Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Crossed wires

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I was chatting with someone Sunday night, arranged to meet on Tuesday, get all excited and ready to go only to find out she thought it was next Tuesday.

I think this was because some people see Sunday as the start of the week and some Monday the start of the week and as I said i'm free next Tuesday she took this to mean Tuesday week and I meant the coming Tuesday.

Felt a right donut !!

So have you ever had that moment when you realise that you've got your wires crossed with someone?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I'm the same. Sunday is the beginning of the week for me, not the end.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

And me, confusing when me un dave sorting out time off together.

Never mind stud, at least youve got something to look forward to now

over a year ago

For me the week starts at 00:01 Monday morning anything else is heathen philosophy in my book so I would have been confused too. However a week isn't long to wait for a succulent piece of flesh don't you think.

over a year ago

"For me the week starts at 00:01 Monday morning anything else is heathen philosophy in my book so I would have been confused too. However a week isn't long to wait for a succulent piece of flesh don't you think.

"

Absolutley, i've been waiting for feckin ages to meet this lovely lady anyway another week won't hurt

over a year ago

"For me the week starts at 00:01 Monday morning anything else is heathen philosophy in my book so I would have been confused too. However a week isn't long to wait for a succulent piece of flesh don't you think.

Absolutley, i've been waiting for feckin ages to meet this lovely lady anyway another week won't hurt "

Remember the golden rule...

To keep her sweet keep cock hair neat!

over a year ago

"And me, confusing when me un dave sorting out time off together.

Never mind stud, at least youve got something to look forward to now"

maybe i could sneak a cheeky meet in between now and then, purely for medicinal purposes you understand

over a year ago

Absolutley, i've been waiting for feckin ages to meet this lovely lady anyway another week won't hurt

Remember the golden rule...

To keep her sweet keep cock hair neat! "

now where did i put that comb

over a year ago

I did something once that was really bad but thro a total mistake

i had been chatting to this guy and we was arranging a meet, i had seen him on cam etc and he asked for my numner so we can speak, funny thing is for some reason i dont give my number out as a rule but on this occasion i did, so i opened one of his mesages hit reply and sent him my number

10 mins later the phones gone and im talking to this guy on the phone, chatting away and we arranged to meet, looking back some of the things he said seemed a little out of text but i just over looked it at the time

anyway

i turned up for the meet and a car pulls up and a guy gets out, says hello etc but it wasnt the guy id been talking to on cam

so i asked what was going off and he said he had spoken to me on the phone and i arranged to meet him, i had no idea what was going off, he wasnt the guys id been talking to on cam and i didnt know what to think, was it two guys working together, one getting the meet and sending a mate or what?

anyway i wasnt happy with the situation and i left

went back on fab to find the message where i sent him my number to ask what was going off only to find the last mesage i sent him i didnt send him my number

very odd as i clearly remember sending him my humber

so i started back tracking thro all my messages and i found the one where i sent my number, only i hadnt sent it to who i thought i had

i had opened someone elses message my mistake and sent them my number, who was the guy who turned up and had driven all the way from hull only for me to give him a mouth full and walk off

over a year ago

"I did something once that was really bad but thro a total mistake

i had been chatting to this guy and we was arranging a meet, i had seen him on cam etc and he asked for my numner so we can speak, funny thing is for some reason i dont give my number out as a rule but on this occasion i did, so i opened one of his mesages hit reply and sent him my number

10 mins later the phones gone and im talking to this guy on the phone, chatting away and we arranged to meet, looking back some of the things he said seemed a little out of text but i just over looked it at the time

anyway

i turned up for the meet and a car pulls up and a guy gets out, says hello etc but it wasnt the guy id been talking to on cam

so i asked what was going off and he said he had spoken to me on the phone and i arranged to meet him, i had no idea what was going off, he wasnt the guys id been talking to on cam and i didnt know what to think, was it two guys working together, one getting the meet and sending a mate or what?

went back on fab to find the message where i sent him my number to ask what was going off only to find the last mesage i sent him i didnt send him my number

so i started back tracking thro all my messages and i found the one where i sent my number, only i hadnt sent it to who i thought i had

i had opened someone elses message my mistake and sent them my number, who was the guy who turned up and had driven all the way from hull only for me to give him a mouth full and walk off "

omg, you couldn't write it could you lol hope you told the poor guy who turned up what had happened, bet he thought christmas had come early

over a year ago

i did try and mail him to explain what had happened but he had blocked me, which you cant blame him for really

i did feel really bad when i realised what i had done

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

It's the same with this Sunday and next Sunday.

As of todays date 13th, this Sunday is the 18th and next Sunday the 25th.

But some people say next Sunday and mean the 18th

I always clarify and give the day and date.

over a year ago

"It's the same with this Sunday and next Sunday.

I always clarify and give the day and date."

id mean the 18th if i said next sunday

but ive been cought out with that one a few times when ive been asked to do over time at work

over a year ago

its true the devil is always in the detail

over a year ago

"I was chatting with someone Sunday night, arranged to meet on Tuesday, get all excited and ready to go only to find out she thought it was next Tuesday.

I think this was because some people see Sunday as the start of the week and some Monday the start of the week and as I said i'm free next Tuesday she took this to mean Tuesday week and I meant the coming Tuesday.

Felt a right donut !!

So have you ever had that moment when you realise that you've got your wires crossed with someone?"

Ooohhh does this mean your at a lose end

Must say i would have thought the same as your friend.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"It's the same with this Sunday and next Sunday.

I always clarify and give the day and date.

id mean the 18th if i said next sunday

but ive been cought out with that one a few times when ive been asked to do over time at work "

See I would mean the 25th.....

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Yes has happened to us before so always put the actual date that we are talking about now in any messages.

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

anyway

i had opened someone elses message my mistake and sent them my number, who was the guy who turned up and had driven all the way from hull only for me to give him a mouth full and walk off

omg, you couldn't write it could you lol hope you told the poor guy who turned up what had happened, bet he thought christmas had come early "

did exactly the same thing myself .. thought i was meeting paul from swindon and a guy from Dorset turned up !!

Turns out he was a very nice fella in all events but was scratching me head wondering how this had happened until like you i went back through messages and had mailed my number to the wrong person.

I neva did meet Paul from Swindon as I think he must have blocked me for being a time waster !! Shame

over a year ago

anyway

omg, you couldn't write it could you lol hope you told the poor guy who turned up what had happened, bet he thought christmas had come early

did exactly the same thing myself .. thought i was meeting paul from swindon and a guy from Dorset turned up !!

Turns out he was a very nice fella in all events but was scratching me head wondering how this had happened until like you i went back through messages and had mailed my number to the wrong person.

I neva did meet Paul from Swindon as I think he must have blocked me for being a time waster !! Shame "

So who the fuck am I meeting on Tuesday

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

"So who the fuck am I meeting on Tuesday "

check ur messages carefully before and after reaching for that send button !!

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I've double booked before now due to crossed wires - and that is with using a bloody diary to keep things straight.

Both turned up bang on time too! Bloody embarrassing!

over a year ago

"I've double booked before now due to crossed wires - and that is with using a bloody diary to keep things straight.

Both turned up bang on time too! Bloody embarrassing!"

Oh I don't know, an impromptu threesome is always fun

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

Surely next whatever is the next whatever that comes along?

over a year ago

"So who the fuck am I meeting on Tuesday

check ur messages carefully before and after reaching for that send button !! "

Ok 'Dave' from Dorset

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

Ok 'Dave' from Dorset "

whoooo hooooo !! if its the same 'Dave from Dorset' then happy days !!

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Ok 'Dave' from Dorset

whoooo hooooo !! if its the same 'Dave from Dorset' then happy days !! "

Would have to be well lubed up for him!

over a year ago

I thought this was going to be a thread about dodgy electrics resulting in some kind of domestic disaster!

I'm sorely disappointed!!

over a year ago

"I thought this was going to be a thread about dodgy electrics resulting in some kind of domestic disaster!

I'm sorely disappointed!! "

its only me that has those kind of disasters lol

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"I've double booked before now due to crossed wires - and that is with using a bloody diary to keep things straight.

Both turned up bang on time too! Bloody embarrassing!

Oh I don't know, an impromptu threesome is always fun "

One of them would definitely NOT have been up for it!

over a year ago

"Crossed wires" is the best headline you can come up with for this?!

It's practically screaming out to be called "C U Next Tuesday"!

over a year ago

"I was chatting with someone Sunday night, arranged to meet on Tuesday, get all excited and ready to go only to find out she thought it was next Tuesday"

My opinion: if you tell someone you'll see them on Tuesday, its a little perverse if they assume they should skip the first Tuesday and wait for the second one, irrespective of which day they consider to be the start of the week.

over a year ago

""Crossed wires" is the best headline you can come up with for this?!

It's practically screaming out to be called "C U Next Tuesday"! "

Think a little wee just came out! Pmsl !!

over a year ago

Not bad, but more frustrating, is when I tell someone I'm at a meeting and they presume it's a meet, then kick off because my profile says I'm not meeting or I've told them I'm not interested in meeting them.

Meet - social/sexual meeting between me and someone from here

Meeting - me and people from church etc, talking about church etc things and being bored out of my skull!

over a year ago

""Crossed wires" is the best headline you can come up with for this?!

It's practically screaming out to be called "C U Next Tuesday"! "

I clicked post before I realised. Took long enough for someone to say it though, ah well you can't win em all

over a year ago

Nothing like that on a site like this but I did once send a message to my college tutor saying pretty much what I wanted to do to her...

It was about her but was meant for someone else...

She heard about it when she asked her daughter to read out the text messaqe while she was driving and nearly crashed.

When I saw her ten minutes later, i told her to just chin me and get it over with. She kissed me on the cheek and said that she was flattered lol

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

If I was talking to someone on Sunday and they said Tuesday...I would assume they meant Tuesday coming!

If they had said NEXT Tuesday....That would be different...

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

but the 'next tuesday' is the one approaching .. i wud have thought u meant this one coming

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"Not bad, but more frustrating, is when I tell someone I'm at a meeting and they presume it's a meet, then kick off because my profile says I'm not meeting or I've told them I'm not interested in meeting them.

Meeting - me and people from church etc, talking about church etc things and being bored out of my skull!"

Even better when you say you are on a meet and they text you - you text back telling them you are already on a meet and they then ask to join in!! Yeah mate, come round. I'm only here to service horny men at their convenience!

over a year ago

"Not bad, but more frustrating, is when I tell someone I'm at a meeting and they presume it's a meet, then kick off because my profile says I'm not meeting or I've told them I'm not interested in meeting them.

Meeting - me and people from church etc, talking about church etc things and being bored out of my skull!

Even better when you say you are on a meet and they text you - you text back telling them you are already on a meet and they then ask to join in!! Yeah mate, come round. I'm only here to service horny men at their convenience!"

I must admit, I have over played the church meeting thing a couple of times to try and really put persistent people off!

The usual response now to "I'm not meeting as I have a boyfriend" is "well would he be up for a 3sum?" We'd have a couples profile if he was, silly!

Post new Message to Thread