Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sydney University

Jump to newest

By *obwhatever OP   Man
over a year ago

Stirling/ London/ Yorkshire

Out of curiosity, what’s the deal with this? Seen them mentioned on a number of profiles with the proviso not to contact or tea-leaf profile info.

Why this specific institution?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

No idea why but it's all nonsense

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

This is from the FAQS

We've noticed a legal disclaimer paragraph that some people have on their profiles. Should we have one too? What are they about? Do they do any good?

The "legal disclaimer" is pointless nonsense and all does is take up extra space on our servers. Please remove it if you have it on your profile. If you're worried about privacy please set your account to be hidden from non-registered users on your privacy page (this also hides it from search engines but may take a week or two to drop out of search) and remove the notice (and encourage others to do likewise).

Common sense advice would be NOT to put any information on your profile (here, or on any such site) that could identify you or that you don't want to become public! So for your own benefit, don't post phone numbers, real names or email / instant message addresses on your profile that people might see or "Google".

Some people may put non-identifying pics on their public profile but keep face pics private or for friends, for example.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hilarious one is the copied and pasted from Facebook one stating that fabswingers is now a publicly traded entity. It isn’t, unless I missed the IPO

By *inister_SpinsterWoman
over a year ago

North West

"Out of curiosity, what’s the deal with this? Seen them mentioned on a number of profiles with the proviso not to contact or tea-leaf profile info.

Why this specific institution?"

Some time ago, there was a sociological study done, some of which referred to swinging. This accidentally leaked from the Uni into the public domain, along with some of the identities of people interviewed for the study.

There's more detail online if you're interested.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I tried to expand my search to include Sydney….still found loads of blokes.

By *i_guy_sloughMan
over a year ago

Langley

"Hilarious one is the copied and pasted from Facebook one stating that fabswingers is now a publicly traded entity. It isn’t, unless I missed the IPO "

They often paste that one and leave “Facebook” mentioned it is hilarious

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

One of ma cousins used to go to the University of Melbourne if that's any good

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

It's understandable that people should be concerned. I just made my own disclaimer slightly more specific.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"It's understandable that people should be concerned. I just made my own disclaimer slightly more specific. "

Nice cock, I'm gonna steal that pic

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"They often paste that one and leave “Facebook” mentioned it is hilarious "

I can think of other words than "hilarious"

Post new Message to Thread