Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Just a dream?

Jump to newest

By *rLothbrok OP   Man
over a year ago

Lancs

This morning I woke from a dream about my ex. I’ve not seen or spoken to her in about 8 years, so it struck me as a surprise that it happened.

Now I can’t get the last image of the dream out of my head though. She looked at me as I left the room, visibly upset with a few tears rolling over her cheek.

Anyone else had dreams about their ex that has left them feeling conflicted?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yeah they make me worried

over a year ago

Your mind uses images of people you know in your dreams the dream it's self has the meaning and it's not anything to do with your ex. Just your brain filling in the gaps

By *orkguy95Man
over a year ago

City

Honestly I dream about completely random people from my past all the time.

Exes, friends, people I met once at a party... At this stage I don't read too much into it because anyone could appear and it never really makes sense lol

By *andR2019Couple
over a year ago

Nunya

"This morning I woke from a dream about my ex. I’ve not seen or spoken to her in about 8 years, so it struck me as a surprise that it happened.

Now I can’t get the last image of the dream out of my head though. She looked at me as I left the room, visibly upset with a few tears rolling over her cheek.

Anyone else had dreams about their ex that has left them feeling conflicted?

"

Don’t read into it too much

By *rLothbrok OP   Man
over a year ago

Lancs

"Your mind uses images of people you know in your dreams the dream it's self has the meaning and it's not anything to do with your ex. Just your brain filling in the gaps "

Absolutely. It’s most likely to do with some things going on in my life now and desires that are present. But hate my mind choosing her to help clear through the memory cache.

The conflicting part is initially waking up with it pulling at my heart strings, as she was my first love and that relationship definitely imprinted on my psyche.

Thanks for your responses.

over a year ago

"Your mind uses images of people you know in your dreams the dream it's self has the meaning and it's not anything to do with your ex. Just your brain filling in the gaps "

Your eyes see so many different faces in a day so it blocks most and uses ones you know

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Yeah, and then I do the "oh shit, I wonder if it's a sign that they may need help, shall I drop them a message and check they're OK? No, that's a stupid fucking idea, they're not your responsibility. But what if they're all alone dying in a ditch and somehow they got that message to me, what if I'm their last hope? Shut up ya fucking nobhead, they lost their right to that hope when they screwed with your mind and fucked with your emotions. Lalallaalllaaaaaaa, put some music on.

*full blast*

GO ON NOW GO, WALK OUT THE DOOR, JUST TURN AROUND NOW"

By *vanabeusedTV/TS
over a year ago

somewhere

Mines are horror flashbacks of the mistakes I’ve made .

Post new Message to Thread