Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Energy vampires

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

People who suck all the energy from you, and definitely not in a good way.

How do all you lovely people deal with persons who leave you feeling utterly drained - they don't even have to be in your vicinity, a call or a text can do it.

Do you nip it in the bud and confront them head on? Cut them out your life (this for me will be second time round), or distance yourself as best you can? Does it make a difference whether being a relative, friend or acquaintance of sorts?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I like to try confront the cause and fix the problem as to why im feeling drained by someone in the first place

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

It depends how much I want their friendship to how much I will tolerate it. And only one at a time.

Once I recognise that behaviour generally I keep them at arms length anyway while the relationship develops

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I used to ignore it and just try and avoid where possible. I went through a period where I told people the effect they were having on others and how they were seen by their peers and that usually created additional drama and finger pointing so now I just walk away completely.

By *W ChapMan
over a year ago

Swindon

Remove them from my life, life's too short for people who don't add positivity.

By *estrel girlWoman
over a year ago

Wokingham

"Remove them from my life, life's too short for people who don't add positivity."

over a year ago

"I like to try confront the cause and fix the problem as to why im feeling drained by someone in the first place "

Have a list as long as my arm as to why feel drained by the person

over a year ago

"Remove them from my life, life's too short for people who don't add positivity."

100% this. Remove them and move on

over a year ago

"It depends how much I want their friendship to how much I will tolerate it. And only one at a time.

Once I recognise that behaviour generally I keep them at arms length anyway while the relationship develops"

same as this

over a year ago

"I like to try confront the cause and fix the problem as to why im feeling drained by someone in the first place

Have a list as long as my arm as to why feel drained by the person "

start at the shoulder work down going downhill is easier if this friend is worth it i would say its worth a shot loyalty is worth a little sacrifice

over a year ago

"People who suck all the energy from you, and definitely not in a good way.

How do all you lovely people deal with persons who leave you feeling utterly drained - they don't even have to be in your vicinity, a call or a text can do it.

Do you nip it in the bud and confront them head on? Cut them out your life (this for me will be second time round), or distance yourself as best you can? Does it make a difference whether being a relative, friend or acquaintance of sorts?

"

Aw I have made a really conscious effort to cut people like this from my own life recently. I just stop interacting with them, have had a clear out of my social media connections, and save my energy for people who make me feel good. J (Mr) is much better at not bothering with people who drain you than I am lol.

F (Mrs)

over a year ago

"I used to ignore it and just try and avoid where possible. I went through a period where I told people the effect they were having on others and how they were seen by their peers and that usually created additional drama and finger pointing so now I just walk away completely. "

Have tried the approach of letting this person know of the effect they are having on people, but they are utterly oblivious, walking away will cause a set of dramas also I'm afraid.

over a year ago

Is this applied to all kinds of people in your life?

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Possibly why I have few friends left? When I had a very difficult time in my life (disability caused by pregnancy), obviously I struggled to be positive. I got little/no support from friends and they drifted away. It's a good job I've got the best husband in the whole world, because otherwise I might not be here typing.

People can't be positive all of the time.

Post new Message to Thread