Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Good Manners is all it takes!

Jump to newest

By *arkchest OP   Couple
over a year ago

edinburgh

Why is it that people cant even be bothered to reply to messages these days. You send a nice message asking if they want to meet for a social drink like they say in their profile and ask if they can reply even if its to say no thanks. Are they timewasters or just downright bad mannered!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Either:-

a)not interested,

b)ill mannered

c)both a) and b),

d)not real

e)all of the above

over a year ago

"Either:-

a)not interested,

b)ill mannered

c)both a) and b),

d)not real

e)all of the above

"

over a year ago

I get dozens of nice messages every day, but very few match what I'm looking for so are deleted without reply and those who offer a lesson in manners ie have the cheek to point out that it's only good manners to send a reply either way are deleted first.

For the record in my book the bad manners belong to those who send the unsolicited messages asking for all manner of things when they have either not bothered to read my very clearly worded profile or chosen to ignore my stated preferences.

I don't think that makes me either bad mannered or a time waster...

over a year ago

And some people don't like to disappoint, so they say nothing.

over a year ago

It could be that you haven't read the profile and are not what they are looking for, so it's not likely they will reply ( this might not be the case) I'm just saying

over a year ago

"And some people don't like to disappoint, so they say nothing."

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

And some people who have given polite 'no thanks' in response are sick of the unending 'but why?' harassment.

over a year ago

Well if we had a message from you, the first thing we would do is check your profile.

No Pic's, not much info, and a verification from someone who met you several years ago on a different site. Not screaming fake, but not getting my attention either. So probably would just delete the message and read the next one.

Time is short in most peoples lives, and time to get out and play even more limited. So you have to give something that is reason enough for us to take time away from other things and give it to you.

Good luck, and hope it works out for you.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

Ooh goody, another reply thread

over a year ago

"And some people who have given polite 'no thanks' in response are sick of the unending 'but why?' harassment."

Yeah, and now that you've raised it, why did you turn us down!!!

over a year ago

"And some people who have given polite 'no thanks' in response are sick of the unending 'but why?' harassment."

+1

over a year ago

"And some people who have given polite 'no thanks' in response are sick of the unending 'but why?' harassment.

Yeah, and now that you've raised it, why did you turn us down!!! "

D'oh!!!

over a year ago

"Yeah, and now that you've raised it, why did you turn us down!!! "

Because you never invited us

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

Why's that then?

Sorry, I'll get me coat

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"Either:-

a)not interested,

b)ill mannered

c)both a) and b),

d)not real

e)all of the above

"

f) have gone to the shops and left themselves logged in.

g) like to see lots of unread emails in their inbox as it give them a sense of pride.

h) became distracted by a cloud that looked like the silhouette of Bruce Forsyth.

over a year ago

"Yeah, and now that you've raised it, why did you turn us down!!!

Because you never invited us "

Oh yeah

over a year ago

"

h) became distracted by a cloud that looked like the silhouette of Bruce Forsyth."

thought it looked more like that guy who did the sports show years ago...

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"

h) became distracted by a cloud that looked like the silhouette of Bruce Forsyth.

thought it looked more like that guy who did the sports show years ago..."

Yes or more commonly known as the Frank Bough-nimbus.

over a year ago

"

Yes or more commonly known as the Frank Bough-nimbus."

That's the one... now what was the question?

over a year ago

"

That's the one... now what was the question? "

What famous people have you seen in the sky lately. Do keep up, tuh!

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"

That's the one... now what was the question? "

Who cares! We got Frank Bough into a thread on here! FTW!!!

over a year ago

"Do keep up, tuh!"

Always did have the attention span of a... Oh look a shiny thing

over a year ago

"Why is it that people cant even be bothered to reply to messages these days. You send a nice message asking if they want to meet for a social drink like they say in their profile and ask if they can reply even if its to say no thanks. Are they timewasters or just downright bad mannered!!!"

People are busy, time is limited if they don't reply dont mail again as you have to assume you didn't interest them.

over a year ago

"

Who cares! We got Frank Bough into a thread on here! FTW!!! "

Come on now, let's get this thread back on track. Does Frank Bough always respond to messages?

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

If we got any messages we would always try to reply

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

I don't reply because I am a rude and arrogant bitch!

over a year ago

"I don't reply because I am a rude and arrogant bitch! "

Love it.

By *uncpl2015Couple
over a year ago

Bridgend Area

"Why is it that people cant even be bothered to reply to messages these days. You send a nice message asking if they want to meet for a social drink like they say in their profile and ask if they can reply even if its to say no thanks. Are they timewasters or just downright bad mannered!!!"

okay we have gone out of our way to reply to every guy that messaged us since Friday to try this out and we kept at it even when our sanity was in grave danger...i think we had one guy that said thanks.. have fun.. every one else came back and back and back.. wanting to know why when we say why they cone back trying and pushing.. some we were saying thanks but no thanks happy swinging to i dont know how many times.. yes they did get blocked but for an experiment we did not block as quick as normal and went with it.. then one guy who had not read profile as he had no veris on over a year on site..got shitty as he had no meets as he kept getting messages like ours he said (saying thanks buy no thanks). he then blocked us otherwise i would have offered advise how he could get verified..so you see if we do reply to all messages it gets very stressful and only one out of loads said thanks and left it there.. The rest all kept on and on pestering and telling us we were wrong in the reason we wouldnt meet.

If guys took the thanks but no thanks and left it there we would continue to reply to all but as they dont we wont.. tough.. oh by the way we were also messaging all winks and friend invites and they were all the same..

Sadly guys make a rod for the backs of all the rest..

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I open my message box and I.....

1. Check the Location of the member

2. Check the age of the member

Then if 1 & 2 match the requirements as stated on my profile I then click on their profile....

3. Must be non smokers

4. Must be looking for the sorts of things I am looking for as stated in my profile

Then if 3 & 4 match my personal requirements I open their message

and if they have something to say that I don't find offensive or distasteful I will reply to them....even if it's to say 'Thanks but not for me'

over a year ago

Just bad-mannered, end of!

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

One person's 'polite message' is another person's bucket of shite.

By *njamesMan
over a year ago

Swindon

I'm guessing this is just the nature of the beast on here, and some people receive thousands of messages weekly (including myself ) and it just takes too much time to answer them all.

Don't get disheartened, acceptance is the way forward.

By *njamesMan
over a year ago

Swindon

Good girl, I like you

By *arkchest OP   Couple
over a year ago

edinburgh

Good to hear peoples responses although it takes a minute to say no thanks, I wouldnt contact anyone outside age range and always try msg people fairly nearby who are similar to ourselves. Im not dishearted in the slightest....we have met lots of nice folk on here and from another site and are still friends with them. Maybe im just too nice but i always reply even to say no thanks! Sorry but im just in a bad mood and had to get frustrations out....lol

By *uncpl2015Couple
over a year ago

Bridgend Area

"Just bad-mannered, end of! "

so what about when our reply is..

Thanks for your message and your interest. however not for us.

but again thanks for your interest and happy swinging.

This is what we send.. but we then get absolute crap from guys. who clearly feel wounded that they have been turned down..

I would like to point out we do reply to prob 90% of message the really horrid basic ones we delete.

But the bad mannered ones are the guys not taking a polite thanks but no thanks message as a No and moving on..but they are generally the people that have got the site all wrong..

And if a guy messages that hasnt read our profile and doesnt fit what our profile says.. well of they havent got the manners to read understand and accept our profile then they simply do not deserve our time for a reply.. simple...

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I open my message box and I.....

Then if 1 & 2 match the requirements as stated on my profile I then click on their profile....

3. Must be non smokers

4. Must be looking for the sorts of things I am looking for as stated in my profile

and if they have something to say that I don't find offensive or distasteful I will reply to them....even if it's to say 'Thanks but not for me'"

Very similar to what I do, although I do check their height too. It might be shallow but anything below 5'8 is a no-no.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

When I signed on to this site I do not recall having signed a binding contract to absolutely respond to every single wink, friend invite or message I receive. Nor, do I reckon, does anyone else.

You get no reply - then they are not interested. Simples.

By *njamesMan
over a year ago

Swindon

3. Must be non smokers

and if they have something to say that I don't find offensive or distasteful I will reply to them....even if it's to say 'Thanks but not for me'

Very similar to what I do, although I do check their height too. It might be shallow but anything below 5'8 is a no-no."

How very shallow of you, hang your head in shame

By *arkchest OP   Couple
over a year ago

edinburgh

I tend to agree with the height thing and usually get put off with that, however we have met people at socials who are "smaller" and can be good lookers too. Lets face it we can't help our height we are born with it!

over a year ago

Well I'm not replying to this cos its teatime

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"How very shallow of you, hang your head in shame "

I would but I'd still be taller than most men.

over a year ago

They're neither timewasters or bad mannered, they're simply exercising their right not to reply to your message for any one of 1000 different reasons, each of which is their prerogative regardless of whether you like it or not.

Get used to it

over a year ago

"Lets face it we can't help our height we are born with it! "

Not 100% sure but I seem to remember having considerably less height when I was born

over a year ago

A nice message, gets a nice reply when we get mail.

By *njamesMan
over a year ago

Swindon

"How very shallow of you, hang your head in shame

I would but I'd still be taller than most men. "

Some may find a taller woman intimidating, not me, I always hide behind my mum

over a year ago

Love it! made me laugh

over a year ago

Then if 1 and 2 match the requirements as stated on my profile I then click on their profile....

3. Must be non smokers

Then if 3 and 4 match my personal requirements I open their message

and if they have something to say that I don't find offensive or distasteful I will reply to them....even if it's to say 'Thanks but not for me'"

We too have a procedure:

1. Login

2. See one message from Keith in Pontefract

3. Delete message without opening

4. Log off

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I dont reply to all unsolicited messages as i dont want to....if that makes me rude then so be it, but to be honest i cant say i will lose sleep over it.

over a year ago

we send messages out and they get read and no replies. If that happens then we just leave them be. We don't loose sleep over it. At the end of the day your never going to be everyone's cup of tea.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

The easiest way to stop yourself getting knickers in a twist over this is just say if you're interested then feel free to contact us,if not then keep having fun

Then forget about it

over a year ago

We do actually reply to most messages, but as I am a web designer as one of my jobs, I often spend all day at the PC, and will often have fab forums open on one of my screens. J on the other hand works in an office in town so can't check Fab very often, so interesting messages are often copied to her Email, and I will wait for her input before replying.

A few of days ago about an hour after reading a message, I received a very aggressive follow up for my failure to reply, naturally I deleted it and sent another Email to J saying forget it no interest from me! Couples do sometimes need more time, there are two opinions that matter

over a year ago

I dont usually ever get a reply back but somrtimes a no thanks would be nice. Im respectful of peoples wishes. But not everyone is like that. So i get why some reply and some dont. Tis life my friends

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"We do actually reply to most messages, but as I am a web designer as one of my jobs, I often spend all day at the PC, and will often have fab forums open on one of my screens. J on the other hand works in an office in town so can't check Fab very often, so interesting messages are often copied to her Email, and I will wait for her input before replying.

A few of days ago about an hour after reading a message, I received a very aggressive follow up for my failure to reply, naturally I deleted it and sent another Email to J saying forget it no interest from me! Couples do sometimes need more time, there are two opinions that matter "

I've had people send aggressive emails 5 mins after I read the first one! I know there are some desperate men on here but trying to bully someone into shagging is not the way to go!

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

My profile says 'no winks'.....guess what? I get winks....last one was from a 20's couple about 200 miles away. Like, they are interested? Nope....

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"My profile says 'no winks'.....guess what? I get winks....last one was from a 20's couple about 200 miles away. Like, they are interested? Nope.... "
Surely you know that if you say no winks you will be inudated...

over a year ago

Is your first message, "your profile says you meet for a drink, can we go for a drink then?"

Genuinely asking, purely my opinion, its dead end road stuff if your going at people with that, no choice in the matter style.

over a year ago

"Well if we had a message from you, the first thing we would do is check your profile.

."

BUT - and it is a big 'but', there are many people who just delete the message WITHOUT checking the profile EVEN IF it is a polite, non-pestering message, from someone who fits the requirements AS LISTED on the persons profile having fully read it.

How do they know the person sending the message is not for them IF they haven't looked?

Also, I have had the reply back (several times) of 'We aren't looking for single men' even though it is written all over their own profile! Now I wouldn't have messaged in the first place if they had the correct information on their profile!

over a year ago

All messages I send are after carefully reading the users profile and ensuring that what I'm sending isn't seen as a cut and paste message (which it NEVER is), and I''ve had my fare share of 'deleted' without response experiences. I don't lose sleep over it though, maybe I just wasn't to their taste or they get so many messages that they don't have time to respond to everyone. Yes, a 'thanks but no thanks' reply would be nice, but you take the rough with the smooth and move on. That's the way it works sometimes.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Yawn - not this old chestnut again! Z

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Well if we had a message from you, the first thing we would do is check your profile.

BUT - and it is a big 'but', there are many people who just delete the message WITHOUT checking the profile EVEN IF it is a polite, non-pestering message, from someone who fits the requirements AS LISTED on the persons profile having fully read it.

How do they know the person sending the message is not for them IF they haven't looked?"

How do you know? There is an option on here for hidden perving, so I wouldn't show up on any looked at list. Also, only site supporters have a looked at list.

over a year ago

How do they know the person sending the message is not for them IF they haven't looked?

Also, I have had the reply back (several times) of 'We aren't looking for single men' even though it is written all over their own profile! Now I wouldn't have messaged in the first place if they had the correct information on their profile!"

Sometimes it's a polite way of saying no! maybe?

TBH sometimes we don't read a message, we look at a profile first.

If it fits what we are after then we read message and then look at pics.

Some folks, do great profiles and messages but crap pics. Others do what they do and get on with things.

Swings and roundabouts.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Hi Darkchest

long time no see, hope you both are well xx

By *arkchest OP   Couple
over a year ago

edinburgh

Hi View, yes we are both well thanks. Hope you are too. I see to have started a real hoo haa with my post. I wld like to say, i do not lose sleep over it and i am not even that particularly bothered. I just stated something that annoys me at times. As you know View we have had many a social and met many people, its not like we dont get meets,and i wld never go pestering anyone for a reason why they dont want to meet. I was in foul mood...prob pre menstrual and wanted to put my point forward....lol. How are ya anyway???

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I am incredibly well thanks, all good here. As for your post... Most of us have done the same so no worries... Welcome to the forums and enjoy. It is good banter x

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

It's probably easier if you think of your (unsolicited) messages as junk mail. Most folk get more than they'd wish and have no inclination to write to each and every sender explaining why they don't want any more.

The recipients aren't timewasters OR bad mannered. Just ordinary people who didn't ask you to write to them.

It's not personal, don't take it as such.

over a year ago

"Yawn - not this old chestnut again! Z"

I often wonder why people would read and then post on a thread that they know is going to be same old chestnut to them. Do they never stop and think that there maybe lots of newbies that possibly may not have seen a thread like this before , me if something doesn't intrest me on forums I just pass it by and leave it to those that are intersted in it.

over a year ago

Gather round people, so that I may tell again the age-old tale of yore; of Brave Sir Doesnt-Get-Alot and the Valley of Silence......

Oh, you know what. I just cant be bothered. Its been done to death. 'No Replies threads', I'm done with you too.

Peace Out.

over a year ago

"Gather round people, so that I may tell again the age-old tale of yore; of Brave Sir Doesnt-Get-Alot and the Valley of Silence......

Oh, you know what. I just cant be bothered. Its been done to death. 'No Replies threads', I'm done with you too.

Peace Out.

"

Refer to post above.

over a year ago

"I get dozens of nice messages every day, but very few match what I'm looking for so are deleted without reply and those who offer a lesson in manners ie have the cheek to point out that it's only good manners to send a reply either way are deleted first.

For the record in my book the bad manners belong to those who send the unsolicited messages asking for all manner of things when they have either not bothered to read my very clearly worded profile or chosen to ignore my stated preferences.

I don't think that makes me either bad mannered or a time waster..."

id send you a nice message Jo but im not what your looking for.

but all the same your a lovely woman x

By *uncpl2015Couple
over a year ago

Bridgend Area

Also, I have had the reply back (several times) of 'We aren't looking for single men' even though it is written all over their own profile! Now I wouldn't have messaged in the first place if they had the correct information on their profile!"

yes but how do you know if people arent checking your profile ? And no they dont all show up on your looked at me page as we clicked the option for ours not to show on peoples looked at me page. So people dont see when we check profiles.. we did it to stop guys messaging us just because we _iewed profile which they were doing. So it could be they have set it the same so you will not see when they checked you profile !

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

We will reply to people that have clearly taken the time to read our profile and that send a decent message...we don't reply to one liners.

over a year ago

"yes but how do you know if people arent checking your profile ? And no they dont all show up on your looked at me page as we clicked the option for ours not to show on peoples looked at me page. So people dont see when we check profiles.. we did it to stop guys messaging us just because we _iewed profile which they were doing. So it could be they have set it the same so you will not see when they checked you profile ! "

I set mine like that for exactly the same reason. I got sick of the "saw you looked at my profile, you like what you see?" messages. So tempting to reply back sacastically letting them know that yes I liked what I saw so much that I didn't send a message.

over a year ago

"All messages I send are after carefully reading the users profile and ensuring that what I'm sending isn't seen as a cut and paste message (which it NEVER is), and I''ve had my fare share of 'deleted' without response experiences. I don't lose sleep over it though, maybe I just wasn't to their taste or they get so many messages that they don't have time to respond to everyone. Yes, a 'thanks but no thanks' reply would be nice, but you take the rough with the smooth and move on. That's the way it works sometimes. "

I always read a profile before sending a message and never message anyone who has: no single guys, no married guys, no bi-sexual guys, 'single guys don't contact us we will contact you'. I also check that they are actually looking for guys my age, and i only contact people within 30 miles. If they say they only interested in guys over 6ft or VWE then I don't message. My messages are never one liners and only once did I suggest a (social) meet in my first message and that part of a joke. I try to make sure all my messages are polite and I believe I succeed.

Yet I rarely get a 'Not interested' reply, my message just gets deleted but I just assume they get thousands of messages a week so don't have the inclination to say no thank you to every one. Would certainly be nice to get a polite refusal (obviously I'd prefer a polite 'yes please' ) but doesn't bother me at all.

I have noticed that nearly all my messages do get read before deleted so maybe that is a result of my taking care over who I message. Personally I wouldn't message anyone who says they aren't looking for some criteria that fits me because I only send a few messages a week so would rather send them to people who might be interested rather than people who definitely won't be

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"

Who cares! We got Frank Bough into a thread on here! FTW!!!

Come on now, let's get this thread back on track. Does Frank Bough always respond to messages?"

Alas, once he had transitioned to cloud form he lost the ability to type.

This may also be a reason other users do not reply to messages.

By *uncpl2015Couple
over a year ago

Bridgend Area

"yes but how do you know if people arent checking your profile ? And no they dont all show up on your looked at me page as we clicked the option for ours not to show on peoples looked at me page. So people dont see when we check profiles.. we did it to stop guys messaging us just because we _iewed profile which they were doing. So it could be they have set it the same so you will not see when they checked you profile !

I set mine like that for exactly the same reason. I got sick of the "saw you looked at my profile, you like what you see?" messages. So tempting to reply back sacastically letting them know that yes I liked what I saw so much that I didn't send a message."

yep seems to be a thing guys think if you _iew their profile you must be interested and they must message. same as when you click on a cam in chat albeit for a few secs in passing they message straight away.. like what you see? .. well no not really or we would have took it further.. lol its better this way keep it sneaky and avoid anymore unwanted messages..

over a year ago

when people start showing the good manners of reading my profile first and making sure they fit what im looking for and are good mannered enough to not send abuse back if i send a polite no thanks.. then i will say no thanks..

over a year ago

the thing is dont take it so personally.. if their not interested then their not interested.. they have prob had to many bad experiences to want to keep chancing the abuse or the guys who just wont take no for an answer!

single females especially get unindated with messages.. they do have lifes outside this site and dont wanna spend all day replying.. especially when the guy wont take no.. which is a fair few.. trust me

By *aybe_amyWoman
over a year ago

Wales

From the site's FAQ:

There are too many rude people on here who don't reply to my messages!

It's not rude not to reply.

Some ladies and couples get hundreds of messages a day so it simply isn't possible for them to reply to everyone. If you don't get a response, you can safely assume they aren't interested. If you're getting a lot of "no-replies" then you should consider your profile and the messages you send. Are they giving the right message? Are you standing out from the thousands of other guys on here?

Post new Message to Thread