Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Adding a comment section to pictures/videos

Jump to newest

By *agicM53X OP   Man
over a year ago

Orpington

...is this something you would like as an addition to fab?

The reason why I am asking is because lately I have received many messages mentioning my pictures and videos... but I also know many people are hesitant in sending a message just to compliment the profile or content of the profile (because they have no desire of meeting, and they think the person in question will take it the wrong way).

Would having a comment section where you can express your appreciation through words be something that would make you feel more comfortable in saying something as simple as "hey, awsome picture "...or do you think it wouldn't change much?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No, I think there’s high chance of that function being used to abuse.

I guess the ‘fab’ button says I like a pic.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Only if it was optional.

By *ememberTheNameMan
over a year ago

barnsley

"No, I think there’s high chance of that function being used to abuse.

I guess the ‘fab’ button says I like a pic. "

I think the only reason it would get used is to abuse

If your inbox is open I’m sure they don’t feel to uncomfortable to tell you privately

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

I'd find it pretty pointless

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

If they won’t fab or message why would they leave a comment?

Most ladies photos comments would be grim

By *BWandhusbandCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

No, the abuse would be off the scale.

over a year ago

The abuse as loads have mentioned but there would also be a lot of creepy comments.

over a year ago

Theres enough ways to abuse people already

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

Nope. That's what the fab function is for, isn't it?

By *agicM53X OP   Man
over a year ago

Orpington

"Nope. That's what the fab function is for, isn't it? "

Fair point

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

"Nope. That's what the fab function is for, isn't it?

Fair point "

x

over a year ago

It would be horrendous having a comment box in my opinion.

If people like a photo they fab it…

over a year ago

Goodness no. There’s some that like to spread joy and others…not so much.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Nope, people feel the need to send messages saying horrible things about my body. Think it would make it easier for those inclined for messages to do so.

By *agicM53X OP   Man
over a year ago

Orpington

"Nope, people feel the need to send messages saying horrible things about my body. Think it would make it easier for those inclined for messages to do so. "

What if people had the option to open /close their comments section?

over a year ago

In a perfect world, yes.

The way fab is used it far from a perfect world.

It would be open to abuse.

The forum will be filled with threads on why only men comment on men's pictures, and questions in whether or not women leave comments.

Many women wouldn't comment because that would seemingly open up to messages, the same reason some don't message about their appreciation of a picture.

However, being able to leave a comment on our own pictures and videos as we upload would be great.

A little description perhaps of the moment.

over a year ago

No it's bad enough getting stupid, vile or ignorant messages.

Having this feature would be opening up a can of worms, fabbing pics is enough.

It's a feature that could go so wrong if it was introduced.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"Nope, people feel the need to send messages saying horrible things about my body. Think it would make it easier for those inclined for messages to do so.

What if people had the option to open /close their comments section?"

To me it would be another way of getting around people's filters. To be honest if I come across an amazing photo or profile and I can message I will and if I can't I'll fab. It then gives the profile owner the option to send a message.

over a year ago

"The abuse as loads have mentioned but there would also be a lot of creepy comments.

"

Imagine all the Mmmmmmm’s

over a year ago

"The abuse as loads have mentioned but there would also be a lot of creepy comments.

Imagine all the Mmmmmmm’s "

You had to go there, didn’t you?

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I can live without it. I wouldn't mind it but I fear it would lead to a torrent of cock videos.

By *agicM53X OP   Man
over a year ago

Orpington

"I can live without it. I wouldn't mind it but I fear it would lead to a torrent of cock videos. "

In what sense?

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

God no.

Similarly I hope there's never a 'like' button for comments on forum threads.

This isn't social media. It's not a popularity contest. It's bad enough as it is that many have an obsession with seeking 'fabs' on their photos and videos let alone the potential for fawning, gushing, arse lacking comments being posted left right and centre in the hope that a few kind words might get someone's dick nosed or back doors smashed in.

If people want to message compliments in private that's up to them and perfectly fine.

But I certainly don't see the benefit to the site in adding such a facility. It's a contact site to enable people to meet. Not have their egos stroked via photos. There's no end of social media sites built just for that very purpose. And before anyone says 'but you ant post your bits on most of them'......absolute bollocks. Twitter is the main marketing tool for rhe majority of adult content creators and they'll let you post more sexual activities on there than you can on here.

A

By *agicM53X OP   Man
over a year ago

Orpington

"God no.

This isn't social media. It's not a popularity contest. It's bad enough as it is that many have an obsession with seeking 'fabs' on their photos and videos let alone the potential for fawning, gushing, arse lacking comments being posted left right and centre in the hope that a few kind words might get someone's dick nosed or back doors smashed in.

If people want to message compliments in private that's up to them and perfectly fine.

But I certainly don't see the benefit to the site in adding such a facility. It's a contact site to enable people to meet. Not have their egos stroked via photos. There's no end of social media sites built just for that very purpose. And before anyone says 'but you ant post your bits on most of them'......absolute bollocks. Twitter is the main marketing tool for rhe majority of adult content creators and they'll let you post more sexual activities on there than you can on here.

A"

I thought this website is whatever you make out of it...I for example don't want to meet (ATM). There's nothing wrong with the need of being wanted or desired, and for some people that helps them with low self esteem. Not sure what you mean with "it's not a popularity contest "...given the fact that the HOT PHOTOS section exists ( as that is basically the popularity contest of fab).

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"God no.

A

I thought this website is whatever you make out of it...I for example don't want to meet (ATM). There's nothing wrong with the need of being wanted or desired, and for some people that helps them with low self esteem. Not sure what you mean with "it's not a popularity contest "...given the fact that the HOT PHOTOS section exists ( as that is basically the popularity contest of fab). "

Yep. A feature I've never been a fan of.

The site worked perfectly well before that was added and I don't feel its benefited in any way since.

And I've always felt that the worst possible place for anyone with low self esteem is a website where you open yourself up to criticism and potential abuse via visual imagery - which is the likelihood with your suggestion and commonplace on each and every social media site in existence.

Sure - it may make those who fit people's ideals of a 'picture perfect' body feel better but that is the minority. What about those who'd get abuse, offensive remarks and ridicule? Or no comments at all? How would that help their self esteem?

A

By *agicM53X OP   Man
over a year ago

Orpington

"God no.

A

I thought this website is whatever you make out of it...I for example don't want to meet (ATM). There's nothing wrong with the need of being wanted or desired, and for some people that helps them with low self esteem. Not sure what you mean with "it's not a popularity contest "...given the fact that the HOT PHOTOS section exists ( as that is basically the popularity contest of fab).

Yep. A feature I've never been a fan of.

The site worked perfectly well before that was added and I don't feel its benefited in any way since.

And I've always felt that the worst possible place for anyone with low self esteem is a website where you open yourself up to criticism and potential abuse via visual imagery - which is the likelihood with your suggestion and commonplace on each and every social media site in existence.

Sure - it may make those who fit people's ideals of a 'picture perfect' body feel better but that is the minority. What about those who'd get abuse, offensive remarks and ridicule? Or no comments at all? How would that help their self esteem?

A"

It probably wouldn't...but that is when each individual makes a conscious decision on how they wish to use the site (so that it can benefit them) ...just like people do now. And like others suggested above, individuals should also be able to choose if they want their comment section opened or not (similar to how they do with messages).

I understand what you are saying, and I get your point, and we can talk about everything that is wrong about this site... but ultimately the people that don't get the satisfaction they want from the website, should not be on the website, regardless if there is or isn't a comment section for pics/ videos .

Post new Message to Thread