Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Seriously, I just want to give up

Jump to newest

By *ingdang OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Manchester

Can’t see the point of staying here or any dating site. Clearly something wrong with me and I don’t know what. Chat to this nice man who said he want a relationship and a dine with wine yesterday. This morning I woke up and found he blocked me on both phone and tinder. It probably happened like 5 times or so in last 6 months, I guess I had enough. People say beautiful thins to your face and treat you like crap behind your back.

Maybe I should just delete all these and concentrate on other things in life. End of the day, I’m not a that young, not a model, and I’m not even a real woman.

See the unread message in my box going up, 20 unread message, I no longer want to read any. Maybe it’s time for me just leave for good,

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Log out, stay logged out a while. Take time out to decide when you’ve had a chance to think about it.

over a year ago

I think this site is not really for people who want relationships.

It's all about sex tbh.

You look great though. I'm sure you'll find someone nice

over a year ago

You are who you are if these guys waste you’re time like last poster said give it rest for while

It will happen when you least expect it be happy and enjoy

By *inballs99Man
over a year ago

Blackheath

Online for me is just a way of killing time mostly i say the same take a break for a while and go out and meet people

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I haven't met anyone new since 2018, and the person I did meet then broke my faith in people to the point I won't allow myself to potentially get taken for a mug, and that includes being lied to for sex.

It does feel shit but at the same time can be empowering until you get like where I am now, and bitter.

I may delve in the future but can't see it happening if I'm honest.

I don't know what of any advice I'm trying to give you, guess I'm kinda saying you really ain't alone.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Treat fab as a social club o/p. Join in with camroom/forum chat. Good luck!

By *ighty_tightyMan
over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

Unfortunately people ghosting and disappearing is very common in life now, not only the dating world

Take some time, stay off here and other dating sites. Enjoy a less stressed life

Unfortunately you can never predict what someone else is about to do. And as hard as it is sometime you just have to accept that it is what it is.

Easy to say, not as easy to do.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Sorry you're feeling this way op,it can be tough as people seem to forget that others are people too with feelings also.

Maybe hide your profile & take a break from here.

TC & good luck whatever you decide

over a year ago

"Can’t see the point of staying here or any dating site. Clearly something wrong with me and I don’t know what. Chat to this nice man who said he want a relationship and a dine with wine yesterday. This morning I woke up and found he blocked me on both phone and tinder. It probably happened like 5 times or so in last 6 months, I guess I had enough. People say beautiful thins to your face and treat you like crap behind your back.

Maybe I should just delete all these and concentrate on other things in life. End of the day, I’m not a that young, not a model, and I’m not even a real woman.

See the unread message in my box going up, 20 unread message, I no longer want to read any. Maybe it’s time for me just leave for good,"

Just take a break from it all. How others behave is a choice and says nothing about you OP.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Even tinder is 90:10 male:female.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

"I think this site is not really for people who want relationships.

It's all about sex tbh.

You look great though. I'm sure you'll find someone nice "

This site is different things for different people and certainly isn't all about sex for everyone.

OP, it is hard I know but try to not to too much too soon. People can only hurt youb if you give them the power to do so.

It's a terrible cliche but happiness comes from within not from other people. Once you're happy inside, build your walls, interact only if it's fun. If someone really wants you they'll take the time to dismantle your walls brick by brick.

Mr

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

If you need a break take one, I have regular holiday breaks and come back all refreshed

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/07/22 16:29:23]

over a year ago

"Can’t see the point of staying here or any dating site. Clearly something wrong with me and I don’t know what. Chat to this nice man who said he want a relationship and a dine with wine yesterday. This morning I woke up and found he blocked me on both phone and tinder. It probably happened like 5 times or so in last 6 months, I guess I had enough. People say beautiful thins to your face and treat you like crap behind your back.

See the unread message in my box going up, 20 unread message, I no longer want to read any. Maybe it’s time for me just leave for good,"

Nothing wrong with you at all, they are the problem. People can change their minds but there's no need to be shit about it.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I think one of the problems with any online "dating/sex/swinging site" is much like most social media it's full of keyboard warriors and on here fantasists, people who think others are here just to fulfill their tick box fantasy bucket list, unfortunately many cannot seem to be able to identify the person behind the fantasy and it leaves people feeling used.

It must be very disheartening and frustrating trying to find that "special" person particularly on a site like this.

The right person is out there for you and chances are you will find love when and where you least expect it.

So really it's a decision only you can make if you decide to leave or not.

Personally if I where you I'd hide profile and have a break for a bit.

Maybe try to get out in the real world and give online dating the elbow for a bit.

Then maybe come back and use this site to have some fun n banter and hone your bullshit radar, once you learn to read the signs ing out the fantasists becomes quite easy.

Good luck.

over a year ago

Spend some time with people who really love you OP take a time out & come back refreshed x

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I take everything people say/type with a pinch of salt.

They need to be consistent, their actions need to match their words. Until that happens don't invest your time/energy/feelings.

I'm an older than you, real woman, and I have the same issues. But I also have very firm boundaries.

Sending a big hug, I understand the frustration x

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

‘Clearly there’s something wrong with me’ totally disagree but understand why you’d think that.

16 years in a relationship 9 of that married and suddenly one day, she’s met someone else. I never once blamed myself or even her, relationships are difficult even those just starting.

Please get out of the mindset that you’re to blame or there’s something wrong with you. At the moment it’s difficult and tiresome but eventually good things happen, they always do for good people.

Post new Message to Thread