Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Upcycling

Jump to newest

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman
over a year ago

evesham

does anyoe do this, taking old [iece of furniture, clothes etc and giving them a make over, rather than buying new things?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I would like to but I know I would buy, paint one leg and get bored and the thing would sit unfinished

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

funny was talking to someone kinda about this.. when i was decorating my little ones bedroom i had obtained some plain white photo frames.. spent a few quid in Hobbycraft and got creative.

Also bought some sticker tiles to place on top of the plain white ones in my bathroom to inject colour

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

not as much as i should

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman
over a year ago

evesham

not strictly upcycling but we are having a christmas jumper off at work next month and have been looking for cheap jumpers online.

someone was selling one they made and thought.....'i could do that', well my sister could as she has a sewing machine.

over a year ago

Yeah done that. Didn't no that's what it was called though. You learn something new everyday

over a year ago

I did used to do this when first starting out in bedsits and crumby flats. It's amazing what a coat of paint can do to something second hand.

I think I got lazy though and nowadays if I need something I just shop around for a bargain. I'm not wasteful though, I'll move things from room to room when get bored re-shuffle rather than dispose of

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I've been doing this with furniture for years.

It's amazing the difference a few coats of woodstain and a decent set of brass handles can make to a worse for wear chest of drawers hauled out of a skip.

over a year ago

Yep love it and its great to do. A bit of paint or rub of sand paper can take something shabby and skip worthy and make it awesome.

Post new Message to Thread