Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

right or wrong ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

i sent what i thought was a funny and tongue in cheek reply to a subject on the lounge last nite, got a nasty reply from one young guy, i so wanted to have it out with him, but thought it better to let admin deal with it, was i right or wrong to report him ? can fight my own battles but he might have reportd me if ide sent my reply ? pmsl

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you felt you were right to report him at the time, why ask us to validate your decision 24 hours later ?

The report button is there for a reason

Use it at your discretion, not at anyone elses.

over a year ago

bloody hell i get loads of messages from people i upset on here, its a weekly accurance for me lol

you'll get used to it

i dont report them i just play with them for a bit then stop when i get bored

over a year ago

Leave the internet warriors get on with it....

Report, block, move on....

over a year ago

"bloody hell i get loads of messages from people i upset on here, its a weekly accurance for me lol

you'll get used to it

i dont report them i just play with them for a bit then stop when i get bored "

Some of us like to be played with....

Mmuuuahahahaaaa...!!!

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Keyboard warriors....no point reporting or making a big deal about it

over a year ago

"Keyboard warriors....no point reporting or making a big deal about it"

Never hurts to report.....Might stop the fuckwits from messaging someone who doesaactually give a flying fuck....

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

"Keyboard warriors....no point reporting or making a big deal about it

Never hurts to report.....Might stop the fuckwits from messaging someone who doesaactually give a flying fuck...."

over a year ago

"bloody hell i get loads of messages from people i upset on here, its a weekly accurance for me lol

you'll get used to it

ooh you tease lol

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

i can stand up for myself, just didnt want to get embroiled in some tit for tat slagging match with him, thats why i reported him, but as a guy i feel that was a cop out

over a year ago

you'll get used to it

I don't get abusive messages as such, I've had people type the odd sarky comments to me. I quite like them, brings me a bit of amusement at times.

That's how you have to treat it on here. I've never once sent a private message complaining about what was said on the forum, I prefer to comment on it publicly

over a year ago

i don't put up with abuse in real life so i wouldn't on here. i report but then i have message fliters on so quite a few can't message x

over a year ago

I usually block peeps whose posts I do not like before they have the chance to snipe at me cowardly via PMs.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"i sent what i thought was a funny and tongue in cheek reply to a subject on the lounge last nite, got a nasty reply from one young guy, i so wanted to have it out with him, but thought it better to let admin deal with it, was i right or wrong to report him ? can fight my own battles but he might have reportd me if ide sent my reply ? pmsl "

If someone breaks the forum rules then you can report it if you want to.

Someone saying something you disagree with is not necessarily breaking the rules.

Can't comment without seeing the thread and I don't want to see the thread thanks.

For what it's worth you do men a disservice by saying they have to argue or have a punch up like rutting stags to save face. Some men have intelligence, wit and presence of mind on their side.

What were you going to do ? Slap him with capitals ?

Some will have a public tit for tat but there are a few here who profess to be upfront however they generally use shrouded comments and fail to reach their intended target. Now that's even more pathetic than public slanging.

over a year ago

"I usually block peeps whose posts I do not like before they have the chance to snipe at me cowardly via PMs. "

Every poster will now check if they've been blocked

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

"I usually block peeps whose posts I do not like before they have the chance to snipe at me cowardly via PMs. "

I'd be forever blocking people and have no time to use the rest of the site if I took that approach.

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Seriously... who gets bothered over a message or a block..... mespecially when it's someone you never wanted to know in the first place?

over a year ago

Precisely!

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

"Seriously... who gets bothered over a message or a block..... mespecially when it's someone you never wanted to know in the first place?"

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

the moment you start to worry who has blocked, why they don't answer, who posts on your threads and who doesn't....... take a huge step back and reconsider what is truly important in your life.

Hopefully you wil see how very unimportant this all is, if you don't..... you are probably doomed to an existence of living your life for others enjoyment, rather than yours.

over a year ago

"the moment you start to worry who has blocked, why they don't answer, who posts on your threads and who doesn't....... take a huge step back and reconsider what is truly important in your life.

Hopefully you wil see how very unimportant this all is, if you don't..... you are probably doomed to an existence of living your life for others enjoyment, rather than yours."

over a year ago

"i sent what i thought was a funny and tongue in cheek reply to a subject on the lounge last nite, got a nasty reply from one young guy, i so wanted to have it out with him, but thought it better to let admin deal with it, was i right or wrong to report him ? can fight my own battles but he might have reportd me if ide sent my reply ? pmsl "

Grass!

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"

Grass! "

*sniggers*

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I have more things to worry about than who has blocked me on this thing we call the cyber world.. Now I would bet worried if my family blocked me from contacting them...

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

"I have more things to worry about than who has blocked me on this thing we call the cyber world.. Now I would bet worried if my family blocked me from contacting them...

"

Very well said.

I care a great deal about my family and "real life" friends, but I don't lose any sleep about what people on here think about me, what they've done or what they may potentially do.

Life's too short so I concentrate on the important stuff.

Post new Message to Thread