Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Breastfeeding

Jump to newest

By *ackformore100 OP   Man
over a year ago

Tin town

So... Thoughts on this.?

Lady breastfeeding baby in sainsbury car park. Asked to stop because its inappropriate. Now she can't leave the house.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-61977754

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

What a shocking ridiculous experience that girl must have had....breast feeding surely must be the most natural activity that any mammalian mother does ...I really wonder what our society is coming to ...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Saw the report on the news, totally ridiculous attitude from the staff member..

Well out of order..

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It’s out of order breastfeeding is natural and if a baby is hungry they have to eat! Can’t let a baby go hungry.

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

This story happens occasionally.

It shouldn't, obviously, but it does.

Sainsburys will put out a statement saying they apologise and this is not policy.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

"This story happens occasionally.

Sainsburys will put out a statement saying they apologise and this is not policy.

"

What I don't understand is why on earth did the staff think it was any of their business intervening in the first place

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

What I don't understand is why on earth did the staff think it was any of their business intervening in the first place "

^^^This. It should never have happened. She was doing nothing wrong. I was picked on by someone when I was breastfeeding my son (I was 16) and yes, I can fully empathise with why she might feel unable or unwilling to take her baby out and about. It's fucking horrible for someone to come over to criticise you for feeding your child, who cannot and should not have to wait until you can lock yourself away in some godforsaken stinky changing room.

over a year ago

Tin town

"Saw the report on the news, totally ridiculous attitude from the staff member..

Well out of order.."

What's more surprising is the staff member was a female. You'd have expected them to have a bit more empathy.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Saw the report on the news, totally ridiculous attitude from the staff member..

Well out of order..

What's more surprising is the staff member was a female. You'd have expected them to have a bit more empathy. "

I know yes, really shitty behaviour..

over a year ago

Tin town

What I don't understand is why on earth did the staff think it was any of their business intervening in the first place "

I could understand it if it was in the fresh fish aisle but she was shut away in her car in the far park.

over a year ago

It's crazy that in this century there are still people who don't like this

over a year ago

What I don't understand is why on earth did the staff think it was any of their business intervening in the first place

I could understand it if it was in the fresh fish aisle but she was shut away in her car in the far park. "

Even if it was in the fresh fish aisle it’s nobody’s place to say anything. A baby is hungry, it needs to be fed. The same people getting annoyed at her breastfeeding would be the first to tut at a screaming child.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I could understand it if it was in the fresh fish aisle but she was shut away in her car in the far park. "

She would be just as entitled to breastfeed her baby in the fish aisle as in her car. I've seen far worse things in Sainsbury's than a tiny flash of areola.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

Well out of order..

What's more surprising is the staff member was a female. You'd have expected them to have a bit more empathy. "

Why?

Mr

over a year ago

How disgusting that these judgemental attitudes exist in 2022. Women have breastfed babies since before time, what on earth is the problem!!

over a year ago

Absolutely outrageous.

A mother should be able to breastfeed her baby anywhere.

over a year ago

It's actually an offence in Scotland to do this to a woman breastfeeding her child and you can be fined. I hope the mum gets an apology.

I breastfed mines everywhere, even walking the aisles in the supermarket when I had them in a sling.

You couldn't see anything anyway, unless you'd have been trying to prise their head away from my nip.

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Uk has appalling breastfeeding rates and this is partly why - puritanical busy bodies sticking their oar in I actually sincerely hope the staff member concerned got a real bollocking for this!

I had one incident of someone criticising when I was feeding my daughter weirdly in a well known baby items shop! It was a customer not a staff member though - also a woman to a pp who said they were surprised it was a woman having a go ime they can be the worst on this!

My response was “what the hell business is it of yours?!” My daughter needed fed so I fed her hardly shocking and certainly not “inappropriate” ffs

By *otBunsHunWoman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"So... Thoughts on this.?

Lady breastfeeding baby in sainsbury car park. Asked to stop because its inappropriate. Now she can't leave the house.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-61977754"

as a breastfeeding mother myself knowing that breastfeeding in public is protected here in the UK I'd have given them the middle finger.

Sad in this day and age that people still can't get their heads around the fact that boobs are for feeding babies.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

Chichester

Should have told the woman to hurry along and do her job stacking some shelves or something useful inside .. that she is paid for .

Post new Message to Thread