Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Spanish

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Are up to their old tricks..

Spanish Ryanair travel crew are having a 12 day strike..

Dermot O' Leary said it would not affect flights but 10 already cancelled..

What's going on here guys

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

They're not as bad as the French.

By *osephSamuel90Man
over a year ago

Bracknell

"Are up to their old tricks..

What's going on here guys "

Guessing you mean Michael O'Leary. Unless Dermot has had a big career change since presenting X-Factor

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

"

"

I didn't know Radio 2 was consulted on matters of international air travel?

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

What's going on here guys "

Did you mean Michael O'Leary?

By *mma29Couple
over a year ago

wirral

Did you mean Michael O'Leary?"

This is part of the fun. He deliberately puts in mistakes or incorrect "facts" just to keep people on their toes.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

This is part of the fun. He deliberately puts in mistakes or incorrect "facts" just to keep people on their toes."

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

The Spanish - I've lived among them and can confirm that they are all workshy, mañana, mañana types

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Is that were the term Spanish Practices come from

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"Is that were the term Spanish Practices come from"

It could be worse and booked a flight with Richard Branston, then you’d be in by a pickle…

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Nobody expects the Spanish imposition!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Who cares plenty of places to visit in uk

over a year ago

"The Spanish - I've lived among them and can confirm that they are all workshy, mañana, mañana types "

I have Spanish family and I can assure you they are not workshy. The difference is the Spanish prioritise quality of life over all else. Most Spanish people I know have a much better quality of life then we do and live longer and better so they are obviously doing something right.

over a year ago

"Who cares plenty of places to visit in uk "

Unless of course You have to travel abroad to see family or to work.

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"The Spanish - I've lived among them and can confirm that they are all workshy, mañana, mañana types

I have Spanish family and I can assure you they are not workshy. The difference is the Spanish prioritise quality of life over all else. Most Spanish people I know have a much better quality of life then we do and live longer and better so they are obviously doing something right. "

Apologies, it was meant ironically. I mean, there is some truth to the stereotype from a cultural perspective but I wouldn't seriously generalise like that, especially in a diverse country like Spain where Galicia, say, is so different to Andalucia.

I have Spanish family too FWIW. Well, Catalan at least.

By *ormorantMan
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Do we know the nationalities of said aircrews or just the fact they are based in Spain..??

over a year ago

"Who cares plenty of places to visit in uk

Unless of course You have to travel abroad to see family or to work. "

Of course work

Comes first but if it’s delayed it’s delayed

Apart from that then you can travel to visit family some other time

over a year ago

"The Spanish - I've lived among them and can confirm that they are all workshy, mañana, mañana types

I have Spanish family and I can assure you they are not workshy. The difference is the Spanish prioritise quality of life over all else. Most Spanish people I know have a much better quality of life then we do and live longer and better so they are obviously doing something right.

Apologies, it was meant ironically. I mean, there is some truth to the stereotype from a cultural perspective but I wouldn't seriously generalise like that, especially in a diverse country like Spain where Galicia, say, is so different to Andalucia.

I have Spanish family too FWIW. Well, Catalan at least."

I get that.

I think the Spanish seem to have the work life balance sorted on the whole.

over a year ago

Of course work

Apart from that then you can travel to visit family some other time "

Are you living in the same reality as the rest of us? Most people only have a limited amount of time off work so no it's not as simple as if there's a delay sod I can go another time.

over a year ago

"Do we know the nationalities of said aircrews or just the fact they are based in Spain..??"

There is a proposed strike for Spanish based cabin crew and its not just Ryanair.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Of course work

Apart from that then you can travel to visit family some other time "

When though? Manana?

By *ormorantMan
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"Do we know the nationalities of said aircrews or just the fact they are based in Spain..??

There is a proposed strike for Spanish based cabin crew and its not just Ryanair."

I guess made up of all European Nationalities, much like multi national crews based all over Europe.

over a year ago

This is part of the fun. He deliberately puts in mistakes or incorrect "facts" just to keep people on their toes."

I just thought he was thick?

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I arrived in Spain today (Madrid). Disability assistance was, as ever, spot on. Prompt, friendly and helpful. The guy couldn't do enough to help. There was a lot of luggage hanging about in the arrivals hall but otherwise no chaos evident today. Dead easy to get a bus into Madrid and then took THE promptest train in the world to Toledo. Again, disability assistance was there waiting for me at either end. Friendly and chatty, a very pleasant journey by AVE.

The biggest issue on my travels today were the self entitled and frankly dense people using Manchester Airport and the lack of disability assistance at Manchester. Schiphol and Madrid were excellent.

By *y gameMan
over a year ago

open wide

This is part of the fun. He deliberately puts in mistakes or incorrect "facts" just to keep people on their toes.

I just thought he was thick?"

Just mistaken.

over a year ago

I just thought he was thick?

Just mistaken."

Hmmmmm or a double agent on the profile front!

over a year ago

"I arrived in Spain today (Madrid). Disability assistance was, as ever, spot on. Prompt, friendly and helpful. The guy couldn't do enough to help. There was a lot of luggage hanging about in the arrivals hall but otherwise no chaos evident today. Dead easy to get a bus into Madrid and then took THE promptest train in the world to Toledo. Again, disability assistance was there waiting for me at either end. Friendly and chatty, a very pleasant journey by AVE.

The biggest issue on my travels today were the self entitled and frankly dense people using Manchester Airport and the lack of disability assistance at Manchester. Schiphol and Madrid were excellent. "

We got back from Spain on Thursday, Disabled assistance in Spain was spot on, no waiting and no issues. Coming back into luton however was a different story altogether.

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"I arrived in Spain today (Madrid). Disability assistance was, as ever, spot on. Prompt, friendly and helpful. The guy couldn't do enough to help. There was a lot of luggage hanging about in the arrivals hall but otherwise no chaos evident today. Dead easy to get a bus into Madrid and then took THE promptest train in the world to Toledo. Again, disability assistance was there waiting for me at either end. Friendly and chatty, a very pleasant journey by AVE.

The biggest issue on my travels today were the self entitled and frankly dense people using Manchester Airport and the lack of disability assistance at Manchester. Schiphol and Madrid were excellent. "

How were they self entitled and dense?

over a year ago

The biggest issue on my travels today were the self entitled and frankly dense people using Manchester Airport and the lack of disability assistance at Manchester. Schiphol and Madrid were excellent.

How were they self entitled and dense?"

I can answer that, People have no consideration sometimes for people that can't move as fast as them, Are in a wheelchair or generally a bit slower.

We had people at Luton airport Moan when asked to move their stuff to clear a path for my husband and a lady in a wheelchair, got told "can't you go another way. One man saying very loadly as we were sent to the front of the queue for security "I guess they only want equality when it suits them. He was in return very loudly told off by security. So if Mrs KC'S experience was similar I can understand what she said and why.

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

I can answer that, People have no consideration sometimes for people that can't move as fast as them, Are in a wheelchair or generally a bit slower.

We had people at Luton airport Moan when asked to move their stuff to clear a path for my husband and a lady in a wheelchair, got told "can't you go another way. One man saying very loadly as we were sent to the front of the queue for security "I guess they only want equality when it suits them. He was in return very loudly told off by security. So if Mrs KC'S experience was similar I can understand what she said and why. "

Not dense then, just cuntish?

over a year ago

We had people at Luton airport Moan when asked to move their stuff to clear a path for my husband and a lady in a wheelchair, got told "can't you go another way. One man saying very loadly as we were sent to the front of the queue for security "I guess they only want equality when it suits them. He was in return very loudly told off by security. So if Mrs KC'S experience was similar I can understand what she said and why.

Not dense then, just cuntish? "

Well you would have to be a little bit dense to believe that kind of behaviour was acceptable.

over a year ago

North West

How were they self entitled and dense?"

People stood at automated gates without boarding passes anywhere to hand and causing chaos. People who refuse to understand that ALL liquids must be removed from hand luggage. People kicking off because they have to take their kid out of the buggy to put the buggy through the security scanner. People trying to take cigarette lighters on board. People who push into the assistance queue and refuse to observe the queue when politely pointed out, because obviously their needs are far greater than anyone else's. People tutting because I was last to board (despite being first at the gate) because the disability assistance people didn't turn up. People complaining because there were long queues to buy beer at 4am.

I could go on.

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

[Removed by poster at 04/07/22 14:26:11]

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

People stood at automated gates without boarding passes anywhere to hand and causing chaos. People who refuse to understand that ALL liquids must be removed from hand luggage. People kicking off because they have to take their kid out of the buggy to put the buggy through the security scanner. People trying to take cigarette lighters on board. People who push into the assistance queue and refuse to observe the queue when politely pointed out, because obviously their needs are far greater than anyone else's. People tutting because I was last to board (despite being first at the gate) because the disability assistance people didn't turn up. People complaining because there were long queues to buy beer at 4am.

I could go on. "

Why are they serving beer at 4 am?

over a year ago

North West

I could go on.

"

Dunno. Ask Manchester Airport...

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Viva España

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I could go on.

Dunno. Ask Manchester Airport..."

For many people it's a relaxant before flying ?

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

I could go on.

"

Still open from the night before?

over a year ago

I could go on. "

We had the same thing at luton with the assistants not turning up. They then insisted we had to wait for the ambulift even though it was you left even though it wasn't necessary. Just a side note you can take lighters on the plane they just have to go in your clear liquid bag as that's we did and no issues.

over a year ago

I could go on.

Still open from the night before?"

I don't know about Manchester but at luton airport the bar's open at 3:30 AM.

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

I could go on. "

I agree with your points, but I fly very infrequently, maybe ever 3 to 5 years or so and every time I fly from Manchester it's utter chaos. The staff seem to operate under the dilusion that everyone knows where to be and what to do. Signage and announcements are confusing. Frankfurt airport which is absolutely vast, is on the other hand simple to use even for non German speakers!

Post new Message to Thread