Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What is wrong with

Jump to newest

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

one liner profiles? I know it has been discussed before... but there are so many people (I am afraid mainly guys) who dont feel the need to say anything about themselves.

Yes, one could argue... I could ask the relevant questions of the person if I am interested. The point is that I am actually not getting to that point as a one liner profile, stating that" looking for some fun" (we all do) is so unimaginative and dull that it makes me think we would not have anything in common in the first place.

Now today I have actually pointed out to a few (really nice once I got talking to them) guys that it is necessary to say a bit about yourself in order to attract people and they seem to have taken it on board resulting in much improved profiles.

So come on, guys... put something in there.... if you have not already...;-)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"one liner profiles? I know it has been discussed before... but there are so many people (I am afraid mainly guys) who dont feel the need to say anything about themselves.

Yes, one could argue... I could ask the relevant questions of the person if I am interested. The point is that I am actually not getting to that point as a one liner profile, stating that" looking for some fun" (we all do) is so unimaginative and dull that it makes me think we would not have anything in common in the first place.

Now today I have actually pointed out to a few (really nice once I got talking to them) guys that it is necessary to say a bit about yourself in order to attract people and they seem to have taken it on board resulting in much improved profiles.

So come on, guys... put something in there.... if you have not already...;-) "

I'd love to put something in there

And I hope you might enjoy it

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"one liner profiles? I know it has been discussed before... but there are so many people (I am afraid mainly guys) who dont feel the need to say anything about themselves.

So come on, guys... put something in there.... if you have not already...;-)

I'd love to put something in there

And I hope you might enjoy it "

Trust you to pick me up on that...

And yours is nice! (Profile that is)

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I totally agree with you, and there are so many 'help with my profile' threads, just seems that the people that should read the forums for said advise never do!

If the profile is lacking in information, I can't be bothered, especially with the 'just ask' one's, I'm not the spanish inquisition, and I don't have 20 questions to ask,

Therefore I can't be arsed, and therefore probably help create half of the moaning, no reply to my message threads

over a year ago

I find the "take me I'm yours" one liner profile works for me.

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I totally agree with you, and there are so many 'help with my profile' threads, just seems that the people that should read the forums for said advise never do!

If the profile is lacking in information, I can't be bothered, especially with the 'just ask' one's, I'm not the spanish inquisition, and I don't have 20 questions to ask,

Therefore I can't be arsed, and therefore probably help create half of the moaning, no reply to my message threads "

Absolutely, I dont want to have to ask questions - and I think a lot of really lovely guys are missing out as they dont recognise the importance of "selling" themselves in the first place. The profile is in a way like a business card... an introduction to the person.

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I find the "take me I'm yours" one liner profile works for me. "

over a year ago

I would sooner look at a one liner profile that says sod all than one that takes 10/12 paragraphs to say the same - and there are plenty of those around too.

I think as forumites we are potentially more critical of profiles than the average Fab user and I have found personally that having a profile that is comprehensive can be as offputting to some as having an essentially blank one is to others.

The more you put, the less chance you have of someone reading it all and also, the more you put the more chance you have of someone clicking off cos if they do read it all they will find something unattractive in it and/or you.

That may work for some, whereas others prefer to chat / exchange messages to find out about the other party.

Having it there in black and white can sometimes be offputting as we have the opportunity to read, judge and act accordingly without the interaction to delve deeper.

Once in conversation though, that delving comes naturally to some and in the context of that conversation what may be offputting as part of a profile actually makes sense when explained to us.

over a year ago

I get so bored when I try to draw out some conversation. Ill say, tell me about yourself, and they answer, what do you want to know.

The answer to that is absolutely nothing, its like pulling teeth, so I don't reply back.

We don't meet as much now that work is so busy so I really don't want to spend time dragging conversation out of someone if they can't even manage a few lines of messaging

over a year ago

"one liner profiles? I know it has been discussed before... but there are so many people (I am afraid mainly guys) who dont feel the need to say anything about themselves. "

Mainly guys? Well I don't look at guys' profiles, for obvious reasons, but let me tell you that it's incredible the number of women's profiles with barely one line!!

All the more incredible when you consider the number of complaints about guys sending one line messages!

What's good for the goose..........

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I would sooner look at a one liner profile that says sod all than one that takes 10/12 paragraphs to say the same - and there are plenty of those around too.

I think as forumites we are potentially more critical of profiles than the average Fab user and I have found personally that having a profile that is comprehensive can be as offputting to some as having an essentially blank one is to others.

The more you put, the less chance you have of someone reading it all and also, the more you put the more chance you have of someone clicking off cos if they do read it all they will find something unattractive in it and/or you.

That may work for some, whereas others prefer to chat / exchange messages to find out about the other party.

Having it there in black and white can sometimes be offputting as we have the opportunity to read, judge and act accordingly without the interaction to delve deeper.

Once in conversation though, that delving comes naturally to some and in the context of that conversation what may be offputting as part of a profile actually makes sense when explained to us."

I take your point re forumites possibly expecting more from a profile, regarding the long profile that is repetitive and not saying very much and also about possibly reducing one's chances by putting the "wrong" sort of message out. Yep, I can see where you are coming from.

Having said that... maybe there is a compromise between the two extremes?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

ive seen profiles on here that are nothing short of abusive and from what i see its mostly couples. Its not just limited to single guys thats for sure

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

Mainly guys? Well I don't look at guys' profiles, for obvious reasons, but let me tell you that it's incredible the number of women's profiles with barely one line!!

All the more incredible when you consider the number of complaints about guys sending one line messages!

What's good for the goose..........

"

Perhaps you are right as I only occasionally look at women's profiles. It just struck me today as I was on here for most of the day (working from home) and I had over 200 (first time) messages from guys and the vast majority, I d say 95 % were one liners. Maybe it is not so gender specific?

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"

I'm not the spanish inquisition, "

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

Sorry, couldn't resist

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

I'm not the spanish inquisition,

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

Sorry, couldn't resist "

I take it you are the ...Pope?

over a year ago

In different chats I've been (politely) accused of a lengthy profile that over-sells me, of having it about right, and of not giving enough detail. Help!

So I guess that my point is (yes, I have one, getting there, keep reading, oh you're bored already? where'd you go??) you can't please everyone, so decide what sort of personality you want to appeal to (for me it's someone who's arsed to read my profile ) and write accordingly.

Got there in the end...

over a year ago

"I would sooner look at a one liner profile that says sod all than one that takes 10/12 paragraphs to say the same - and there are plenty of those around too.

Once in conversation though, that delving comes naturally to some and in the context of that conversation what may be offputting as part of a profile actually makes sense when explained to us.I take your point re forumites possibly expecting more from a profile, regarding the long profile that is repetitive and not saying very much and also about possibly reducing one's chances by putting the "wrong" sort of message out. Yep, I can see where you are coming from.

Having said that... maybe there is a compromise between the two extremes? "

Oh there is definately a compromise to be made, but moreover, a profile should be dynamic and reflect our interests and our target audience AT THAT TIME.

For some, the target audience remains unchanged across time, but for others it does change and at different times you seek different things and therefore look for different people.

What a man finds attractive in a profile, a woman may not, what a woman finds attractive a man might not - and that applies to both singles and couples.

A consensus may exist but that does not equate to a given in many instances.

As an example, I offer you the example of the cock shot + few words (and preferably crudely written).

For many a woman and couples that combination would be offputting, but if looking for some physical contact with another bloke, it works wonders.

I can get say 20/25 people look at me across a day, but stick a couple of cock shots on including the avatar, alter the profile text and put a 'meet today' up and that number simply soars.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"

Sorry, couldn't resist

I take it you are the ...Pope? "

Pope's daughter - Lucrezia's my real name

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

Once in conversation though, that delving comes naturally to some and in the context of that conversation what may be offputting as part of a profile actually makes sense when explained to us.I take your point re forumites possibly expecting more from a profile, regarding the long profile that is repetitive and not saying very much and also about possibly reducing one's chances by putting the "wrong" sort of message out. Yep, I can see where you are coming from.

Having said that... maybe there is a compromise between the two extremes?

Oh there is definately a compromise to be made, but moreover, a profile should be dynamic and reflect our interests and our target audience AT THAT TIME.

For some, the target audience remains unchanged across time, but for others it does change and at different times you seek different things and therefore look for different people.

What a man finds attractive in a profile, a woman may not, what a woman finds attractive a man might not - and that applies to both singles and couples.

A consensus may exist but that does not equate to a given in many instances.

As an example, I offer you the example of the cock shot + few words (and preferably crudely written).

For many a woman and couples that combination would be offputting, but if looking for some physical contact with another bloke, it works wonders.

I can get say 20/25 people look at me across a day, but stick a couple of cock shots on including the avatar, alter the profile text and put a 'meet today' up and that number simply soars."

That is another really valid point... about women's perception of a "good" profile and men's! Women tend to want to see face pictures I guess and men are more focussed on the body shots.

You are also spot on actually about the profile needing to be dynamic as we change, our needs change and vary etc.

Yes, I can see totally where you are coming from.

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

Sorry, couldn't resist

I take it you are the ...Pope?

Pope's daughter - Lucrezia's my real name "

Holy mackerel... I feel I have put a spell on you...

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"In different chats I've been (politely) accused of a lengthy profile that over-sells me, of having it about right, and of not giving enough detail. Help!

So I guess that my point is (yes, I have one, getting there, keep reading, oh you're bored already? where'd you go??) you can't please everyone, so decide what sort of personality you want to appeal to (for me it's someone who's arsed to read my profile ) and write accordingly.

Got there in the end..."

My serious answer was going to be something along the lines of the above - many "help with my profile" threads have all of the above answers so I'd go with exactly what's said above.

I once gave a messagee another chance (his pix were very good) by replying "prove that you've read my profile and we'll see where we go from there" his response was along the lines of "I'm not gonna read War and Peace to get a shag" so obviously I messaged him my address and dropped my knickers immediately

One liners seldom do it for me, but if they've taken the time to read my profile and send me a joke, I'll take the time to reply

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"In different chats I've been (politely) accused of a lengthy profile that over-sells me, of having it about right, and of not giving enough detail. Help!

Got there in the end...

My serious answer was going to be something along the lines of the above - many "help with my profile" threads have all of the above answers so I'd go with exactly what's said above.

I once gave a messagee another chance (his pix were very good) by replying "prove that you've read my profile and we'll see where we go from there" his response was along the lines of "I'm not gonna read War and Peace to get a shag" so obviously I messaged him my address and dropped my knickers immediately

One liners seldom do it for me, but if they've taken the time to read my profile and send me a joke, I'll take the time to reply "

I can live with that one...and even agree with you!

over a year ago

Can someone please read my profile and tell me wots wrong with it !!!!!! ha ha

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Can someone please read my profile and tell me wots wrong with it !!!!!! ha ha

"

It is only wrong in that is failing to mention how..err adventurous you are How things simply happen when you are around...

over a year ago

It is only wrong in that is failing to mention how..err adventurous you are How things simply happen when you are around... "

well u keep telling people in the forums lol so I dont need to lol

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

It is only wrong in that is failing to mention how..err adventurous you are How things simply happen when you are around...

well u keep telling people in the forums lol so I dont need to lol "

Minxie they need to know... so they can prepare themselves mentally for their exciting adventure...

over a year ago

Would it be controversial to state that my biggest bugbear in reading the female profiles here is that so many are a list of "What I DON'T want for Xmas...".

I am fully aware that this is because so many single guys are complete wankers and you're having to put them off, so I reluctantly accept the necessity, but it is a shame that there is such a negative trend, it makes some lovely ladies seem...not so lovely

Needs must I s'pose...

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Would it be controversial to state that my biggest bugbear in reading the female profiles here is that so many are a list of "What I DON'T want for Xmas...".

I am fully aware that this is because so many single guys are complete wankers and you're having to put them off, so I reluctantly accept the necessity, but it is a shame that there is such a negative trend, it makes some lovely ladies seem...not so lovely

Needs must I s'pose..."

Really good point... I am going to look at mine again with that in mind!

over a year ago

Oh, and that wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, just an observation!!

over a year ago

well u keep telling people in the forums lol so I dont need to lol Minxie they need to know... so they can prepare themselves mentally for their exciting adventure..."

wot tell em before I get there ........... nah that would spoil the surprise lol

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Oh, and that wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, just an observation!! "
No, it was a good point and it made me think

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"Would it be controversial to state that my biggest bugbear in reading the female profiles here is that so many are a list of "What I DON'T want for Xmas...".

Needs must I s'pose..."

I fully agree - if I open a couple or single woman's profile and it's loads of shouty caps with NO SINGLE GUYS, NO TIMEWASTERS, NO JEWS, NO ASIANS, NO 7TH DAY ADVENTISTS - MY PREFERENCE, I click off and pop onto the next profile (although I have occasionally been tempted to send a message saying "Hi, I'm an asian jewish timewaster, my parents were 7th Day Adventists but converted to judaism after the 1976 schism...")

By the way MisterS, read your entire profile, and I like it

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

well u keep telling people in the forums lol so I dont need to lol Minxie they need to know... so they can prepare themselves mentally for their exciting adventure...

wot tell em before I get there ........... nah that would spoil the surprise lol "

True... better than a new Theme Park I d say

over a year ago

well u keep telling people in the forums lol so I dont need to lol Minxie they need to know... so they can prepare themselves mentally for their exciting adventure...

wot tell em before I get there ........... nah that would spoil the surprise lol True... better than a new Theme Park I d say "

u r now comparing me to a white knuckle ride ............. lol

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

By the way MisterS, read your entire profile, and I like it "

Me, too... now keep you greedy little paws off this one...;-)

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

wot tell em before I get there ........... nah that would spoil the surprise lol True... better than a new Theme Park I d say

u r now comparing me to a white knuckle ride ............. lol "

No, much better than that

over a year ago

"(although I have occasionally been tempted to send a message saying "Hi, I'm an asian jewish timewaster, my parents were 7th Day Adventists but converted to judaism after the 1976 schism...")

"

That almost made me fall off my chair laughing! Although the bit you wrote after was pretty good too

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"

Me, too... now keep you greedy little paws off this one...;-) "

Don't get your knickers in a twist Aphro, sure there's enough to go round, he does say feel free to bring a friend or 3

over a year ago

I've rewritten mine so many times, one day I'll get it write

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

Don't get your knickers in a twist Aphro, sure there's enough to go round, he does say feel free to bring a friend or 3"

Funny you said that - I just saw that, too. So who else are we bringing? Who is worth it?

over a year ago

I have mailed people with one liner profiles before to give them a chance. Unfortunately they were as dull as their profile so now I avoid them.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"

Don't get your knickers in a twist Aphro, sure there's enough to go round, he does say feel free to bring a friend or 3

Funny you said that - I just saw that, too. So who else are we bringing? Who is worth it? "

I feel a new thread coming up..."Who's gonna help Caz and Aphro ruin MisterS74"

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Of course, I count as 3 if I let Daz and Taz come forward, but that can get really messy sometimes

over a year ago

Worst case, if your need is extreme, I will settle for two. But that would be as a one-off, don't go thinking it sets a precedent or anything.

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

Funny you said that - I just saw that, too. So who else are we bringing? Who is worth it?

I feel a new thread coming up..."Who's gonna help Caz and Aphro ruin MisterS74""

Was thinking of "empowering" him

over a year ago

God knows where your gonna shove the batteries then

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I've rewritten mine so many times, one day I'll get it write "
Yours is fine

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"Worst case, if your need is extreme, I will settle for two. But that would be as a one-off, don't go thinking it sets a precedent or anything. "

That's very kind of you, check out our FF profile AphroCaz

over a year ago

"I've rewritten mine so many times, one day I'll get it write Yours is fine "

Thank you for that endorsement

over a year ago

Ah, I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type! I love this place, even if I never get another meet I'll still die happy

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Worst case, if your need is extreme, I will settle for two. But that would be as a one-off, don't go thinking it sets a precedent or anything.

That's very kind of you, check out our FF profile AphroCaz "

Damn I did not renew subscription....

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"Ah, I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type! I love this place, even if I never get another meet I'll still die happy

"

Bit like that myself - the forums have kept me sane (ish) recently while I've been a bit poorly...not gonna put the mockers on never getting another meet by typing it (fux ache, I'm female, I could get a meet if I had 6 fingers...oops I'm Cumbrian, I do have 6 fingers...and an extra nipple...)

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Ah, I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type! I love this place, even if I never get another meet I'll still die happy

"

You might die (not sure if happy) if you met the two of us in one night

over a year ago

"Worst case, if your need is extreme, I will settle for two. But that would be as a one-off, don't go thinking it sets a precedent or anything.

That's very kind of you, check out our FF profile AphroCaz Damn I did not renew subscription...."

Is that a time waster excuse

over a year ago

You might die (not sure if happy) if you met the two of us in one night "

What a way to go tho

over a year ago

You might die (not sure if happy) if you met the two of us in one night "

Hey it beats wasting away aged 94 on some geriatric ward wondering what it really feels like to be shagged to death by a six-fingered Cumbrian and her evil Brummie sidekick, and knowing it's too late to find out

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

That's very kind of you, check out our FF profile AphroCaz Damn I did not renew subscription....

Is that a time waster excuse "

Its Caz' fault - she was too busy flaunting something - cant remember what

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

Hey it beats wasting away aged 94 on some geriatric ward wondering what it really feels like to be shagged to death by a six-fingered Cumbrian and her evil Brummie sidekick, and knowing it's too late to find out "

If only.... you knew...;-)

over a year ago

Well I am off to bed with that thought. And what a thought!

Ahhh, to sleep, perchance to dream...

Night night you lovely nutters!

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

When it comes to profiles I get a mixed message, so never know which one to agree with, some say, well it took me an hour to read, but thought I would message you anyway (obviously I have tried to put some people off!)

Then I get the messages to say, it's good to see a woman who know's what she wants and what she is looking for, so sometimes you can't bloody win, any comments lol feel free, I'm big enough and ugly enough to take it

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"When it comes to profiles I get a mixed message, so never know which one to agree with, some say, well it took me an hour to read, but thought I would message you anyway (obviously I have tried to put some people off!)

Then I get the messages to say, it's good to see a woman who know's what she wants and what she is looking for, so sometimes you can't bloody win, any comments lol feel free, I'm big enough and ugly enough to take it "

To be honest, I have never been criticised for my profile - only positive feedback that they liked a woman who knows what she wants and that the profile was well worded. That encourages me to ask for similar of men... but I do hear the points made in this thread. As always I guess things are not black and white.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Hey it beats wasting away aged 94 on some geriatric ward wondering what it really feels like to be shagged to death by a six-fingered Cumbrian and her evil Brummie sidekick, and knowing it's too late to find out "

Proper belly laughed at that - welcome to the forums by the way - you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave

Post new Message to Thread