Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

So many don't read profiles first

Jump to newest

By *ibidoLovers OP   Couple
over a year ago

Shropshire

We are very new and have been adding to our profile as time has progressed (very little time I may add)

It's really amazing how many people send a message before reading anything on the page at all, I think most see a picture and that's enough lol

Ours has ended up a little long maybe??? so going to clean it up a bit today to see if it helps, but I am assuming not lol

Is it just a new verified couples thing that does it or is it pretty much the same for everyone

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *phrodite_AdonisCouple
over a year ago

~~

Some will read, most won’t, or they read and ignore or assume preferences don’t apply to them

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I read every profile that takes my eye and if I feel I’m not suited to requirements I don’t message however if I feel I tick the required boxes I message but no joy yet meh

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Cock and fanny photos = message.

People don’t read profiles as it takes time, so send a message and try their luck instead.

By *rivervaderMan
over a year ago

bolton

Even when you read the profile and send heading like some say it still gets unread so most have now thought sod it nobody will read it anyway. But yes I still read it because some are really funny

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

Nope most just "Read" the pictures as you say or say they have "Read" the profile but we are both of the firm opinion that reading is going the same way as the art of conversation and our's is pretty long but then Mr4 likes a giggle and we both did put once that Mrs4 would be naked ..laying on our bed ...and we'd even got new curtains ( silky ones ) so they could wipe their knobs on on the way out ?? amazing how many replied to that one ??

over a year ago

Shropshire

The thing is if most read and understood what they are reading before approaching they would probably find a lot more luck, and with the right kind of people too

over a year ago

Shropshire

" Nope most just "Read" the pictures as you say or say they have "Read" the profile but we are both of the firm opinion that reading is going the same way as the art of conversation and our's is pretty long but then Mr4 likes a giggle and we both did put once that Mrs4 would be naked ..laying on our bed ...and we'd even got new curtains ( silky ones ) so they could wipe their knobs on on the way out ?? amazing how many replied to that one ?? "

pmsl

i guess it's just like everything else in life, we are drawn to images in everything we do in life...

and i do love seeing all the images but i love reading all the different profiles, so much out there, it great

over a year ago

Shropshire

"I read every profile that takes my eye and if I feel I’m not suited to requirements I don’t message however if I feel I tick the required boxes I message but no joy yet meh "

it must be even harder for single males to get returns, a lot harder.... and there are sooooo many its madness

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

The majority of single men who contact us, and some couples, clearly haven't read our profile.

over a year ago

"I read every profile that takes my eye and if I feel I’m not suited to requirements I don’t message however if I feel I tick the required boxes I message but no joy yet meh

it must be even harder for single males to get returns, a lot harder.... and there are sooooo many its madness

"

And this is understood too, more men than women/couples, so if message is deleted, unread or I get a no thanks it’s move on time

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Maybe put a single 'code' word half way through and another at the end. State "In your msg title please quote" -code-words-.

over a year ago

Shropshire

"The majority of single men who contact us, and some couples, clearly haven't read our profile. "

its so easy to tell too,

they should try looking at it from the other point of view maybe

By *weetsmellingtreatsWoman
over a year ago

Gloucester

"We are very new and have been adding to our profile as time has progressed (very little time I may add)

It's really amazing how many people send a message before reading anything on the page at all, I think most see a picture and that's enough lol

Ours has ended up a little long maybe??? so going to clean it up a bit today to see if it helps, but I am assuming not lol

Is it just a new verified couples thing that does it or is it pretty much the same for everyone "

I’ve just started blocking any that clearly are asking for things that are a no I’m my profile.

I’m new too but get the impression that it’s not

Just to new people it happen s

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

My profile is worded specifically for those that don't read it so if they decide to message it's very obvious if they have or not

over a year ago

Shropshire

"

And this is understood too, more men than women/couples, so if message is deleted, unread or I get a no thanks it’s move on time "

shame they don't all do that lol (after reading the profile properly first lol)

glad to hear you do

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

It's a good filter ,

You can tell straight away when someone hasn't read your profile.

The ones that make me laugh say "I've read your profile "then they have something on there's that shows they haven't at all.

over a year ago

Shropshire

"We are very new and have been adding to our profile as time has progressed (very little time I may add)

Is it just a new verified couples thing that does it or is it pretty much the same for everyone

I’ve just started blocking any that clearly are asking for things that are a no I’m my profile.

I’m new too but get the impression that it’s not

Just to new people it happen s"

we are due to reach that stage too, if the profile update later does not help matters

over a year ago

Shropshire

"My profile is worded specifically for those that don't read it so if they decide to message it's very obvious if they have or not "

love it and a good idea...

years ago a company gave away £200,000 to a customer who actually read their terms and conditions as there was a single line explaining they could claim it for reading this far...

over a year ago

I generally can tell easily who has read mine as its a bit more direct and out there ( imo)

A bulk are people trying their luck.

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

"

Since you kinda asked....all that legal stuff at the bottom is utter nonsense, and can safely be removed.

It won't stop the idiots not reading it, but it will at least make the text shorter.

over a year ago

"Some will read, most won’t, or they read and ignore or assume preferences don’t apply to them "

This. Also I’ve heard on the grapevine some have stopped looking at profiles and messaging all together because of the state of peoples inboxes being overloaded. Why become just another number?

over a year ago

Shropshire

"I generally can tell easily who has read mine as its a bit more direct and out there ( imo)

A bulk are people trying their luck. "

another reason i like reading others is to get ideas too, ours started of so simple... got lots of changes to make later

over a year ago

"The majority of single men who contact us, and some couples, clearly haven't read our profile.

its so easy to tell too,

they should try looking at it from the other point of view maybe "

Take a look at our profile, we still receive many messages asking if we want to meet now

over a year ago

Shropshire

"

Since you kinda asked....all that legal stuff at the bottom is utter nonsense, and can safely be removed.

It won't stop the idiots not reading it, but it will at least make the text shorter."

thanks for the heads up... was unsure myself but saw so many profiles with it

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I read the profiles before I scan the pics.

No point in messaging someone if you don't fit with what they are looking for.

over a year ago

Wait!!

There's profiles on here?? AND people are expected to read them??

NO WAY MAN!!

McDonald's will be selling coffee next!

over a year ago

Shropshire

"Some will read, most won’t, or they read and ignore or assume preferences don’t apply to them

This. Also I’ve heard on the grapevine some have stopped looking at profiles and messaging all together because of the state of peoples inboxes being overloaded. Why become just another number? "

people should be treated as people, no just a bit of meat (obviously there are some out there that love that but in general respect people as people)

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

I cant read anyway, I just look at the pictures

over a year ago

Shropshire

"The majority of single men who contact us, and some couples, clearly haven't read our profile.

its so easy to tell too,

Take a look at our profile, we still receive many messages asking if we want to meet now"

and you cant get more simple than that... that just says it all

over a year ago

Shropshire

its so easy to tell too,

Take a look at our profile, we still receive many messages asking if we want to meet now"

fab'd a photo too

over a year ago

Shropshire

"Wait!!

There's profiles on here?? AND people are expected to read them??

NO WAY MAN!!

McDonald's will be selling coffee next!"

over a year ago

I love it when they don’t read profiles. Long may it continue. It makes it easier for me to stand out.

over a year ago

its so easy to tell too,

Take a look at our profile, we still receive many messages asking if we want to meet now

and you cant get more simple than that... that just says it all "

I will add, the amount of messages have dropped, so clearly there are many that do read.

When we were looking just recently, there were far more messages.

Our profile can be quite long when we are looking, though we tend to be quite descriptive in what we seek at that particular time, so if they begin to read, they're likely to read to the end. Hopefully.

I'd say minimise your bio, cut out the disclaimer.

The shorter and more to the point, the better chance of people reading. In theory.

over a year ago

Shropshire

its so easy to tell too,

and you cant get more simple than that... that just says it all

I will add, the amount of messages have dropped, so clearly there are many that do read.

When we were looking just recently, there were far more messages.

Our profile can be quite long when we are looking, though we tend to be quite descriptive in what we seek at that particular time, so if they begin to read, they're likely to read to the end. Hopefully.

I'd say minimise your bio, cut out the disclaimer.

The shorter and more to the point, the better chance of people reading. In theory."

thank you for the heads up, it really is appreciated...

over a year ago

Happy to admit i wont read profiles i see no point or reason i should really

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"The thing is if most read and understood what they are reading before approaching they would probably find a lot more luck, and with the right kind of people too"

Ah but that sounds like common sense, which sadly many are lacking lol

over a year ago

Shropshire

"The thing is if most read and understood what they are reading before approaching they would probably find a lot more luck, and with the right kind of people too

Ah but that sounds like common sense, which sadly many are lacking lol"

it really does seem that way lol

over a year ago

"Some will read, most won’t, or they read and ignore or assume preferences don’t apply to them

This. Also I’ve heard on the grapevine some have stopped looking at profiles and messaging all together because of the state of peoples inboxes being overloaded. Why become just another number?

people should be treated as people, no just a bit of meat (obviously there are some out there that love that but in general respect people as people)"

But how does one feel when you read ‘I’ve had 3000 messages, they obviously don’t read!’

And you know your message is in that pile of that persons inbox and it was a reply to them messaging you….?….

You start to think you are just a number.

over a year ago

Shropshire

people should be treated as people, no just a bit of meat (obviously there are some out there that love that but in general respect people as people)

But how does one feel when you read ‘I’ve had 3000 messages, they obviously don’t read!’

And you know your message is in that pile of that persons inbox and it was a reply to them messaging you….?….

"

i really can understand that as we have had hundreds in just a couple of weeks, it does get a little much especially when you know 98% dont read the profile first...

our plan is just to chat in here and get to really know people and just see what life brings... the best things in life are worth the wait

By *inister_SpinsterWoman
over a year ago

North West

Is it just a new verified couples thing that does it or is it pretty much the same for everyone "

Some do, some don't.

I find if I'm online, I get messages.

Maybe tighten up your message filters if you're getting inundated.

My profile has my preferences on it. I've been known to copy them and send them back to people that are *way* out of them.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

The only issue I have with some people claiming others don't read their profiles before messaging is that often those profiles don't have much information on them or aren't clear in what they are looking.

Many will then make assumptions or chance their arm based on the limited info available. It's not always the train though and even on mine where I'm very clear I've still had couples telling me they know I don't really believe anything I've written because men don't have options on here and can't afford to be fussy.

over a year ago

Shropshire

Some do, some don't.

My profile has my preferences on it. I've been known to copy them and send them back to people that are *way* out of them."

not a bad idea, already thought about creating a copy n paste list lol

over a year ago

i really can understand that as we have had hundreds in just a couple of weeks, it does get a little much especially when you know 98% dont read the profile first...

our plan is just to chat in here and get to really know people and just see what life brings... the best things in life are worth the wait "

I’ve been known to wait years… nice to speak to you.

over a year ago

Shropshire

"

I’ve been known to wait years… nice to speak to you. "

By *iquid GoldCouple
over a year ago

gloucestershire

its so easy to tell too,

Same here! I’ve just had to send a harshly worded message to a couple who message us weekly asking to meet. Our profile is very clear in that we are looking for women and that we don’t do last minute hook ups! But still we get that same message every Friday!

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

Have to say that despite everything most are ok on here and just not what we are looking "For" or rather what Mrs4 is looking for and would help if people did read more as it's win win really as saves them time and saves us time ! but afew do seem to regard Mrs4 as some kind of unpaid sex worker or rather try to treat her as such but profiles are hard to get right and as far as we are concerned never a right way or wrong way to do them as most people do struggle to describe themselves and aslong as they have some kind of blurb and not the my friend/friends told me about the site or looking for fun or i'm a big boy with my balls always full kind of blurb and of course some nice pictures to draw the attention ...We think honesty is the key in the end though !

over a year ago

Shropshire

its so easy to tell too,

Same here! I’ve just had to send a harshly worded message to a couple who message us weekly asking to meet. Our profile is very clear in that we are looking for women and that we don’t do last minute hook ups! But still we get that same message every Friday! "

when the right people contact us I think we will know... to us its not worth just jumping in at the last minute, that's not what we are after either

over a year ago

Shropshire

" Have to say that despite everything most are ok on here and just not what we are looking "For" or rather what Mrs4 is looking for and would help if people did read more as it's win win really as saves them time and saves us time ! but afew do seem to regard Mrs4 as some kind of unpaid sex worker or rather try to treat her as such but profiles are hard to get right and as far as we are concerned never a right way or wrong way to do them as most people do struggle to describe themselves and aslong as they have some kind of blurb and not the my friend/friends told me about the site or looking for fun or i'm a big boy with my balls always full kind of blurb and of course some nice pictures to draw the attention ...We think honesty is the key in the end though ! "

got to agree.

trying to add all the details needed in the profile to give a really good insight is hard without making it a massive profile... but if the right person reads it, i feel its worth sifting through all the others lol

looking forward to updating it later

By *valon7Woman
over a year ago

Lancaster

By *r SproutMan
over a year ago

the middle somewhere

It’s the same for everyone. I get messages from couples and females who haven’t read my profile. It happened before I joined the site and it will happen after I’m gone.

It’s annoying sometimes but don’t let it spoil your time on here. All the best on your journey.

By *oodprincess69Woman
over a year ago

over the rainbow

Most don't read them they just chance their luck, I looked at yours and being totally honest I wouldn't read it due to its length but if I've not read it I wouldn't message either xxx

over a year ago

Shropshire

It’s the same for everyone. I get messages from couples and females who haven’t read my profile. It happened before I joined the site and it will happen after I’m gone.

It’s annoying sometimes but don’t let it spoil your time on here. All the best on your journey."

time will tell and thank you

over a year ago

Shropshire

"Most don't read them they just chance their luck, I looked at yours and being totally honest I wouldn't read it due to its length but if I've not read it I wouldn't message either xxx"

glad to know you wouldn't send a message because you have not read it appreciated

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

You do and can meet and we have met some really great people and should always be "Fun" seems a obvious thing to say but we don't and never will take us or this to seriously and enjoy the social side as much as the sexy naked fun side or really enjoy both equally !! and so enjoy yourselves and have afew laughs and great meeting others swapping stories and getting hints and tips

By *oodprincess69Woman
over a year ago

over the rainbow

"Most don't read them they just chance their luck, I looked at yours and being totally honest I wouldn't read it due to its length but if I've not read it I wouldn't message either xxx

glad to know you wouldn't send a message because you have not read it appreciated "

it's a respect things xxx

over a year ago

Shropshire

" You do and can meet and we have met some really great people and should always be "Fun" seems a obvious thing to say but we don't and never will take us or this to seriously and enjoy the social side as much as the sexy naked fun side or really enjoy both equally !! and so enjoy yourselves and have afew laughs and great meeting others swapping stories and getting hints and tips "

got to admit, i love the buildup just as much as the action.

at the end of the day, like you said, its about having fun and enjoying the whole situation

over a year ago

Shropshire

"Most don't read them they just chance their luck, I looked at yours and being totally honest I wouldn't read it due to its length but if I've not read it I wouldn't message either xxx

glad to know you wouldn't send a message because you have not read it appreciated

it's a respect things xxx"

By *xxLandNxxxCouple
over a year ago

Nuneaton

It happens all the time, we mainly just delete the messages it’s a little harsh but got tired of of replying. We state no random friend requests so we tend to just block people who do send one without chatting first.

Lazy people with lazy profiles don’t deserve your time x

over a year ago

Do I read profiles? Yes and no.

If a profile is War and Peace then no, I just move on. If a profile is short, has the relevant points then I'll wink or message.

Personal opinion, a profile is your advert, if it takes hundreds of words to get that advert across you've lost the audience.

I like a profile to be like a book or film pitch, have the logline and bullet points, the rest can be found out in conversations.

By *idsAndyMan
over a year ago

Worcestershire

I enjoy reading profiles, I can't understand why others don't at least make the effort to.

By *inister_SpinsterWoman
over a year ago

North West

Some do, some don't.

My profile has my preferences on it. I've been known to copy them and send them back to people that are *way* out of them.

not a bad idea, already thought about creating a copy n paste list lol"

My only other advice is don't be shy about blocking people that are rude / don't fit your wants. It saves time in the long run.

Also you'll only be 'hot' as a newbie for a while, then you'll slip down the popularity list. Maybe get stuck in!!

Sx

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

"Happy to admit i wont read profiles i see no point or reason i should really"

Curiuous to know as to why you wont read them nor feel you should. How do you decide to message someone or not without?

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

This is very true they don’t

over a year ago

Shropshire

"It happens all the time, we mainly just delete the messages it’s a little harsh but got tired of of replying. We state no random friend requests so we tend to just block people who do send one without chatting first.

Lazy people with lazy profiles don’t deserve your time x"

nicely put indeed

over a year ago

I always read the profile, and will/won't message based on what I read...

Likewise, if someone messages me and their message is better than the usual 3 words, I'll have a read of their profile before replying

over a year ago

Shropshire

"I always read the profile, and will/won't message based on what I read...

Likewise, if someone messages me and their message is better than the usual 3 words, I'll have a read of their profile before replying"

that first message received really is an important one in our eyes

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

We both like the build up and the anticipation of what could happen or even might not happen and just being offered it on a plate is a massive turn off for us both and especially Mrs4 as she does like to get know others and of course be slowly seduced ! and we tend to just block/delete profiles with only "Nether" regions pictres as we are both far more interested it what or whom is attached to said "Nether" regions !and we've had afew meets where's it plainly obvious the other party has just lied to get a meet !! and had one where slathering beast applied and it's rather insulting as well as they don't think we or in most cases Mrs4 hasn't got the brains to suss them out ??...but that's ironically what makes all fun ..

over a year ago

Shropshire

" We both like the build up and the anticipation of what could happen or even might not happen and just being offered it on a plate is a massive turn off for us both and especially Mrs4 as she does like to get know others and of course be slowly seduced ! and we tend to just block/delete profiles with only "Nether" regions pictres as we are both far more interested it what or whom is attached to said "Nether" regions !and we've had afew meets where's it plainly obvious the other party has just lied to get a meet !! and had one where slathering beast applied and it's rather insulting as well as they don't think we or in most cases Mrs4 hasn't got the brains to suss them out ??...but that's ironically what makes all fun .. "

agree, we feel the interaction is just as important and fun/exciting as the act.

Mrs L needs warming up with some flirting to get her going, not the kind of woman to book in a blind fuck so to speak

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

The majority of messages are from people who haven't read our profile both this and our old one, doesn't really bother me though.

Mrs

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

Most Fems do like to get know others over afew drinks and afew do like to just get on with it so to speak ?? and that's perfectly fine as this site is everyone and be a boring world and even site if we were all 100% the same ??and that's the whole point of the profiles so people can see if you are a match ?? and met afew people via socials who play totally differently from us and even liked way different things sexually than us but we still had a great time with them and a laugh ! but afew assume that if you are on here you or the rather fem are up for it 24/7 ?? and nothing better for us than meeting up for afew drinks and getting to know people and that's what we mainly do ourselves just chill out with afew drinks and listen to music !

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

" Most Fems do like to get know others over afew drinks and afew do like to just get on with it so to speak ?? and that's perfectly fine as this site is everyone and be a boring world and even site if we were all 100% the same ??and that's the whole point of the profiles so people can see if you are a match ?? and met afew people via socials who play totally differently from us and even liked way different things sexually than us but we still had a great time with them and a laugh ! but afew assume that if you are on here you or the rather fem are up for it 24/7 ?? and nothing better for us than meeting up for afew drinks and getting to know people and that's what we mainly do ourselves just chill out with afew drinks and listen to music ! "

Love this

By *ADY GOODWITCHWoman
over a year ago

single st, kinky Town

I try to keep mine up to date, if they don't read it they not interested in the person x

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

On the flip side, having a good profile and they clearly not read it before messaging is just as good a sign they are not the type of guy I want to meet as clicking on theirs and there is nothing.

Post new Message to Thread