FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Women and couples - How do you keep up with your inboxes?

Jump to newest

By *ammo89 OP   Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

I've heard some eye-watering numbers in terms of sitting messages, and can't even imagine where you would start with so many

Do you look for something that stands out while scrolling through, or do you try to read them all? Seems like it would take so long to read through that many, while more are still stacking up as you go?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Filters is the simple answer.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Mine is on zero at the moment.

I'm in control of how many I have unread at a time.

over a year ago

Block single guys, voilà! Honestly, we don't get that many messages that's it unmanageable so really not an issue for us.

over a year ago

I just check the profiles before reading. Most are deleted straight away. They don't meet what I want and have either not read my profile or decided that it doesn't apply to them

over a year ago

I check the profiles then delete or block

By *eisty LadyWoman
over a year ago

Count Your Blessings Cottage, Gratitude Grove

Strict filters and block block block

A clear profile that says what kind of messages I’ll accept

No point opening messages from people who live miles away, out of my preferred age range, smokers or who simply aren’t what I’m looking for

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I just check the profiles before reading. Most are deleted straight away. They don't meet what I want and have either not read my profile or decided that it doesn't apply to them "

Same approach here

By *ammo89 OP   Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

Filtering, blocking and deleting seems to be the most common ones so far

Fair enough

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

We have men blocked so it’s easy ..

over a year ago

Unless a message pops out to me while I skim through them I just ignore

over a year ago

"I just check the profiles before reading. Most are deleted straight away. They don't meet what I want and have either not read my profile or decided that it doesn't apply to them

Same approach here"

This too on my female profile. Don't get many from our couples profile. Sin xo

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Filters block everyone

over a year ago

I don’t!

By *sandyou69Couple
over a year ago

bath

Awwwww

By *sandyou69Couple
over a year ago

bath

We try to reply to most

By *eisty LadyWoman
over a year ago

Count Your Blessings Cottage, Gratitude Grove

"I just check the profiles before reading. Most are deleted straight away. They don't meet what I want and have either not read my profile or decided that it doesn't apply to them "

Me too

It tends to be obvious who doesn’t match what I’m looking for yet messages anyway - a sure sign they couldn’t be arsed to read a profile before messaging first

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

Rarely get messages. Even if men weren't filtered, it would be well manageable with filters .

Same goes for when my single's profile was visible. I was never inundated

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Before I blocked all categories completely I would mostly just skim through. Any with no profile picture or that just said hi got deleted and I would try to spot any interesting ones from the message preview. Sometimes I would just get fed up though and deleted them all. When that became a regular thing, that's when I changed my message filters to just block everyone.

By *ot-AshMan
over a year ago

London

I hire a secretary to reply to mine as I can't keep up with all the msgs.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I get about 5 to 10 messages a day. So it's not hard to reply.

When I am active I get a few more but mostly it's manageable

over a year ago

I dont use filters so I get about zero to nowt a day,but I manage...just

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Filters

Blocking when necessary

Screening - kinda like screening on phone easy enough to see which messages are of the one word, faf or similarly uninteresting variety and they’re instantly deleted

Stealth mode - check profiles before reading messages. Very rare I’ll bother reading message if the profile doesn’t appeal to me.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

* tight filters. Friends contact me via whattsapp.

* Any messages I do get, I check out their profile before I decide to reply.

I rarely get more than 15 messages a day so it's easy to keep on top.

By *echnosonic_BrummieMan
over a year ago

Willenhall

"

Same goes for when my single's profile was visible. I was never inundated "

I'm always inundated.

Sorry. I meant I'm in, undated.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Tight filters so I don't get many messages I don't see the point of getting a load of messages off people I am not interested in interacting with.

When I do get one I look at the profile before I even open a message if I'm not interested in the profile or if they cheated to get through my filters it usually gets deleted.

In saying that I probably answer the majority of the messages I get even if it's just to say no thanks. But then due to filters I only get a handful a week which is the way I like it.

over a year ago

Imagine how this site would work if we didn’t send each other DMs. The male ratio on here is unbalanced, so the inboxes of a few (and it is a few ) is just going to be that way. They’ll get over it!

By *achelnMarkCouple
over a year ago

Mid Wiltshire

Click profile

If no decent pics, or profile doesn't match what we are after, or if profile text is shite then delete/block without reading message.

Harsh, but if they read our profile before emailing they'd only email if they matched!

Not reading and just deleting/blocking gets rid of the liars "I know my profile says X but I'm really Y".

In the real world we are polite, but sadly fab politeness on rejection replies does not work - people see it as an "in" to continue the conversation which is a waste of time for everyone.

So delete & block is the simplest way and saves everyone time.

over a year ago

I have my filters open at the moment. I’ve had some interesting messages, and conversations I wouldn’t have had otherwise.

I tend to skim/ninja check profiles as much as I can, but some of them will get missed/ignored.

I leave them for a while, then I bulk delete because they are annoying me, then I feel guilty.

Some of the messages are just dire, from the haven’t read the profile, to couldn’t be arsed to read the profile, crude, crass or plain boring/unimaginative.

By *iss KinkWoman
over a year ago

North/Blackpool

Filters

By *scouple07Couple
over a year ago

louth, Ireland

Ours doesn't get that busy so it's not that difficult, we do answer most messages back even if it's a polite no thanks

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

The Attic - Derby.

Very reg check in's, read and ignore, or read, block and deleate. If they bothered to read profile. They'll see only to message when we have a meet or statuts up.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

I currently have 1393 unread! Can't read them all and yes look out for interesting first few words then decide weather to open them! Once opened I allways reply so think carefully b 4 opening x

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

Quick check if they have read our profile.

If not its a delete, about 80% deleted.

If its a hi or how's things, it's a delete and block.

Works a treat for us. The people we meet then tend to be on our wavelength, especially single guys.

This week only 1 guy received a reply, rest deleted, didn't read our profile as probably trawling and sending 1 line messages to lots of couples.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

We block men

LvM

By *elloWoman
over a year ago

alpha centauri

I've currently got 35 unread messages, I have to be in the mood to open the often odd, sometimes rude messages especially if they contain a dick pic, it really isn't the most attractive piece of the human body and not what I want to see whilst eating my cornflakes

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

We're not swamped with messages - we're on most days and just delete anything that isn't for us. I know some people have heaps of messages but honestly I don't think most couples are totally overloaded in the way that forum lore suggests.

Mrs TMN x

over a year ago

We also have men blocked (sorry guys), and we barely get anything, maybe 2 a week. The ones we do get never seem to have read our profile anyway and are looking for private meets.

We do like getting messages though, hint hint

over a year ago

I get maybe 5 messages a day which start with "I know I'm not what you're looking for but...."

And if I do get one from someone that matches my tastes they are uually from someone 100+ miles away

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

We're not inundated, but we do look at the previews so we can delete messages that just say "hi hru?" or other similarly vacuous messages without even opening them.

By *E1_4funCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle

Zero on ours . But set up to only get messages from couples

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Strict filters mean less inbox admin and leaves me more time to search for who I want

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Filters. Look for people I recognize/I've interacted with before when I've got the headspace to reply.

I need to start going through it and cleaning it out/replying to some very sweet and thoughtful messages before they start deleting magically.

By *alt VinegarCouple
over a year ago

Nowhere

We get so few messages I wonder why we’re doing wrong! We’re still new here and as yet haven’t met anyone- so maybe that’s a factor. Maybe one of our settings is wrong and makes us less viewable. I don’t know. Maybe people just don’t fancy us?!!!

over a year ago

Will admit sometimes I just bulk delete after replying to those I like

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We deal with them throughout the day so couldn’t say for certain how many we get…maybe 30 - 50 depending on if we’ve posted a pic.

A lot can just be deleted as they a one word or we can see a cock pic as a profile pic.

The others we respond with polite replies and we will engage with intriguing messages/profiles.

If we’ve not posted anything then our messages can be less than 5…

We take people on to Telegram once we’ve established a connection so we don’t get a lot of message tennis.

K

Post new Message to Thread