Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Leicester square box office

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Where going to london in january just for the day and thought we would see a matinee. But we are going to go to the box office and take pot luck. Anyone else done/does this

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We usually book in advance but we tend to want to see something specific. I hope you drop lucky and get good seats to a good show x

over a year ago

"We usually book in advance but we tend to want to see something specific. I hope you drop lucky and get good seats to a good show x "

Well we havent done it this way before, always book but we felt like living on the wild side for once lol. Neither are bothered what we see to a certain extent

over a year ago

"We usually book in advance but we tend to want to see something specific. I hope you drop lucky and get good seats to a good show x

Well we havent done it this way before, always book but we felt like living on the wild side for once lol. Neither are bothered what we see to a certain extent"

There will be some some seats I'm sure in the bigger theatres and most certainly in the smaller ones. If you are not too bothered then go with your gut feeling for which one to see and have fun.

over a year ago

"We usually book in advance but we tend to want to see something specific. I hope you drop lucky and get good seats to a good show x

Well we havent done it this way before, always book but we felt like living on the wild side for once lol. Neither are bothered what we see to a certain extent

There will be some some seats I'm sure in the bigger theatres and most certainly in the smaller ones. If you are not too bothered then go with your gut feeling for which one to see and have fun. "

We just think it would be a good thing to try, if there is nothing we fancy we will just do another museum, but will be interesting what they come up with

By *r ManxMan
over a year ago

NeverWhere

I always use them just ask them for advice

over a year ago

we usually try a matinee been lucky latly we saw sunshine boys,woamn in black and spamalot ,

spamalot is one of the funniest shows ive ever seen , last min usually do a good deal and then you got the whole night to enjoyafter it ,

over a year ago

Have used the half price ticket booth in Leicester square loads of times. Get there quite early and you'll have about 4 or 5 shows to choose from.

It's never failed for us. Just go with an open mind of what you want to see and you won't be disappointed.

You can see if they're good seats before you pay.

In the unluckily event you don't get anything you are surrounded by cinemas and other attractions.

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

We do this every time we go to London...never had a bad show yet...we've seen Chicago and Dreamboats and Petticoats among others. And it's like having a surprise if you don't know what you're going to see before you go.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I have and January is a great time as usually quieter

over a year ago

I've never got tickets this way in London but I have for Broadway shows so I expect its the same. If you don't mind what you see and have no particular preference for seats then its all good and often a pleasant surprise

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

You can usually find matinee seats for just about anything after 4th January. Just make sure it's a matinee day.

I want to see the Book of Mormon but they are sold out for evening seats until March.

over a year ago

When I worked monday to friday in London the last minute cheep tickets saved me from drinking every night. Saw some good shows too

over a year ago

"When I worked monday to friday in London the last minute cheep tickets saved me from drinking every night. Saw some good shows too"

I go London several times a year, always go to box office on the day, always been able to see shows I wanted to see, sometimes great seats, sometimes not so great. Touch wood, so far been lucky, though I'm sure a time will come when not so lucky and can't get a show I'd like to see

Post new Message to Thread