Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Getting fed up now!!!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm sick of waiting to hear from a job I went for. 14 days now and would of thought I would of heard something by now.... Unhappy chappy

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Don't call us, we'll call you

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

call them and ask have they appointed anyone as yet!!

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

A lot of employers seem to be very rude these days, not bothering to reply to candidates even though it's not even costing them a stamp to send a polite email.

My daughter was made redundant a couple of months ago and has applied for literally hundreds of jobs - only a handful have bothered to email back.

All the while, someone who is desperately hopeful is waiting ... and waiting

over a year ago

Good luck!! Maybe they are busy working out your massive salary.

I applied for a job and I never heard back anything at all. It was in the same department I work in FFS!! Very crap boss....

over a year ago

I'm fortunate to already be in a job, it's as a contractor and I really want a permanent job and not hope that my current employer will let me go on short notice especially on top of xmas

over a year ago

My son was often waiting for jobs to get back, and they never did. I think this is very rude and should be pulled up on on esp the bigger company's

over a year ago

"My son was often waiting for jobs to get back, and they never did. I think this is very rude and should be pulled up on on esp the bigger company's "

I agree have had this in the past but think I've been fortunate as the railway have never done this before.... First time for everything I suppose

By *rumalexMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"My son was often waiting for jobs to get back, and they never did. I think this is very rude and should be pulled up on on esp the bigger company's

I agree have had this in the past but think I've been fortunate as the railway have never done this before.... First time for everything I suppose "

i used to work for the railways, 14 days wait is nothing.. good luck

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

keep hunting but give them a call of interest

over a year ago

no news is bad news in such cases

if you dont hear back it usually means they arnt interested, lots of companies interview many people and simply dont have the time to call everyone back to say, no thanks

By *toneblueMan
over a year ago

Southampton

I'm now in the best job I ever had and it was six months after application before I heard a thing. So don't give up hope, you never know.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

i dont think many employers do contact you if you have been unsucessful these days, they will leave it up to you if you wat feed back to contact them

By *aris23Woman
over a year ago

France

Sometimes interviewers cannot make a decision between candidates and if you make the effort to call and enquire on their decision it can be enough to make them decide on you as the only one with enough interest to pursue the job.

Also, ring and ask if you can have feedback on how you interviewed - you can pick up useful pointers for your next interview.

over a year ago

Chase them up and ask them. They may be dithering over who to shortlist and if you appear to be a 'go getter' that may give you the edge. Basically, what have you got to lose?

Post new Message to Thread