Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

mixed feelings

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I normally love xmas but im not spending it at home this year. going away 2 weeks before and might not return til new year...

friends are already putting their tree and decs up (i know its november!!) but part of me wants to get all the decs up too else my home will remain undecorated this year..

I normally put mine up around the 10th dec.. but as stated im going away so to decorate the flat for 4 days then to come home and take it all down..

do i decorate early or not bother???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We would not bother if not here, christmas is not the same unless you have kids

over a year ago

Decorate with the help of your wee one ............... unless where u r going will have the decs up when u get there, christmas is for the kids - doesnt matter wot others in your street think ................ and have fun

By *upitersmileCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Just decorate small tree with your little one and don't bother with the room decorations x

over a year ago

"Decorate with the help of your wee one ............... unless where u r going will have the decs up when u get there, christmas is for the kids - doesnt matter wot others in your street think ................ and have fun "

My mum is leaving putting the xmas til me and my daughter arrive so we can all do it as a family

over a year ago

I don't bother if I am at home on my own.

However, I did decorate my tent when I went camping last Christmas to join in the festive spirit.

over a year ago

From the sounds of it you're not going to be at your place long enough to enjoy them and by the time you get back it will be time to take them down!

over a year ago

"From the sounds of it you're not going to be at your place long enough to enjoy them and by the time you get back it will be time to take them down!

"

thats the facts of it.. but i love crimbo and do have a child of almost 3

over a year ago

Aw definitely put them up

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I put my tree up on the first of Dec. If I didn't I wouldn't get to enjoy it as I almost never spend Christmas at mine.

I'll be away for most of December, so I'm even contemplating putting it up the last week of Nov!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well im going to sound a kill joy. but if your all going to do it with your mum, i wouldnt bother. If your not getting back until after new year youve only got to take them down again.

Your daughter will be surrounded by christmas and it may make it all the more exciting her helping with the decorations there, sort of kind of know shes going to be there for christmas.

Good luck with the two weeks with your mother. I love mine more than anything but one night is enough

over a year ago

Put them up early, mine go up on the first. Then your little one can enjoy them for longer before she can do it all over again x

over a year ago

"Well im going to sound a kill joy. but if your all going to do it with your mum, i wouldnt bother. If your not getting back until after new year youve only got to take them down again.

Your daughter will be surrounded by christmas and it may make it all the more exciting her helping with the decorations there, sort of kind of know shes going to be there for christmas.

Good luck with the two weeks with your mother. I love mine more than anything but one night is enough"

This is what I think, especially the one night

over a year ago

I'd not bother - but then i'm a grinchy 'bah humbug' type with no kids!

Seriously though - I wouldn't for two reasons.

1. You can leave your place neat, tidy and clean when you head to your mums and come back without the added job of taking all the decorations down. I always used to put clean sheets on the bed and tidy before I went on holiday as it was so much nicer to come back to.

2. When was the last time your mum and Squidge got to put the xmas decorations up together? It'll be great fun - you can go photo crazy and clog up facebook (and hopefully cause the whole system to meltdown forever! lol) and have fun as family. Putting yours up at home first will lessen the fun factor for her when you get to your mums!

over a year ago

I do it all week before and only have then up till day after new year.Real trees i like to make things different most years as can be same .

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

"From the sounds of it you're not going to be at your place long enough to enjoy them and by the time you get back it will be time to take them down!

thats the facts of it.. but i love crimbo and do have a child of almost 3"

Don;t forget the child within you too - that needs to be pampered sometimes.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I think if I had a child of almost 3 I would begin to build up the idea of Christmas away from home and not having decorations at home. Sit down together and make some decorations to take to Grandma's. Make a special one for Grandma to use every year and some that Squidge can have around her bed area whilst away.

After all that glitter play and make your flat will feel sparkly and Christmassy.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Going to be miserable now I get fed up with looking at the christmas tree etc for a couple of weeks.....let alone putting it up in November

Ours goes up around the 14th.

Our daughter has always loved going round to my parents and helping them decorate the tree and house and it's something that they enjoy and all look forward to.

over a year ago

Even though you're not going to be home I would still put up a few decorations with your daughter, maybe in her bedroom...

And make sure you have a sign to Santa dating that she will be at her grannies for Christmas, and to please deliver her presents there

over a year ago

Just put a few up just for you and lil one to share it together xx

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I think if I had a child of almost 3 I would begin to build up the idea of Christmas away from home and not having decorations at home. Sit down together and make some decorations to take to Grandma's. Make a special one for Grandma to use every year and some that Squidge can have around her bed area whilst away.

After all that glitter play and make your flat will feel sparkly and Christmassy."

Have to say this has changed my opinion!

Don't forget about making cards too - the earlier the better.

Put down a swingers fave, the asda cheap shower curtain , strip squidge to her undies, get out paint and glitter and cartridge paper and let her loose

Post new Message to Thread