Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

that drawer

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Think most of us have one... you know where you just stuff things quickly out of the way and blissfully forget about it...

Well mine used to be a drawer in the kitchen but then it grew and i started to use an alcove shelf out the way in my front room. after 2 years ive finally cleared it and found all sorts of nic nacks.

Pair of daughters size 3 shoes, 4 light bulbs, countless bills, her poster paints, 2 colouring books, bottle of dettol cleaner, 4 pairs of scissors, my old house phone which i blamed squidge for misplacing (ooooops)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

My question is.. when did you last sort your junk storage out and what things did you find??

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

and a partridge in a pear tree

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I don't have a drawer like that.

I just have any space that can be hidden. I daren't open the doors on cubby hole above the left hand wardrobes. I'll be knocked unconscious!!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I have about 8 drawers like that lol mainly screwdrivers, old bills etc.....think I know what I am doing this weekend

over a year ago

I couldn't find my headphones the other day and I was considering tackling my junk drawer. I got as far as finding several paint brushes, my old cap badge, a comic relief red nose from god knows how many years ago, when I decided to just go and buy some new ones!

over a year ago

It started out as a safe place for arts n crafts stuff to prevent small hands decorating walls

then i just got lazy

still its all done now and its finally empty

over a year ago

Cheers sassy , now i feel like i gotta go and clear mine out! Still who knows what i'll find! x

over a year ago

"Cheers sassy , now i feel like i gotta go and clear mine out! Still who knows what i'll find! x"

its because IF i put my tree up i stick it on my dining table (sounds an odd place but it works for my front room arrangement) and this alcove formerly full of crap is right next to where id put the tree.. cant have a crap background when taking pics of the tree haha

By *onderlust76Woman
over a year ago

St helens

I found 11 phone charger in mine other week and none fit arrrr

over a year ago

I have a proper 'Michael McIntyre' man draw - old mobile, foreign currency, batteries that may/may not be dead - usual man crap! It's full - and I probably haven't even opened it in months.

And don't get me started on the boot of my car - apart from all the work stuff there's shoes, clothes, cans of red bull, a brand new black and decker car vac (still boxed, never used) and a kettle!

If I was ever rear ended on the motorway it would take longer to empty the boot than fix the car!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont really have one but i do have a "book" cupboard where stuff gets put. Not rubbish really but i keep saying im sorting it out, last time i did it i ended up throwing one whole book out lol and that was only cause it was damaged.

I reckon it would take a week to sort my books out.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"I have a proper 'Michael McIntyre' man draw - old mobile, foreign currency, batteries that may/may not be dead - usual man crap! It's full - and I probably haven't even opened it in months.

And don't get me started on the boot of my car - apart from all the work stuff there's shoes, clothes, cans of red bull, a brand new black and decker car vac (still boxed, never used) and a kettle!

If I was ever rear ended on the motorway it would take longer to empty the boot than fix the car!

"

obi your boot is a mobile car boot sale...lol

Post new Message to Thread