Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Just say NO!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Actually it's bloody hard to just say NO sometimes!

I work for a number of different companies all doing roughly the same job in retail and I'm always inundated with requests to carry out extra work. Hi can you cover because so and so is off sick, can you cover because so and so is on holiday, can you train a new starter as we don't have a trainer at the mo, please can you cover another umpteen stores today for a client etc. and I always say yes and end up running myself ragged.

Next Monday I had no work planned in and was sooo looking forward to the day off, a lay in, Christmas shopping, lunch with friends, fun maybe?

Sure enough, yesterday I get the call.....can you just do some quick training for us on Monday, at a store, 25 miles away!! I really really didn't want to say yes, so I said I would look at it and get back to them.....and get back to them I did, today and I had the bottle for once to say NO! and it feels sooooo good, three days off woohoo!

Do you ever find yourself keep saying yes when you really should be saying NO even if it's just once in a while?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

nope .. my time away from work is too important !

By *atinaBabeCouple
over a year ago

casa caliente

i always say no when i want speak out my mind hope u enjoy ur days off x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Professionally, I did this once.

The first time I said 'NO' I was told to make the decision between changing the no to a yes or not having a job.

His exact terminology was 'well if that's your position, I think I should re-evaluate your position with this company'

My terminology was 'and if that's your position, I shall re-evaluate it for you right now, stick the job up your arse'

At the time I was young and not financially bound by anything.

I feel for people who are put in positions by managers who feel they can't say no for fear of everything falling in around them.

over a year ago

"Professionally, I did this once.

The first time I said 'NO' I was told to make the decision between changing the no to a yes or not having a job.

His exact terminology was 'well if that's your position, I think I should re-evaluate your position with this company'

My terminology was 'and if that's your position, I shall re-evaluate it for you right now, stick the job up your arse'

I feel for people who are put in positions by managers who feel they can't say no for fear of everything falling in around them."

Always love your posts. I'm straight but you give me a little twitch with all your sage like advice lol. Keep up the good work amigo.

Owl

By *empnbunkCouple
over a year ago

south coast

Well since your always saying yes n not no ........

....can I shag ye

over a year ago

"

Always love your posts. I'm straight but you give me a little twitch with all your sage like advice lol. Keep up the good work amigo.

Owl"

thank you

and it's always good to know i'm making someone twitch - even if it is just nervously

over a year ago

Lol. In all seriousness you do give excellent advice with regards to swinging and a whole manner of subjects.

Owl (feathers slightly twitching nervously)

over a year ago

"Professionally, I did this once.

I feel for people who are put in positions by managers who feel they can't say no for fear of everything falling in around them."

I went through a similar situation when I was a manager! Not a nice position to be in, working for a number of different clients takes some of the pressure off. I just need to get a life and use the word NO a little more often

over a year ago

"Well since your always saying yes n not no ........

....can I shag ye "

lol

over a year ago

i am fortunate that i can walk away from most things with only myself being affected.

if i had children id be more responsible but as soon as i am faced with a situation in the workplace in not happy with i have it out or leave.

thankfully im my own boss and if i quit a contract then i can ring the office for another one somewhere else.

over a year ago

I am very good at saying no, and am only prepared to do what I am prepared to do in terms of overtime, which is unpaid until very recently.

over a year ago

When it comes to work and bosses pushing the boundaries. I always found the only thing they understand is money. That's why I set a price of £570 to work any part of Saturday and £830 for a Sunday. They didn't like it but would use me only if they were desperate.

As they were not contracted hours I had a right to charge a private rate.

Sounds like you may be in a position to do likewise get some legal advice it will be paid for pretty quickly.

over a year ago

The problem is I just can't say no to a pretty woman

Post new Message to Thread