Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Are we sitting comfortably…..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Then I will begin, saw this elsewhere and not sure if it’s horse shit or not but apparently the England women’s football team are on fire right now and playing thier best ever football however a bbc pundit was why the team on the pitch are all white, Caucasian not kit colour, now I know this could be steaming piles of social media horse manure however there is alarming evidence that the bbc is also a steaming pile of horse manure too, I realise I could of shortened this post quite considerably however I have stayed out of the sun and therefore drank too many ciders, so long story short, is the bbc wrong for letting her say this if indeed she did say it…..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

Sorry.. what was she was ment to of said?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think it was that all 5 substitutes were white. Not the full team. Although I’m not 100% on this.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I think the comment was that the starting 11 and all reserves were white and that showed a worrying lack of diversity.

And I'm not sure what is controversial about that?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I think the comment was that the starting 11 and all reserves were white and that showed a worrying lack of diversity.

And I'm not sure what is controversial about that?"

If all of those players are the best English players in their positions and the subs the second best then race should not be an issue.

By *unky_Fab_FellaMan
over a year ago

Nr Boston

I saw this, but, not being quoted as BBC but someone other organisation.

Its Internet kerfuffle I think

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I think its because they all have pony tails

By *eisty LadyWoman
over a year ago

Count Your Blessings Cottage, Gratitude Grove

This was a few days ago, a commentator talking bollocks and needlessly throwing the diversity card around

So long as the best players are picked for the game it shouldn’t matter what colour / race / ethnicity / sexuality etc that they are

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I know nothing about football but that is an awful lack of diversity within the women's team...whatever the reason maybe.

Post new Message to Thread