FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dating outside the lifestyle - when do you tell them?

Jump to newest

By *ammo89 OP   Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

At the moment, I'm happily single and not dating anybody, but recently I've started to wonder how I'd go about telling a date that I'm involved in the lifestyle, and the timing of it.

Personally, I wouldn't be active on fab if i was dating someone outside fab, as the presumption would be that it's monogamous until we discuss otherwise. I would only want to tell them out of respect, so that I'm not hiding anything from them.

So I guess I'm wondering: if the time ever came that i was dating, when would be the best time or moment to tell them? Before a first date?

Any personal experience of this on here would be appreciated

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Why not date someone off fab then its a moot point..

And yes there are women on here who would

over a year ago

I would say you'll know when the time is right, it all depends on the other person and how open minded they are.

I wouldn't go out of my way to tell someone right at the start and I'd also be open to the fact that it might never come up and they may be the one to make me feel right with monogamy.

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

I kinda drop a hint before the dating begins. Some want more detail and more gets revealed. So far, they're all intrigued and love the fact that I'm more sexually experienced than them but they don't wish to step into this world. Being into swinging isn't a deal breaker for me.

By *ammo89 OP   Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"Why not date someone off fab then its a moot point..

And yes there are women on here who would "

I would definitely like to date someone from fab if the chance came up

By *awpleasureMan
over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

Best to tell them fairly early on. Otherwise you could be wasting theirs a your time

over a year ago

If i was to return to vanilla dating, id leave the site, so nothing to tell as id be monogamous

over a year ago

Depends if I want to try and get them In to the life style then I would

If not then probably not tell them at all probably just put it all behind me

What people did before they meet each other or got with each other

Is none off my bisnse

not like I going to ask them about ever one night stand they had or that time they were clubbing and go took home by a group off guys or anything

So same applies back to me

By *riel13Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

I am honest from the off, although I am only looking for something casual anyway but I don't see the point of waiting to tell anyone

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I say something like you have to be OK sharing me to start the conversation. But wait and see if it goes beyond a couple of dates. If you become friends it would be weird not to tell them. Definitely don't have sex without telling them. From experience the majority won’t want to have sex if you’re openly poly.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Just send them a whatsapp link to your profile and see what they say

over a year ago

"I say something like you have to be OK sharing me to start the conversation. But wait and see if it goes beyond a couple of dates. If you become friends it would be weird not to tell them.

**Definitely don't have sex without telling them. From experience the majority won’t want to have sex if you’re openly poly.**"

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"I am honest from the off, although I am only looking for something casual anyway but I don't see the point of waiting to tell anyone "

This is what I'd do. Besides, I'm only active of the forums anyway.

By *ammo89 OP   Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"I am honest from the off, although I am only looking for something casual anyway but I don't see the point of waiting to tell anyone

This is what I'd do. Besides, I'm only active of the forums anyway."

Yeah this is the approach I was most leaning towards.

My instinct would to tell them either before a first date, or after the first date. Definitely before sex as well

Post new Message to Thread