Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What's your favourite non-pop music?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Call yourself eclectic? I love to collect different kinds of music. I think there's just better quality of musicianship and creativity outside the mainstream. For instance:

Bob James, Tom Waits, Buckethead, Steve Winwood, Mark Knopfler, Ry Cooder, Devin Townsend, Hans Zimmer, Stanley Clarke, King Crimson, Michael Kamen, Ennio Morricone etc

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Know of 50% of those listed...very eclectic tastes myself varying from 50's/60's (Chuck Berry, Roy Orbison, Animals, Kinks, Stones, Mama's and Papa's to name but a few) - that's mostly from my Mam's influence...70's (Floyd, Steely Dan, Creedence - again but a few) from my ex-husband's influence mostly (he was 10 years older than me). Practically anything from the 80s as that was my era...90's mostly passed me by as was married at that time but modernish stuff would be Muse, Stereophonics, REM, Fun, The Script

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Know of 50% of those listed...very eclectic tastes myself varying from 50's/60's (Chuck Berry, Roy Orbison, Animals, Kinks, Stones, Mama's and Papa's to name but a few) - that's mostly from my Mam's influence...70's (Floyd, Steely Dan, Creedence - again but a few) from my ex-husband's influence mostly (he was 10 years older than me). Practically anything from the 80s as that was my era...90's mostly passed me by as was married at that time but modernish stuff would be Muse, Stereophonics, REM, Fun, The Script"

I tried to mention as many as I could that were still alive hehehe I like most of those too but my favourite earlies were the 70's soul movement like Isaac Hayes, Marvin Gaye, Curtis Mayfield and Bobby Womack

Post new Message to Thread