Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What were you like in school !

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As I was in care from a very young age had no choice but to go to school as was on the premises was not swot hated maths English history as I got older found myself in detention for various reasons fighting all the bully’s early morning strawberry picking absconding jumping a train to London three times reaching Dover once tried to get ferry to France got two months detention for that one and flagrant violations of what time I had to be in there was girls school up road

So question

How were you’re school days happy times or worst times

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Younger.

By *ade crossTV/TS
over a year ago

chiselhurst

Believe it not i was a jock and good academic at school.

And a good few knew i had good o and a levels

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Quiet, studious, loner

By *r. JoystickMan
over a year ago

SE London

I was a very good boy. Needy & good grades

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Painfully shy and quiet

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Under achiever who pratted about too much, bored most of the time and only did what I thought was enough..

over a year ago

Moody scrappy lazy rebelious class clown athlete who thought you could smash life on talent alone

over a year ago

I was a little shit at school. One of my teachers found me on Facebook a few months ago and told me I’m still spoken about in the staff room. Bet they couldn’t wait to get rid of me haha

By *heArrowsCouple
over a year ago

I liked to walk my own path. I loved music to a ridiculous extent.

I had issues with focus so I struggled with school.

I was smart enough to do well in exams but didn't have hard work ethic. Eventually I gathered friends and we are still close today

over a year ago

This is a fun thread did not mean to bring back any bad memories

To be honest have lot bad memories but stuff we used to get up to make you’re hair curl

Meant to be fun thread do apologize in advance if school was not happy for you

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Loved it. Always in detention. Always getting told off. Couldn’t keep my gob shut . I came out of it alright though . I knew to knuckle down when I had to. Some of the best years of my life.

By *utdooorsyguyMan
over a year ago

Salisbury

Haha worst times, I hated it with a passion, no one there I really got on with ..... But it helped me grow a thick skin and to deal with "real life".

If it hadn't been for my experiences then I wouldn't be who I am now out where I am in life at the moment

By *unguy30Man
over a year ago

London

Quiet done well in lessons and kept to myself but was also in school rugby team

over a year ago

Smoking

Ten No6 please mister

Womanising

Detention

Always

Fancying matron

Always

over a year ago

I was a good girl, always did ok, History and English were my best lessons, Maths the worst. I enjoyed School, never bunked off, rarely had sick days, never had many friends but that was ok. I just got on with it.

Then I moved to Norwich with my Mum, went to School there and just didn't fit in, got bullied for my Welsh accent, my clothes, my hair. Had some amazing teachers who really tried to help me, stopped the bullying and allowed me to do stuff I never got the opportunity to do like be involved in the drama group there.

I can remember getting a detention for 'back chat' the Geography teacher was trying to show the class where I came from and told the class Oswestry was Mid Wales, I said 'no, Miss, sorry. It's not. It's North Welsh Borders but in England' she had a shit fit nd gave me detention

By *wistedsaintMan
over a year ago

Hotel Near You

Never the most confident

More female friends than male

Some great life experiences and pushed me to where I am now

Found confidence as I left home and local town

over a year ago

"I was a good girl, always did ok, History and English were my best lessons, Maths the worst. I enjoyed School, never bunked off, rarely had sick days, never had many friends but that was ok. I just got on with it.

Then I moved to Norwich with my Mum, went to School there and just didn't fit in, got bullied for my Welsh accent, my clothes, my hair. Had some amazing teachers who really tried to help me, stopped the bullying and allowed me to do stuff I never got the opportunity to do like be involved in the drama group there.

I can remember getting a detention for 'back chat' the Geography teacher was trying to show the class where I came from and told the class Oswestry was Mid Wales, I said 'no, Miss, sorry. It's not. It's North Welsh Borders but in England' she had a shit fit nd gave me detention

"

Bit harsh for detention my care home was in Warrington must say now all my detention fully deserved as was always the one with gob and spoke my mind nothing changed there then getting away from that in work two days ago boss tried to make me feel small probably not the best thing to do got him on his own and said to him are you professional wanker or you just in training lol

Job prospects Zero

By *ttmcdguyTV/TS
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I was that disruptive kid that got thrown out of every lesson

The kid who your mum wouldn’t let you hang around with

Nowadays they cal it adhd

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

always in fkin trouble,,

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Probably described as a swot but was also on most sports teams. Enjoyed secondary school. Got pregnant in the final year *quelle scandal*

Mr KC was also very studious, quiet and got picked on, especially when he was younger

over a year ago

Day dreamer but plays well with others

over a year ago

Generally good, but got kicked out of A-level maths for a prolonged period, but I had a good defence for what I said!

IS

over a year ago

North West

"Generally good, but got kicked out of A-level maths for a prolonged period, but I had a good defence for what I said!

IS"

We got into trouble in A level Physics for flirting

By *lue_eyed_boy200Man
over a year ago

cottage

The guy who brought a back pack full of food rather than books

By *iromancergirl1Woman
over a year ago

bolton

I was the oldest in my year and also the class clown.

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Despite being sport mad and a bit of a lad who dodged as many classes as I could I got 9 O'Levels

over a year ago

"Generally good, but got kicked out of A-level maths for a prolonged period, but I had a good defence for what I said!

IS

We got into trouble in A level Physics for flirting "

I told the teacher it was like the blind leading the blind. I had good reason to say this (imho)

IS

By *aptain Caveman41Man
over a year ago

Home

Quite shy to be honest

over a year ago

Think the weirdest detention I every got was for climbing up a drain pipe opening the window locks and climbing back in the window teacher was in the room waiting for me detention what for ! Apart from it being 4am in morning what have I done wrong

You broke the drain pipe

over a year ago

North West

IS

We got into trouble in A level Physics for flirting

I told the teacher it was like the blind leading the blind. I had good reason to say this (imho)

IS"

We built a capacitor out of tin foil and tried to draw a map of the world from scratch (this didn't relate to physics!) I did also occasionally wear distracting tops that technically passed the rules

over a year ago

I was a little shit. my last two years of school I never really went

over a year ago

"I was a little shit. my last two years of school I never really went "

Too busy studying in library for life changing exam? You little brain box

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I was very very bad, but I loved English literature, design, tech , computer science and actually behaved in those classes got A* in them all.

By *ilverjagMan
over a year ago

swansea

I was the last of the dinosaurs living in one of the last areas in Britain to go comprehensive, so I was "A" stream of a secondary modern school. I was always the original naughty boy, with teachers wondering what I would get up to next, but for some strange reason they all liked me. When my old woodwork teacher proposed me for membership of a social organisation, he did say to me that it was often discussed in the staff room that they as teachers were fully aware that they were not dealing with potential Oxbridge graduates, or future rocket scientists, but one or two of us guys would find a niche that we were good at, and capitalise on it. I'm glad that I didn't let those teachers down who somehow saw something in me that I could even see myself.

Bye the way, I haven't smoked since I was the bog prefect. Even back then preparations were made for commercial trade. All vice, and anything else dodgy in school took place in bogs, where for a few fags to me, I turned a blind eye! Not one teacher had worked out that the guy who controlled the school was not the head boy, but the man who controlled the bogs, and that was me.

over a year ago

"I was a little shit. my last two years of school I never really went

Too busy studying in library for life changing exam? You little brain box "

Haha I wasn’t allowed in the library was far to loud

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Happy times. Good escapism for me. Loved it. I was nerdy, bordering on precocious but it made me feel like I was seen. Could do something, be someone. So I'd spend breaks in the library or music room or having extra Spanish lessons. Yeah, standard geek I guess, not original!

over a year ago

Another detention

Teacher threw a black board rubber hit me in arm was to busy gas bagging for science it bloody hurt so picked it up threw it back at him hit him in back of his head lol

He never did it again

Lesson learned by teacher

Don’t give

What you can’t take

Weeks detention followed by an extra two days got caught smoking in class he told me to put it out now

Told him to fuck off and I will put it out when finished lol he called me a little prick

Just told him be careful might go fuck you’re wife while you in work

over a year ago

By *lderflowerappleWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

Loner, bullied - by teachers as well as other students. Showed those fuckwit teachers by acing all my o'levels.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Think " The Inbetweeners "

By *illingdon_ladMan
over a year ago

Bicester

I think I was a typical teenage boy, I didn't know what a shower was but thought lynx would solve the problem. I had serious lack of confidence,had a fairly decent group of friends. Was awkward around girls (although I think a shower may have helped ) generally got on with the teaching staff apart from 1 English teacher who hated me (found out years later my aunt who was chair of governors at the time was trying to get her dismissed before I started at the school).

Thankfully I grew up and became a better person.

By *ndauntedMan
over a year ago

wilts

In the words of my GCSE geography teacher “a complete clown, but also an absolute diamond”. I like to think things haven’t changed too much.

over a year ago

Out of my thirteen years in Care homes I reckon I spent about four years in detention I must have been a right pain in the ass for teachers and authorities

When I look back now see my mum had no choice she had breast cancer at early age and a stroke father was violent alcoholic even before she passed on my twenty eighth birthday she was still saying she shouldn’t have let me go

Told her she had no choice and before she passed told her I loved her more than words can say

over a year ago

Lacked confidence, bullied and really struggled. However I wouldn’t change it as it only inspired me to be successful and I’ve worked hard at it.

Happiness is definitely the most important thing though and that’s what I would say to my younger self

By *orthernTruckerMan
over a year ago

Trucker (live in Newcastle)

I was a right little sh*t. Always in trouble, never got any work done, usual class clown, big flirt suspended loads and got to 16 with next to no gcse's. Grew up in a rough area and hung round with the wrong bunch.

16 joined the army and totally changed my life around. Glad I did, 3 of the lads I hung around with are in prison, I don't speak to them, but if I still did, I think I'd be there with them which isn't good.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

I was the person that always seemed to have an answer. I was generally unpopular, bullied mercilessly by friend and foe alike, and struggled to make friends. I hated school, but it's still better than having to go to work every day and have all the responsibility that comes with adulthood.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Bit of a geezer. Made up for what I lacked in height at the time in looking like Brian Harvey one minute to Liam Gallagher the next.

By *Cocksucker84Man
over a year ago

salford

Academic, effeminate and though I got a hard time up to the age of 13/14 for this I was very quick-witted and the lads who made comments lower down school were often reluctant to say anything as we got older.

over a year ago

I was complete computer, maths and Science geek, but lacked the attention span for most other subjects. Was also star athlete and in pretty every sports team while being quite awkward and introverted socially away from sports. Let's just say I was an odd kid

over a year ago

I was quiet and quirky.

Not the most academic and lacked confidence in way too many ways.

over a year ago

I liked school, I just wasn't particularly keen on the people in it.

Pxx

over a year ago

Could not stand it, I absolutely hated school and that’s putting it mildly. I used to say it all the time when I was there, that I can’t wait to get out. I think a lot of people were surprised because, I had a lot of friends, personally never been bullied by another pupil. Some teachers though that’s another story. Stood up for myself to some very power hungry nasty fuckers.

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

I quite enjoyed school, never bullied as I was one of the tallest when I went to high school and had lots of friends from both sides of the town, plus my cousin who was a year older was a bit of a fighter so the older kids knew better than to try anything lol

As for study I found most of it ok, I enjoyed maths the most, always had a thing for numbers, I did quite well in all subjects although probably could have done better if it wasn’t for the distraction of boys

Generally found it a fun time and only bunked off a couple of times, once to go a hair event which I had my hair highlighted, how I thought my mum wouldn’t notice is beyond me

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

I adored school & friends! It was like a day out for us! I wasn’t swotty but bright and kind of sailed through it all really. Maths was my best subject & I was absolutely shite at PE

I was polite & well behaved but a bit of a dick sometimes with an awful perm & braces

Mr was quiet, fairly academic & good at sports! Spent a lot of time using his school bag to hide a hard on !!!

By *asty tatsyMan
over a year ago

london

I was a bit of a nightmare in school, academically good but I loved being with mates and having a laugh. Teachers hated me

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

Quiet, tried to be invisible most of the time. I was one of the socially inept "bright" kids that had a breakdown in later school years.

P

By *ugarbearCouple
over a year ago

Tredegar

i was very naughty in school

over a year ago

I tolerated school. Lessons were fine, I kept my head down and answered what I could and when didn't really get involved with many others. Not exactly teacher's pet but preferred over most over the class. I hated exams (still do).

My Welsh teacher tried to send me down a set to do the lower graded paper (highest grade would have been a C), I blew her expectations out of the water when I got an A (still think they got it wrong somewhere since I couldn't speak Welsh properly, but I'm not complaining).

I used to get picked on, even had a few stones throw at me because I wouldn't fight back. The headteacher was swinging on the throwers heels when the students were kicked out because of it.

I did once get an after school in the last few weeks of my schooling, for walking outside the school grounds during our break. Various teachers had passed me and they didn't have a problem, the headteacher drove past me instant problem even if we never actually missed a lesson. Go figure.

over a year ago

I was good at PE football cricket from young age had growth spurt was 6 ft

Was a game teachers used to make us play at the time seemed harsh at the time even now when you went to this school you were assigned a number mine was thirty seven

At this game the whole school all fifty of us in PE kit one ball object of game last boy standing take the ball by whatever means possible no foul play kick the shins bollocks or clothes line only ever won once game was rollerball

So many injuries ambulance called on countless occasions teachers used to laugh about it

Got my own back on one occasion teacher was laughing with one of his colleagues decided to throw the ball at his head

He didn’t see it coming knocked spark out lol

37 detention no shit Sherlock lol

over a year ago

An utter piece of shit, total attention seeking nightmare who fucked off the whole experience in pursuit of hedonistic pleasures.

Nothings changed, im still the same.

By *ichaelJ1986Man
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

I was captain of the football, athletic and basketball team. I towed the line in class, but would sometimes push my luck. But I got on with everyone, and enjoyed my time at school

over a year ago

I enjoyed school. I found it easy, was outgoing & had plenty of friends and teachers liked me. Had the balance of being seen as a good student so I could get away with most things like dipping off for a cigarette during cross country etc!

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

described early on as 'Quite the laziest boy in the school', I received enough canings to ensure that I would never have any subsequent dalliance with BDSM.

I used to wear thick football shorts and also P.E. shorts in series (or should it be parallel) with my underpants to absorb some of the impact. At the time that seemed to impact on my 'growth' but later on the equine genes kicked in and I grew a beauty. Or maybe all the wanking under the desk and behind the bike sheds eenlarged it!

By *tarburst babydollMan
over a year ago

Dingwall

A lot of us girls went on strike in school over the right to wear trousers to school. Changed days now as it is usually skirts and dresses I wear

over a year ago

I enjoyed school simply because I was never there and I’m proof that education isn’t the be all end all on my second career now and proudly done bloody well

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Kept all my old school reports. I was quiet but hardworking. Have a lot of good memories and I am still in contact with friends from all schools I attended including the first.

over a year ago

Academic wise liked school and was studious

Friends wise was quite shy and hated it as regularly bullied

Rarely keep in touch with anyone from those days

over a year ago

"Quiet, tried to be invisible most of the time. I was one of the socially inept "bright" kids that had a breakdown in later school years.

P"

I could have written this myself.

over a year ago

I was a good boy.

over a year ago

Funnily enough never had problems making friends gents as well as lady’s

Do have lot friends still in Liverpool and surrounding still chat to them occasionally

When I get to match normally have good piss up in Liverpool followed by me falling asleep somewhere twats leave me as well so if you see a man asleep after a Saturday match probably on Sunday morning it’s probably me still sleeping it off

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

Thick. But I snapped out of it eventually.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

I was one of the quiet ones.

By *ormorantMan
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Spotty

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"Quiet, tried to be invisible most of the time. I was one of the socially inept "bright" kids that had a breakdown in later school years.

P

I could have written this myself."

School didn't do us any favours did it?

P

over a year ago

P

I could have written this myself.

School didn't do us any favours did it?

P"

School did not do me any favours far from it was traumatic event but looking back at what we were and what we are now only ever leads to one conclusion

Don’t let the twats break you

Stay strong always question

Never one of sheep never will be

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

I tried so very hard until 13/14 and realised I am quite thick and school was not for me and then left at 15 for a job..

Hard being dyslexic before it was cool like now....

over a year ago

Hated school with a vengeance, but no, I did not set it on fire, another kid did!

If it wasn't for my best mate at school, who helped keep me in, at least, a little line, and other things we learned. Who knows what would have become of me?

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Fat, spotty, ugly.

Same as now really

By *irtydevil666Man
over a year ago

bristol

A rebel......

over a year ago

Loner, quiet, shy and nerdy still am but trying to break the cycle.

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

Studious, Diligent, Confident.

I told the teachers which subjects I would be studying and which ones I wouldn't. I told them in very clear terms I wouldn't waste my time on subjects that held no interest to me, and would sooner spend that time in the study room on a subject that did, essentially double revision.

I avoided several subjects this way.

over a year ago

A complete twat ????

over a year ago

A cunt

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

Well some of My secondary school time... involved a spell in youth custody..so that probably tells you all you need to know..

Post new Message to Thread