Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

christmas fayres

Jump to newest

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman
over a year ago

evesham

So...it's nearly time for the annual German market in Birmingham. I go every year for bratwurst and gluwein....Ummmmmm

However, I do find the stalls are all a bit samey and never really buy anything.

Does anyone else go to a good Christmas fayre? I'd quite like to go to one abroad one year.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I used to go to the one in Frankfurt when i was in Germany...it was pretty good. though everything they have there they do here now...x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Id love to go to the one in bath but might nip to the birmingham one this year. do you know the dates by any chance??

over a year ago

evesham

15th November - 22nd December

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"15th November - 22nd December "

are we going for some mulled wine eves???

over a year ago

evesham

"15th November - 22nd December

are we going for some mulled wine eves??? "

Yup!!!!!!!!!!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

they are great, usually the smell of the the mulled wine is fantastic

over a year ago

evesham

"they are great, usually the smell of the the mulled wine is fantastic"

And they do knoblochbrot which just make me laugh cos it has the word knob in it

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"they are great, usually the smell of the the mulled wine is fantastic

And they do knoblochbrot which just make me laugh cos it has the word knob in it "

You said knob!!!

over a year ago

And they do knoblochbrot which just make me laugh cos it has the word knob in it "

What is it?

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

are we going for some mulled wine eves??? "

Anyone fancy it this Saturday? I'm down there for work but I'm sure I can skive for an hour

over a year ago

evesham

And they do knoblochbrot which just make me laugh cos it has the word knob in it

What is it? "

Garlic bread x

over a year ago

Anyone fancy it this Saturday? I'm down there for work but I'm sure I can skive for an hour "

Would love to, but I have a date with the killers

over a year ago

Sweet as brum is only a 30min train journey away from my mums wooop

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Sweet as brum is only a 30min train journey away from my mums wooop"

You busy on Saturday? Have car and can find train stations.

over a year ago

"Sweet as brum is only a 30min train journey away from my mums wooop

You busy on Saturday? Have car and can find train stations. "

sadly i wont be up in the midlands til the 14th december

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

You busy on Saturday? Have car and can find train stations. "

If the same as last year it extended past new street almost down to moor street station.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

sadly i wont be up in the midlands til the 14th december"

Will have to check my diary for that.

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"So...it's nearly time for the annual German market in Birmingham. I go every year for bratwurst and gluwein....Ummmmmm

However, I do find the stalls are all a bit samey and never really buy anything.

Does anyone else go to a good Christmas fayre? I'd quite like to go to one abroad one year. "

Lincoln does a good Christmas market if still on. They got a small market at merry he'll by ice rink

By *ove bi guysWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

I am making my first trip to Birmingham market on Friday ... Really looking forward to all the sights n smells.

I especially love the mushrooms, potatoes and garlic sauce ... and all the warm alcohol of varying flavours

As I am only 20 min on bus away it would be rude not to go a few times lol

over a year ago

Went to the one in Bath, and found it to be interesting.

The merchandise on offer were not to my taste, and I found them very expensive.

Ate my way around the food stores, great fun.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Yup!!!!!!!!!!"

fancy a trip one weekend?? X

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Anyone fancy it this Saturday? I'm down there for work but I'm sure I can skive for an hour "

what time you thinking i got someone coming to see me but might be able to come along

over a year ago

I have a customer who lives in Cologne where they have a very large Christmas market. Fortunately, I don't have to stomach going on a coach with the Wallace Arnold Grannies to get my favourite Stollen (hand made just for me!!) - she brings it over for me just before Christmas yum yum

Pork

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Anyone fancy it this Saturday? I'm down there for work but I'm sure I can skive for an hour

what time you thinking i got someone coming to see me but might be able to come along "

Not sure yet, possibly morning.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Am off to the one in Manchester on the 24th November, go mainly for the atmosphere and the food and drink

over a year ago

"Am off to the one in Manchester on the 24th November, go mainly for the atmosphere and the food and drink "

First time at the Manchester one for me, can't believe I've never been

over a year ago

evesham

Yup!!!!!!!!!!

fancy a trip one weekend?? X"

I do, I do.....can't do this sat though as am off to see some prancing ponies then thinking of going to the bbb on Sunday....but def up for a trip to the market

over a year ago

I work in Birmingham.. so will deffo be making a pitstop to and from work

over a year ago

They have one in Kingston and go just for the mulled blue berry wine xx

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple
over a year ago

Manchester Area

[Removed by poster at 13/11/12 11:05:48]

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"Am off to the one in Manchester on the 24th November, go mainly for the atmosphere and the food and drink

First time at the Manchester one for me, can't believe I've never been "

Well worth it, take comfy shoes and money lol x

over a year ago

I enjoy walking round the Leeds German market at Christmas, but apart from a pair of fingerless gloves, I've only ever bought a big sausage

I do love the hustle and bustle of them though and it makes me feel all Christmasy

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I think the Glasgow one starts this Friday..... So will,no doubt pop in at the weekend

By *essiCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

went to the one in Oxford last year..was nice not massive but nice for a wander round and a glass or two..fancy going to Bath's one this year, got to convince hubby tho...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im going to belguim for a week to do the christmas markets, where going to the big one in brussels, ive never been to one before (out of this country) and i really cant wait. We go the first week it opens, think its about 2km long, with ice skating rings, chalets, everywhere lit up, im excited about it.

Lincoln used to have a fantastic market but its not so good now

over a year ago

"Am off to the one in Manchester on the 24th November, go mainly for the atmosphere and the food and drink

First time at the Manchester one for me, can't believe I've never been "

Manchester is always a good fair, pursue the town hall, but is spreading itself a but thin and over too many streets now.

Cardiff has also had a good fair going and ice rink and pleasure rides

I'll be going along the Chester fayre myself in a couple of weeks, perhaps before the Chester social

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"Im going to belguim for a week to do the christmas markets, where going to the big one in brussels, ive never been to one before (out of this country) and i really cant wait. We go the first week it opens, think its about 2km long, with ice skating rings, chalets, everywhere lit up, im excited about it.

Lincoln used to have a fantastic market but its not so good now"

If you get to Brugge, go to the Ice Sculptures on the square outside the railway station, really is worth a visit, but wrap up warm

over a year ago

"So...it's nearly time for the annual German market in Birmingham. I go every year for bratwurst and gluwein....Ummmmmm

Does anyone else go to a good Christmas fayre? I'd quite like to go to one abroad one year. "

Try and get to Berlin for their Christmas Fair. It is brilliant, loads to see, eat and drink!

over a year ago

evesham

"I enjoy walking round the Leeds German market at Christmas, but apart from a pair of fingerless gloves, I've only ever bought a big sausage

I do love the hustle and bustle of them though and it makes me feel all Christmasy "

That's all I buy to haha

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/11/12 16:13:32]

over a year ago

"Pork and I went to see one while we were in Rome, it was fabulous, baubles hand made of every kind and beautiful detailed Nativity sets, Would loved to have brought one of those home, but unfortunately it was far to beg and expensive..... Well worth a visit if you are over there this time of year..... "

"Big not Beg"

over a year ago

I go to the winter wonderland at Hyde park every year, German markets, food stalls, fun fair, plus Jamie Oliver has take away stall there last year too, ice rink. Great day, fully recommend visiting, plus there's Oxford street right across the road for extra shopping facilities

over a year ago

"went to the one in Oxford last year..was nice not massive but nice for a wander round and a glass or two..fancy going to Bath's one this year, got to convince hubby tho..."

Bath one is good, went there last year, and to London following week for theirs

over a year ago

If the same as last year it extended past new street almost down to moor street station. "

do you mean snow hill station?

over a year ago

The ones abroad are pretty much the same as the ones they have here - mostly a load of old tatt that seems like a good idea to buy when ur half cut on hot wine

Stollen tho mmmmmmmm now ur talking

and Pannetone too

I am very Euro friendly when it comes to cake

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"The ones abroad are pretty much the same as the ones they have here - mostly a load of old tatt that seems like a good idea to buy when ur half cut on hot wine

and Pannetone too

I am very Euro friendly when it comes to cake "

Theres a stall at Manchester that sells strudel, ridiculously expensive, but soooooooooooooo good. I relate it to buying desssert in a good restaurant, then it doesn't seem as bad

By *awkeye and HotlipsCouple
over a year ago

Takeley

Nicest German fairs: Nurenburg, or alternatively, Saltzburg ( yes, we know not Germany ), but pretty and a beautiful castle, pony and trap ride and beautiful carol singers

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

I'd love to go to the one in Prague

over a year ago

"The ones abroad are pretty much the same as the ones they have here - mostly a load of old tatt that seems like a good idea to buy when ur half cut on hot wine

and Pannetone too

Theres a stall at Manchester that sells strudel, ridiculously expensive, but soooooooooooooo good. I relate it to buying desssert in a good restaurant, then it doesn't seem as bad"

I swear it is your mission in life to talk me into being one of them blokes ya see who can only wear jogging bottoms and shop in Cotton Traders !

I'm gonna start a rumour that ur a feeder

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

and Pannetone too

Theres a stall at Manchester that sells strudel, ridiculously expensive, but soooooooooooooo good. I relate it to buying desssert in a good restaurant, then it doesn't seem as bad

I swear it is your mission in life to talk me into being one of them blokes ya see who can only wear jogging bottoms and shop in Cotton Traders !

I'm gonna start a rumour that ur a feeder "

Oh I can lead you into food temptation

over a year ago

Yes I love those german fayres they sometimes have them in St Helens.

over a year ago

Does anyone else go to a good Christmas fayre? I'd quite like to go to one abroad one year.

I go to the winter wonderland at Hyde park every year, German markets, food stalls, fun fair, plus Jamie Oliver has take away stall there last year too, ice rink. Great day, fully recommend visiting, plus there's Oxford street right across the road for extra shopping facilities"

Went to the Hyde Park one a couple of years ago. Never again. Too expensive. Very crowded. Went on a nice cold day but the ice rink had a layer of water on top of the ice, don't know why as it had rained and there hadn't been a thaw. Odd. One of my friends got 'dipped' by a pickpocket & lost her purse.

over a year ago

I go to the winter wonderland at Hyde park every year, German markets, food stalls, fun fair, plus Jamie Oliver has take away stall there last year too, ice rink. Great day, fully recommend visiting, plus there's Oxford street right across the road for extra shopping facilities

Went to the Hyde Park one a couple of years ago. Never again. Too expensive. Very crowded. Went on a nice cold day but the ice rink had a layer of water on top of the ice, don't know why as it had not rained and there hadn't been a thaw. Odd. One of my friends got 'dipped' by a pickpocket & lost her purse. "

over a year ago

Went to the Hyde Park one a couple of years ago. Never again. Too expensive. Very crowded. Went on a nice cold day but the ice rink had a layer of water on top of the ice, don't know why as it had rained and there hadn't been a thaw. Odd. One of my friends got 'dipped' by a pickpocket & lost her purse. "

I like the crowds, adds to the spirit of the atmosphere, pick pocketing is rife at all German markets, London is no exception.

No idea what happened to the ice rink though lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Im going to belguim for a week to do the christmas markets, where going to the big one in brussels, ive never been to one before (out of this country) and i really cant wait. We go the first week it opens, think its about 2km long, with ice skating rings, chalets, everywhere lit up, im excited about it.

Lincoln used to have a fantastic market but its not so good now

If you get to Brugge, go to the Ice Sculptures on the square outside the railway station, really is worth a visit, but wrap up warm"

Not going to brugge this time as we always go, going to antwerp instead for the day

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 13/11/12 18:14:00]

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Slight change of subject, but in response to the high prices charged at Christmas Fairs and Christmas Markets...

Stall and Stand prices are incredibly expensive, our stand at the Exeter Christmas Fair at Westpoint last year cost us £1120 + Vat for Three days.

Bath is £105 + Vat per day for a 50 sq foot pitch this year.

Then if you have to pay someone to man the stand or stall the cost is increased even more.

All of this is reflected in prices charged on the stall or stand

The people who make the real money are the organisers of these events....and the councils involved

By *ub bbwWoman
over a year ago

oldbury

I love the Birmingham Christmas market and will no doubt be going at some point as its only 20 mins away just need to round up a few peeps to go with

By *aravancoupleMan
over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

We went to the one in Birmingham last year,and we are going again this year,it is fantastic,loved all the different smell's Mmmmmmm.

Post new Message to Thread