Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Verification names....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A lot of couples/singles use alternative names on the site so as to keep there anonymity.

We're upfront about our names, and they do begin with S and C, but like our names in verifications to be as they are on our profile...

My question is, when being verified, if someone was to use your real name in the verification, would you display said verification, or not?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I personally do display them, because I don’t mind people knowing my name.

But if did mind it then I wouldn’t display it…

over a year ago

"I personally do display them, because I don’t mind people knowing my name.

"

Perfect answer

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

No, I would not publish it. We use initials and don't want our real names on display

over a year ago

No I won't display our names. Happy to chat, get to know people and tell them but I don't want just anyone knowing. Personal safety and I've seen school dad's on here, giving out our name is confirmation to them on who we are

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Yes happy for my real name to b on verri or anywhere I'm jacky x

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Our initials are real and I use our real names in a message. I don’t display the veris anyway so if wouldn’t matter

over a year ago

I wouldn’t display my real name.

But you can do what you like, there’s no rule about it.

over a year ago

We hide our names but our names are specified in some veris. I kinda like it, he’s not so sure x

over a year ago

Hi my name is tom and im addicted to fab....

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Hi my name is tom and im addicted to fab...."

Hi Tom, welcome to the group, pull up a chair

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

My name is fairly unique, I've never met another, for that reason I shorten it to Cal.

Anita IS Anita.

Cal

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Most people I've met just know me as Bo. Only a few know my real name. And that was after we met regularly for a while. I find it easier to just stick with Bo on here and meeting off here.

By *JstarsoloWoman
over a year ago

Wombwell, Barnsley

I don't tell people off fab my real name. I go by JJ and that's the way it stays unless they become a real friend.

over a year ago

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, it's my name after all. I do understand why some require that extra privacy though

over a year ago

I personally wouldn’t show it if it had my real name mentioned

over a year ago

Feeling shitty real name on profile

By *he Artful TodgerMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire but travel

"A lot of couples/singles use alternative names on the site so as to keep there anonymity.

We're upfront about our names, and they do begin with S and C, but like our names in verifications to be as they are on our profile...

My question is, when being verified, if someone was to use your real name in the verification, would you display said verification, or not?

"

I’ll display, my name isn’t nothing too personal and ultimately if someone recognised me they’re here for the same reasons I am, in fact as time goes on I’m becoming less fussed about my anonymity

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"A lot of couples/singles use alternative names on the site so as to keep there anonymity.

"

If anyone used our real names we wouldn't show the verification.

We never use people's real names when we write verifications.

Winston

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I’ll display, my name isn’t nothing too personal and ultimately if someone recognised me they’re here for the same reasons I am, in fact as time goes on I’m becoming less fussed about my anonymity "

That's fine til it goes tits up.

When I first joined as a single in 2008 I used my real name, age and location. After an issue at a club I was working at (involving someone being ejected) they did some snooping, found out who I worked for and tried to out me to my employers. Fortunately my profile was discreet enough that I couldn't be identified purely by that and it was only because I'd maintained the level of plausible dwniability that I had, that I managed to convince my boss it wasn't me. Many jobs have reputations disrepute clauses I their contracts and yes, you can be sacked just for being a swinger!

So if people are happy to use real names, show faces and be out and proud then that's great.

But you also need to understand that sadly there are arseholes in the world who like to stir shit, cause trouble, spread rumours and fuck people's lives around. So if people choose and/or need to keep a distance between their normal life and their fab life then that should be understood and respected.

A

over a year ago

I’ll display, my name isn’t nothing too personal and ultimately if someone recognised me they’re here for the same reasons I am, in fact as time goes on I’m becoming less fussed about my anonymity

When I first joined as a single in 2008 I used my real name, age and location. After an issue at a club I was working at (involving someone being ejected) they did some snooping, found out who I worked for and tried to out me to my employers. Fortunately my profile was discreet enough that I couldn't be identified purely by that and it was only because I'd maintained the level of plausible dwniability that I had, that I managed to convince my boss it wasn't me. Many jobs have reputations disrepute clauses I their contracts and yes, you can be sacked just for being a swinger!

So if people are happy to use real names, show faces and be out and proud then that's great.

But you also need to understand that sadly there are arseholes in the world who like to stir shit, cause trouble, spread rumours and fuck people's lives around. So if people choose and/or need to keep a distance between their normal life and their fab life then that should be understood and respected.

A"

I'm wary of people who have public face pics and use their real names. They likely don't understand or respect other people's need for privacy.

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"

Sorry TM, that made me laugh a little. I love your non combative personality

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

No I wouldn't. To be honest, most people call me Meli, even when they know my real name so it would be a very rare person I've yet to come across who would.

I do admittedly have a voice video on but I'd rather not have my name on a veri. I generally don't like fab folk using my real name unless we have that kind of relation/friendship.

By *he Artful TodgerMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire but travel

A

I'm wary of people who have public face pics and use their real names. They likely don't understand or respect other people's need for privacy. "

That’s a really good point, whatever we might wish for our own privacy respecting others should be a given

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I wouldn't no

over a year ago

Don't be using my real name unless we're taking business. Who hiring?

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I wouldn’t I think it’s a bit disrespectful and lamppost pissing.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

My fab social friends only know me by my given (fabreal) name anyway so I wouldn't mind

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I wouldn't, but I would tell them first not to use it in a veri. I would never put someone else's real name either.

over a year ago

Sorry TM, that made me laugh a little. I love your non combative personality "

By *urora1912Woman
over a year ago

Norfolk East anglia

Most don't get told my real name anyways

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

"

I'd not display, we didn't on our old profile as I don't want every Tom dick and Harry knowing my name, unfortunately we've had poor experience with a woman trying to track us down following a polite no thank you, so for us names are a no.

Mrs

By *carlet_woman_xxWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

I tell most my name when we've chatted

Post new Message to Thread