Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Typing

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Do they still teach typing?

Im a touch typist and cant type on a phone or even an laptop properly. All that time i spent learning to type and now its one finger

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I self-taught myself to type, and practised via chat using MSN.

I seldom need to look at the keyboard as I type nowadays.

over a year ago

"Do they still teach typing?

Im a touch typist and cant type on a phone or even an laptop properly. All that time i spent learning to type and now its one finger"

Ill teach you a trick or 2.. Lol..

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman
over a year ago

Glenrothes

Lol I am exactly the same. I have a terrible time on phones etc! Give me a keyboard everytime. On saying that, my secretarial studies teacher did say that I would never work in an office nor touch type cos I was so bad. I proved him wrong on all counts! lol

over a year ago

i learnt to type when my mum bought a CD ROM (haha thats so odd to say that now) by Mavis Beacon..

never looked back since and always touch type.

over a year ago

There is a teach yourself CD Rom on the market.... Especially if you're after a refresher course.....

over a year ago

It was a blessing when touch keyboards came in, i learnt on the old fashioned typewriters god your fingers ached. Ive got one finger with no use in it so can just tap with the knuckle part.

No need for my shorthand either lol, god we spent hours and hours doing that

over a year ago

Lets put it this way - if I lost all bar two fingers in a freak accident involving a razor sharp frisbee - I'd still be able to type at my current speed!

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

When I was working in a school, typing was no longer taught (I have the old RSA and CSE quals in typing) and I still type round about 50 wpm - with the advent of IT many younger people are familiar with a QWERTY keyboard, though I also know many who can type pretty fast with two fingers. I'm shite typing on my phone and much prefer my lappie, but I'm better on my own lappie with a full number keypad at the side than my work lappie without

over a year ago

Ive got RSA 1, 2 and 3. Waste of fucking time that was. It was called commerce and you did shorthand, typing and office practice. I was really good at office practice as well

over a year ago

Well on some forums not so much on here the amount of text speak is ridiculous,so obviously they do not teach it anymore.

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I can touch type fine on either a pc keyboard or on a laptop... But I have no chance on the phone. Thumbs only for the phone lol

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"Ive got RSA 1, 2 and 3. Waste of fucking time that was. It was called commerce and you did shorthand, typing and office practice. I was really good at office practice as well"

I also have RSA 1 & 2 in Audio typing...something I haven't used in best part of 30 years

over a year ago

1 finger typing for me otherwise it looks like this..ksdbhugbosj[-02iwnswhvbqgzznn

over a year ago

"Ive got RSA 1, 2 and 3. Waste of fucking time that was. It was called commerce and you did shorthand, typing and office practice. I was really good at office practice as well

I also have RSA 1 & 2 in Audio typing...something I haven't used in best part of 30 years "

oh forgot about the audio typing, cant remember what i got in that

Post new Message to Thread