Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I bet this has been done to

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Death

But not by me

Do you trust that gut instinct?? The one that niggles at you??

I’ve had some tremendously gorgeous ones in my box recently, but I’m doubting they’re actually real.

Mind you … I’m a hormonal mess

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

No, I trust my thoughts

over a year ago

"No, I trust my thoughts "

Aren’t they just part of your instincts ?

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"No, I trust my thoughts

Aren’t they just part of your instincts ?"

No, instincts are instant reactions. Thoughts take time and processing

over a year ago

"No, I trust my thoughts

No, instincts are instant reactions. Thoughts take time and processing"

I may need to rethink my post ….

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"No, I trust my thoughts

"

Dont worry Floro, everybody will have different take on it anyway

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"No, I trust my thoughts

No, instincts are instant reactions. Thoughts take time and processing"

True

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sometimes when I think I'm hungry I'm actually thirsty. The above does not work when I'm horny though

over a year ago

"No, I trust my thoughts

Dont worry Floro, everybody will have different take on it anyway "

Yes … we are indeed all human

over a year ago

"Sometimes when I think I'm hungry I'm actually thirsty. The above does not work when I'm horny though "

Noted

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

I dunno about doing things by instinct, but I definately listen to my gut as a warning against things

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Yes and no. I think it's important to listen to it, especially if a feeling won't go away but sometimes our minds are our own worst enemy.

over a year ago

Ok I’ve thought

I’m right

In my mind anyway

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Yes and no. I think it's important to listen to it, especially if a feeling won't go away but sometimes our minds are our own worst enemy. "

Also true

over a year ago

"I dunno about doing things by instinct, but I definately listen to my gut as a warning against things"

Indeed . Thanks lovely

over a year ago

"Yes and no. I think it's important to listen to it, especially if a feeling won't go away but sometimes our minds are our own worst enemy. "

True

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Trust my gut and let them prove me right

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Some gorgeous cocks?

By *irtydevil666Man
over a year ago

bristol

[Removed by poster at 02/07/22 17:10:27]

over a year ago

100% if something doesn't feel right and your gut tells you I've never known it to be wrong

over a year ago

"Trust my gut and let them prove me right"

Haha yes

over a year ago

"Some gorgeous cocks?"

Nope

over a year ago

"100% if something doesn't feel right and your gut tells you I've never known it to be wrong "

By *irtydevil666Man
over a year ago

bristol

Listen to that good old gut instinct....in my humble opinion....

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Yes I go on gut feeling

over a year ago

"Listen to that good old gut instinct....in my humble opinion...."

Yes indeed

over a year ago

"Yes I go on gut feeling"

over a year ago

Yes, 100% go with your gut instincts I've yet to be wrong with mine

over a year ago

"Yes, 100% go with your gut instincts I've yet to be wrong with mine "

I should have worded it as unsure feelings, rather than gut instinct

Silly me

over a year ago

"Yes, 100% go with your gut instincts I've yet to be wrong with mine "

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Always trust our gut feelings.

Occasionally we’re proved wrong which is always pleasing

over a year ago

I can’t even reply properly to this

over a year ago

"Always trust our gut feelings.

Occasionally we’re proved wrong which is always pleasing "

I’d like to be proved wrong

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I trust my gut instinct yes, but it’s not the only feeling I base my decision on

By *aughtyandhandsomeMan
over a year ago

button moon

I usually go with my gut feelings. Most of the time it’s spot on. Only ever let me down a couple of times

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

I struggle to believe that the very good looking would be looking fur the save thing as me - regular and ongoing so yes I usually swerve them. But I have been proven wrong.

over a year ago

"I trust my gut instinct yes, but it’s not the only feeling I base my decision on "

I need to use more than the gut feeling

over a year ago

"I usually go with my gut feelings. Most of the time it’s spot on. Only ever let me down a couple of times "

over a year ago

"I struggle to believe that the very good looking would be looking fur the save thing as me - regular and ongoing so yes I usually swerve them. But I have been proven wrong."

Hence my dilemma today

I’m sure he’s been sent by the evil witch to lure me into a false sense of security

over a year ago

Over my lifetime, there were many occasions when I dismissed my gut feeling, and wished I had believed it, and many times I voiced my gut feeling, and been ridiculed for it, only to be exonerated later on, and then ridiculed even more because I didn't push enough my gut feeling.

NOW I trust my gut feeling and tell all profusely, much to many management's chagrin, and make another point of showing them I'm writing it down in my diary.

Weeks, months later, my gut instinct was correct.

I have many diary notes over the years, and the outcome too.

over a year ago

"Over my lifetime, there were many occasions when I dismissed my gut feeling, and wished I had believed it, and many times I voiced my gut feeling, and been ridiculed for it, only to be exonerated later on, and then ridiculed even more because I didn't push enough my gut feeling.

NOW I trust my gut feeling and tell all profusely, much to many management's chagrin, and make another point of showing them I'm writing it down in my diary.

Weeks, months later, my gut instinct was correct.

I have many diary notes over the years, and the outcome too."

It’s interesting, isn’t it

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

Interestingly, studies have shown that a prisoners is less likely to recieve parole if his/her hearing is just before lunch than just after. In this case, the gut feeling is literally that, the brain interprets the signals of an unhappy stomach as a bad feeling about something else.

People who have difficulty with correctly interpreting their interoceptive feelings can often react in illogical ways. Being "hangry" is one of the most common but pretty much all hormonal mood swings amount to the same thing. Something about the chemical signals within the body and brain isn't where it should be and for some people this results in those negative feelings being ascribed to the outside world rather than correctly identifying the source as internal. My ex would say that once she realised her mood was being affected by her cycle it became far easier change - she no longer interpreted the nternal hormonal imbalance as something that was caused externally so her mood immediately lifted and she was no longer snappy with other people but became more aware of feeling not her normal self. I'm pretty sure I've heard other women say similar things.

I'm absolutely no expert in any field of psychology or neuroscience but the field fascinates me and trying to understand where our thoughts, feelings and emotions - not to mention behaviours - come from is deeply fascinating for me.

To slightly disagree with an earlier poster, I don't believe there is any evidence of a difference between conscious thought and gut feeling - they both result from the chemical soup in our brain affecting how it reacts to various inputs. It is of course far more intuitive to believe we are an entity outside of and somehow separate to the chemical processes of our bodies, a soul, a person but there really is no evidence of such.

OP, I'm not sure how to answer your question, mostly because I don't know what a gut feeling is or how it differs from any other thought. I only become aware of "feelings" or "thoughts" once they become a conscious idea and I have no control over these nor knowledge of where they come from. Obviously, like everyone else, once a thought pops into my mind if I were to question it's source I would immediately have some confabulated story about why I think it but the reality is I actaully have no idea where it popped up from.

If you're asking do I stick with a thought about a person as it first appears in my mind without considering it then the answer is it really depends what I want from the situation. A thought about a random person as I walk down the street is rarely challenged unless guilt at it being an unkind thought prompts me to do so. If the person is someone who I'm hoping to get something from (for example they're a customer, a supplier, a potential Fab meet etc) then yes, I will look to see if that initial assessment was valid though I've no doubt that all my normal biases make this process considerably less robust than I like to think it is.

Mr

By *xploring_FunWoman
over a year ago

Coventry

On here I always trust my gut feeling about someone

over a year ago

"Interestingly, studies have shown that a prisoners is less likely to recieve parole if his/her hearing is just before lunch than just after. In this case, the gut feeling is literally that, the brain interprets the signals of an unhappy stomach as a bad feeling about something else.

People who have difficulty with correctly interpreting their interoceptive feelings can often react in illogical ways. Being "hangry" is one of the most common but pretty much all hormonal mood swings amount to the same thing. Something about the chemical signals within the body and brain isn't where it should be and for some people this results in those negative feelings being ascribed to the outside world rather than correctly identifying the source as internal. My ex would say that once she realised her mood was being affected by her cycle it became far easier change - she no longer interpreted the nternal hormonal imbalance as something that was caused externally so her mood immediately lifted and she was no longer snappy with other people but became more aware of feeling not her normal self. I'm pretty sure I've heard other women say similar things.

I'm absolutely no expert in any field of psychology or neuroscience but the field fascinates me and trying to understand where our thoughts, feelings and emotions - not to mention behaviours - come from is deeply fascinating for me.

To slightly disagree with an earlier poster, I don't believe there is any evidence of a difference between conscious thought and gut feeling - they both result from the chemical soup in our brain affecting how it reacts to various inputs. It is of course far more intuitive to believe we are an entity outside of and somehow separate to the chemical processes of our bodies, a soul, a person but there really is no evidence of such.

OP, I'm not sure how to answer your question, mostly because I don't know what a gut feeling is or how it differs from any other thought. I only become aware of "feelings" or "thoughts" once they become a conscious idea and I have no control over these nor knowledge of where they come from. Obviously, like everyone else, once a thought pops into my mind if I were to question it's source I would immediately have some confabulated story about why I think it but the reality is I actaully have no idea where it popped up from.

If you're asking do I stick with a thought about a person as it first appears in my mind without considering it then the answer is it really depends what I want from the situation. A thought about a random person as I walk down the street is rarely challenged unless guilt at it being an unkind thought prompts me to do so. If the person is someone who I'm hoping to get something from (for example they're a customer, a supplier, a potential Fab meet etc) then yes, I will look to see if that initial assessment was valid though I've no doubt that all my normal biases make this process considerably less robust than I like to think it is.

Mr"

Wow thank you … that’s really interesting

over a year ago

"On here I always trust my gut feeling about someone "

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I am turning into an over thinker and probably over process motives

over a year ago

"I am turning into an over thinker and probably over process motives"

I am too

I’m a mess

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Yes. I wish I'd trusted my gut. I might not have wasted part of my life in a work related matter on Friday afternoon

over a year ago

I read a book named "The righteous mind" by Jonathan Haidt. He makes a claim that we always follow our instincts and rationalise it later. We think we take all our decisions purely based on rationality. But in reality, we always do whatever is instinctual, some of which can be rational. But no matter what we do, we always try to rationalise it later with weird excuses. You will especially see it in political debates.

I felt like "this guy is nuts" when I read the book. But after reading the book, it kept playing at the back of my mind and I realised that the dude was 100% right. Then went back to give the book a 5 star rating on Goodreads.

over a year ago

"Sometimes when I think I'm hungry I'm actually thirsty. The above does not work when I'm horny though

Noted"

Writing a book with these notes? I want my cut op!

By *asilyled1Man
over a year ago

ogmore valley

I always trust my instincts. I feel I’m a good judge of character,and much more often than not I’m right.

over a year ago

Absolutely I do, I think we underestimate the power of gut instinct, and the internal knowledge we have.

If in doubt trust it, I’d rather do that than not ….

over a year ago

Swansea

"I read a book named "The righteous mind" by Jonathan Haidt. He makes a claim that we always follow our instincts and rationalise it later. We think we take all our decisions purely based on rationality. But in reality, we always do whatever is instinctual, some of which can be rational. But no matter what we do, we always try to rationalise it later with weird excuses. You will especially see it in political debates.

I felt like "this guy is nuts" when I read the book. But after reading the book, it kept playing at the back of my mind and I realised that the dude was 100% right. Then went back to give the book a 5 star rating on Goodreads."

I'll look out for that. Along similar lines, try googling split brain confabulation. It seems our brains really do invent shit to explain what we think and do. The worst part is we don't know it's being invented and believe it all.

Another really interesting read is How Emotions are Made by Lisa Feldman Barrett

Mr

over a year ago

Swansea

"I read a book named "The righteous mind" by Jonathan Haidt. He makes a claim that we always follow our instincts and rationalise it later. We think we take all our decisions purely based on rationality. But in reality, we always do whatever is instinctual, some of which can be rational. But no matter what we do, we always try to rationalise it later with weird excuses. You will especially see it in political debates.

I felt like "this guy is nuts" when I read the book. But after reading the book, it kept playing at the back of my mind and I realised that the dude was 100% right. Then went back to give the book a 5 star rating on Goodreads."

Just used this month's Audible credit to buy that. Looks really interesting.

Mr

By *iromancergirl1Woman
over a year ago

bolton

Always trust my inner voice it’s served me well so far.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Always Always trust your gut instinct trust me its never wrong

over a year ago

"Yes. I wish I'd trusted my gut. I might not have wasted part of my life in a work related matter on Friday afternoon "

Haha

over a year ago

Interesting

over a year ago

"Sometimes when I think I'm hungry I'm actually thirsty. The above does not work when I'm horny though

Noted

Writing a book with these notes? I want my cut op!"

Noted

over a year ago

"I always trust my instincts. I feel I’m a good judge of character,and much more often than not I’m right. "

over a year ago

"Absolutely I do, I think we underestimate the power of gut instinct, and the internal knowledge we have.

If in doubt trust it, I’d rather do that than not …."

Absolutely lovely

over a year ago

"Always trust my inner voice it’s served me well so far."

over a year ago

"Always Always trust your gut instinct trust me its never wrong "

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Yep ,I always trust my instincts on people on here .

Any doubts and I just stop engaging.

over a year ago

"Yep ,I always trust my instincts on people on here .

Any doubts and I just stop engaging."

I’m becoming so cynical ….

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I’m becoming so cynical …. "

I think that's not surprising when you see tv programs like catfish & read some of the forum posts or stays updates on here.

over a year ago

I’m becoming so cynical ….

I think that's not surprising when you see tv programs like catfish & read some of the forum posts or stays updates on here. "

Exactly … sad though, isn’t it?

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Yeah, for the most part. Sometimes I go for convenience rather than gut instinct though just because it's easier

over a year ago

"Yeah, for the most part. Sometimes I go for convenience rather than gut instinct though just because it's easier "

Fair enough

By *ausage1970Man
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

My experience says always trust your gut feeling

over a year ago

"My experience says always trust your gut feeling "

This is why I rarely talk to others

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Yes, if it seems to good to be true...

over a year ago

"Yes, if it seems to good to be true..."

Exactly x

over a year ago

My instincts are finely tuned and rarely let me down.

over a year ago

"My instincts are finely tuned and rarely let me down. "

Good

Post new Message to Thread