Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is it just me?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My dog is like my little boy,part of the family. He used to sleep on my bed until I got with daz who said he had to sleep on the floor which I didn't mind as gave me more leg space

My question is... Am I the only one that tucks there dog in at night?

Cus daz said I'm a bloody weirdo but I see it as when I'm sleeping I like to be warm and comfy so why shouldn't he

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Dogs sleep where they wanna sleep

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If the dog likes it, it's fine, but they have no pores in their skin so when they get warm they can overheat and go a bit nuts. That's why they pant and hang their tongues out and drink lots of water

over a year ago

The dog loves it and he can get out anytime he likes just sayin the bf says I'm nuts for treating him like a baby lol

over a year ago

"The dog loves it and he can get out anytime he likes just sayin the bf says I'm nuts for treating him like a baby lol"

Nah lol some dogs are always little babies

over a year ago

"The dog loves it and he can get out anytime he likes just sayin the bf says I'm nuts for treating him like a baby lol

Nah lol some dogs are always little babies

"

Doesn't sound like a baby he snores like a train in a tunnel lol x

over a year ago

Let sleeping dogs lie

over a year ago

The first night i got my dog from dogs trust when i said it was bedtime he opened my bedroom door jumped on the bed and went to sleep and 5 months later he still sleeps there lol. He sleeps on the other side of the bed most of the time but sometimes steals half my pillow and cuddles in to go to sleep x

over a year ago

"My dog is like my little boy,part of the family. He used to sleep on my bed until I got with daz who said he had to sleep on the floor which I didn't mind as gave me more leg space

My question is... Am I the only one that tucks there dog in at night?

Cus daz said I'm a bloody weirdo but I see it as when I'm sleeping I like to be warm and comfy so why shouldn't he

"

Well said x

over a year ago

Thankfully I now have a doublebed..now my cat can find a comfy corner without getting irritated by me lol...yup...irritated by me..in MY bed..the wee shite she is lol

over a year ago

Dog used to sleep on bed but has been ousted by the 4 kittens I rescued rotty Alsatian cross is a bigger pussy than the 4 together lol, he still sneaks up if they leave enough room though

over a year ago

I must admit when the bf goes to work my dog jumps up on the bed and cuddles up to me bless him when I had my cats they used to push him outta the bed he was a bigger pussy than them too and they say staffys are dangerous! More like certain owners are

over a year ago

"I must admit when the bf goes to work my dog jumps up on the bed and cuddles up to me bless him when I had my cats they used to push him outta the bed he was a bigger pussy than them too and they say staffys are dangerous! More like certain owners are"

Gotta agree there don't think there are bad dogs just bad owners mine was a rescue dog huge scarring on his head when we got him underweight, scared shocking really now he's happy content looks great (£300 face lift lol to treat untreated scarring health reasons not cosmetic) but still a giant pussy

over a year ago

"I must admit when the bf goes to work my dog jumps up on the bed and cuddles up to me bless him when I had my cats they used to push him outta the bed he was a bigger pussy than them too and they say staffys are dangerous! More like certain owners are"

Staffys are fantastic dogs, i have half a staffy lying beside me snoring the other half of him is a lab. When people find out he has staffy in him they say ohh hes nasty when he is anything but. The way i see it if he was nasty my baby niece wouldnt get near him but he loves sitting on the floor to let her clamber all over him he sits stock still for her and that to me isnt a nasty dog (if that makes sense?) x

over a year ago

Dogs are what owners make them,.sadly in some cases. Having said that I eould never trust any animal hundred percent. Our little dog, shirley pup is 71/2 never bit anyone, sleeps with me, or in her bed tucked up, head on pillow,.snores like I dont know what, but still watch her when little ones around, for her as she is so little and others. Shes not an ankle biter

over a year ago

no your not a weirdo. maybe daz is jealous of your dog, my hubby used to get a bit jealous of the attention i gave my son when he was little.

you have to watch out for that.

maybe daz wants you to give him more attention.

i dont tuck my dog in at night but i used to cover my other dog up when i took her out in my bike basket.

i think its nice that you care about your dog and you dont want him to get cold.

over a year ago

no your normal.

we have 4 chihuahuas and until recently we used to let them sleep in the bed but the pup slipped off the sofa and broke her leg (fine now you wouldnt know she screams round the house) so now they all stay on the floor and they are like our babies

over a year ago

I don't tuck him in, but I do give him a pat on the head and say good night to him when he gets in his basket.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"The first night i got my dog from dogs trust when i said it was bedtime he opened my bedroom door jumped on the bed and went to sleep and 5 months later he still sleeps there lol. He sleeps on the other side of the bed most of the time but sometimes steals half my pillow and cuddles in to go to sleep x"

Are you sure it's not a small man in a doggy onesie ? He seems very clever with doors

over a year ago

Actually when I was with my ex wife our little dog used to sleep in the bed. Probably cos it gave me more attention and affection than she did. God I miss that dog everyday

But moving on.....

Owl

over a year ago

"The first night i got my dog from dogs trust when i said it was bedtime he opened my bedroom door jumped on the bed and went to sleep and 5 months later he still sleeps there lol. He sleeps on the other side of the bed most of the time but sometimes steals half my pillow and cuddles in to go to sleep x

Are you sure it's not a small man in a doggy onesie ? He seems very clever with doors "

I do wonder if he is more man than dog sometimes lol. He can open doors, takes the post from the postman and brings me it, when he is hungry/thirsty he brings me his bowl and when i dont talk to him his staffy whine comes out in style and i get a swift paw to the leg for not talking to him or most likely not sharing my ice cream lol x

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"The first night i got my dog from dogs trust when i said it was bedtime he opened my bedroom door jumped on the bed and went to sleep and 5 months later he still sleeps there lol. He sleeps on the other side of the bed most of the time but sometimes steals half my pillow and cuddles in to go to sleep x

Are you sure it's not a small man in a doggy onesie ? He seems very clever with doors

I do wonder if he is more man than dog sometimes lol. He can open doors, takes the post from the postman and brings me it, when he is hungry/thirsty he brings me his bowl and when i dont talk to him his staffy whine comes out in style and i get a swift paw to the leg for not talking to him or most likely not sharing my ice cream lol x"

Next time he goes for a pee, follow him and see if he puts the seat down after. That will determine it once and for all

over a year ago

no wierd alot like pets to sleep in/on the bed. My ex wife used to have one of our cats sleep in the bed, they had a third/80% of the bed pushing me out now that was annoying!! so glad to have the bed to myself now, loads of room!!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

would'nt say anyone was a wierdo but would never tuck a dog in or allow it on our bed..

dogs are pack animals, they need to know where they are in your 'pack' and that 'you' are the 'alpha' member of the pack..

once the boundaries start getting blurred, thats when you have the potential for problems..

over a year ago

I do wonder if he is more man than dog sometimes lol. He can open doors, takes the post from the postman and brings me it, when he is hungry/thirsty he brings me his bowl and when i dont talk to him his staffy whine comes out in style and i get a swift paw to the leg for not talking to him or most likely not sharing my ice cream lol x

Next time he goes for a pee, follow him and see if he puts the seat down after. That will determine it once and for all "

That would be funny, just like the dog in bruce almighty

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Next time he goes for a pee, follow him and see if he puts the seat down after. That will determine it once and for all

That would be funny, just like the dog in bruce almighty "

Haha yea. There is no denying that some dogs are extremely clever. There are also really clever ones that pretend to be dumb

Post new Message to Thread