Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Facebook, Snapchat, insta…

Jump to newest

By *mMrbrightside OP   Man
over a year ago

wakefield

Do you think these apps or even mobile phones should have an 18 year old age restriction? The problems they cause kids is unreal, sexism, racism, bullying

An extreme example was the argument that started in Snapchat for one boy who was then lured to a park and stabbed to death

I hate to say it but in my day it was easier been a child

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Yes, or at least 16. And with parental consent

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

People literally said this about books in bygone eras.

over a year ago

I’m just glad I didn’t grow up with all the social media. I certainly don’t think it’s good for kids

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Yes I do

over a year ago

"Do you think these apps or even mobile phones should have an 18 year old age restriction? The problems they cause kids is unreal, sexism, racism, bullying

An extreme example was the argument that started in Snapchat for one boy who was then lured to a park and stabbed to death

I hate to say it but in my day it was easier been a child "

I don’t think the problem is the apps it’s the generation using them. They take offence at everything, can’t assimilate any other pov than their own, idolise celebrity over achieving anything it goes on. Case in point Emma Raducanu. Paid millions in sponsorship. A role model. Loses at Wimbledon and her reaction? Being expected to win is too much pressure. It’s the whole fuvking point she gets those lucrative sponsorship deals. The generation they want a medal for turning up can’t cope when they look feel they aren’t being constantly praised.

So I’m not blaming apps.

By *haneSugarMan
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

They'll always find a way to get to people. It does seem to make it easier for them through anonymity of fake profiles and whatnot though.

Post new Message to Thread