Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Met Police not Welcome at Pride

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Organisers saying that they are not welcoming Met Police in the Pride marching because they are a homophobic organisation. What's going on here guys?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Organisers saying that they are not welcoming Met Police in the Pride marching because they are a homophobic organisation."

This

Reply privately

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

Yet any crime or attacks at the event and the Police will get the blame, no?

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Organisers saying that they are not welcoming Met Police in the Pride marching because they are a homophobic organisation. What's going on here guys?"

We don’t want homophobic police at Pride. That’s what’s going on.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Is every single officer a homophobe?

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Groups of people choosing to turn away the police and instead police themselves?

Vigilantes? What could possibly go wrong?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Surely people are aware that No Police would mean No Pride.

Irrespective of individuals feelings, they are there for public order.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is every single officer a homophobe?"

Of course not. The issue is entrenched homophobia in the Met which hasn’t been dealt with top down. Just one of a number of reasons it’s in special measures.

Reply privately

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

No

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I think they chief of police can have officers policing it but some organisers are saying that they don't want them marching in the parade

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

So a gay police officer is not welcome?

Reply privately

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

It's a good way of publicising some of the issues the Met has.

..but individual officers need to not be demonised (the same as the marchers, obv)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So a gay police officer is not welcome?"

Of course they are. The Met needs to sort its house out but let’s not demonise all the good cops.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Maybe the gay policemen can march in civvies

Reply privately

over a year ago

How will you even know which are homophobic and which are not? If they exercise their duty impartially, as they are supposed to, it makes no difference what their views are?

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"So a gay police officer is not welcome?

Of course they are. The Met needs to sort its house out but let’s not demonise all the good cops. "

So gay police are welcome, but straight ones aren't..? That's not very inclusive is it?

Reply privately

By *mooth Operator 07Man
over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

Sounds crazy the police force are not attending pride. The army, navy and RAF of individuals from LGBTQ community will be attending pride and doing a march.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

And presumably the London police may not be welcome to march but in another area the Welsh police might be welcome. I wonder if the organisers are shooting themselves in the feet here. I can't see how they can ban the police from marching.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Of course they are. The Met needs to sort its house out but let’s not demonise all the good cops.

So gay police are welcome, but straight ones aren't..? That's not very inclusive is it? "

What’s inclusive about homophobia at the Met allowing several young men to be murdered? What’s inclusive about young black wines being humiliated by the Met? What about stop and search used predominantly with black men not white? I could go on. No one is saying all police they’re saying the Met.

Reply privately

By *uzie69xTV/TS
over a year ago

Maidstone

"Is every single officer a homophobe?

Of course not. The issue is entrenched homophobia in the Met which hasn’t been dealt with top down. Just one of a number of reasons it’s in special measures. "

Yes, it's called "institutional homophobia" like they were institutionally racist when they didn't take Stephen Lawrence's killing seriously.

Not every police officer is racist or homophobe, it is the institution.... Or leader not managing the problem in the organisation.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Of course not. The issue is entrenched homophobia in the Met which hasn’t been dealt with top down. Just one of a number of reasons it’s in special measures.

Yes, it's called "institutional homophobia" like they were institutionally racist when they didn't take Stephen Lawrence's killing seriously.

Not every police officer is racist or homophobe, it is the institution.... Or leader not managing the problem in the organisation."

Wasn't the last Chief of Police Gay?

Reply privately

By *iss KinkWoman
over a year ago

North/Blackpool

What about the thousands of gay police officers

Reply privately

over a year ago

So an entire group is to be excluded for the actions of a few? Sounds like some sort of bigotry to me? How very non-woke..or should that be asleep? I can't keep up with all this bollocks, sorry, non-gender specific genitalia references...

Reply privately

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

There may be thousands of LGBT (or what ever) police officers in the UK but unfortunately only one Met …. Which hasn’t done itself any favours lately.

Special measures say it all

No wonder they are not welcome at Pride

Reply privately

over a year ago

Let them have their way just don’t respond to any crimes or calls for help

This is not against pride this is against those who hate police but quick to call for help when needed

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So an entire group is to be excluded for the actions of a few? Sounds like some sort of bigotry to me? How very non-woke..or should that be asleep? I can't keep up with all this bollocks, sorry, non-gender specific genitalia references..."

No one has mentioned anything about non gender specific genitalia. Which you call bollocks.

In the same post you say it all sounds like bigotry.

Reply privately

By *ormorantMan
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"Organisers saying that they are not welcoming Met Police in the Pride marching because they are a homophobic organisation. What's going on here guys?

We don’t want homophobic police at Pride. That’s what’s going on. "

Are the 100’s of LGBT Officers welcome?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So an entire group is to be excluded for the actions of a few? Sounds like some sort of bigotry to me? How very non-woke..or should that be asleep? I can't keep up with all this bollocks, sorry, non-gender specific genitalia references...

No one has mentioned anything about non gender specific genitalia. Which you call bollocks.

"

I'm glad you get it..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So an entire group is to be excluded for the actions of a few? Sounds like some sort of bigotry to me? How very non-woke..or should that be asleep? I can't keep up with all this bollocks, sorry, non-gender specific genitalia references...

I'm glad you get it.."

It’s not bigotry. That’s just a fact. Check the definition. Using bigoted language while you call others bigots (misusing the word). That I get.

Reply privately

By *abasaurus RexMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"So an entire group is to be excluded for the actions of a few? Sounds like some sort of bigotry to me? How very non-woke..or should that be asleep? I can't keep up with all this bollocks, sorry, non-gender specific genitalia references..."

What’s hard to understand? The Met has serious institutional problems, and organisers saying they aren’t welcome is a method of highlighting it as needing to be dealt with.

Sounds like you’re deliberately over complicating it to suit your own prejudices.

Reply privately

By *ormorantMan
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Bottom line is the organisers will have no say whatsoever in the Police, Policing a large Public Order event in a public place.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Bottom line is the organisers will have no say whatsoever in the Police, Policing a large Public Order event in a public place."

They actually do. Policing is by consent in this country.

Reply privately

By *unkym34Man
over a year ago

London

"Organisers saying that they are not welcoming Met Police in the Pride marching because they are a homophobic organisation. What's going on here guys?"
quite simply don’t complain at any crime being committed then and let’s hope there no terrorist attacks then. Actually if there’s no place it’s probably not safe so let’s cancel it that seems like the best idea.

Reply privately

By *ormorantMan
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"Bottom line is the organisers will have no say whatsoever in the Police, Policing a large Public Order event in a public place.

They actually do. Policing is by consent in this country. "

And it will be Policed. And no they don’t have a say in wether an event will or needs to be Policed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They'll be there regardless as big events need policing. If something like a terrorist attack were to happen what then? The met would be slated by everyone for not being there. Whilst there's no room for homophobia police are required at such events

Reply privately

By *unkym34Man
over a year ago

London

"Bottom line is the organisers will have no say whatsoever in the Police, Policing a large Public Order event in a public place.

They actually do. Policing is by consent in this country. "

consent of what. No police no lisence for the event therefore no event. And if people then turn up to a illegal event police will be there to either over see or disperse.

To me this just sounds like the organisers are just out to cause a bit of commission really they want the police there cause they want everyone to be safe but they just want to be show offy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This sounds like Pride don't want the Met to pinkwash over their problems and raises the profile of what many on the community see as an issue.

And it works.

Or course induaks themselves are welcome to attend in civvies. Just not uniform (unless at work).

But the institution is not welcome.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The organisers are not saying it should not be policed. Some organisers are saying that the police should not be joining in the parade.

They are also criticising box ticking corporations for joining in.

I would rather the police just being the police and stop their box ticking and ditch their rainbow cars and flags and just catch the crooks.

All for Pride though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It’s a bit like saying “no straight humans are welcome to march , because some of them are homophobic cunts”.

I heard there was a homophobic person employed by Apple once - they didn’t know of course, since it wasn’t part of the interview process - but maybe everyone shouldn’t use Apple products as a result ? Homophobes in America eat McDonalds apparently . Get them on the block list too!

People need to keep perspective.

Reply privately

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

The Met is in ‘Special Measures’ as it is failing Women, LGBTQ+, BAME Groups and many others. This is a call to action in terms of fixing these problems. Do we agree with the Police not being there, no as the Police who attend Pride have typically been great. However, it is right to call out the lack of action by the Met Police to protect people.

Reply privately

By *unkym34Man
over a year ago

London

Not every police officer is racist or homophobe, it is the institution.... Or leader not managing the problem in the organisation."

do what is making the Met homophobic??? This I’ve not really seen I’m not seeing people that would relate to homophobia being stopped and searched with out cause, beaten, arrested, not being served as they should, being imprisoned for no reason, not being allowed to work in the Met????

Reply privately

over a year ago

What’s hard to understand? The Met has serious institutional problems, and organisers saying they aren’t welcome is a method of highlighting it as needing to be dealt with.

Sounds like you’re deliberately over complicating it to suit your own prejudices. "

So my prejudices are what exactly, please enlighten me?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How will you even know which are homophobic and which are not? If they exercise their duty impartially, as they are supposed to, it makes no difference what their views are?"

The non-homophobic police will be wearing rainbow hats and carrying rainbow truncheons to bash homophobic non-rainbow wearing straight people on the heads with, obviously.

Reply privately

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"Organisers saying that they are not welcoming Met Police in the Pride marching because they are a homophobic organisation. What's going on here guys?

It’s a bit like saying “no straight humans are welcome to march , because some of them are homophobic cunts”.

I heard there was a homophobic person employed by Apple once - they didn’t know of course, since it wasn’t part of the interview process - but maybe everyone shouldn’t use Apple products as a result ? Homophobes in America eat McDonalds apparently . Get them on the block list too!

People need to keep perspective. "

Siri, show me a willful misunderstanding of an issue...

Reply privately

By *_the_impalerMan
over a year ago

canterbury

Nothing like a good old bit of stereotyping without getting to know someone individually saying you don’t like them due to a group they are part of like the 1980’s

So if a LGBTQ officer wanted to go when on a day off they are banned ?

Certainly advertising it will cause more issues with the dinosaurs aka close minded individuals to turn up and cause problems because they know there won’t be any police there !

Reply privately

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS
over a year ago

hexham

I avoid the police at all times and I would not invite them, in a professional capacity, to anything. There are some great individuals in the police force but as an organisation they are a disgrace.

Having said that, I have seen great policing around the gay village in manchester and around the Leeds First Friday event. And Cumbria police force have seemed pretty good with all of my contact with them.

Northumbria police are generally terrible. They are getting better but they are still not good

Of course that is my personal opinion based on my own experience and what do I know?

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

A complete own goal by pride, in my opinion.

Totally missing the opportunity to showcase the diversity and inclusivity of the event and community.

It smacks of throwing part of your group under the bus, for the organisers own political platform.

Hypocrisy at its finest! PRIDE, a celebration a coming together and highlighting LGBTQ+ rights has now become, demands by the LGBTQ+ community to cancel their own due to profession.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

This is all over the news.

Reply privately

By *mooth Operator 07Man
over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

We are all aware of the dysfunctional operations with police. I concur with the majority not all police officers come under the category of bigotry behaviour etc.

However, I have to consider the government role of reducing police officers on the streets and reducing their funding. Its not surprising this equals to chaos.

Reply privately

By *aliceWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Amazing how many people don't get the diferrence between institution and individual

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ah you can’t beat it, the smell of coffee, a sausage bap from greggs and an arguement over bigotry and Policing to set up your day……..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Siri, show me a willful misunderstanding of an issue..."

Oooh I Love a bit of passive-aggressive condescension in the morning.

Would you care to explain that to me? Pretend like I am a simpleton, to make it easy for yourself (touché). I will have my notebook and pen ready and promise to take notes. Waiting in anticipation and running on a book on you not giving a clear explanation.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

So gay police are welcome, but straight ones aren't..? That's not very inclusive is it?

What’s inclusive about homophobia at the Met allowing several young men to be murdered? What’s inclusive about young black wines being humiliated by the Met? What about stop and search used predominantly with black men not white? I could go on. No one is saying all police they’re saying the Met. "

Don't you see the irony in labelling something "institutionally" anything... Marching to well presumably demonstrate how inclusive pride is.. And then "institutionally" excluding a group of people.?

Reply privately

over a year ago

What’s inclusive about homophobia at the Met allowing several young men to be murdered? What’s inclusive about young black wines being humiliated by the Met? What about stop and search used predominantly with black men not white? I could go on. No one is saying all police they’re saying the Met.

Don't you see the irony in labelling something "institutionally" anything... Marching to well presumably demonstrate how inclusive pride is.. And then "institutionally" excluding a group of people.? "

Pride isn’t a global one world umbrella so I don’t see what your point is. You are using inclusivity in a sense which does not and has never applied to Pride. Pride is there to celebrate, remember what it took to get here, remember those we lost on the way. It’s inclusive of those who share our values and support the lgbt community. It’s not a big tent in which every view is welcome regardless of whether they are supportive or demonstrably hostile.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"This sounds like Pride don't want the Met to pinkwash over their problems and raises the profile of what many on the community see as an issue.

And it works.

Or course induaks themselves are welcome to attend in civvies. Just not uniform (unless at work).

But the institution is not welcome.

"

I'm trying to understand what you've written...

So police are welcome in civvies.

And police are welcome in uniform if they are working?

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"A complete own goal by pride, in my opinion.

Totally missing the opportunity to showcase the diversity and inclusivity of the event and community.

It smacks of throwing part of your group under the bus, for the organisers own political platform.

Hypocrisy at its finest! PRIDE, a celebration a coming together and highlighting LGBTQ+ rights has now become, demands by the LGBTQ+ community to cancel their own due to profession. "

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"We are all aware of the dysfunctional operations with police. I concur with the majority not all police officers come under the category of bigotry behaviour etc.

However, I have to consider the government role of reducing police officers on the streets and reducing their funding. Its not surprising this equals to chaos. "

May be true but has zero to do with the hypocrisy of the organisation excluding a group of people from a pride march. There could be a million police in the Met and they'd all be excluded.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

So at what point do you let the Chiefs men back in. Do you suspend them for an arbitary 5 years or wait until they are out of special measures?

But once they are back in is it on licence until they fuck up another murder investigation of a gay victim. Incidentally.. I think it was just total incompetence and not bigotry that failed to link those poor souls found in the graveyard

Reply privately

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Siri, show me a willful misunderstanding of an issue...

Oooh I Love a bit of passive-aggressive condescension in the morning.

Would you care to explain that to me? Pretend like I am a simpleton, to make it easy for yourself (touché). I will have my notebook and pen ready and promise to take notes. Waiting in anticipation and running on a book on you not giving a clear explanation. "

Chill, Will, please. I thought it was quite a good joke for pre-9am!

I don't do arguments on here, but you know full well you were being facetious with the "one homophobic person at Apple" thing. It's because you're obviously not a simpleton that your post was disappointing, and in my view, unfair to the issue. There are real problems of homophobia in the Met and if the organisers decide this this is one way of highlighting this, that's up to them. No-one is saying all policemen are homophobic and I'm sure the vast majority are not, but if we want a sweeping generalisation, one bad apple and all that...

But I do still like your pink jacket.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Don't you see the irony in labelling something "institutionally" anything... Marching to well presumably demonstrate how inclusive pride is.. And then "institutionally" excluding a group of people.?

Pride isn’t a global one world umbrella so I don’t see what your point is. You are using inclusivity in a sense which does not and has never applied to Pride. Pride is there to celebrate, remember what it took to get here, remember those we lost on the way. It’s inclusive of those who share our values and support the lgbt community. It’s not a big tent in which every view is welcome regardless of whether they are supportive or demonstrably hostile. "

Love it. The hypocrisy is laughable. Enjoy your pride march..and keep on building those walls.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Pride isn’t a global one world umbrella so I don’t see what your point is. You are using inclusivity in a sense which does not and has never applied to Pride. Pride is there to celebrate, remember what it took to get here, remember those we lost on the way. It’s inclusive of those who share our values and support the lgbt community. It’s not a big tent in which every view is welcome regardless of whether they are supportive or demonstrably hostile.

Love it. The hypocrisy is laughable. Enjoy your pride march..and keep on building those walls. "

Should the Labour Party include Tories because they are an inclusive organisation? Should the Labour Party have kept snti-semites to be an inclusive organisation?

It’s not hypocrisy. It simply isn’t. You might disagree with a group representing its own interests that’s fine, but it’s not hypocrisy by any definition of that word.

Reply privately

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Should then events in general beable to go ahead without security?

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Love it. The hypocrisy is laughable. Enjoy your pride march..and keep on building those walls.

Should the Labour Party include Tories because they are an inclusive organisation? Should the Labour Party have kept snti-semites to be an inclusive organisation?

It’s not hypocrisy. It simply isn’t. You might disagree with a group representing its own interests that’s fine, but it’s not hypocrisy by any definition of that word.

"

If a gay met police officer wanted to join the march in uniform to promote awareness that LBGT exists within the ranks of the Met. Why would you be against that freedom of expression?

Is insisting they remove their professional identity discrimination and a denial of their freedom of choice, the very same discrimination that the LGBT community fight against and the freedoms they fight for? Is that not what PRIDE is a celebration of rights?

Reply privately

By *1bttmMan
over a year ago

Shoreditch east London

No plus there are loads of gay police officers.

Reply privately

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I can understand their reasoning for not wanting the police to March due to failings within the force.

However, surely to have the police officers marching with their community is also acceptable. Why exclude part of your own community because of the career they chose because a handful of officers think differently in the force. They need to be in the force as do other groups, to help bring about change and tough as it maybe for them, it forces the bad apples to the surface to be dealt with.

Excluding or hiding who you are will never help beat prejudice

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

"I can understand their reasoning for not wanting the police to March due to failings within the force.

However, surely to have the police officers marching with their community is also acceptable. Why exclude part of your own community because of the career they chose because a handful of officers think differently in the force. They need to be in the force as do other groups, to help bring about change and tough as it maybe for them, it forces the bad apples to the surface to be dealt with.

Excluding or hiding who you are will never help beat prejudice "

Spot on

Reply privately

over a year ago

If a gay met police officer wanted to join the march in uniform to promote awareness that LBGT exists within the ranks of the Met. Why would you be against that freedom of expression?

Is insisting they remove their professional identity discrimination and a denial of their freedom of choice, the very same discrimination that the LGBT community fight against and the freedoms they fight for? Is that not what PRIDE is a celebration of rights?"

No one is excluding gay police or police who identity as supporters. The issue - as has been said multiple times - is with the institution. Individual police officers who aren’t on the day representing the Met will be as welcome as they always are gay or not. But the Met as a police force had lost trust from the wider community not just the lgbt one and needs to listen that it has to sort its house out. Cressida Dick gong was a start but it didn’t solve the entrenched problems which even the Met itself concedes it has.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Seems as time goes on there is much more attempts at gate keeping Pride.

Reply privately

By *mbroMan
over a year ago

vancouver

The coverage has been very clear it’s uniformed police (who would be representing the Met by virtue of wearing their uniform) aren’t welcome. Individuals who work for the police are clearly welcome to come in a civilian capacity. I don’t see what doesn’t make sense in that to some of you.

And to say it isn’t inclusive you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about when it comes to pride - organisations are very different to individuals.

Reply privately

over a year ago

People need to keep perspective. "

I saw this quoted and assumed the last sentence was a reply to the top paragraphs. No, it was strawmanesque rant followed by a call for perspective. Brilliant

Reply privately

over a year ago

What would be interesting is to hear the views of affected Met officers.

I don't know if the force they are in feels like the force that the watchdog reports have portrayed.

And if it does, would they see them being photographed in their uniform at Pride as being a positive for the force, or pinkwashing (?? washing or whatever the right wash is)

Reply privately

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"What would be interesting is to hear the views of affected Met officers.

I don't know if the force they are in feels like the force that the watchdog reports have portrayed.

And if it does, would they see them being photographed in their uniform at Pride as being a positive for the force, or pinkwashing (?? washing or whatever the right wash is)"

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"The coverage has been very clear it’s uniformed police (who would be representing the Met by virtue of wearing their uniform) aren’t welcome. Individuals who work for the police are clearly welcome to come in a civilian capacity. I don’t see what doesn’t make sense in that to some of you.

And to say it isn’t inclusive you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about when it comes to pride - organisations are very different to individuals."

Oh the irony

Reply privately

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Gay up the bill…

Now nicknamed the Jill.

The Sweeney - the Sweetie

Scotland Yard - Chiffon Yard

The cops - the fops

Blues and twos - matching socks and shoes

Reply privately

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I was about to say something similar. I know a few police officers & they are gay/lesbian. We need more officers like them

Reply privately

By *uzie69xTV/TS
over a year ago

Maidstone

"Amazing how many people don't get the diferrence between institution and individual

"

Well this is Social Media isn't it... Where people come to spout their blind prejudices and don't bother educating themselves by actually reading the other view...

Reply privately

By *uzie69xTV/TS
over a year ago

Maidstone

"The coverage has been very clear it’s uniformed police (who would be representing the Met by virtue of wearing their uniform) aren’t welcome. Individuals who work for the police are clearly welcome to come in a civilian capacity. I don’t see what doesn’t make sense in that to some of you.

And to say it isn’t inclusive you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about when it comes to pride - organisations are very different to individuals."

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

And to say it isn’t inclusive you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about when it comes to pride - organisations are very different to individuals.

"

Unless its the police and policemen/women I guess?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

This is like a can of worms on reverse..

What's going to happen on the day..?

Reply privately

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

Weird as not long ago the gay community was saying the exact same about the organisation behind Pride.

C

Reply privately

By *ainbow_RoadWoman
over a year ago

Brighton

Pride is a protest.

police can get fucked. Not in the good way

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Pride is a protest ?

Reply privately

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

Well, the Met Police is institutionally homophobic as an organisation (and racist and misogynistic..), so the Organisers aren’t going to welcome them because it would be massively hypocritical

Reply privately

over a year ago

Weird as not long ago the gay community was saying the exact same about the organisation behind Pride.

C"

Reply privately

By *ainbow_RoadWoman
over a year ago

Brighton

"Pride is a protest ?"

Yes.

Reply privately

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"I can understand their reasoning for not wanting the police to March due to failings within the force.

Excluding or hiding who you are will never help beat prejudice

Spot on "

This for ne too

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

The very first PRIDE ever was a protest against Police Brutality.

Being a Police Officer is a Career, they can take that off at the end of the day, being a member of the LGBTQIA+ is not a choice.

The only thing that is being banned is Police Uniform IN the parade.

Not people.

Reply privately

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

I was about to say something similar. I know a few police officers & they are gay/lesbian. We need more officers like them "

Same here, I have a few contacts in the police including gay policeman, and although there are one or two have their heads up their own arses, never mind some guys bell end, most are okay. Too many people lable beat police officers, and the traffic boys as being a representation of the police in general. They only take up a small percentage of a police force budget. One gay officer I know very well actually takes computers apart looking for incriminating evidence on pedos, and other low life. Whenever I have a problem with the computer, he's the man I call on, and sat next to me whilst showing me where I'm going wrong, that lad has never made any improper suggestions. So don't lable all police as homophobic.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

What's going on here guys ?

Reply privately

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"What's going on here guys ?"

Scroll up. It's all over the thread

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Sharpey, lots of agendas here...

Wake up Peoples

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sharpey, lots of agendas here...

Wake up Peoples "

shouldnt that be sheeples.

Of course the is an agenda. Always is. What's yours Tom?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I can understand why they don't want the Met police in uniform there, but I really don't think they can do anything about it. It's in a public place and the police are there to protect the public. I guess a simple solution would be to bus in coppers on overtime from the surrounding counties' forces.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Tom just reports the news..

Simples

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Tom just reports the news..

Simples "

if only that were true my friend!

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Simples if only that were true my friend!"

It's all over the news my friend

Reply privately

over a year ago

Simples if only that were true my friend!

It's all over the news my friend "

I don't disagree Yiu report the news. It's not just what you do... and the forum is better for it

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"I can understand why they don't want the Met police in uniform there, but I really don't think they can do anything about it. It's in a public place and the police are there to protect the public. I guess a simple solution would be to bus in coppers on overtime from the surrounding counties' forces."

it isn't that they don't want the police there. That is unrealistic.

They don't want Police Officers In uniform as part of the actual parade

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Tom just reports the news..

Some dislike him for it...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I can understand why they don't want the Met police in uniform there, but I really don't think they can do anything about it. It's in a public place and the police are there to protect the public. I guess a simple solution would be to bus in coppers on overtime from the surrounding counties' forces.

it isn't that they don't want the police there. That is unrealistic.

They don't want Police Officers In uniform as part of the actual parade"

I did mention uniformed officers in my post, but Tatchell just specified Met officers. Again, being "part of the parade" just means walking down a public road at the same time as other people, who may or may not be in a parade. I still don't think they have a legal right to insist on that. I hope the Met police are sympathetic to the request though.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I wonder if this is a watershed moment.. no coppers ever at pride again in the parade ...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I wonder if this is a watershed moment.. no coppers ever at pride again in the parade ..."

No, I just read a very recent article that says that the Met police won't march in uniform, they're just sending plain-clothes coppers in. So, a win for Pride

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Plain clothes ?

Reply privately

By *ustauseerTV/TS
over a year ago

sedgemoor

If you don’t understand why the uniform of the met isn’t welcome at pride, I’d suggest asking to help understand why.

I’d also suggest more context is given in the first comment with a thread like this. Not everyone is aware of things like the institutional issues of the met and we can help provide that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Plain clothes ? "

Well, maybe just a sequin or two

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"If you don’t understand why the uniform of the met isn’t welcome at pride, I’d suggest asking to help understand why.

I’d also suggest more context is given in the first comment with a thread like this. Not everyone is aware of things like the institutional issues of the met and we can help provide that. "

So ban the buggers ?

For how long..?

One year or three or more ?

Reply privately

By *he Artful TodgerMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire but travel

Of course they are. The Met needs to sort its house out but let’s not demonise all the good cops. "

So playing devils advocate, in stating the police / Met are not welcome you are in fact doing exactly they, labelling the whole organisation..

Reply privately

By *ustauseerTV/TS
over a year ago

sedgemoor

"If you don’t understand why the uniform of the met isn’t welcome at pride, I’d suggest asking to help understand why.

I’d also suggest more context is given in the first comment with a thread like this. Not everyone is aware of things like the institutional issues of the met and we can help provide that.

So ban the buggers ?

For how long..?

One year or three or more ?"

This thread title is wonderfully inaccurate. Google the sitatuon, the first result is ‘Uniformed police not welcome at Pride in London, say organisers’

Then you ask, but why, then, you learn something.

In answer to your question, until such time as they show that their behaviour and attitudes have changed.

Reply privately

By *inkywife1981Couple
over a year ago

A town near you

In the past couple of days a guy in Norway killed a couple of people in a gay bar in what was a hate crime committed by a suspected Islamic state inspired individual. Might be handy to have cops there in case any one gets the idea of attacking pride

Reply privately

over a year ago

would they welcome gay/lesbian/etc police officers in the Met? They do have them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And if something terrible happened all the LGBTQ (and posssibly all the other letters of the alphabet) community would be screaming

"Where were the Police"

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

This is the statement from London Pride.

In a statement, Pride in London said: “We work hard to strike a balance between the very real and legitimate concerns from members of our community, and being as welcoming as we can. We agree that the police uniform undermines that balance, and as such we are aligned that it should not feature in our parade.”

or No Uniforms IN THE PARADE

Reply privately

By *issalignedTV/TS
over a year ago

London

What’s inclusive about homophobia at the Met allowing several young men to be murdered? What’s inclusive about young black wines being humiliated by the Met? What about stop and search used predominantly with black men not white? I could go on. No one is saying all police they’re saying the Met. "

Reply privately

By *issalignedTV/TS
over a year ago

London

It’s not a parade , it’s supposed to be a march. To show that being gay / bi or whatever you are is nothing to hide / be ashamed of. The thing that cracks me up the most this year is the cars on the Uber app turned rainbow. Those are the first ones that would turn my job down or not pick me up from a certain street in soho.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

So, are we saying that PC Plod can police the event but not take part?

Perhaps the Chief of Police has other ideas and bans his policemen from taking part..

Then do The Pride Police take the moral high ground and ask where the buggers are next year?

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"So, are we saying that PC Plod can police the event but not take part?

Perhaps the Chief of Police has other ideas and bans his policemen from taking part..

Then do The Pride Police take the moral high ground and ask where the buggers are next year?

"

Again, NO

Any Police officer can take part in the parade, they just cannot do it IN UNIFORM, the uniform is what is unwelcome in the parade.

Reply privately

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

I don't get the whole gay pride thing, I don't get the Met Police thing either.

They should all grow up and stay at home and read a book.

F1 qualifying today yippee.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Can you imagine any other organisation telling the police they can't come and police their march / event? The climate folks as one example. Blm as another.... No police.. You can't police us. Strange times indeed. Let's hope it goes off peacefully.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Well, I say good luck to them. I doubt the police will listen. And for good reason, because if anything bad goes down it’ll be the police called to sort it.

They’ll cry if the police turn up

They’ll cry if the police aren’t there to protect them when they need it

Can’t win with some people

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Can you imagine any other organisation telling the police they can't come and police their march / event? The climate folks as one example. Blm as another.... No police.. You can't police us. Strange times indeed. Let's hope it goes off peacefully. "
other than one small group, that is not what they saying. They are saying they don't want the police to join in, when in uniform. Do their job try and allign their "brand" with pride .... No.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

The Met has had substantial homophobic behaviour, amongst other systemic abuse, that hss degraded the quality and rven existence of life for much too long. The Dick in charge was a smooth political operator, who didn't stamp out, but let prejudicial policing flourish.

It's tough for many minorities, where such abuse has prospered for too long.

An event with equality at its heart is the central relevant place that such issues can be highlighted. People have needlessly died and had their lives degraded, due to systemic abuse sustained from the top.

Reply privately

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It is not the People that are an issue, it is the organisation.

The Met have in the past had small groups wearing their uniforms with extra rainbow "adornments" effectively representing The Metropolitan Police. This is what the organisers of PRIDE have said they are not happy with.

Anyone is welcome to march regardless of their sexuality or job, but The Met can not apply to submit an official representation.

Cal

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

The police themselves say they have problems with racism, misogyny and homophobia and have said they are working to tackle it. I'm not sure why it's always a controversial thing to say when they say it themselves.

As for not having the police at pride, they mean they can't march as part of the parade in uniform representing the police service. Again, is it surprising to not want an organisation represented that admit themselves that they have issues with institutional homophobia? Police officers can still attend or join the parade as individuals. Police will also still be working at the event.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Can you imagine any other organisation telling the police they can't come and police their march / event? The climate folks as one example. Blm as another.... No police.. You can't police us. Strange times indeed. Let's hope it goes off peacefully. "

The are policing the event. They just aren't having a "Met police" segment in the parade. Two different things.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

The situation is pretty much a carbon copy of how the police were asked not to take part in the NYC pride over the last 2 years.

The cynic in me would say Tacthell's political activism has spotted an excellent opportunity to repeat the NYC ban during the 50th anniversary, and who minds a few of your own thrown under the bus for such attention. After all, having real LGBT police officers in uniform, marching along with their friends doesn't highlight the Met's homophobic ways.

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"The situation is pretty much a carbon copy of how the police were asked not to take part in the NYC pride over the last 2 years.

The cynic in me would say Tacthell's political activism has spotted an excellent opportunity to repeat the NYC ban during the 50th anniversary, and who minds a few of your own thrown under the bus for such attention. After all, having real LGBT police officers in uniform, marching along with their friends doesn't highlight the Met's homophobic ways.

"

Explain to me how ANYONE gets thrown under the bus, when no PEOPLE are excluded, just fabric in specific arrangements aka uniforms?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The situation is pretty much a carbon copy of how the police were asked not to take part in the NYC pride over the last 2 years.

"

who is thrown under the bus here ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Media scum more like

Reply privately

By *ealthy_and_HungMan
over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

"Organisers saying that they are not welcoming Met Police in the Pride march"

and nobody is surprised either to be fair

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Explain to me how ANYONE gets thrown under the bus, when no PEOPLE are excluded, just fabric in specific arrangements aka uniforms?"

So what's the point of excluding fabric in specific arrangements?

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Explain to me how ANYONE gets thrown under the bus, when no PEOPLE are excluded, just fabric in specific arrangements aka uniforms?"

If a police officer being part of the LBGT community, who wanted to march in uniform to make a point, would they feel that choice was taken away from them.

Reply privately

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

No more “Ello, ello what’s going on here then..?”

Could be

“Ohh hello babes. You look suspicious …what are you into by the way..?”

Reply privately

over a year ago

We don’t want homophobic police at Pride. That’s what’s going on. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've tried to find some lgbt police views...

A couole are: feels like I can't display my sexuality in my job, it's like going back in the closet

Allows dinosaurs to trooe.out "it's not very inclusive" line

Adds to anti police rhetoric prevalent on certain groups.

So, while I get the motivation here, id take the experiences and opinions of officers over political types talking on their behalf. It's not a great move.

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

Explain to me how ANYONE gets thrown under the bus, when no PEOPLE are excluded, just fabric in specific arrangements aka uniforms?

If a police officer being part of the LBGT community, who wanted to march in uniform to make a point, would they feel that choice was taken away from them.

"

What point, that they work for an organisation that actively harms their community?

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"I've tried to find some lgbt police views...

A couole are: feels like I can't display my sexuality in my job, it's like going back in the closet

So, while I get the motivation here, id take the experiences and opinions of officers over political types talking on their behalf. It's not a great move. "

What I read here is you are more concerned with what the police feel than what the LGBTQIA+ feel.

Given Pride is NOT a Police event, I couldn't give a fuck how they feel about it.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 02/07/22 12:47:41]

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

What point, that they work for an organisation that actively harms their community?"

The point that they are also part of the LGBT community and a police officer marching in solidarity.

That is a strong message from those officers, but one that doesn't fit the activists narrative, maybe? What do you think?

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

So, while I get the motivation here, id take the experiences and opinions of officers over political types talking on their behalf. It's not a great move.

What I read here is you are more concerned with what the police feel than what the LGBTQIA+ feel.

Given Pride is NOT a Police event, I couldn't give a fuck how they feel about it."

You have read that wrong then... He clearly said opinions of LGBT police officers.

Reply privately

By *6travellerMan
over a year ago

Tayside, Midlands and Chester

About time all this shouting and marching for what people are is stopped. You don't see straight and proud of it marches etc. FFS just be and do what you want but stop banging on about it. 0.06 percent of the UK population! Grow up and and take on board most folk don't care what you are or what your lifestyle is.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And if something terrible happened all the LGBTQ (and posssibly all the other letters of the alphabet) community would be screaming

"Where were the Police" "

not really, since often we hear the Police to have a tendency to turn up after the crime has been committed, seldom are they ever there when you need them to help prevent...!

always seems to be after the event...!

and a definite need to improve their attitude and services to the public in general and not discriminate, because they do...

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"The point that they are also part of the LGBT community and a police officer marching in solidarity.

That is a strong message from those officers, but one that doesn't fit the activists narrative, maybe? What do you think?

"

I think the voice of the community matters more than the individual. The community doesn't want the police to march in uniform.

The let down of not wearing the uniform in the parade is NOTHING compared to the systemic violence, disproportionate arrests and bigotry that the LGBTQIA+ face from the MET and other police forces.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

"The point that they are also part of the LGBT community and a police officer marching in solidarity.

I think the voice of the community matters more than the individual. The community doesn't want the police to march in uniform.

The let down of not wearing the uniform in the parade is NOTHING compared to the systemic violence, disproportionate arrests and bigotry that the LGBTQIA+ face from the MET and other police forces."

Do you believe it is the community or Tatchell driving the community?

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"About time all this shouting and marching for what people are is stopped. You don't see straight and proud of it marches etc. FFS just be and do what you want but stop banging on about it. 0.06 percent of the UK population! Grow up and and take on board most folk don't care what you are or what your lifestyle is. "

Do you genuinely think that only 0.06% of the country is LGBTQIA+?

There are More T than that (1%)

There are more I than that (1.6%)

There are more L, G, & B (2.7%)

And that doesnt even touch the Q & the A or the +

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

The let down of not wearing the uniform in the parade is NOTHING compared to the systemic violence, disproportionate arrests and bigotry that the LGBTQIA+ face from the MET and other police forces.

Do you believe it is the community or Tatchell driving the community? "

Does it matter what I answer? You are just going to move on to another What About, aren't you?

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Do you believe it is the community or Tatchell driving the community?

Does it matter what I answer? You are just going to move on to another What About, aren't you?"

I'm not sure I would, as you offered no opinion

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

One thing that is apparent. This thread shows why we still NEED Pride events.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"One thing that is apparent. This thread shows why we still NEED Pride events."

You may need it. I think if they do happen. Probably best that they are as inclusive as can be though

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"One thing that is apparent. This thread shows why we still NEED Pride events.

You may need it. I think if they do happen. Probably best that they are as inclusive as can be though "

Not allowing a uniform is not being exclusive. Especially when that uniform represents a historic and direct threat to the LGBTQIA+.

But prove my point about the need of more Pride even more.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

You may need it. I think if they do happen. Probably best that they are as inclusive as can be though

Not allowing a uniform is not being exclusive. Especially when that uniform represents a historic and direct threat to the LGBTQIA+.

But prove my point about the need of more Pride even more."

At what point do you think Pride will not be needed?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Given Pride is NOT a Police event, I couldn't give a fuck how they feel about it."

this is from lbgt police officers. That may not have been clear, although I did say. Be interested in your thoughts now this is cleared up. For me, I tend to put more on those more directly affected.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/07/22 13:54:12]

Reply privately

By *ealthy_and_HungMan
over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

this appears not be about police officers of any particular disposition, but about the organisation that we know as the MET. an organisation that has been exposed as institutionaly bigoted in many ways and is refusing to change itself. it's no surprise that the organisers of pride are expressing their dismay by asking for individuals not to attend in MET uniform. perhaps the exclusion will help the institution to finally implement the reforms it so desperately needs or even disband and be replaced with an organisation which is actually fit for purpose in the 21st century. we are policed by consent allegedly, and the LGBTQ+ community are expressing that consent and are entitled to do so.

Reply privately

By *6travellerMan
over a year ago

"About time all this shouting and marching for what people are is stopped. You don't see straight and proud of it marches etc. FFS just be and do what you want but stop banging on about it. 0.06 percent of the UK population! Grow up and and take on board most folk don't care what you are or what your lifestyle is.

"

Reply privately

By *6travellerMan
over a year ago

"About time all this shouting and marching for what people are is stopped. You don't see straight and proud of it marches etc. FFS just be and do what you want but stop banging on about it. 0.06 percent of the UK population! Grow up and and take on board most folk don't care what you are or what your lifestyle is.

"

You are wrong look at the latest office of national statistics figures.

However, whatever the numbers who cares. Just stop going on about it. The portrait of society make-up is so distorted in the UK, I personally am fed up of it. Look for yourself at the make up of the UK. It is NOT what the media, especially adverts and the BBC make it out to be.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You are wrong look at the latest office of national statistics figures.

However, whatever the numbers who cares. Just stop going on about it. The portrait of society make-up is so distorted in the UK, I personally am fed up of it. Look for yourself at the make up of the UK. It is NOT what the media, especially adverts and the BBC make it out to be. "

3.1pc as LBG. That is 50x more than your number. Their number above is 2019. We now have 2020. Where did you get yours from ... ?

I don't know what the BBC and adverts make it out to be. But there is artistic license there I imagine. If I'm writing eastenders I probably don't have 30 relationships to work with.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/culturalidentity/sexuality

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"3.1pc as LBG. That is 50x more than your number. Their number above is 2019. We now have 2020. Where did you get yours from ... ?

I don't know what the BBC and adverts make it out to be. But there is artistic license there I imagine. If I'm writing eastenders I probably don't have 30 relationships to work with.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/culturalidentity/sexuality"

This also only factors in people who have found themselves and are out. The number will actually be higher.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"3.1pc as LBG. That is 50x more than your number. Their number above is 2019. We now have 2020. Where did you get yours from ... ?

This also only factors in people who have found themselves and are out. The number will actually be higher."

I agree. That's why it's increasing so much in the space of a year. Until the last few years I'd put straight down, largely because I don think bi quite works for me. Now I out bi as it's important to me that I'm included in a non straight demographic even if the label doesn't quite work.

But when one is 50x out, us debating rate of change is kinda academic. I'm stil intrigued where 0.06pc came from (1 in 5,000 if my maths is correct). I blame the BBC.

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

This also only factors in people who have found themselves and are out. The number will actually be higher.

I agree. That's why it's increasing so much in the space of a year. Until the last few years I'd put straight down, largely because I don think bi quite works for me. Now I out bi as it's important to me that I'm included in a non straight demographic even if the label doesn't quite work.

But when one is 50x out, us debating rate of change is kinda academic. I'm stil intrigued where 0.06pc came from (1 in 5,000 if my maths is correct). I blame the BBC. "

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if the actual statistic for LGBTQIA+ people being in the region of 10-15%

And yeah that 0.06% is a baffling number.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

But when one is 50x out, us debating rate of change is kinda academic. I'm stil intrigued where 0.06pc came from (1 in 5,000 if my maths is correct). I blame the BBC.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if the actual statistic for LGBTQIA+ people being in the region of 10-15%

And yeah that 0.06% is a baffling number."

I would treble that number.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And yeah that 0.06% is a baffling number.

I would treble that number. "

which ?

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

But prove my point about the need of more Pride even more."

It's a twee line. But why is pride needed.? And in what way did what I say prove your point? It's nice hoe condescending you are. Must make you feel special.

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

It's a twee line. But why is pride needed.? And in what way did what I say prove your point? It's nice hoe condescending you are. Must make you feel special. "

The fact you are placing the desire to wear a uniform, over the damage that uniform represents to a community.

I find it interesting how quickly people jump to accusing femme presenting folx as being condescending when they stand up for themselves/what they beleive though.

Reply privately

By *ustauseerTV/TS
over a year ago

sedgemoor

It's a twee line. But why is pride needed.? And in what way did what I say prove your point? It's nice hoe condescending you are. Must make you feel special. "

Inclusion does not mean tolerance for intolerant actions.

Your misinterpret the idea of tolerance with the idea that anyone can be at pride. That is not the point of Pride at all.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

It's a twee line. But why is pride needed.? And in what way did what I say prove your point? It's nice hoe condescending you are. Must make you feel special.

The fact you are placing the desire to wear a uniform, over the damage that uniform represents to a community.

I find it interesting how quickly people jump to accusing femme presenting folx as being condescending when they stand up for themselves/what they beleive though."

So you haven't answered my question... You say pride is needed. Why is pride needed and what did I write that proved it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nothing is going on

If you’re homophobic or transphobic The Pride event is not the place for you ‘nuff said

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

What's actually going on here guys?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just putting the cat among the pigeons......

The police should only be at a pride event, in a professional capacity.

Not dancing around with a load of Nancyboys and girls

Reply privately

By *JB1954Man
over a year ago

Reading

A thought for everyone . If there are two males , two females in front that you can see. In a uniform of any description or just in everyday cloths . Can anyone on here actually say they can say which is the male / female who is in any of the, to make it simple rainbow group ? .

I have relatives that are in the police and relatives that are as I will say in rainbow group.

The reason I am saying rainbow group as it is very far reaching . ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"About time all this shouting and marching for what people are is stopped. You don't see straight and proud of it marches etc. FFS just be and do what you want but stop banging on about it. 0.06 percent of the UK population! Grow up and and take on board most folk don't care what you are or what your lifestyle is. "

This!

Reply privately

over a year ago

This! "

Exactly

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

This!

Exactly "

Did you all miss how this is a blatantly incorrect statistic. and this minimising behaviour is exactly why we need more Pride events

Reply privately

By *jorkishMan
over a year ago

Seaforth

This!

Exactly

Did you all miss how this is a blatantly incorrect statistic. and this minimising behaviour is exactly why we need more Pride events"

Reply privately

By *ustauseerTV/TS
over a year ago

sedgemoor

I find it interesting how quickly people jump to accusing femme presenting folx as being condescending when they stand up for themselves/what they beleive though.

So you haven't answered my question... You say pride is needed. Why is pride needed and what did I write that proved it? "

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2015/10/5-reasons-why-prides-matter/

The fact that you don’t understand why pride is important is a position of privilege, trans people are still treated with loathing and contempt, same sex couples are still ostracised. We’re still treated as secondary citizens.

Reply privately

By *issalignedTV/TS
over a year ago

London

Just wondering if anyone is ever ashamed to tell folk they work with that they are straight…

Reply privately

over a year ago

Good Met Police not welcome at Pride everyone.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just wondering if anyone is ever ashamed to tell folk they work with that they are straight…"

Why would there be any need to tell a work colleague that information? Discussing which gender somebody has sex with is not an appropriate topic of conversation in the workplace. If you personally are ashamed by your sexuality, that's your hang-up, not theirs.

Reply privately