Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Swings and roundabouts

Jump to newest

By *thwalescpl OP   Couple
over a year ago

brecon

I have been perusing the forums this morning, and I have to say that I have been having a real laugh, which, recently, seemed to be lacking here.

Sure, there has been the odd witty comment here and there, but on the whole, for a while now, the forums have been lacking that certain "something in the air" that used to make it my favourite place to hang out when I wanted a chuckle.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that, as with everything, there appears to be a cyclic rhythym here, periods of witty banter and genuinely funny threads, followed by a fallow period of inane dross that makes reading in here a real chore, something I have noticed in the chatrooms too.

Case in point... the "bearback" thread, some really clever funny comments, had me giggling away for ages, havent wanted to read right through a thread and then start at the beginning again and re-read it for a while, but that one really made my morning.

So, maybe I missed all the good stuff, or maybe I'm right, chuck in a thread title thats tickled your funny bone recently.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I know what you mean.

It does comes in waves and cycles, seen it all having been on FAB for over 3 years.

By *reenonionsMan
over a year ago

Nr Exeter

It's also noteworthy that what one person finds funny could be dire for another....

There's a lot of lame, basic and dumb humor here and some very good wit now and then.

over a year ago

Anyone mentioning Cruel Year (apart from me!) will be SHOT!!!!

Lol!

over a year ago

Yes, that was a bit OTT last night!

over a year ago

Couldn't agree more, we've been on here four years now. At one time Andy would often come and find out what I was laughing at as I couldn't tell him. I was nearly in hysterics on numerous occasions. I only said to him the other day how serious they've become of late. I really miss having a really good laugh on here.

Post new Message to Thread