Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Timewasters

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How do they appear offline yet my messages are showing read? How do messages get read if it says there not logged on for an hour

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If a bear shits in the woods and there's no one there, does it still smell.

These are the kind of questions that keep me up at night.....

over a year ago

"How do they appear offline yet my messages are showing read? How do messages get read if it says there not logged on for an hour "

How does that make them a time waster?

over a year ago

2nd time this week and third in two that I have made arrangements, even got postcodes, and arrived only for the other side to ghost me. I’m getting really tired of it. Single parent time is precious and petrol isn’t cheap and people seemingly use this to keep their options open til the last minute.

So, although the title and first post didn’t directly relate, that is the reasoning behind the timewasters post, it’s particularly aggravating to see they haven’t logged in for half an hour yet all but my most recent message are being magically read.

By *ogglesMan
over a year ago

essex and norfolk

Twice this week,two couples interested in meeting, set a date booked hotel,then nothing

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Maybe a little more research and a better vetting system?

Never had a no show or been ghosted in 5 years here but if it happened more than twice I would be looking at the common denominator.

By *rhugesMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

I've had it were I have met the person then booked a hotel after confirming she was definitely free, then on the day saying she couldn't make it, after convincing me that she could ,

By *entBarryUKMan
over a year ago

Ashford

"If a bear shits in the woods and there's no one there, does it still smell.

These are the kind of questions that keep me up at night.....

"

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Consider making a social engagement, in a place where you’ll be anyway, if you get such repeated failures. You then have a better chance of vertig them. Or try club arrangements. As well as reviewing what you're doing

By *all me FlikWoman
over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"2nd time this week and third in two that I have made arrangements, even got postcodes, and arrived only for the other side to ghost me. I’m getting really tired of it. Single parent time is precious and petrol isn’t cheap and people seemingly use this to keep their options open til the last minute.

So, although the title and first post didn’t directly relate, that is the reasoning behind the timewasters post, it’s particularly aggravating to see they haven’t logged in for half an hour yet all but my most recent message are being magically read."

Maybe they read them and then logged off?

over a year ago

This site has glitches ….. I have appeared online when I haven’t been ( so I’ve been told)

It’s a blip - normal service will resume

over a year ago

Thanks for that helpful comment “common denominator” I’ve been on fab since 2009, I’ve had many many successful meets and met some lovely people on here, some I’m still speaking to, and others meeting now and again going back almost to the beginning, and until recently could count on one hand the number of incidents like this. Unfortunately I think people’s manners are getting worse. People block you now after a few messages almost on a whim, like they would on Facebook or snapchat, because that’s normal apparently. In fact, if a user asks me to message on Snapchat I see that as a warning sign- kids and predators use snapchat, not grown ups? So I avoid.

Anyway, rant over, two meets last week, two set up for next two weeks and cupids tonight. It’s not all bad

over a year ago

Two last week and as per usual i’m to blame and end up getting abuse

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

"Thanks for that helpful comment “common denominator” I’ve been on fab since 2009, I’ve had many many successful meets and met some lovely people on here, some I’m still speaking to, and others meeting now and again going back almost to the beginning, and until recently could count on one hand the number of incidents like this. Unfortunately I think people’s manners are getting worse. People block you now after a few messages almost on a whim, like they would on Facebook or snapchat, because that’s normal apparently. In fact, if a user asks me to message on Snapchat I see that as a warning sign- kids and predators use snapchat, not grown ups? So I avoid.

Anyway, rant over, two meets last week, two set up for next two weeks and cupids tonight. It’s not all bad

"

Why is it bad manners if you get blocked after a few messages? There will always be a reason. Something you said they didnt like or turned them off, they just not into you, whatever though, lots block people they arnt interested in or/and dont want to meet, dont wanna carry on a conversation ect..it also saves from messaging aagin in the future.

Post new Message to Thread