Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

wrong time of the month

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hello, can any of you lovely ladies suggest any contraception that will stop my periods?

I've tried the coil, made mine worse and I'm too old (boo hoo) for the pill being 42.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Hello, can any of you lovely ladies suggest any contraception that will stop my periods?

I've tried the coil, made mine worse and I'm too old (boo hoo) for the pill being 42. "

Extreme Sports Training and maintaining the weight and physical characteristics of a ten year old.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Hello, can any of you lovely ladies suggest any contraception that will stop my periods?

I've tried the coil, made mine worse and I'm too old (boo hoo) for the pill being 42.

Extreme Sports Training and maintaining the weight and physical characteristics of a ten year old."

pmsl

over a year ago

Depends on how bad they are, I used to suffer really bad periods untill I had a thermochoice endometrial abrasion, never looked back since

over a year ago

Extreme Sports Training and maintaining the weight and physical characteristics of a ten year old."

lolol

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

If you want to stop a period occasionally try northestrone...

over a year ago

codliver oil...it'd make me stay away

over a year ago

"Depends on how bad they are, I used to suffer really bad periods untill I had a thermochoice endometrial abrasion, never looked back since"

Is that where they inflat a balloon and burn the lining of your womb?

over a year ago

"If you want to stop a period occasionally try northestrone... "

What's that?

over a year ago

The implant has stopped mine

over a year ago

I take the Cezarette pill and it stopped mines. Haven't had one for years which is great.

over a year ago

i went on the deop injection 11 years ago and ive never had a period since ive been on it, i get a slight bit of light spotting sometimes a couple of days before my next injection is due but soon as i have the injection it stops again, but i only get the spotting once or twice a year

over a year ago

"The implant has stopped mine "

Your a lot younger than me, not sure I can have the implant x

over a year ago

"I take the Cezarette pill and it stopped mines. Haven't had one for years which is great."

Ok your not yet 40 but we aren't that far away in age. What is it?x

over a year ago

"The implant has stopped mine

Your a lot younger than me, not sure I can have the implant x"

my daughter went on the implant and it made her periods really heavy and long, she had to have it taken out

what works for one wont work the same for everyone

over a year ago

The implant made mine really erratic, never knew from one week to the next what was going to happen. I had it taken out after a year and went back on the pill about a year ago. I'm on Marvelon now.

over a year ago

Your a lot younger than me, not sure I can have the implant x

my daughter went on the implant and it made her periods really heavy and long, she had to have it taken out

what works for one wont work the same for everyone "

Yes, that's what happened with me and the mirena coil. It worked for every other female I knew but for me, it was painful, made my periods ten times worse, was constantly on and I completely lost my libido. You are so right x

over a year ago

Im on Cerezette at 43!! And have been for past 3 years.

over a year ago

Your a lot younger than me, not sure I can have the implant x"

I'm 52 and I have an implant...

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"If you want to stop a period occasionally try northestrone...

What's that?"

Its the horome proestregene.. You take it 3 days before you are due on then take it for the days you don't want a period..

over a year ago

"I take the Cezarette pill and it stopped mines. Haven't had one for years which is great.

Ok your not yet 40 but we aren't that far away in age. What is it?x"

Contraceptive pill with the added bonus of stopping most people's periods. However I know 1 person on here who took it and it didn't stop hers, but I believe it does for most people.

PS don't mention the big 40, am dreading it

over a year ago

I've tried the coil, made mine worse and I'm too old (boo hoo) for the pill being 42. "

Depo. Sometimes a tiny bit of spotting till u get used to it x x

over a year ago

Why are you too old for the pill?

over a year ago

"I take the Cezarette pill and it stopped mines. Haven't had one for years which is great."

I was put on Cezarette and within the first week I was in them I ended up on hospital with severe anemia

Apparently it can cause severe bleeding in 30% of woman but no one warned me.

I ended up with a hysterectomy due to fibroids so I'm now period free

over a year ago

"I take the Cezarette pill and it stopped mines. Haven't had one for years which is great.

I was put on Cezarette and within the first week I was in them I ended up on hospital with severe anemia

Apparently it can cause severe bleeding in 30% of woman but no one warned me.

I ended up with a hysterectomy due to fibroids so I'm now period free "

Oh I wasn't told that either. I have been on it for years with no problems. Sorry to hear you had problems with it x

over a year ago

Why are you too old for the pill?"

They worry about woman being on combined birth control pill once you hit mid to late 30s. It's due to higher risks of strokes and DVT. I actually had a DVT at 36 due to combined pill.

over a year ago

Ok your not yet 40 but we aren't that far away in age. What is it?x

Contraceptive pill with the added bonus of stopping most people's periods. However I know 1 person on here who took it and it didn't stop hers, but I believe it does for most people.

PS don't mention the big 40, am dreading it "

I have simple ovarian cysts but a family history of ovarian/cervical cancer so I know I have to be careful but what you arson sounds positive. Is it the pill?

And believe me, I was absolutely dreading being 40 and you know what, I have to be honest and say it wasn't that bad in the end. The only downside to being 40, I've found, is age appropriate clothing. I'm really young at heart but know i cant dress like a twenties or even thirties girl anymore. Have fun, enjoy it when it arrives and soak up the attention of people saying "wow, you dont look 40"xxx

over a year ago

"

They worry about woman being on combined birth control pill once you hit mid to late 30s. It's due to higher risks of strokes and DVT. I actually had a DVT at 36 due to combined pill. "

Really? No one told me this either!! I just get my blood pressure taken and then given a 6 month prescription.

over a year ago

Dr told me it was too high a risk due to my family history, breast cancer and smoking so I have to go along with that x

Why are you too old for the pill?"

over a year ago

Like all contraception it effects some but not all. Cerezette has been 100% fine and no side effects at all.

over a year ago

"Depends on how bad they are, I used to suffer really bad periods untill I had a thermochoice endometrial abrasion, never looked back since

Is that where they inflat a balloon and burn the lining of your womb?"

Yeh, virtually stopped mine

over a year ago

Oh only side effect is that im available for sex 24/7 and my man never gets a week off

over a year ago

I have a Mirena coil and no longer have periods. I have always had coils as hormonal contraception did not suit me, and the cap was a passion killer!

over a year ago

Which coil did you try? Copper or hormonal?

Copper made mine worse (20 years ago), had hormonal fitted six months ago and now just get a day of very light bleeding.

over a year ago

"Oh only side effect is that im available for sex 24/7 and my man never gets a week off "

Rub it in! I'm also available 24/7 (bar that one horrid week) but no man at all!!

over a year ago

"Oh only side effect is that im available for sex 24/7 and my man never gets a week off

Rub it in! I'm also available 24/7 (bar that one horrid week) but no man at all!!"

I might desist from all sexual activity, just for sympathys sakes..

ayeright

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"

They worry about woman being on combined birth control pill once you hit mid to late 30s. It's due to higher risks of strokes and DVT. I actually had a DVT at 36 due to combined pill.

Really? No one told me this either!! I just get my blood pressure taken and then given a 6 month prescription."

they stopped giving me the pill at 32

over a year ago

"Oh only side effect is that im available for sex 24/7 and my man never gets a week off

Rub it in! I'm also available 24/7 (bar that one horrid week) but no man at all!!

ayeright"

If I was near enough to kick you in the gonads I would! You men have no idea!!!x

over a year ago

"Which coil did you try? Copper or hormonal?

Copper made mine worse (20 years ago), had hormonal fitted six months ago and now just get a day of very light bleeding.

"

It was the hormonal one, mirena, and it was an absolute nightmare for me

over a year ago

"Depends on how bad they are, I used to suffer really bad periods untill I had a thermochoice endometrial abrasion, never looked back since"

this is the best method xx

over a year ago

ayeright

If I was near enough to kick you in the gonads I would! You men have no idea!!!x"

bring it and BJ me while ur there....yer good for something at least!

over a year ago

What's wrong with a good old fashioned cork?

By * starr -Woman
over a year ago

Burton on Trent.

depo injection for me, works very well, and no periods or light spotting, god send after my 30 days on 10 days off spell.

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

all jokes aside .. reducing ur weight and increasing ur physical body mass does have a natural impact

By *pecifically1Woman
over a year ago

Hull

Depo Provera...it's an injection every 16 weeks...killed mine dead...no PMT, no periods..Bliss....

By *parrow77Man
over a year ago

cheshire

Depo injection will

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

Hi

I'm 44 and on the Mirena coil, wear leggings and long tops and go out in short dresses too. Wear what you want and don't be too caught up in what is 'age approrpriate'.

My life is much better in my forties.

Go back and get a second opinion regarding your bleeding and contraception.

over a year ago

"Hi

I'm 44 and on the Mirena coil, wear leggings and long tops and go out in short dresses too. Wear what you want and don't be too caught up in what is 'age approrpriate'.

My life is much better in my forties.

Go back and get a second opinion regarding your bleeding and contraception.

"

I am "trendy" but there are some clothes that you just cant wear. I never want to be seen as mutton dressed up as lamb. Thank you for the advice, going to go back to my dr x

Post new Message to Thread