Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tech guidance with pic taking please

Jump to newest

By *ampWithABrain OP   Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Cos googling is driving me nuts and not getting me what I want

What I really need is a simply bullet point idiots guide, google seems to return videos/articles with a load of waffle to wade through!

This isn’t just for fab purposes but general use too

Have an iPhone, have just figured out how to use the timer and burst functions (yep I’m that behind! - saying that a few years back I was more on the ball with this stuff but I’ve forgotten how I used to do things)

I want to be able to

1 take video and pics hands free, have a wee tripod/stand type thing that should enable better positioning of the phone/camera but I want to be able to change poses etc without constantly having to set everything up again.

2 I want to be able to hide identifying or less than ideal items/objects etc but in an aesthetically pleasing way not simply using smilies etc as don’t like that look. Pixelation or blurring, being able to crop on an angle that kind of thing

3 would like to be able to adjust lighting, deal with poor shadowing etc I understand this is in large part to do with how the image has been taken but more subtle changes would be nice to be able to do

I used to consider myself an enthusiastic amateur photography wise but I feel very out of practice and skills lost and would like to brush uo/learn more

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

1. Small stand like a gorrila or spider stand, thick flexible wire is great for phones

2. Use software like ashampoo photo optimiser that will let you remove objects,crop, do colour touch ups, red eye or any other alterations need such as shadows or inconsistent skin tone

By *ev and TrevCouple
over a year ago

cardiff

My pics are very amateur but I've recently discovered the timer for hands free pics and 3 apps I use to edit (to blur and colour spot mainly).

I get ideas for pics from both here on fab and NSFW twitter.

Most of the pics on our profile I've taken myself (trev doesn't even know I've taken them half the time until he logs in!)

But for every 1 pic I post, I've taken 20!

over a year ago

Download a app called pro camera

And pay for the yearly access

Then go to settings

File format

And set it to TIFF

And the raw format to pro raw if you have a 13 pro iPhone if not just leave it at standard raw

Unfortunately I can’t help with editing software

As it’s unwise to give out what you use

As ones a editing program is knowing

People can reverse enger the edit pic useing the sorce code from the editing program

Sorry I know that isn’t a help but got to be safe

By *easidersCouple
over a year ago

Wirral

Mess about with the edit function of your iPhone’s Photos app, there’s quite a bit you can do there - cropping, angles, various colour and b&w presets, grain, vignette...

Have fun!

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Photos has a simple video editor built in to Windows. Try that for editing first. What I find best is take a video and edit out the parts you do not want. Take 'snapshots' within the video for your pictures. Vlc player (also free) can do snapshots easily.

over a year ago

Glasgow

I’ve got a stand. Only just bought it so still getting familiar with using it.

I’ll try that ashampoo app thank you.

My pics are definitely amateur too! Blurring would be handy mainly for background objects I try and remember to prep the area then check the pics and there’s an errant handbag or something there! Would be good to be able to blur those out.

I’ll check out that twitter feed.

“But for every 1 pic I post, I've taken 20!”

Can totally relate to that!

If you prefer to say which apps privately I’d appreciate that.

Seasiders - been doing that already but really struggling I figure out how to do things hence posting the thread

I’ve been taking video and taking stills from them but the quality is really quite poor the stills camera is far clearer so I want to be know how to use that more effectively

over a year ago

Glasgow

Ashampoo all I can find is ashampoo connect which doesn’t seem to be a photo/editing app?

Pro camera there are 2 come up one with a blue icon and one with a black/multicoloured icon not sure which is correct one

It’s a 12 mini I have (small hands)

over a year ago

Glasgow

Ashampoo all I can find is ashampoo connect which doesn’t seem to be a photo/editing app?

Pro camera there are 2 come up one with a blue icon and one with a black/multicoloured icon not sure which is correct one

It’s a 12 mini I have (small hands)

over a year ago

"Ashampoo all I can find is ashampoo connect which doesn’t seem to be a photo/editing app?

It’s a 12 mini I have (small hands) "

It’s the blue icon one that’s what I use to take pics also has a extended timer above what the normal camera app has you you can set it for say 30s allowing you to get in to a pose

over a year ago

"Ashampoo all I can find is ashampoo connect which doesn’t seem to be a photo/editing app?

It’s a 12 mini I have (small hands) "

Timmer button on it is on the right hand side off the big button in the middle it will have a 1 if you hold down on it it will bring up another menus to

Extend the timer also can have it take multiple pics like 3 pics with a 10 seconds interval bween pics

Post new Message to Thread