been to the one organised social which I loved. I’ve been meaning to go again to the UpTheBrum but not been able to.

MJ x"

It would be great to see you all again but I suffer social anxiety to which makes it a little hard. Last time was ok as I met most of you the night before

over a year ago

Home

MJ x

It would be great to see you all again but I suffer social anxiety to which makes it a little hard. Last time was ok as I met most of you the night before "

100% get that lovely. We have a chat group on telegram (which I find helps me as I feel I know people) and I am always happy to meet people outside whatever venue and walk in with them (if that helps)

MJ x

over a year ago

Home

"I suffer with social anxiety and always struggle at various different points with socials, but it is soo worth pushing through that anxiety.

MJ x

Lovely post! I may be needing you in August! "

100% cool with that, just drop us a message anytime!

The chat group on telegram is also great for helping feel like you know people a little

MJ x

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

"Yes! Got the bug now!

UpTheBrum is fun!

When is the next one?

August 13th 6pm start. Or something like that "

Ah that’s why - we’ve got Manchester the following week!

over a year ago

MJ x

The chat group on telegram is also great for helping feel like you know people a little

MJ x"

Is there a group on telegram in action now?

over a year ago

"Yes! Got the bug now!

UpTheBrum is fun!

When is the next one?

Ah that’s why - we’ve got Manchester the following week! "

I'll go UpTheBrum if you go

By *ockosaurus OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

I’m tempted for this Saturday though if there’s still space. "

Femme? Yeah, there's room :-L

It sounds like it will be a great night. Just a shame I can't come to say hi.

over a year ago

Home

MJ x

MJ x

Is there a group on telegram in action now?"

No, not yet, it starts a couple of weeks before the social. They send out an email with the link on when it is open.

MJ x

over a year ago

MJ x

MJ x

Is there a group on telegram in action now?

No, not yet, it starts a couple of weeks before the social. They send out an email with the link on when it is open.

MJ x"

By *ockosaurus OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

"Yes! Got the bug now!

UpTheBrum is fun!

When is the next one?

August 13th 6pm start. Or something like that "

That is correct!

Though if you aren't signing up for the speed dating, you can go along whenever you like, but obviously you'll get the most out of them being there from the start.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I may attend 1 or 2 occasionally

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

"Yes! Got the bug now!

UpTheBrum is fun!

When is the next one?

that’s like half a fortnight to recover/prepare. More than enough time

over a year ago

It sounds like it will be a great night. Just a shame I can't come to say hi. "

Maybe next time. It would be great to catch up. I take it that means there no fridge cake? Lol

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

"Yes! Got the bug now!

UpTheBrum is fun!

When is the next one?

I'll go UpTheBrum if you go "

That’s a bit forward

Can’t abandon the pets every weekend unfortunately!!

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle

When we joined fab we never really considered the social side but it’s probably the biggest part of it for us. We’ve been to a few events now, enjoy trying different ones and it can also be a good excuse for us to have a weekend away.

They are definitely easier if you know people attending. The problem for me can then be that i tend to spend most my time with those people instead of meeting new people which is kind of the point. I need to step out of my comfort zone and approach people more.

Kx

over a year ago

"Yes! Got the bug now!

UpTheBrum is fun!

When is the next one?

I'll go UpTheBrum if you go

That’s a bit forward

Can’t abandon the pets every weekend unfortunately!! "

I'll be in a different time zone early August so I'm going to remain optimistic and keep an eye out for UpTheBrum in 2023

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"Yes! Got the bug now!

UpTheBrum is fun!

When is the next one?

We’re doing both

By *ockosaurus OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

It sounds like it will be a great night. Just a shame I can't come to say hi.

Maybe next time. It would be great to catch up. I take it that means there no fridge cake? Lol "

Not at Femme sorry.

Maybe at UTB4, but it may be a bit warm.

No one wants gooey fingers.

By *ockosaurus OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

"When we joined fab we never really considered the social side but it’s probably the biggest part of it for us. We’ve been to a few events now, enjoy trying different ones and it can also be a good excuse for us to have a weekend away.

They are definitely easier if you know people attending. The problem for me can then be that i tend to spend most my time with those people instead of meeting new people which is kind of the point. I need to step out of my comfort zone and approach people more.

Kx"

That's the same for me.

I always wanted a bit more of a connection with people, which was part of my reason for joining, but I knew nothing about these sort of social events.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I'm attending one of the London ones this Saturday.

I think I may put my name down for a future UpTheBrum.... If you'll have me...

By *ockosaurus OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

"I'm attending one of the London ones this Saturday.

I think I may put my name down for a future UpTheBrum.... If you'll have me..."

Have fun!

Yeah, I'm sure they will

By *aucy tiggerWoman
over a year ago

Back where I belong

Love a group social. Even prepared to travel to attend. A weekend away meeting new and old friends.

My friends and I have set ourselves a task, that we each talk to at least 3 people/ couples we've never meet before.

Thank you to those that organise the events having organised a few, I know what hard work it is.

By *ockosaurus OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

"Love a group social. Even prepared to travel to attend. A weekend away meeting new and old friends.

My friends and I have set ourselves a task, that we each talk to at least 3 people/ couples we've never meet before.

Thank you to those that organise the events having organised a few, I know what hard work it is."

Ooh! I like that idea.

I'm rubbish at approaching people and was wanting to push myself there, so that's a good idea and something I'll try doing now.

By *errocaWoman
over a year ago

Shropshire

Love a social meet, especially the UTB events... Always felt safe and well looked after, as a single female.

I'd highly recommend to anyone who is curious about attending.

By *ockosaurus OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

"Love a social meet, especially the UTB events... Always felt safe and well looked after, as a single female.

I'd highly recommend to anyone who is curious about attending. "

Glad you felt like that.

It's important to make it a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

over a year ago

Not a fan of groups i find it hard to focus on who im talking to i cant do the butterfly thing well and soon get bored and grouchy when being pulled piller to post to meet this person or that person and will seem rude when i just walk of mid convo because of it id much rather the intimacy of 1 person 2 or at the very most 3 i do dont hate em but id not choose em

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
over a year ago

Next Door

I enjoy a group social.

There's a few that I will not attend again and some that I can't wait to attend again.

I can be hard attending your 1st social or new social, I recommend engaging with a few people before hand.

I personally find the group chats ( like on telegram)can be dominated by a few, and these aren't for me

By *anilla switchWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

I really enjoy a social and have been to a couple, hoping to attend more soon.

over a year ago

Love organised socials, there are quite a few down my way and the organisers always do an amazing job.

It's something I look forward to and treat as a night out with some very good friends, a chance to be in good company and the opportunity to meet new people. For anyone who doesn't attend the socials they truly are missing out on so much

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

When I was single it was a fabulous way of networking, prospecting and hooking up with sexy people

Circumstances change, and it doesn't hold the appeal it once did. We'd like attend a couple of organised socials we've not done (Bristol and Unseen Lounge) but not much else.

Emphasis has changed to attending clubs. The experience of doing it as a couple is vastly different from when single.

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Planning our first social soon with a man that we are going to play with in Sept.

Going to meet him for a coffee and expose some flesh and talk dirty in public, he has no idea and just think its a friendly meet and chat.

Her x

By *ockosaurus OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

"When I was single it was a fabulous way of networking, prospecting and hooking up with sexy people

Circumstances change, and it doesn't hold the appeal it once did. We'd like attend a couple of organised socials we've not done (Bristol and Unseen Lounge) but not much else.

Emphasis has changed to attending clubs. The experience of doing it as a couple is vastly different from when single. "

I get a totally different thing from clubs to social events.

Absolutely love both, but for me there is something about meeting a load of like minded people and enjoying other forms of entertainment and socialising that isn't based around sex.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I've loved the socials I've attended; they've been the best thing about this site for me. I'm a generally sociable person and the idea of walking into a large group of strangers and making conversation with anyone who seems interesting is one I find exciting, and I think that has helped me have such an overwhelmingly positive experience.

I like the fact that I get to meet and natter to people where our paths wouldn't otherwise have crossed. I've had some really interesting conversations and some great laughs.

I'm fairly specific about what suits me, the sort of size of social I like and the type of event where I'll feel most at home. I don't go to anything too big or too formal, because I know they aren't events I'll enjoy.

I'm not a fan of clubs so if it wasn't for socials I'd be entirely dependent on messaging to meet people and that way madness lies!

By *ockosaurus OP   Man
over a year ago

Warwick

"I've loved the socials I've attended; they've been the best thing about this site for me. I'm a generally sociable person and the idea of walking into a large group of strangers and making conversation with anyone who seems interesting is one I find exciting, and I think that has helped me have such an overwhelmingly positive experience.

I like the fact that I get to meet and natter to people where our paths wouldn't otherwise have crossed. I've had some really interesting conversations and some great laughs.

I'm fairly specific about what suits me, the sort of size of social I like and the type of event where I'll feel most at home. I don't go to anything too big or too formal, because I know they aren't events I'll enjoy.

I'm not a fan of clubs so if it wasn't for socials I'd be entirely dependent on messaging to meet people and that way madness lies!"

I love that you find them exciting.

I find them absolutely terrifying

Still love them though.

I agree about not too big and not to formal.

By *anilla switchWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

Hoping to organise some social events Hampshire way.

over a year ago

"Hoping to organise some social events Hampshire way. "

Ooh

By *anilla switchWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

"Hoping to organise some social events Hampshire way.

Ooh "

I know right! Will hopefully setting up a social profile soon… watch this space

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"I've loved the socials I've attended; they've been the best thing about this site for me. I'm a generally sociable person and the idea of walking into a large group of strangers and making conversation with anyone who seems interesting is one I find exciting, and I think that has helped me have such an overwhelmingly positive experience.

I'm not a fan of clubs so if it wasn't for socials I'd be entirely dependent on messaging to meet people and that way madness lies!

I love that you find them exciting.

I find them absolutely terrifying

Still love them though.

I agree about not too big and not to formal. "

Believe it or not but I get really nervous too. I’m not good with new places & people. I end up talking rubbish or drinking too much. T is a social butterfly. This is one reason I like the chat groups - I found I wasn’t quite so nervous at Lichvegas last week and didn’t drink half as much as normal.

J x

Post new Message to Thread