Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

China vs Japan

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I've taken my eye off the international news this year. It was a bit shocking to see the report on Newsnight about China entering Japan's water. Japan developing aircraft carriers and launching their first since WWII this year. A former Japanese minister saying that Japan may have to draw its sword.

Scary.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Those two have been slogging it out since ancient Britons were still running round in rags and shouting 'Ugg Ugg' at each other.

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Those two have been slogging it out since ancient Britons were still running round in rags and shouting 'Ugg Ugg' at each other."

I know but they didn't have the ability to affect the rest of the world with their battles until the last century.

over a year ago

China is a kick ass country these days and Japan wouldn't stand a chance. I'm sure Japan knows this and would think better of physically going to war with their much stringer neighbour. It's just bluster on Japan's part.

over a year ago

watch the yanks and ruskies dissapear and leave it up to us again to be the worlds police

over a year ago

* stronger

over a year ago

"Those two have been slogging it out since ancient Britons were still running round in rags and shouting 'Ugg Ugg' at each other."

Blimey... since 1973!!

over a year ago

If it was on Newsnight I'd wait till tomorrow before i believed it, just in case it turns out it was actually just an incident in a swimming pool in Japan but they didn't check the facts

over a year ago

"Those two have been slogging it out since ancient Britons were still running round in rags and shouting 'Ugg Ugg' at each other.

Blimey... since 1973!! "

Yup, that long!

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

If it came to blows, which side would the US take?

over a year ago

It will never come to serious blows , they are at it all the time , Japan killed a heap of Chinese soldiers a wee while back and that didn't kick it off , no one is going to be pressing any buttons anytime soon , sleep easy people

over a year ago

Japan's, as if they win they can cancel all the US debt that China holds.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"It will never come to serious blows , they are at it all the time , Japan killed a heap of Chinese soldiers a wee while back and that didn't kick it off , no one is going to be pressing any buttons anytime soon , sleep easy people "

I just about share your confidence but only 'cos Obama won again. Had Romney won it might have been a different matter.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 13/11/12 00:05:11]

By *iddlesbroughmaleMan
over a year ago

middlesbrough

Scarey shit man chinas army is to powerful compared to japans

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Scarey shit man chinas army is to powerful compared to japans "

It's bigger, I grant you that but sheer weight of numbers isn't where it's at nowadays.

over a year ago

Not to be picky but due to sanctions emposed on japan after ww2 by the US, they arent allowed aircraft carriers it heli assault vessels there building However the us is woven through most of japan and the biggest base in asia is in japan so a safe bet to assume the US would step in for them or risk lossing some of the power projection they like so much its not the japs and chines you need to worry about, it the middle east and what did israle do today oh yeah post a battalion of tanks in the gohlan hights. Thats your tinder box and iran is the match just waiting to light it.

over a year ago

I know Japan is Nuclear, is China?

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Not to be picky but due to sanctions emposed on japan after ww2 by the US, they arent allowed aircraft carriers it heli assault vessels there building However the us is woven through most of japan and the biggest base in asia is in japan so a safe bet to assume the US would step in for them or risk lossing some of the power projection they like so much its not the japs and chines you need to worry about, it the middle east and what did israle do today oh yeah post a battalion of tanks in the gohlan hights. Thats your tinder box and iran is the match just waiting to light it."

US intervention on Japan's side is a hard possibility to exclude.

over a year ago

"I know Japan is Nuclear, is China?"

Its the reverse, China has nuclear weapons, Japan's constitution forbids them after Hiroshima. However they have the know how to build them up in months if they wanted.

over a year ago

Sorry I was referring more to power than weapons. Both nuclear then. This could be fun. If they do go to war, I'll off Asimo a place to stay. That is one cool robot

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Wasn't it Mao who said 'political power grows out of the barrel of a gun'?

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

Useless fact.

There are more children in Chinese schools learning English than there are English people....

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I know Japan is Nuclear, is China?

Its the reverse, China has nuclear weapons, Japan's constitution forbids them after Hiroshima. However they have the know how to build them up in months if they wanted. "

Might be a tad too late by then though

Post new Message to Thread