Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Pictures from NASA's new telescope

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Some great images coming from NASA's new James Webb telescope!

Seeing light now, which started it's journey towards us over 13 billion years ago when travelling at 186,000 MILES PER SECOND tells you how big the universe is, but can you get your head around that?

If you can, WHAT IF our universe is just one in the multiverse.

OR, what if our entire universe were just one atom in a blade of grass in another universe on a MUCH bigger scale!?

OK so You have to pick one, do you find that...

a) scary

b) exciting

c) couldn't give a shit

which would you pick?

If it's C that's a shame because you are part of it and without you, the entire universe would change. You really are that important!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I just find it so mind blowing when you start really thinking about it all. It’s inconceivable, It is definitely exciting.

By *inx.x3Woman
over a year ago

Bath

I think it’s interesting/exciting but I can’t lie and say I fully understand everything that Iv read but I still keep reading about it

over a year ago

"If it's C that's a shame because you are part of it and without you, the entire universe would change. You really are that important! "

If you're into this sort of thing, then that's great but I refuse to believe that if one individual didn't exist, then the change to the universe would be anything more than negligible at best.

over a year ago

I’m excited for the people who are excited.

But for me, it’s C, I’m really not that interested.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"If it's C that's a shame because you are part of it and without you, the entire universe would change. You really are that important!

If you're into this sort of thing, then that's great but I refuse to believe that if one individual didn't exist, then the change to the universe would be anything more than negligible at best."

I'm not saying that because a person doesn't exist stars collapse but in the multiverse theory, an UNLIMITED number of universes could exist and each may differ by many differences or by one one TINY detail. There could be trillions of universes where YOU exist and countless more where you don't but in only one of those that you do, you just touched your nose for 1.00345 seconds with your right index finger. INFINITE universes allows for anything or everything to differ in each.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Ones mind is truly boggled by such things, not really that interested to be honest ..

Prefer to stay grounded here..

over a year ago

"There could be trillions of universes where YOU exist."

If this is the case then you can do better than this, universes.

Pull your finger out.

By *atermelodyMan
over a year ago

Northampton

I don't think it's anything special. It's just similar to what the Hubble already showed us..just with more detail. But I agree it's crazy to wrap your head around how big the observable universe is.

Light can travel around the earth 8 times in 1 second, yet it's taken 13.5 billion years for those lights to reach us.....madness.

Is there a multiverse? Possibly, but the universe hasn't been around long enough for the light to reach us.

we're limited by light speed. We can only see 46.5 billion light years in all directions from where we are.

Also some parts of the universe is moving away from us faster than light speed, the light from these places will never reach us even after an infinite amount of time. This is our limit. We'll never know if the multiverse theory is true because the light will never reach us.

Post new Message to Thread