Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Oh America ….

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I cannot watch…. Since when has abortion rights been a political decision and why if it had to come a decision were there male supreme judges, is this the end

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’m giving back my citizenship

It’s just a fucking disgrace

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

This howler monkey court is doing all sorts that will set the US back generations if not longer

Reply privately

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Unbelievable

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There is also rumours of the next things to be looked at is sodomy laws gay rights and same sex marriage, would appear they are going back to the 1950s

Reply privately

By *ero_for_funMan
over a year ago

cardiff

Its a late stage capitalist theocracy

Reply privately

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

Keep those babies alive and then do nothing to protect them getting shot when they start school.

Absolutely disgusting.

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

The sad thing being that most Yanks still see their country as a world leader and something to be proud of. All that flag waving and patriotism, shouting about the importance of preserving individual rights (in regard to guns, not bodily autonomy of course) and looking down on other countries ridiculous 'liberal' attitudes.

Can't think of anywhere I'd rather not live.......

A

Reply privately

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Absolutely horrific!

And a decision made by men of course.

This is going to make life so so much harder for many poor women and girls

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"I cannot watch…. Since when has abortion rights been a political decision and why if it had to come a decision were there male supreme judges, is this the end "

This decision is going to kill countless women and have far reaching implications including but not limited to abortion.

Roe Vs Wade was about privacy... not abortion. And this is a stepping stone to not only control women, but strip other rights away from other people they do not like.

Reply privately

By *valanche1001Man
over a year ago

Leeds

A fabulous country but held to ransom by a relatively small percentage of religious zealots and right wing lunatics.

Reply privately

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

It's a sad, sad day. How many women will die because if this ruling.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Keep those babies alive and then do nothing to protect them getting shot when they start school.

Absolutely disgusting. "

Won't somebody think of the chil... guns?!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Feeling sorry for all my American friends with uteruses today…a scary day for all who will suffer

Reply privately

over a year ago

They just kicked the laws back to states it's not banned totally. It's up to each individual states legislative branches to decide. It could be banned in one state and accepted in others.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They just kicked the laws back to states it's not banned totally. It's up to each individual states legislative branches to decide. It could be banned in one state and accepted in others.

"

Yes, and those in red states will suffer the most. Those living in poverty in red states will suffer; black people with uteruses living in red states will suffer; anyone with a uterus living in a red state is going to SUFFER.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Keep those babies alive and then do nothing to protect them getting shot when they start school.

Absolutely disgusting. "

Funny you should mention guns... They've also overturned states ability to force gun controls, making more guns more widely available in more places.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They just kicked the laws back to states it's not banned totally. It's up to each individual states legislative branches to decide. It could be banned in one state and accepted in others.

"

I know what you mean and I understand how the US works. I don't think that's wholly appreciated here. However, I thought the Handmaid's Tale was just fiction?...

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Absolutely disgusting.

Funny you should mention guns... They've also overturned states ability to force gun controls, making more guns more widely available in more places. "

Respect state's rights to set their own laws, go back to original interpretation by... overthrowing over 100 years of precedent on gun control.

The pretext is fucking pathetic

Reply privately

By *valanche1001Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Yes, and those in red states will suffer the most. Those living in poverty in red states will suffer; black people with uteruses living in red states will suffer; anyone with a uterus living in a red state is going to SUFFER. "

It’s also likely that red states will legislate to make travelling to a blue/moderate state for an abortion an offence. Unbelievable that they believe in ‘freedom’ but would criminalise the most vulnerable.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes, and those in red states will suffer the most. Those living in poverty in red states will suffer; black people with uteruses living in red states will suffer; anyone with a uterus living in a red state is going to SUFFER.

It’s also likely that red states will legislate to make travelling to a blue/moderate state for an abortion an offence. Unbelievable that they believe in ‘freedom’ but would criminalise the most vulnerable. "

Exactly; it’s also going to harm people who have a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy as the only treatment for these are abortion. They don’t care about life; they are forced birthers

Reply privately

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

A dark day.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I know what you mean and I understand how the US works. I don't think that's wholly appreciated here. However, I thought the Handmaid's Tale was just fiction?... "

That’s what came to my mind when I originally heard about this!

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

I know what you mean and I understand how the US works. I don't think that's wholly appreciated here. However, I thought the Handmaid's Tale was just fiction?...

That’s what came to my mind when I originally heard about this!"

I can;t remember who said it but I saw a quote from someone recently saying

"The Handmaid's Tale was a warning, not an instruction manual"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

That’s what came to my mind when I originally heard about this!

I can;t remember who said it but I saw a quote from someone recently saying

"The Handmaid's Tale was a warning, not an instruction manual""

That’s scary shit.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes, and those in red states will suffer the most. Those living in poverty in red states will suffer; black people with uteruses living in red states will suffer; anyone with a uterus living in a red state is going to SUFFER. "

Then they need to vote out the legislative representatives if the majority in each state disagrees.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This howler monkey court is doing all sorts that will set the US back generations if not longer "

It’s a film, but the point is succinct and well made.

https://youtu.be/bIpKfw17-yY

Reply privately

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I cannot watch…. Since when has abortion rights been a political decision and why if it had to come a decision were there male supreme judges, is this the end

This decision is going to kill countless women and have far reaching implications including but not limited to abortion.

Roe Vs Wade was about privacy... not abortion. And this is a stepping stone to not only control women, but strip other rights away from other people they do not like."

I totally agree it’s horrendous

Reply privately

over a year ago

Then they need to vote out the legislative representatives if the majority in each state disagrees."

As someone on the spot, I'm not asking which way you vote, but do you think such a massive decision should be left to individual states, rather than the nation as a whole, regardless of the incumbent political party?

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

Then they need to vote out the legislative representatives if the majority in each state disagrees.

As someone on the spot, I'm not asking which way you vote, but do you think such a massive decision should be left to individual states, rather than the nation as a whole, regardless of the incumbent political party?

"

I believe abortions are Healthcare, Healthcare is a human right, no-one gets to infringe on a human right.

Those that try are always on the wrong side of history.

Reply privately

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

It’s also likely that red states will legislate to make travelling to a blue/moderate state for an abortion an offence. Unbelievable that they believe in ‘freedom’ but would criminalise the most vulnerable. "

Only if they know women are pregnant. If a woman tests her self and travels. Then how would they know Csnt see how they could enforce / monitor it state wide easily tbh

Reply privately

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"The sad thing being that most Yanks still see their country as a world leader and something to be proud of. All that flag waving and patriotism, shouting about the importance of preserving individual rights (in regard to guns, not bodily autonomy of course) and looking down on other countries ridiculous 'liberal' attitudes.

Can't think of anywhere I'd rather not live.......

A"

If the USA is so good, why is there a USB?

I've travelled to the States, loved my time there.

But wow, in so many places, in so many minds, it's like being in the dark ages.

Winston

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I live in Pennsylvania we have both 2A rights and abortion rights. I believe in both unfortunately other states do not.

Reply privately

By *andonmessMan
over a year ago

A world all of his own

Absolutely heartbreaking

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"Only if they know women are pregnant. If a woman tests her self and travels. Then how would they know Csnt see how they could enforce / monitor it state wide easily tbh "

Unfortunately with the bills already introduced in places like Texas.. If you are a resident of a State and they find out that while a resident you went out of state to get an abortion... thats a crime, with just as if not greater penalties. doesn't matter when they find out, some are even offering bounties for reporting on people who have done it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It’s also likely that red states will legislate to make travelling to a blue/moderate state for an abortion an offence. Unbelievable that they believe in ‘freedom’ but would criminalise the most vulnerable.

Only if they know women are pregnant. If a woman tests her self and travels. Then how would they know Csnt see how they could enforce / monitor it state wide easily tbh "

She can travel it's protected under the first amendment.

Reply privately

By *ittlemiss1985Woman
over a year ago

Lansing

"There is also rumours of the next things to be looked at is sodomy laws gay rights and same sex marriage, would appear they are going back to the 1950s"

I've seen someone bring up that Loving v. Verginia (interracial marriage) might get overturned too, though I doubt it since Justice Thomas' could be effected since he's married to a white woman and God forbid anything happen to him personally

Reply privately

By *valanche1001Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Only if they know women are pregnant. If a woman tests her self and travels. Then how would they know Csnt see how they could enforce / monitor it state wide easily tbh "

As mentioned above this decision comes down to privacy and what the state can know about an individual. This could affect same sex marriage, even mixed-race marriage isn’t reference in the constitution, which makes Clarence Thomas’s support on this particularly strange.

Ironically this could be politically terrible for the people who support it. They run on guns, god & pro-life. If their supporters think it’s mission accomplished they may not feel they need to turn out and vote.

Reply privately

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

you cannot legislate against abortion you can legislate against safe abortion

and that is the stark truth one half of the american populace face

Reply privately

over a year ago

If a pregnancy is conceived through unlawful force or non consent I think abortion should be allowed definitely however if pregnancy is achieved through consensual mistake or similar then that’s down to the individual and the consequences of not performing safe sex so deal with it

I know I will get, maybe, some real backlash for my view however I have children and not all were planned however we gave them life and now they’re happy, thriving and made a huge and positive impact on my life so I could not conceive the idea of them not being here on our earth ever

Reply privately

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

"I’m giving back my citizenship

It’s just a fucking disgrace "

Yep, me too. It’s been a shit show for years and it’s only getting worse.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"you cannot legislate against abortion you can legislate against safe abortion

"

The mistresses of the pious anti abortion advocates will keep getting safe abortions.

More "rules are only for the little people" in action.

Reply privately

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

Terrifying ruling.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Absolutely disgusting. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If a pregnancy is conceived through unlawful force or non consent I think abortion should be allowed definitely however if pregnancy is achieved through consensual mistake or similar then that’s down to the individual and the consequences of not performing safe sex so deal with it

I know I will get, maybe, some real backlash for my view however I have children and not all were planned however we gave them life and now they’re happy, thriving and made a huge and positive impact on my life so I could not conceive the idea of them not being here on our earth ever "

First of all, are you a cis man? If you do not have a uterus, how could you even begin to comprehend the toll that pregnancy takes on a body.

Second of all, if you don’t like abortions, don’t have one. Don’t take that right away from everyone else.

Does a person with a uteruses body have to be violated before they are allowed rights? Do they have to be forced to have sex before they are even allowed the possibility of rights?

Furthermore; if men don’t want kids they can have a vasectomy. Infact, we should make it a rule that all men must have a vasectomy when they turn 25. If you don’t like the sound of that; then keep your hands off our bodies.

Abortion is healthcare; and healthcare is a human right. FACT.

Reply privately

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

Absolutely disgusting. "

Indeed. I just saw a tweet that ended with Guns have more rights than Women in America…it’s just all too wrong

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"If a pregnancy is conceived through unlawful force or non consent I think abortion should be allowed definitely however if pregnancy is achieved through consensual mistake or similar then that’s down to the individual and the consequences of not performing safe sex so deal with it

I know I will get, maybe, some real backlash for my view however I have children and not all were planned however we gave them life and now they’re happy, thriving and made a huge and positive impact on my life so I could not conceive the idea of them not being here on our earth ever "

This ignores the possibility of contraception failing. Consent to Sex is not consent to pregnancy.

regardless of anything the choice like all health care choices should be with the person with the medical need, that is the person with the uterus.

Reply privately

over a year ago

All that education and not a brain in sight

Reply privately

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

What about babies that will be born only to die painfully and slowly because of genetic defects or uterus owners who have an ectopic pregnancy? They are just supposed to die from internal bleeding?

Reply privately

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"?

I believe abortions are Healthcare, Healthcare is a human right, no-one gets to infringe on a human right.

Those that try are always on the wrong side of history."

The reason healthcare is not a human right is because that means you have the absolute right to the labour of others and that is a form of sl*very. The right you are thinking of is the right to access healthcare.

C

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I know I will get, maybe, some real backlash for my view however I have children and not all were planned however we gave them life and now they’re happy, thriving and made a huge and positive impact on my life so I could not conceive the idea of them not being here on our earth ever

What about babies that will be born only to die painfully and slowly because of genetic defects or uterus owners who have an ectopic pregnancy? They are just supposed to die from internal bleeding?"

It's God's will... Apparently

Reply privately

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Absolutely horrific!

This is going to make life so so much harder for many poor women and girls "

Wasn't the case brought by one female state AG?

Reply privately

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

This ignores the possibility of contraception failing. Consent to Sex is not consent to pregnancy.

regardless of anything the choice like all health care choices should be with the person with the medical need, that is the person with the uterus. "

So being Devil's Advocate here, what are your thoughts on the 'rights' of the unborn child? Do they have any whatsoever, or are they subordinate to the wishes of the mother? I realise this is an emotional and divisive issue, but we must also respect the views of those who see conception as the Genesis of life.

Reply privately

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

The mistresses of the pious anti abortion advocates will keep getting safe abortions.

More "rules are only for the little people" in action."

Will they? Or will they just be dumped to the side and left to look after a child they didn’t necessarily want? The mistresses I mean.

Reply privately

over a year ago

regardless of anything the choice like all health care choices should be with the person with the medical need, that is the person with the uterus.

So being Devil's Advocate here, what are your thoughts on the 'rights' of the unborn child? Do they have any whatsoever, or are they subordinate to the wishes of the mother? I realise this is an emotional and divisive issue, but we must also respect the views of those who see conception as the Genesis of life. "

Religion shouldn’t be in laws. Religion should be completely separate from all laws. Why should we respect the views of people trying to control our bodies.

Also, you can’t be devils advocate in a situation where people will literally die.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

More "rules are only for the little people" in action.

Will they? Or will they just be dumped to the side and left to look after a child they didn’t necessarily want? The mistresses I mean."

I think the potential for these hypocrites to face embarrassment is more concerning to them than what they claim is the murder of children. Even the "murder" of their own child

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"?

Those that try are always on the wrong side of history.

The reason healthcare is not a human right is because that means you have the absolute right to the labour of others and that is a form of sl*very. The right you are thinking of is the right to access healthcare.

C"

That is a fair distinction and is what I was aiming for.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/06/22 19:13:31]

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

So being Devil's Advocate here, what are your thoughts on the 'rights' of the unborn child? Do they have any whatsoever, or are they subordinate to the wishes of the mother? I realise this is an emotional and divisive issue, but we must also respect the views of those who see conception as the Genesis of life. "

An unborn child has the same right to hijack someone else's body as a born child, or an adult.

When I can just go "yo, your kidney, mine now", then maybe we'll talk.

Reply privately

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

What about babies that will be born only to die painfully and slowly because of genetic defects or uterus owners who have an ectopic pregnancy? They are just supposed to die from internal bleeding?

It's God's will... Apparently "

I don’t believe in one God so thank goodness I had access to healthcare to deal with my ectopic pregnancy which saved me from dying. My family and friends were pretty grateful too I believe.

Reply privately

over a year ago

While that was going on they also legalized concealed carry of handguns in New York, the ruling is Federal which means it will spread to other states where concealed carry is illegal.

They're fucking insane.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Absolutely disgusting. "

It’s certainly a warped society

Reply privately

over a year ago

Absolutely disgusting. .

Indeed. I just saw a tweet that ended with Guns have more rights than Women in America…it’s just all too wrong "

The new gun legislation is heading to bidens desk for him to sign.

Reply privately

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"

They haven't done either. They have stated that the right should be done at state and county level. There was no constitutional protection for this so they have sent it for states to hold their own votes and rights. I hope states allow access due to potential harm to women.

Personally I think people should be free to do whatever they see fit to do. A blanket ban or a blanket allowance is never a good thing.

C

Reply privately

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

So being Devil's Advocate here, what are your thoughts on the 'rights' of the unborn child? Do they have any whatsoever, or are they subordinate to the wishes of the mother? I realise this is an emotional and divisive issue, but we must also respect the views of those who see conception as the Genesis of life.

Religion shouldn’t be in laws. Religion should be completely separate from all laws. Why should we respect the views of people trying to control our bodies.

Also, you can’t be devils advocate in a situation where people will literally die."

But 'people' are dying aren't they? They just happen to be unborn and have no voice. You don't need be religious to see that surely?

Reply privately

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

Also, you can’t be devils advocate in a situation where people will literally die."

My turn to be the devil but it comes to something when a made up fiction book plays a role in politics and legislation over a person’s uterus.

Reply privately

By *reat me rightWoman
over a year ago

Rotherham

Super sad day and will doubtless have devastating consequences for many many women and children.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Also, you can’t be devils advocate in a situation where people will literally die.

But 'people' are dying aren't they? They just happen to be unborn and have no voice. You don't need be religious to see that surely?"

‘Unborn people’ is an oxymoron and doesn’t exist. Second of all, it’s a clump of cells. If you want the baby that much, carry it yourself. Do you have a uterus? Are you aware of the toll pregnancy takes on your body?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"While that was going on they also legalized concealed carry of handguns in New York, the ruling is Federal which means it will spread to other states where concealed carry is illegal.

They're fucking insane."

What I've gathered is that that one is surmountable - just pass a different law to change the standard to an objective rather than a subjective standard.

Until the howler monkey court get hold of the next opportunity to dictate culture onto states they disagree with.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

A backwards decision more based upon appeasing a minority of one side of a very divided country ..

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"So being Devil's Advocate here, what are your thoughts on the 'rights' of the unborn child? Do they have any whatsoever, or are they subordinate to the wishes of the mother? I realise this is an emotional and divisive issue, but we must also respect the views of those who see conception as the Genesis of life. "

Why must we? they do not respect the opposing view, so why must we respect theirs?

They are within their right to hold that view, but nowhere does that view need to be respected.

Reply privately

By *haron StonerTV/TS
over a year ago

Haywards Heath

Right most people got the wrong end of the stick on this one.

They're just not letting you have an abortion up to three months like it used to be.

I'm no activist but a three month old foetus is pretty well formed. I think at that point, its very wrong.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"So being Devil's Advocate here, what are your thoughts on the 'rights' of the unborn child? Do they have any whatsoever, or are they subordinate to the wishes of the mother? I realise this is an emotional and divisive issue, but we must also respect the views of those who see conception as the Genesis of life.

Why must we? they do not respect the opposing view, so why must we respect theirs?

They are within their right to hold that view, but nowhere does that view need to be respected."

I respect their right to hold that view. Live that way if they want to.

If they think they have a right to enforce it on other people, they can fuck all the way off.

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"Right most people got the wrong end of the stick on this one.

They're just not letting you have an abortion up to three months like it used to be.

I'm no activist but a three month old foetus is pretty well formed. I think at that point, its very wrong. "

the ban in Texas is 6 weeks, most people don't even know they are pregnant at this stage.

Reply privately

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

But 'people' are dying aren't they? They just happen to be unborn and have no voice. You don't need be religious to see that surely?"

Fertilised eggs are not people. Everywhere else in the world, it is generally accepted that if the foetus would not be viable outside the womb, then abortion is not murder.

In the US, they are piggybacking religion to draw a different delineation.

So, you can't really take religion out of the discussion.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

But 'people' are dying aren't they? They just happen to be unborn and have no voice. You don't need be religious to see that surely?

Fertilised eggs are not people. Everywhere else in the world, it is generally accepted that if the foetus would not be viable outside the womb, then abortion is not murder.

In the US, they are piggybacking religion to draw a different delineation.

So, you can't really take religion out of the discussion."

Even if fertilised eggs are people, what people have the right to hijack another person's body without their consent for nine months?

Fertilised eggs can have the same rights to unconsenting bodies that any other person does.

Reply privately

By *haron StonerTV/TS
over a year ago

Haywards Heath

Why does religion even need to be brought into it? WTF has God got to do with it.

Look I've been there ok. The day before the doc sticks a dried bit of sea? In the cervix so it can start expanding it open. You go the next day where he gets his scraper and suction inside. Your standing there and you can here the stuff being sucked through hitting the bottom of the bottle. Bout five minutes, job done and your on your way.

That's not the end of it..

You never forget what you've done and she'll always feel that loss. Even if you both agreed to it, it sits with yo forever.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Why does religion even need to be brought into it? WTF has God got to do with it.

Look I've been there ok. The day before the doc sticks a dried bit of sea? In the cervix so it can start expanding it open. You go the next day where he gets his scraper and suction inside. Your standing there and you can here the stuff being sucked through hitting the bottom of the bottle. Bout five minutes, job done and your on your way.

You never forget what you've done and she'll always feel that loss. Even if you both agreed to it, it sits with yo forever. "

Adults should be free to make those choices. And not everything feels the same to everyone.

Even if it's a mistake, in a free society we should be free to make our own mistakes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why does religion even need to be brought into it? WTF has God got to do with it.

You never forget what you've done and she'll always feel that loss. Even if you both agreed to it, it sits with yo forever. "

Ask America what religion has to do with it; they’re the ones bringing it into laws

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"While that was going on they also legalized concealed carry of handguns in New York, the ruling is Federal which means it will spread to other states where concealed carry is illegal.

They're fucking insane."

Quite possibly. It seems the thinking is. If everyone carries then everybody will be scared to use. They use similar logic with nuclear arms I believe.

Reply privately

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

Just a little absurd information from the state of

Louisiana.

A trigger law is in place to make abortion illegal immediately after Roe is overturned. The state constitution also bars the right to abortion. Lawmakers recently approved a bill to ban abortion after "fertilization and implantation."

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

According to the Turnaway Study 99% of women who had abortions after five years reported feeling relief and not regret about the decision.

UCSF's study found it to be almost 90%.

The idea that an abortion is traumatic, is Forced Birther propoganda.

Reply privately

over a year ago

USA is one of the most backward countries in the world.

We seem to be going the same way unfortunately.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I grew up out there (hence the username) but am British.

Unfortunately many of those in power in both state & federal areas are v much white male, religious conservative types particularly in States like Texas.

I’m appalled at this type of thinking and the removal of a woman’s right to autonomy over her body.

But the thinking is so backwards & confused over there, you can drive at 16, buy a gun at 18 but can’t be trusted to drink alcohol until 21.

You can own a gun and kill someone with said gun (in self defence or mass atrocity) but abortion is banned.

I fear things will get worse still.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You never forget what you've done and she'll always feel that loss. Even if you both agreed to it, it sits with yo forever.

Ask America what religion has to do with it; they’re the ones bringing it into laws "

I abhor organised religion, but I can't help recalling that the general view is 'God' gave man(kind) free will. So how can they use a religious argument if they are using the laws of man to take away that free will..?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Absolutely disgusting.

Funny you should mention guns... They've also overturned states ability to force gun controls, making more guns more widely available in more places. "

good old yanks

Reply privately

By *aptain Caveman41Man
over a year ago

Home

[Removed by poster at 24/06/22 19:57:24]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A fucked up backwards country. Land of the my free hole "

Reply privately

By *aptain Caveman41Man
over a year ago

Home

Backwards fucked up country. Land of the free my hole

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A fucked up backwards country. Land of the free my hole "

Why are American’s dam shouty people?

Reply privately

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

Why differentiate between black woman and other women? It's not a race issue and shouldn't be made one.

Reply privately

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

“Second of all, if you don’t like abortions, don’t have one. Don’t take that right away from everyone else.”

This with bells on!

It’s a deeply personal and private choice that nobody else should be able to decide for someone.

Pregnancy and childbirth has a massive impact on a woman’s body. I have a rare condition that means any pregnancy could prove fatal so I’m very safe but no contraception is 100% guaranteed

Bear in mind also that USA is appalling for lack of welfare support too

“but we must also respect the views of those who see conception as the Genesis of life.“

Why do their PERSONAL beliefs need to be enforced on others with different beliefs though?

Don’t believe in/agree with abortion - great don’t have one, you don’t have the right to tell someone else not to though. And as per several posters what will actually happen is not NO abortion it’ll be back street dangerous fatal ones again!

As a hcp I met and treated women who had illegal abortions here prior to it becoming legal and this meant they were damaged and traumatised not by having abortions but by having poor results of that decision as it wasn’t legal or regulated

Reply privately

By *aptain Caveman41Man
over a year ago

Home

"A fucked up backwards country. Land of the free my hole

Why are American’s dam shouty people? "

because they think that live in the greatest country in the world.

Reply privately

over a year ago

As a man I am embarrassed by this. For God’s sake we must be past this by now. The US government is now dominated by self serving people and misogyny. Unfortunately it all sounds a bit similar to the Boris regime. Not nice!

Reply privately

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

Moral majority by dead Kennedys still as relevant as the day it was written.

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

Why differentiate between black woman and other women? It's not a race issue and shouldn't be made one. "

Because like everything that touches politics, it is a race issue. because as with everything political black people get the shaft more than anyone else.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why differentiate between black woman and other women? It's not a race issue and shouldn't be made one. "

Black women suffer from the worst maternal care; they have mortality rates during childbirth much higher than white women.

Reply privately

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

Because they are the group of women already suffering the most from in all life situations due to systemic racism. Indigenous women also face the same issues. It is already a race issue, it will just get worse for some of more than others.

Reply privately

By *mooth Operator 07Man
over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

It's disgusting, the Americans who supported this bill should be ashamed.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Why differentiate between black woman and other women? It's not a race issue and shouldn't be made one.

Black women suffer from the worst maternal care; they have mortality rates during childbirth much higher than white women. "

I saw an American law maker say that if you exclude black women, maternal outcomes in the US are good, therefore it's all ok.

Umm. Say what now

Reply privately

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

"So being Devil's Advocate here, what are your thoughts on the 'rights' of the unborn child? Do they have any whatsoever, or are they subordinate to the wishes of the mother? I realise this is an emotional and divisive issue, but we must also respect the views of those who see conception as the Genesis of life.

They are within their right to hold that view, but nowhere does that view need to be respected."

I think we should always strive to respect the opinion of others - it brings understanding.

Reply privately

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Black women suffer from the worst maternal care; they have mortality rates during childbirth much higher than white women. "

I was shocked when I seen them statistics on the mortality rates between white women and black women and also Hispanic women the mortality rate is very high

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

Wehn SCOTUS does something, as you may know you get opinion letters that accompany that decision, either supporting, or a dissenting one.

Clarence Thomas in his accompanying opinion said that the laws regarding contraception and same sex marriage are next.

Reply privately

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

‘Unborn people’ is an oxymoron and doesn’t exist. Second of all, it’s a clump of cells. If you want the baby that much, carry it yourself. Do you have a uterus? Are you aware of the toll pregnancy takes on your body? "

A foetus, recognisable as a human being, is hardly a 'clump of cells'. Yes, pregnancy is a 'toll' but arbitrary termination of a ife is far worse, no?

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"

A foetus, recognisable as a human being, is hardly a 'clump of cells'. Yes, pregnancy is a 'toll' but arbitrary termination of a ife is far worse, no? "

No, simple as that

Reply privately

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

The is a matter of individual opinion.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"There is also rumours of the next things to be looked at is sodomy laws gay rights and same sex marriage, would appear they are going back to the 1950s"

Considering that's when they had a boom period as a country, it's not surprising to think that's why people think that's a good idea

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

It's always been a political issue.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's always been a political issue. "

Exactly elections are coming up they got to stir the pot. Another summer of riots. Yipee

Reply privately

over a year ago

‘Unborn people’ is an oxymoron and doesn’t exist. Second of all, it’s a clump of cells. If you want the baby that much, carry it yourself. Do you have a uterus? Are you aware of the toll pregnancy takes on your body?

A foetus, recognisable as a human being, is hardly a 'clump of cells'. Yes, pregnancy is a 'toll' but arbitrary termination of a ife is far worse, no? "

Question; do you have a uterus, and will you ever carry a baby in that uterus?

Reply privately

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

[Removed by poster at 24/06/22 20:53:37]

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I've just been reading an article written by an American woman who was persuaded by pro-life, religious people to not have an abortion; with them saying she was being selfish to want to abort the baby.

Once the baby was born she realised that there is no help for her, as a poor, single mother and they called her selfish for not giving her baby to a well off couple who couldn't have children.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I've just been reading an article written by an American woman who was persuaded by pro-life, religious people to not have an abortion; with them saying she was being selfish to want to abort the baby.

Once the baby was born she realised that there is no help for her, as a poor, single mother and they called her selfish for not giving her baby to a well off couple who couldn't have children.

"

It's probably the same people shouting that people shouldn't have children they can't afford and it's not up to the state to feed their children.

Reply privately

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

A foetus, recognisable as a human being, is hardly a 'clump of cells'. Yes, pregnancy is a 'toll' but arbitrary termination of a ife is far worse, no?

Question; do you have a uterus, and will you ever carry a baby in that uterus? "

No I do not. But if I did have a baby in my uteris I'd like to think I balanced it's 'rights' with my own, including the right to life. Look, I get the choice angle, and I'm sympathetic to circumstances like risk to health, forced sex etc. But unconditional choice makes me far less comfortable. Sorry.

Reply privately

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I fear the whole of humanity is circling the drain right now just ready for someone to pull the plug.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No I do not. But if I did have a baby in my uteris I'd like to think I balanced it's 'rights' with my own, including the right to life. Look, I get the choice angle, and I'm sympathetic to circumstances like risk to health, forced sex etc. But unconditional choice makes me far less comfortable. Sorry."

If you do not have a uterus, and will never carry a baby, why do you feel the need to give your opinion? It’s not your body, correct? How would you like it if we forced all people with testicles to have a vasectomy? Do you not like the idea of that?

Reply privately

By *iberius61Man
over a year ago

Pontefract

You have to remember that the US is basically a theocracy. I know it pretends to be a democracy, but only in the same way that the UK pretends to be a kingdom. Neither are really what they pretend to be.

Reply privately

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

"There is also rumours of the next things to be looked at is sodomy laws gay rights and same sex marriage, would appear they are going back to the 1950s

Considering that's when they had a boom period as a country, it's not surprising to think that's why people think that's a good idea "

This is Justice Clarence Thomas’s not so bright idea.

Justice Clarence Thomas argued in a

concurring opinion released on Roe V Wade that

the Supreme Court "should reconsider" its

past rulings codifying rights to

contraception access, same-sex

relationships and same-sex marriage.

Reply privately

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

What a shit show!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

No I do not. But if I did have a baby in my uteris I'd like to think I balanced it's 'rights' with my own, including the right to life. Look, I get the choice angle, and I'm sympathetic to circumstances like risk to health, forced sex etc. But unconditional choice makes me far less comfortable. Sorry.

If you do not have a uterus, and will never carry a baby, why do you feel the need to give your opinion? It’s not your body, correct? How would you like it if we forced all people with testicles to have a vasectomy? Do you not like the idea of that? "

Whoa that’s a bit harsh. No he doesn’t have a uterus, because he can’t have a uterus and never carry a baby. I don’t see why he can’t give his opinion though. Some people have certain beliefs, why can’t we respect them? Just because he can’t have children he can still feel strongly about it and hasn’t been nasty or offensive in his comments.

Reply privately

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"

No I do not. But if I did have a baby in my uteris I'd like to think I balanced it's 'rights' with my own, including the right to life. Look, I get the choice angle, and I'm sympathetic to circumstances like risk to health, forced sex etc. But unconditional choice makes me far less comfortable. Sorry."

No uterus, no opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

If you do not have a uterus, and will never carry a baby, why do you feel the need to give your opinion? It’s not your body, correct? How would you like it if we forced all people with testicles to have a vasectomy? Do you not like the idea of that?

Whoa that’s a bit harsh. No he doesn’t have a uterus, because he can’t have a uterus and never carry a baby. I don’t see why he can’t give his opinion though. Some people have certain beliefs, why can’t we respect them? Just because he can’t have children he can still feel strongly about it and hasn’t been nasty or offensive in his comments. "

Well said.

Totally unnecessary comments.

Reply privately

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

You weren't the one who had to carry the child for 9 months, give birth to it, accept all the changes it made to your body though. Not everyone can provide a good life them. So it's kind of irrelevant what you think.

Reply privately

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"

Whoa that’s a bit harsh. No he doesn’t have a uterus, because he can’t have a uterus and never carry a baby. I don’t see why he can’t give his opinion though. Some people have certain beliefs, why can’t we respect them? Just because he can’t have children he can still feel strongly about it and hasn’t been nasty or offensive in his comments. "

Because it's not something he will ever have to worry about, a decision he will ever have to make or live with.

Reply privately

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

"

Republican states will seize the opportunity, partly to pander to their base but also to make those states somewhere non republicans don’t want to live, so further entrenching their hold on power in that state, if democrats move out even in small amounts it more and more guarantees the republicans keep control. Which potentially paves the way for Trump to get re-elected based on the electoral college system, should the GOP endorse him for their presidential candidate again, which may depend on the outcome of the Jan 6 hearings currently going on. In some ways, the best thing that could happen to rebalance power would be for Texas to follow through in its threats to secede from the union as that would sharply drop the number of republican seats. Either way, it’s a dark, sad day for the rights of individuals, and another step closer to Gilead.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

As a bloke I'm totally opposed to what took place today, but if I were of the opinion that it's ok in general I have every right to say so..

The fact that I don't have a uterus is irrelevant..

I'm a white male and have protested against many things, racial inequalities being one of them..

We can oppose or support many things regardless of whether we are one sex, a specific colour etc..

It's a slippery slope to a not very pleasant place for any of us to try and dictate who can and can't have an opinion on the many issues in society..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"As a bloke I'm totally opposed to what took place today, but if I were of the opinion that it's ok in general I have every right to say so..

I'm a white male and have protested against many things, racial inequalities being one of them..

We can oppose or support many things regardless of whether we are one sex, a specific colour etc..

It's a slippery slope to a not very pleasant place for any of us to try and dictate who can and can't have an opinion on the many issues in society.."

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"

Whoa that’s a bit harsh. No he doesn’t have a uterus, because he can’t have a uterus and never carry a baby. I don’t see why he can’t give his opinion though. Some people have certain beliefs, why can’t we respect them? Just because he can’t have children he can still feel strongly about it and hasn’t been nasty or offensive in his comments.

Because it's not something he will ever have to worry about, a decision he will ever have to make or live with."

How do you know he’s never been involved in such a decision or never will be? How do you know he hasn’t sat down with his partner and had to make one of the hardest decisions ever? Or do you think it only affects women? Because no, it doesn’t.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m not going to respect someone’s belief that infringes on my rights. Keep your opinions off my body.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As a bloke I'm totally opposed to what took place today, but if I were of the opinion that it's ok in general I have every right to say so..

It's a slippery slope to a not very pleasant place for any of us to try and dictate who can and can't have an opinion on the many issues in society.."

There’s a difference between an opinion and taking away my rights; maybe I worded it wrong.

You can have an opinion on abortion rights as a person without a uterus: I don’t care about them.

When you try and take those opinions and make them rights about MY body; that’s when you shouldn’t be holding those opinions. My body, my choice.

Did you want a medal for protesting against this? For protesting against racial inequalities? It’s the bare minimum.

Keep your hands off my body.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Men; if you don’t want people with uteruses to have abortions; get a vasectomy.

Reply privately

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

"Men; if you don’t want people with uteruses to have abortions; get a vasectomy. "

Reply privately

By *eliusMan
over a year ago

Henlow

Well at least they can sit round the table with the Taliban and discuss how they both agree on how women’s rights are insignificant.

God bless ‘Merica!

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

It's a slippery slope to a not very pleasant place for any of us to try and dictate who can and can't have an opinion on the many issues in society..

There’s a difference between an opinion and taking away my rights; maybe I worded it wrong.

You can have an opinion on abortion rights as a person without a uterus: I don’t care about them.

When you try and take those opinions and make them rights about MY body; that’s when you shouldn’t be holding those opinions. My body, my choice.

Did you want a medal for protesting against this? For protesting against racial inequalities? It’s the bare minimum.

Keep your hands off my body."

Read the first sentence and chill out, I don't need yours or anyone's permission to be of the opinion I stated above..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Read the first sentence and chill out, I don't need yours or anyone's permission to be of the opinion I stated above..

"

Okay: and I have the right to say that I don’t care about your opinions. Is it only free speech when you want to talk?

Reply privately

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"

Because it's not something he will ever have to worry about, a decision he will ever have to make or live with.

How do you know he’s never been involved in such a decision or never will be? How do you know he hasn’t sat down with his partner and had to make one of the hardest decisions ever? Or do you think it only affects women? Because no, it doesn’t. "

He's never been pregnant and had to have an abortion. Not his body.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

I see this as an attack not only on women, but poor people

Does anyone think the rich, powerful and well connected people won’t have access to safe abortions? When the government official knocks up his mistress, he won’t be able to get what he needs? Or that’s with enough money you can make it happen?

I believe this is an attack on women, men and poor people. I don’t want an unplanned pregnancy to effect me, or the woman

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Okay: and I have the right to say that I don’t care about your opinions. Is it only free speech when you want to talk? "

I think it’s more the way you express your free speech. Comes across rather aggressive.

Reply privately

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"Men; if you don’t want people with uteruses to have abortions; get a vasectomy. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Okay: and I have the right to say that I don’t care about your opinions. Is it only free speech when you want to talk?

I think it’s more the way you express your free speech. Comes across rather aggressive. "

It’s not aggression; and tone policing gets you nowhere.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I think it’s more the way you express your free speech. Comes across rather aggressive.

It’s not aggression; and tone policing gets you nowhere. "

Comes across that way to me. Can’t speak for everyone.

Reply privately

By *inkycarolineTV/TS
over a year ago

Kilwinning

"Absolutely horrific!

This is going to make life so so much harder for many poor women and girls "

One woman voted in favour.....

Backward country.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I see this as an attack not only on women, but poor people

Does anyone think the rich, powerful and well connected people won’t have access to safe abortions? When the government official knocks up his mistress, he won’t be able to get what he needs? Or that’s with enough money you can make it happen?

I believe this is an attack on women, men and poor people. I don’t want an unplanned pregnancy to effect me, or the woman "

Yup

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Okay: and I have the right to say that I don’t care about your opinions. Is it only free speech when you want to talk? "

That's fine, I'm not about to lose sleep over that tbh it also doesn't diminish the validity of my opinion despite your confusion..

Some wrongs are shared common wrongs regardless, perhaps accept that and direct your anger in the right direction..

Reply privately

By *yourselfMan
over a year ago

Heworth

It's outrageous that the government decides what a woman does with her body. Entitled old white guys ruling what a woman does. I'm ashamed to be a man sometimes

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I believe this is an attack on women, men and poor people. I don’t want an unplanned pregnancy to effect me, or the woman "

It won’t affect you. You have no right to have an opinion. You have no uterus.

Reply privately

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Men; if you don’t want people with uteruses to have abortions; get a vasectomy.

"

The hypocrisy of that statement is amazing.

So people can't tell you what to do with your body yet you can tell men what to do with theirs?

I feel this thread has turned into a slanging match.

I'm out of here.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Absolutely. The most common reason for abortion is financial reasons. The biggest thing the USA can ever do to reduce the number of abortions is make it more affordable to have children. They won't do that though. Nor make contraception more accessible and affordable. Because it isn't really about preventing abortions.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If the majority of people in a state voted for banning it should the federal government say no listen to what we say?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Men; if you don’t want people with uteruses to have abortions; get a vasectomy.

So people can't tell you what to do with your body yet you can tell men what to do with theirs?

I'm out of here."

Wow look at that…you’re ALMOST getting it. If men aren’t allowed to be told what to do with their bodies; why do people with uteruses have to be told?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I believe this is an attack on women, men and poor people. I don’t want an unplanned pregnancy to effect me, or the woman

It won’t affect you. You have no right to have an opinion. You have no uterus. "

I literally reworded and clarified what I meant

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

It won’t affect you. You have no right to have an opinion. You have no uterus. "

I have no rights over the child either way. She can choose to kill it off or force me to be a father and provider

This just cuts those options in half

Dang uterus

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

It won’t affect you. You have no right to have an opinion. You have no uterus.

I literally reworded and clarified what I meant "

It’s not just you who said it.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm out of here."

It's not really though. Those who want to control women's bodies but object to that statement are hypocrites. In that situation, those who want to control others bodies have theirs controlled and those who believe in choice for others have choice themselves. I don't agree with it but the idea isn't hypocritical really.

Reply privately

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I'm out of here."

That's the whole point though...

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

I’m not going to respect someone’s belief that infringes on my rights. Keep your opinions off my body. "

I'm pro abortion rights.

But if you don't care about the opinion of people without a uterus, do you not want me giving me opinions or my support in favour of choice of abortion?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m not going to respect someone’s belief that infringes on my rights. Keep your opinions off my body.

I'm pro abortion rights.

But if you don't care about the opinion of people without a uterus, do you not want me giving me opinions or my support in favour of choice of abortion?

"

Go back and see where I reworded it then come back to me

Reply privately

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

America has enshrined the right of an unborn fetus to attend school and be shot with an assult rifle

Reply privately

over a year ago

"America has enshrined the right of an unborn fetus to attend school and be shot with an assult rifle "

What does guns have to do with roe vs Wade ? You do realize there is a gun bill sitting on the president's desk waiting for his signature.

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

I'm pro abortion rights.

Go back and see where I reworded it then come back to me"

Ah, yes. I missed that bit sorry.

Yes, as with everything anyone has the right to an opinion and everyone has the right to ignore those opinions.

But no one should have the right to force someone to do something to their own bodies. That should always be a personal choice.

However, in the case of birth it is tricky as the pregnancy is not the be all and end all of it (stay with me a moment). It takes two to concieve and the impact of having an abortion or going through with the birth can have a massive effect on both parties physically and mentally so the opinion of both (in a healthy relationship, and not of a random judge or passer-by) should be taken into consideration, as should the massive impact on the uterus owners body, and these impacts should be weighed up appropriately.

At the end though, I think we are in agreement that a random man (or anyone really) should not be judging over a uterus owners body.

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I've just been reading an article written by an American woman who was persuaded by pro-life, religious people to not have an abortion; with them saying she was being selfish to want to abort the baby.

It's probably the same people shouting that people shouldn't have children they can't afford and it's not up to the state to feed their children. "

That's basically what she said happened. They wanted her to keep the baby, and give it away because she was single and poor, and the help people like her get in the US is pretty poor to nonexistent.

Reply privately

over a year ago

A crazy country with way too many bible bashing head cases.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm pro abortion rights.

Go back and see where I reworded it then come back to me

Ah, yes. I missed that bit sorry.

Yes, as with everything anyone has the right to an opinion and everyone has the right to ignore those opinions.

But no one should have the right to force someone to do something to their own bodies. That should always be a personal choice.

However, in the case of birth it is tricky as the pregnancy is not the be all and end all of it (stay with me a moment). It takes two to concieve and the impact of having an abortion or going through with the birth can have a massive effect on both parties physically and mentally so the opinion of both (in a healthy relationship, and not of a random judge or passer-by) should be taken into consideration, as should the massive impact on the uterus owners body, and these impacts should be weighed up appropriately.

At the end though, I think we are in agreement that a random man (or anyone really) should not be judging over a uterus owners body. "

It takes two to conceive but only one to carry the baby. The after effects of pregnancy can last a LIFETIME. Do I think both opinions should be taken into account? Yes; but ultimately the decision is the one who carrying the baby. The effects of pregnancy are often irreversible; and pregnancy can literally kill you.

Reply privately

By *eliusMan
over a year ago

Henlow

Well at least they can sit round the table with the Taliban and discuss how they both agree on how women’s rights are insignificant.

God bless ‘Merica!

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

"...

It takes two to conceive but only one to carry the baby. The after effects of pregnancy can last a LIFETIME. Do I think both opinions should be taken into account? Yes; but ultimately the decision is the one who carrying the baby. The effects of pregnancy are often irreversible; and pregnancy can literally kill you. "

True, as I said, the opinions needed weighing up appropriately. So massively in favour of the child bearers health.

Reply privately

By *irthandgirthMan
over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

Red states will turn into 1970s/80s Ireland. So many women "visiting aunts" out of state. Although I think a few are going to criminalise going out of state for an abortion.

The US is amongst the lowest investors in Sex Ed and family planning. And now they are punishing women they failed to educate or protect.

Its regressing at an astonishing rate. This makes me sad.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well at least they can sit round the table with the Taliban and discuss how they both agree on how women’s rights are insignificant.

God bless ‘Merica!"

states and the people in them vote for their destinies don't ya think ?and before be you bash me I am pro abortion..if they want to be ignorant so be it.

Reply privately

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Hardly much of a shocker. The supreme court has been stacked with right wingers and they did what we knew they would. So glad I don't live there anymore.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well at least they can sit round the table with the Taliban and discuss how they both agree on how women’s rights are insignificant.

God bless ‘Merica! states and the people in them vote for their destinies don't ya think ?and before be you bash me I am pro abortion..if they want to be ignorant so be it."

It's like federal elections some states disagree .It's up to the people of each individual state.

Reply privately

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I'm not sure if I'm allowed an opinion in this argument or not. I'm a woman. I have a uterus. And I can't have children. Just can't. I've had 10 miscarriages, lost 12 babies.

I believe everyone has a right to an opinion though, and it saddens me that this issue, which realistically is a human rights argument, is being turned into us (women with uteruses) versus them (anyone else). If it is happening here, it is likely happening all over the place.

I believe in a woman's right to choose what happens to her body. Sorry to the menfolk out there, but I really do. Father's rights, men's rights, that's a discussion for another time.

And I believe that given that the world has the medical technology to offer safe abortion, it shouldn't even be a discussion as to whether or not anyone has the right to access it. I defer to those who know better than I as to what point in a pregnancy that should occur.

So I don't believe that abortion should be a state issue in the USA, but I don't make their decisions. I hope that this isn't the start of a giant walk in massive steps backwards, and I do believe that once states legislate on the issue, migration across state lines will occur. I also believe that there will be a hell of a lot more medical emergencies due to unsafe abortion among the poorer women. Probably a lot more deaths.

Oh, and I mentioned my miscarriages. I'd have died during at least 3 of them if it weren't for medical intervention. If I lived in certain parts of the world, soon to be certain parts of America, I'd be grateful for the fact that what they scraped out of me while I was bleeding out was already dead. And I never want to have to be grateful for that.

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

God bless ‘Merica! states and the people in them vote for their destinies don't ya think ?and before be you bash me I am pro abortion..if they want to be ignorant so be it.

It's like federal elections some states disagree .It's up to the people of each individual state."

Except it is not, due to the intrastate extradition clause. which means if someone leaves Texas to have an abortion, Texas can label them a fugitive and FORCE the state they went to to turn them back over.

So even if you move state, you can potentially be punished.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm not sure if I'm allowed an opinion in this argument or not. I'm a woman. I have a uterus. And I can't have children. Just can't. I've had 10 miscarriages, lost 12 babies.

I believe everyone has a right to an opinion though, and it saddens me that this issue, which realistically is a human rights argument, is being turned into us (women with uteruses) versus them (anyone else). If it is happening here, it is likely happening all over the place.

I believe in a woman's right to choose what happens to her body. Sorry to the menfolk out there, but I really do. Father's rights, men's rights, that's a discussion for another time.

And I believe that given that the world has the medical technology to offer safe abortion, it shouldn't even be a discussion as to whether or not anyone has the right to access it. I defer to those who know better than I as to what point in a pregnancy that should occur.

So I don't believe that abortion should be a state issue in the USA, but I don't make their decisions. I hope that this isn't the start of a giant walk in massive steps backwards, and I do believe that once states legislate on the issue, migration across state lines will occur. I also believe that there will be a hell of a lot more medical emergencies due to unsafe abortion among the poorer women. Probably a lot more deaths.

Oh, and I mentioned my miscarriages. I'd have died during at least 3 of them if it weren't for medical intervention. If I lived in certain parts of the world, soon to be certain parts of America, I'd be grateful for the fact that what they scraped out of me while I was bleeding out was already dead. And I never want to have to be grateful for that.

"

Wonderfully put. So sorry for your miscarriages . Sending you love and healing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Most Americans do not trust the federal government on their decisions. We are individuals not reliant on what government tells us what to do. It's a concept that is kind of blind to other nations. It's the "village theory" that drives us. Why should I care for someone 3000 miles away. They have no impact on my life. Hence kicking it back to the states to make their stupid decisions. I am American. It's what we believe.

Reply privately

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere else

Yes. This is why it’s a disaster for the whole country.

My heart hurts. I’m American - would never return to live there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

My heart hurts. I’m American - would never return to live there. "

choices it's how it works if Texas wants to be fools let them be fools. Nothing wrong with that.

Reply privately

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

My heart hurts. I’m American - would never return to live there. choices it's how it works if Texas wants to be fools let them be fools. Nothing wrong with that."

But Texas Laws quite literally can affect people that leave Texas, And anyone who leaves Texas for an abortion WILL be labelled a criminal and a fugitive even if they do not return. And like I said before with the intrastate extradition clause others states will have no choice but to send them back.

The world is no longer the world where the individual states could be left alone to do their own thing, they are far to intrinsically linked in this day and age.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Right most people got the wrong end of the stick on this one.

I'm no activist but a three month old foetus is pretty well formed. I think at that point, its very wrong. "

But it's a long way off from surviving outside the womb.

Reply privately