Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

why is life so shit?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just been layed off from work with instant effect. Every time I get close to been some where for two years I get the boot life is Wank

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sorry to hear that. In the last 6 months my mum has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and I got diagnosed with MS.

But remember however shit things are for you there is ALWAYS somebody worse off.

Having fantastic family and friends has helped me and things are slowly starting to turn around.

Try and keep positive.

Owl

over a year ago

Really sorry to hear that.

Nice to no you got your fmsily and friends tho I don't have that tho

over a year ago

Take the weekend out to sulk and gather your thoughts and then get yourself back out there at the start of the new week.

Do your sums, make financial plans for both the best and the worst scenario's(just in case) NOW, not later !

Above all else, don't get bitter, get positive !

It's a much better look and more likely to see you back into employment.

I know it's easier said than done, but Go get 'em !

over a year ago

That`s capitalism for you the workers are expendable.

Hope you find something soon

over a year ago

Cheers guys

But I am a negative person. But will be taking weekend off to relax bust good cab find some where quite quick but way things are who knows.

Just feels like eveytime I steady to settle at a job a get the boot

over a year ago

"

Just feels like eveytime I steady to settle at a job a get the boot "

Is there a common reason for this ?

I assume that your ex-employers are providing you with reasons ?

over a year ago

Just have to see it as there loss and (soon I hope) another employers gain.

Chin up

By *atinaBabeCouple
over a year ago

casa caliente

"Sorry to hear that. In the last 6 months my mum has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and I got diagnosed with MS.

But remember however shit things are for you there is ALWAYS somebody worse off.

Having fantastic family and friends has helped me and things are slowly starting to turn around.

Try and keep positive.

Owl"

over a year ago

No reasons was working for a very big company but though a in house agency the numbers had Droped so they give most agency people the boot over 130 of us.

Why I been there been in best behavior never late etc Did as they asked all the time.

over a year ago

Oportunity comes in many guises.

Its only a problem if you make it a problem.

As said above, keep positive and take time out to ponder what, where, how you can make it work for you.

We all get dealt a bad hand at times, its how you play it that determines who you are.

Good luck all.

over a year ago

"No reasons was working for a very big company but though a in house agency the numbers had Droped so they give most agency people the boot over 130 of us.

Why I been there been in best behavior never late etc Did as they asked all the time. "

Sadly agency staff will always go first before perm staff.

Despite the AWR Legislation brought in last year to protect agency staff and secure them the same terms as a businesses perm staff, most businesses don't want to know and force agencies down the line of taking ownership of the staff.

over a year ago

"

Just been layed off from work with instant effect. Every time I get close to been some where for two years I get the boot life is Wank "

Don't know what you do for work, and I know it won't help you now but get a LGV licence to take you in a different direction ,your only young ! The more you know and the more you can do will open more doors for you.

Good luck hope things get better for you , keep positive

over a year ago

Some permo have gone but sadly that's the crap part of been agency

over a year ago

Know how you feel, i feel like lifes personal punch bag

By *ub bbwWoman
over a year ago

oldbury

life is only shit if you let it be yes being out of work sucks and the financial burden is hard but you have your health and friends even if you dont have family.

I have been out of work for a short while and its tough but you just have to keep plodding on. Read the thread on here about toughest times in peoples lives i cant remember what it was called it might put your life in perspective

By *ub bbwWoman
over a year ago

oldbury

"life is only shit if you let it be yes being out of work sucks and the financial burden is hard but you have your health and friends even if you dont have family.

I have been out of work for a short while and its tough but you just have to keep plodding on. Read the thread on here about toughest times in peoples lives i cant remember what it was called it might put your life in perspective"

whats your saddest day is the thread

over a year ago

Yours is an unfortunate situation that will no doubt be replicated for many young people over the next few year due to the nature of the national economy…

It's worth assessing what your looking for from employment… i.e are you simply looking for stability and financial security, or do you have an ideal vocation you’d ultimately like to pursue…

If your happy with stability and security it might be worth accepting you may need to retrain to gain the necessary qualification that would make you an ideal candidate for employment in jobs which are less affected by the up’s and down’s of the economy….

over a year ago

I dunno quite a few bad days probs when my dad left and not heard from him since

over a year ago

"Yours is an unfortunate situation that will no doubt be replicated for many young people over the next few year due to the nature of the national economy…

It's worth assessing what your looking for from employment… i.e are you simply looking for stability and financial security, or do you have an ideal vocation you’d ultimately like to pursue…

I want a career but dunno if could afford to re train

If your happy with stability and security it might be worth accepting you may need to retrain to gain the necessary qualification that would make you an ideal candidate for employment in jobs which are less affected by the up’s and down’s of the economy….

"

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

if its possible try not to drag up the bad things from the past as it will only make you feel down and this is a time that youu need to be positive..Certainly a time to talk to your partner and get closer as its much easier to deal with this if she is onboard and supportive

over a year ago

"Yours is an unfortunate situation that will no doubt be replicated for many young people over the next few year due to the nature of the national economy…

"

Unfortunately when no-one else will , you have to invest in yourself.....

This might sound like tough love but people who get on in life tend to focus their efforts on making things happen for themselves rather than come-up with reasons not to try….!.

over a year ago

"

Just been layed off from work with instant effect. Every time I get close to been some where for two years I get the boot life is Wank "

Sorry to read your plight and I hope you get sorted out soon.

Being out of work is shit and even worse this time of year

I am an employer and as one I'd say we have all had to make difficult decisions and making staff redundant is by far the toughest of them all

Good luck

over a year ago

Cheers guys your all helping cheer me up

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Although I am genuinely sorry for your predicament, I have been there myself, the best piece of advice I was given at the time was "get off your moping arse, and do something about it."

I'd been working for a well known brand for 12 years when I lost my job. To say I felt lost was an understatement. I moped, I screamed, I yelled at anyone that would listen. Then I started to re-train with the OU, took on a job that was half my wage, but it was better then feeling like a sponger, I have an inter_iew on Monday for a job I've only ever dreamed of doing, that is completely different to anything I've ever done in my life, and even if I don't get it. It shows I'm moving in the right direction.

So stop dragging up the past, deal with it, and learnt to be a little more positive.

over a year ago

Have you thought of changing professions?

I'm a telecoms engineer of 20 years standing but, like you, I was almost entirely employed by sub-contractors or agencies and when the project finished I had to find another one. I got fed up with that so last year I retrained to be an electrician and now I have my own business (it's still small but growing daily), I'm my own boss, I set my own wages and the hours I want to work.

Best thing I ever did and a bonus is that I now have professional qualifications for the first time in my life (my telecoms career was all based on experience with no formal qualifications or certs).

Go get 'em pal and I guarantee that you'll never look back again.

Wishy.

p.s. if you don't fancy electrics (which isn't as scary as people think), try plumbing or plastering as all the trades are in demand right now and the recession will be over soon if it isn't already and that always heralds the start of a building boom.

Good luck.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

wondering which of the building trades are the cheapest and have the shortest courses to qualify properly in and which offer the highest wages as a return and are the most in need ?

over a year ago

"Have you thought of changing professions?

I'm a telecoms engineer of 20 years standing but, like you, I was almost entirely employed by sub-contractors or agencies and when the project finished I had to find another one. I got fed up with that so last year I retrained to be an electrician and now I have my own business (it's still small but growing daily), I'm my own boss, I set my own wages and the hours I want to work.

Best thing I ever did and a bonus is that I now have professional qualifications for the first time in my life (my telecoms career was all based on experience with no formal qualifications or certs).

Go get 'em pal and I guarantee that you'll never look back again.

Wishy.

p.s. if you don't fancy electrics (which isn't as scary as people think), try plumbing or plastering as all the trades are in demand right now and the recession will be over soon if it isn't already and that always heralds the start of a building boom.

Good luck."

Great advice,,,,

You could also try seraching the internet for Recession-Proof careers and then research the qualification path of any that take your interest....

over a year ago

I work in recruitment in a large supermarket chain. Retail used to have quite a bad reputation and our labour turnover stats used to sit at 40% last year it was 8%. Most definitely a sign of the times but also the investment that the supermarkets have put into training and opportunities for our colleagues.

Most of our managers and senior managers started off as part time shopfloor assistants whilst they were still at school, or christmas temps or on checkouts whilst their kids were young. We offer in house training including city and guilds modules and this year for the first year we are sponsoring folks to do a uni degree in retail management.

In the current economic climate only one thing is sure - people still need to eat! When was the last time you heard of Tesco, Asda or Morrisons laying off staff or closing stores?

Of course this kind of job isn't for everyone but sometimes changing careers and maybe taking a lower paid job in the interim can lead to something more in the long run.

You only get out what you put in

Good luck and keep your chin up

L xx

By *ercedes62Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

Why not have a quick look around and see if there are any seasonal jobs at least that would take you into the New Year.

Good luck hope you find something soon.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"Why not have a quick look around and see if there are any seasonal jobs at least that would take you into the New Year.

Good luck hope you find something soon."

have you got a red cloak a white beard and a crb check, ive heard of a job that might be coming up

over a year ago

"wondering which of the building trades are the cheapest and have the shortest courses to qualify properly in and which offer the highest wages as a return and are the most in need ?"

Oh-come-on Sam…. Surely your not giving up on your dream of becoming an itinerant flower arranger and sequin setter are you?…

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"wondering which of the building trades are the cheapest and have the shortest courses to qualify properly in and which offer the highest wages as a return and are the most in need ?

Oh-come-on Sam…. Surely your not giving up on your dream of becoming an itinerant flower arranger and sequin setter are you?… "

Shhhhhhhhh you said you wouldnt tell !

with the influx of bulgarians on the way i was going to train up a few, keep them in my cellar and make a million

over a year ago

"wondering which of the building trades are the cheapest and have the shortest courses to qualify properly in and which offer the highest wages as a return and are the most in need ?"

They tend to go hand in glove with each other in terms of major renovations and/or building projects but for household services plumbing and electrics are in continual demand (and gas but I've found people will ring their distributor with a gas problem). I've also realised that folk aren't as skint as the press would have us believe as all the houses I've visited to repair faulty electrics I've presented my bill at the end and the owners haven't baulked at all. When something's broke it has to be fixed as a leaky water pipe can damage your floor/walls/ceiling and dodgy electrics can kill, and people recognise this.

over a year ago

Unfortunately when no-one else will , you have to invest in yourself.....

This might sound like tough love but people who get on in life tend to focus their efforts on making things happen for themselves rather than come-up with reasons not to try….!.

"

Very true.

I went self.employed many years ago and also put myself through different courses and undertook all kinds of work.

If I can do it, anyone can if they apply themselves.

I'm now working in a brilliant place, doing a job I never dreamt of doing.

Give youself time, give yourself confidence and give yourself the credit you deserve.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

IF you are unemployed a lot of places offer subsidised training.

Enquire about things, don't just sit on your butt moaning your lot in life.

I work 48 hours a week, study for about 15 hours, and do voluntary work. Life isn't going to hand it to you on a plate, you have to make an effort.

over a year ago

"IF you are unemployed a lot of places offer subsidised training.

Enquire about things, don't just sit on your butt moaning your lot in life.

I work 48 hours a week, study for about 15 hours, and do voluntary work. Life isn't going to hand it to you on a plate, you have to make an effort. "

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Cheers guys your all helping cheer me up "
It is tough when you lose your job - it can feel like a horrible rejection, especially when you say you worked hard and did your best. I would suggest what some have said, in the immediate future see if you can get some seasonal work to keep you out of mischief and some money coming in. At the same time and as you are very young, look at what imporvment you can make to your education/ qualifications in other words what would make you more marketable. Finally, look at getting CV really up-to-date and making some personal enquiries. Above all, try (and it can be tough) to look at what is already good in your life and there has got to be something, whether it s your health, some of your friends etc? Dont give up - and best of luck xx

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

good luck in securing another role, stay focused & positive.... & all the best

over a year ago

i was in the same boat as you mate.

i lost my job christmas eve last year and they rung me on my mobile to tell me.

didnt have the guts to tell me to my face.

it got me so down and worried me so much that it ruined christmas i spent with my then girlfriend and her daughter.

and i regret that so much.

i got a job two months later and then after posting my c.v. online was contacted by another company and offered a much better job.

im working a hell of a lot of hours but im earning a lot of money and saving about £1500 a month after paying my rent,gas etc on a bad month.

you can turn it around. at the time i wasnt positive about my chances but now i am doing very well and working hard to stay there.

dont do what i did and got depressed about it because i lost the love of a fantastic woman and her family.

and no amount of money will bring them back or the happiness she gave me.

good luck.

over a year ago

Haven't had the best of luck myself with becoming ill, separating from my hubby, kids all being separated, loss of job and the sale of my house. Moving 4 times in 3 years hasn't helped.

But I took the time to get well and am now lucky enough to be employed in a job I love despite it paying half the wages of my previous job.

Theres no endings...only new beginnings

over a year ago

"Haven't had the best of luck myself with becoming ill, separating from my hubby, kids all being separated, loss of job and the sale of my house. Moving 4 times in 3 years hasn't helped.

But I took the time to get well and am now lucky enough to be employed in a job I love despite it paying half the wages of my previous job.

Theres no endings...only new beginnings "

but your bouncing back.thats the main thing.well done you.

over a year ago

Every thing happens for a reason.

My OH lost his job the other week, bad timing but it has opened up his time to try something new. I will teach him how to budget eventually

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

You think you've got problems! I've just read this thread n i'm all out of razor blades.....

over a year ago

"Haven't had the best of luck myself with becoming ill, separating from my hubby, kids all being separated, loss of job and the sale of my house. Moving 4 times in 3 years hasn't helped.

Theres no endings...only new beginnings

but your bouncing back.thats the main thing.well done you."

Thanks, change is never easy to deal with, but really can be a time of new opportunities

over a year ago

keep smiling something will come your way........ I am seeing solicitor on monday with the _iew to take my employer to court, have had hell from them for last 5 months, so looks like I will be looking for new job too..... try not to let it get you down better things will come!!!!!!!

over a year ago

"Just have to see it as there loss and (soon I hope) another employers gain.

Chin up "

Post new Message to Thread