Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Womens Euros

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I’m a massive football fan, and a huge female fan

Go to admit I’ve never really watched the womens game, but over this last week I’ve caught every game.

The women are stunning, but damn can they play the game. Thoroughly entertaining. Anyone else enjoying it, had there’s eyes opened to just how good the female game is to watch?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

Yeah it’s not bad, and it’s so refreshing for the games not to be spoilt by play acting / diving / harassing the referee.

Think the nation will really get into it if England get into the knockouts.

I’m catching a few group games and have tickets to the final.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Meh cant watch it

over a year ago

"I’m a massive football fan, and a huge female fan

Go to admit I’ve never really watched the womens game, but over this last week I’ve caught every game.

The women are stunning, but damn can they play the game. Thoroughly entertaining. Anyone else enjoying it, had there’s eyes opened to just how good the female game is to watch?"

Have watched the lady’s football for years English team coming good at the moment not as many prima donners in the lady’s game they don’t roll about in a heap

over a year ago

In my opinion I don't think women should be on the pitch it's just no from me

over a year ago

"In my opinion I don't think women should be on the pitch it's just no from me "

Have to ask why?

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"In my opinion I don't think women should be on the pitch it's just no from me "

I hope this is sarcasm??

I forgot about the 8pm kickoff, will go and put it on now

over a year ago

England playing brilliantly!

over a year ago

"In my opinion I don't think women should be on the pitch it's just no from me

Have to ask why?"

I just think leave it to the men & I still have "old fashion values" in some things that's all

over a year ago

Anyone who says women shouldn’t be on the pitch should not be allowed on here..

Ffs

Surely we are all now beyond that!

Let’s just all enjoy!

over a year ago

Have to ask why? I just think leave it to the men & I still have "old fashion values" in some things that's all "

Old fashioned or just plain sexist?

over a year ago

North West

"Anyone who says women shouldn’t be on the pitch should not be allowed on here..

Ffs

Surely we are all now beyond that!

Let’s just all enjoy!"

^^^This. I wish I'd had the chance to play as a kid. Once I hit 11 and FA rules said no mixed teams, that was the end of my football career.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Let all girls enjoy playing football. They love their sport so cheer them on. Hope they do well. I won't be watching but good luck to those that do..

over a year ago

Funny take on my post, as genuinely the women are playing the game with a fabulous amount of skill, talent and professionalism.

Added bonus is they are beautiful. Guess that’s what some women get to enjoy about the man’s game

over a year ago

"Funny take on my post, as genuinely the women are playing the game with a fabulous amount of skill, talent and professionalism.

Added bonus is they are beautiful. Guess that’s what some women get to enjoy about the man’s game"

Lol yes as a lesbian I love watching women’s football. I used to play it myself but gave it up as I just couldn’t hack it but watching the euros is making me feel like I should get back into it. The women being beautiful is a great added bonus

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Funny take on my post, as genuinely the women are playing the game with a fabulous amount of skill, talent and professionalism.

Added bonus is they are beautiful. Guess that’s what some women get to enjoy about the man’s game"

That is so sexist.. watching because they are beautiful?

over a year ago

London

Have to ask why? I just think leave it to the men & I still have "old fashion values" in some things that's all "

Wow!!!!! Very weird view to have in 2022. Anyone should be allowed to play any sport (or do anything else) regardless of sex!

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

My mum was a footballer. Chosen to play at Country level. She’s also a qualified referee

J

over a year ago

England ladies have been Epic tonight

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

The Beth mead revenge tour is well and truely taking place!!!

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"England ladies have been Epic tonight "

On fire!!

J

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Added bonus is they are beautiful. Guess that’s what some women get to enjoy about the man’s game

That is so sexist.. watching because they are beautiful?"

He's right though. Some women (and men) only watch mens football cos they fancy the players. Why I'd it decide to do it the other way round? He said it was a bonus.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Do you work full time?

over a year ago

North West

Norway are better than this

over a year ago

Magically first half ladies!

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Less moaning at the ref or diving v mens game which is refreshing to see in football. Nice ladies pony-tails swishing around as well!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Very impressive performance so far, soft pen but that's part n parcel of the game ..

The skills by Beth Mead, excellent to watch..

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Norway are better than this "

The fact that Norway are ranked 8th in the world shows just how good this preformance has been…

It helps that Beth mead is playing like Messi!!!

By *heerFlirtMan
over a year ago

Quite near Bath usually

As a rugby fan who doesn’t enjoy men’s football at all, I have to say that watching England at the Euros has been amazing. Allez les Lionesses!

over a year ago

I'm waiting for Alex greenwood

over a year ago

"Less moaning at the ref or diving v mens game which is refreshing to see in football. Nice ladies pony-tails swishing around as well!"

Do women play at a certain time of month ? Imagine 22 menopausal women with studs on their feet

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Wish I could. I just tried to watch it tonight... Had to turn it off... So much smoke being blown up arses..

it's good to see it being praised just don't need to go quite so overboard. But seriously... Some of it is pub league standard. Its Good that it's growing... And love the way they just get on with it rather than all the play acting in the men's game.

Shame that it's not been pushed more... Just like the commonwealth games which seem to be flying under the radar too.

Not for me though. I'll try again though. It's a bit like opera... Wish I liked it... But don't.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Less moaning at the ref or diving v mens game which is refreshing to see in football. Nice ladies pony-tails swishing around as well!

Do women play at a certain time of month ? Imagine 22 menopausal women with studs on their feet "

Jesting aside... Love that advert with Jordan Henderson... Much more of that is needed.

over a year ago

North West

"Wish I could. I just tried to watch it tonight... Had to turn it off... So much smoke being blown up arses..

it's good to see it being praised just don't need to go quite so overboard. But seriously... Some of it is pub league standard. Its Good that it's growing... And love the way they just get on with it rather than all the play acting in the men's game.

Shame that it's not been pushed more... Just like the commonwealth games which seem to be flying under the radar too.

Not for me though. I'll try again though. It's a bit like opera... Wish I liked it... But don't.

"

England women's game only started a professional league in 2018. Compared to 1860-something for the men. It's an excellent standard, considering most of the women playing will have started their careers working another (often FT) job around their football.

over a year ago

"Wish I could. I just tried to watch it tonight... Had to turn it off... So much smoke being blown up arses..

"

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

England women's game only started a professional league in 2018. Compared to 1860-something for the men. It's an excellent standard, considering most of the women playing will have started their careers working another (often FT) job around their football.

"

Why not have mixed teams based on merit.. rugby and football and cricket ?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Great result for England… means they win the group… which means they can change all 11 for the Northern Ireland game on Friday night!

Also means they will get the Germany vs Spain loser in the quarterfinals… save the Germans for the final!!

over a year ago

London

Great performance from the Lionesses!

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

They were unstoppable tonight, well played

over a year ago

London

"They were unstoppable tonight, well played "

They really were!

By *erekpMan
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"I’m a massive football fan, and a huge female fan

The women are stunning, but damn can they play the game. Thoroughly entertaining. Anyone else enjoying it, had there’s eyes opened to just how good the female game is to watch?"

I am huge fan of women's football I am season ticket holder for Durham women fc I been following them for 5 years.

Glad your enjoying the euros

By *erekpMan
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"

in 2011 wsl womens super league cane qbout then some years after like you said the wsl went full time

Post new Message to Thread