Kevin Bridges one hell of a funny guy

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irtycumboCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hey

Your favourite stand up comedians?

Kevin Bridges one hell of a funny guy "

Being Scottish myself...I agree Kevin bridges...he is hilarious.. but my all time favourite is Lee Evans... shame he has retired now

By *riel13Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

Greg Davies... But I am just a little bit in love with him, so ya know

By *onderstuff73mMan
over a year ago

Brum

James Acaster, Ricky Gervais, Rhod Gilbert, Gred Davies, Lee Mack, Ed Byrne. The list goes on and on….

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Gary Delainey

Micky Flannigan

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

I'm fairly new to stand up but I like the standards of Gervais, Millican and Chappelle. Eddie Murphy's Raw is still one of the best though.

C

By *carlet_woman_xxWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

Greg Davies. Ricky Gervais

By *ingo00Man
over a year ago

Cowley

Peter Kay, Rhod Gilbert, Greg Davies

over a year ago

Jasper Carrott

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Kevin Bridges is one of my my favourites too.

Also Jon Richardson. I relate to him on a level I'm a bit uncomfortable with

over a year ago

Bill Hicks , George Carlin , Frankie Boyle , Jimmy Carr

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

Eddie Izzard, James Acaster, Hannah Gadsby, Ross Noble, Ed Byrne, Sarah Millican to name just a few.

I instantly dismiss stand ups who punch down with their material.

By *amuelsquestMan
over a year ago

Sutton at hone

Ricky gervais

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

Eddie Murphy Raw was hilarious at the time. Laughed til I was almost sick.

Micky Flanagan, the Out Out one which elevated him to becoming a household name was top tier comedy.

Louis CK Sincerely, I think that's the title, is probably his best show. Previously I enjoyed elements of his comedy but in this one I felt the whole thing worked.

Simon Amstell... All his shows follow a similar theme and don't really stray into new territory but his storytelling and delivery is unique. Personally, I am extremely fond of him.

over a year ago

Doug Stanhope, Louis CK was great before he became a pariah.

-Mr

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

We love Sarah Millican. We also really like Joe Lycett.

over a year ago

Stewart Lee until we met him and he was a bit of a dick so can't really watch him anymore, but can't deny his work was brilliant.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Micky Flanagan & bill burr are two of my favourites.

over a year ago

"Hey

Your favourite stand up comedians?

Kevin Bridges one hell of a funny guy

Being Scottish myself...I agree Kevin bridges...he is hilarious.. but my all time favourite is Lee Evans... shame he has retired now "

Lee Evans is incredible live I will give you that. His energy is infectious.

Frankie Boyle was amazing before he went all political.

Spending last few years at Edinburgh Festival there has been 3 clear standouts for me. Leo kearse, Andrew Lawrence and Glen Wool.

Old school zero fucks given comedians.

By *amuelsquestMan
over a year ago

Sutton at hone

Tommy Cooper ,just like that

By *r.Pleasure OP   Man
over a year ago

London

A lot of great names so far

Thoughts on

Russell Peters?

Paul Chowdhry?

There’s a few new (to me) on Netflix, anyone seen em?

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Aaron chen

over a year ago

Milton Jones. Just so off the wall!

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Love stand up

Another yes to Kevin bridges

Wish I had someone to go Glee club with

Favourites are Michael McIntyre “pants down you’re the loser” and any of his routines about his kids actually but also in relation to fab his bit about his wife putting tights on

Also Sarah millican who if you follow her on sm is an absolute sweetheart and does an amazingly kind thing over Xmas and new year holidays for those spending them alone

Russell Howard I’ve seen live and he was amazing

Russell Kane, Jon Richardson, Mickey Flanagan , Adam hills, Daniel sloss, Dave Gorman (used to love “modern life is good ish”), dara o’briain, Jason Manford, jo brand, John bishop, russell brand (possibly controversial), Sara pascoe, Zoe Lyons, roisin conaty, Katherine Ryan

Yea I like comedy

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

Mickey Flanagan is someone I’d love to see live but haven’t been able to yet.

I’ve seen both Russell Peters and Chris Rock live this year which was awesome.

Also love Sarah Millican, Shappi Khorsandi, Kevin Hart, Dave Chapelle and Richard Pryor

over a year ago

Billy Connelly

By *laymateteeMan
over a year ago

bristol

[Removed by poster at 22/06/22 06:29:01]

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Just seen the blind comedian Chris McCausland and he was very funny. Poignant and self deflating all the time.

Would love to see Lee Mack. I am seriously thinking about going to London to see the Upstart Crow run with David Mitchell. That is such a great series.

By *r-8-BBCMan
over a year ago

LONDON

[Removed by poster at 22/06/22 06:28:08]

By *laymateteeMan
over a year ago

bristol

Steve Harvey, Trevor Noah,Katt Williams, Bennie Mac,Wanda Sykes,Russell Peters and Chris Rock

By *r-8-BBCMan
over a year ago

LONDON

Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, Dave Chapelle and Lee Evans

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Bill Bailey

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Deborah Frances White

Dianne Spencer

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

Stan Boardman's 'Fokker' joke on the Des O'Connor show. Caused an outrage at the time and got Stan fired.

By *hesblokeMan
over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Billy Connolly will always be my No. 1

over a year ago

"Jasper Carrott"

I remember him being sooo funny back in the day. Tempted to revisit some of his records to see if it stood the test of time

over a year ago

Peter Kay

over a year ago

Saw Nigel Ng last week and he was a lot funnier than expected.

The old Woody Allen stand up is classic.

Saw some awful stand ups at Shelly's pub in Mayfair early 90s, when every wannabe actor was trying their hand at stand up.

By *ranimallxl5Man
over a year ago

Winchester

John Kearns, Matt Ewin, Romesh, Lazy Susan, Troy Hawke, Carl Donnelly, James Acaster

Love Taskmaster

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Lee Evans

Kevin Bridges

Jason Byrne

Michael McIntyre

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I’ve seen Alan Carr live, enjoyed that.

I’m also fond of Tom Allen.

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

Dylan Moran, Patrick Kielty, Steven Wright - we know the speed of light…. Whats the speed of dark? Jo Brand Stu Francis Bill Burr

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Old school ones would be Victoria woods, Ben Elton and Billy Connolly.

Of the more modern ones Sarah Milligan and Ricky Gervais.

By *al kalMan
over a year ago

london

Sit Down!

……

Ok, I’ll get my coat…..

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I think Bill Bailey is very under rated as was Sean lock...

Some of the more popular and ubiquitous ones have gone from being outstandingly creative and funny at the start to very dull and repetitive now (but very successful for them which is to be congratulated and fair play)

I was listening to a comedy writer on the radio and it never occurred to me that some of the "tv" comedians have material written for them..which doesn't devalue anything but I just found it interesting.

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

Not to everyone’s taste but I do love Stewart Lee

Marc

over a year ago

Basically the cast of mock the week

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Micky Flanagan

Milton Jones

Lee Mack.

By *exi_LexiTV/TS
over a year ago

wales

Do enjoy most stand up, but there is one in my eyes that should hurry up and fall in front of a fast moving vehicle, Ricky Gervais, cant stand the twat

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Do enjoy most stand up, but there is one in my eyes that should hurry up and fall in front of a fast moving vehicle, Ricky Gervais, cant stand the twat"

I don't mind his stand-up, my issue is he can't let a joke breathe. He says a controversial punch line and then immediately goes "oh shut up" or "come on now". That annoys the hell out of me

By *weet and SpiceCouple
over a year ago

Around the Midlands

Russell Peters (although his older material was so much better)

Eddie Murphy in Raw

Sarah Millican

Michael McIntyre

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

"Saw Nigel Ng last week and he was a lot funnier than expected.

The old Woody Allen stand up is classic.

Saw some awful stand ups at Shelly's pub in Mayfair early 90s, when every wannabe actor was trying their hand at stand up."

Fuiyoh ...I like uncle roger

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

Bill Burr

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

"I think Bill Bailey is very under rated as was Sean lock...

Some of the more popular and ubiquitous ones have gone from being outstandingly creative and funny at the start to very dull and repetitive now (but very successful for them which is to be congratulated and fair play)

I was listening to a comedy writer on the radio and it never occurred to me that some of the "tv" comedians have material written for them..which doesn't devalue anything but I just found it interesting. "

Comics now seem to come from middle class backgrounds. Gone are the days of comics honing their craft supported by being on the dole and writing political and more meaningful material. I think the benefits system has impacted across the board culturally into music too where most musicians are bedroom artists with a macs, mixers and other expensive tech rather than your traditional guitar based artist playing in pubs. The modern comic aspires to appear on Dave becoming a TV presenter or panel show. Now with woke culture a lot of the edge is lost.

Not an expert but I don't think having writers is entirely new and Chapelle references this in his show. Comics 'borrow' and sell jokes to others.

I'm nostalgic for the past and my personal preference is for the old but that's not to say that I feel all modern art is rubbish. But I feel the old does stand the test of time to remain timeless.

Kevin Hart is a modern phenomenon. Yet I don't think I have laughed at a single joke of his despite having watched two shows. But I really appreciate him in Jumanji, or maybe its just the films rather than his performances itself.

By *r.Pleasure OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Russell Peters (although his older material was so much better)

Eddie Murphy in Raw

Sarah Millican

Michael McIntyre"

Somebowdy gona get herrt.

Chinese impression killed me

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I was listening to a comedy writer on the radio and it never occurred to me that some of the "tv" comedians have material written for them..which doesn't devalue anything but I just found it interesting.

Comics now seem to come from middle class backgrounds. Gone are the days of comics honing their craft supported by being on the dole and writing political and more meaningful material. I think the benefits system has impacted across the board culturally into music too where most musicians are bedroom artists with a macs, mixers and other expensive tech rather than your traditional guitar based artist playing in pubs. The modern comic aspires to appear on Dave becoming a TV presenter or panel show. Now with woke culture a lot of the edge is lost.

Not an expert but I don't think having writers is entirely new and Chapelle references this in his show. Comics 'borrow' and sell jokes to others.

I'm nostalgic for the past and my personal preference is for the old but that's not to say that I feel all modern art is rubbish. But I feel the old does stand the test of time to remain timeless.

Kevin Hart is a modern phenomenon. Yet I don't think I have laughed at a single joke of his despite having watched two shows. But I really appreciate him in Jumanji, or maybe its just the films rather than his performances itself.

"

That's a great point... Funny enough my son was doing his thing showing me YouTube videos...

"dad have you heard of this bloke Bernard.. Marking... Marking... Manning or something,?" then proceeded to show me manning clips from the 70s which... Yeah were probably not very pc now...but the boy found them funny.

over a year ago

Sean Locke RIP

By *irthandgirthMan
over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

Lee Mack and Dara O Briain.

With Dara I left the theatre feeling like I had been in a boxing match. I hurt from hips yo jaw from laughing.

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

That's a great point... Funny enough my son was doing his thing showing me YouTube videos...

"dad have you heard of this bloke Bernard.. Marking... Marking... Manning or something,?" then proceeded to show me manning clips from the 70s which... Yeah were probably not very pc now...but the boy found them funny. "

I've contradicted myself a bit in saying old acts are timeless as they are clearly of their time and we are in a different era now with different sensibilities in place. But that aside, I think the craftsmanship of those jokes still hold up.

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"I've contradicted myself a bit in saying old acts are timeless as they are clearly of their time and we are in a different era now with different sensibilities in place. But that aside, I think the craftsmanship of those jokes still hold up. "

I don't think it is necessarily a contradiction, comedy that stands the test of time is stuff which doesn't punch down and stuff which isn't centred on the times pop culture. sure it is harder to write that material, but it does exist.

over a year ago

Tim Minchin

Bill Bailey

over a year ago

Kevin bridges, Tim Dillon, Bill Hicks, George Carlin to name a few

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Very much agree with that - don’t even get me started on Ben Elton selling out!

If we’re going old school I loved Dave Allen and Billy Connolly back in the day

over a year ago

Roy chubby Brown

See him live in Blackpool

Always makes me smile

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

Saw a guy on Saturday called Matt Price. He’s from Cornwall and he was hilarious. Literally crying with laughter his whole set.

By *imbo59seMan
over a year ago

North Norfolk

Jimmy Jones, a slightly (!) cleaner version of Jim Davidson.

John Kearns, I just can't get on with.....much to his father's disgust, who is a good friend of mine.

By *oroRick1027Man
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"Jasper Carrott

I remember him being sooo funny back in the day. Tempted to revisit some of his records to see if it stood the test of time "

Mother in laaaaawwwwwwww

By *oroRick1027Man
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

King of the one liners Tim Vine

By *amantha TSWoman
over a year ago

Swindon

Ken Dodd. 3 1/2 hours of genuinely amazing material without being rude or putting anyone down once. A proper gent.

Others - Stewart Francis, Sarah Millican, Jimmy Carr, Josh Widdicombe, Rhod Gilbert, Greg Davies.

By *ranimallxl5Man
over a year ago

Winchester

"Jimmy Jones, a slightly (!) cleaner version of Jim Davidson.

John Kearns, I just can't get on with.....much to his father's disgust, who is a good friend of mine. "

Have you seen John do his own hour? That's where he works

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Rik Mayalls standup was crazy, mad and very funny. Saw him live once and also with Ade Edmonson on the 'Bottom Live' tour. Much missed.

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Off to see Kevin in November

over a year ago

Robin Williams and George Carlin have to be two of the best ever and such a loss for us all.

Currently my favourite is Mike Birbiglia

By *irthandgirthMan
over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

Very much agree with that - don’t even get me started on Ben Elton selling out!

If we’re going old school I loved Dave Allen and Billy Connolly back in the day "

I miss Dave Allen. Brilliant.

I once convinced Jimmy Carr that I was a deep sea welder when he singled me out during a gig.

I've also shot down Reg D Hunter. Got up and walked out. Told him I was off to go and drink with the warm up act as he was actually funny.

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

"Sean Locke RIP "

I love Sean Locke but think his 8 out of 10 cats stuff is superior to his stand up routines. I find a lot of panel stuff tedious after a while, mainly because it is probably scripted to varying degrees but on some shows the quality remains. Have I got news for you tends to remain high on quality but still vary. Never mind the buzzcocks for me is one of the best.

Post new Message to Thread