Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The end of the line for the Night of the senses ball

By *he tactile technician OP   Man
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

It is with great disappointment that I'm posting a letter from Tuppy

Dear Respected Ball Guests and Volunteers,

Today is my birthday and the 25th Anniversary of the Ball, which first took place at the London Dungeon on 12th November 1986, on my birthday.

My Residents' Association had banned me from running Outsiders from my flat, and I needed to raise funds for renting an office. A sex party was the only kind of event I knew anything about, so I started the Sex Maniac's Ball (named after decades of my Sex Maniac's Diaries which were being such a success). Event management seemed a lot of effort but, hey, I thought, at least I'll get laid on all my birthdays for the rest of my life!

How wrong I was, the closest I ever came was a one-hour blow job I gave a beautiful cellist playing in the Sensuality Chamber (who came majestically all over his cello on the last crescendo of the duet, at 6am!). Sex and event management don't mix!

Outsiders is soon to have Online Joining and an online Members Area which means we can kiss paper goodbye and become virtual. We can dump the office and so Yippee! I no longer need to fund raise!

Goodbye Night of the Senses and Erotic Awards and Hello Time for me to spend on Outsiders again, and write my book commissioned by Jessica Kingsley, "Supporting Disabled People to fulfil their Sexual Lives — a clear guide for Health and Social Care Professionals". I might even get some moments to relax and enjoy the mountains and lochs around me.

Nobody wants the Ball to stop. It does seem a wasted fund-raising opportunity, but it takes six months of my year (probably because I'm not very good at it — I am, after all, only a zoologist and sex therapist). If only I could find some young enthusiast to take it on, they would have my backing and support. It may never be quite as I created it, but things can evolve and improve. Many of the volunteers would continue to help, so long as the Outsiders Trust received cash as a result.

It is a risk for Outsiders, as even without the rent, Outsiders still costs several hundred a month in broadband, telephone, travel and stuff, but I want to grab this opportunity to change my life around, get back to basics and make the most of what talent I have.

We'll continue to put on events such as Sexual Freedom Day for Disabled People and maybe this will grow.

In the meantime, try to think of someone who could save the Ball, and maybe think of a little (perhaps Gift Aided) regular or irregular donation* to keep us afloat. I hope to see you all again before too long.

Love, Tuppy x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
Post new Message to Thread