Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Disposable vapes

Jump to newest

By *tsjustd OP   Man
over a year ago

london

Anyone else found themselves addicted to those disposable vapes….

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

Nope.

The vegetable oil used is a bit disgusting.

C

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Nope.

C"

There's no vegetable oil in them, it would cause huge lung damage.

It's vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol.

over a year ago

I am very much a fan (addicted)... Also feel pretty bad about the environmental impact though

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"Nope.

C

It's vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol."

And what do you think VG is a deritive of? I know about vaping oil but VG is made from vegetable/seed oil.

C

By *heVoyeur75Man
over a year ago

Jarrow

It's a sugar alcohol usually derived from soy palm or coconut oils

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

Apparently the sugar in the vape oils causes havoc with teeth.

over a year ago

Great another landfill product

Just what the world needs

over a year ago

I quickly killed my habit (addiction) when i realised for everyone i finish was the equivalent to smoking 40+ cigarettes.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

See lots of them and the packaging scattered along the road. What is it about people that have to inhale something that makes them feel free to litter. Stop it!

over a year ago

"Apparently the sugar in the vape oils causes havoc with teeth."

Yes, you might get a tingly sensation in your teeth.

Which reoccurs even after quiting

By *heVoyeur75Man
over a year ago

Jarrow

I do feel it's somewhat irresponsible of vape companies to pump out so many disposables. I know batteries can be placed in recycling bins etc, but there's still a load of plastic.

What ever happened to rebuildables, I know they're still out there, I use one. Has the world suddenly decided they haven't got 10 minutes to knock up a new build when the time comes. And in the long run it works out a damn sight cheaper too.

over a year ago

I'm a vape user but I don't use disposables and I mix my own juice.

over a year ago

The beach of the Thames is covered in bits of broken clay pipe from the ghosts of smokers past. I used to collect them with the kids from my art club yo paint and make necklaces with. Maybe in 200 years people will be doing something similar with these colourful plastic gadgets.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I'm very thankful that I didn't become addicted to smoking, as I probably wouldn't have been able to give up.

I was just reading about popcorn lung and how it's caused by added diacetyl in vapes.

I keep on at my grandchildren about the harmful effects of vapes and cigarettes, hoping it sinks in.

over a year ago

"Nope.

C

It's vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol.

And what do you think VG is a deritive of? I know about vaping oil but VG is made from vegetable/seed oil.

C"

True but it doesn't contain any lipids which is what killed all those American kids a few years ago when they made cannabis liquid using oil.

over a year ago

"I'm very thankful that I didn't become addicted to smoking, as I probably wouldn't have been able to give up.

I was just reading about popcorn lung and how it's caused by added diacetyl in vapes.

I keep on at my grandchildren about the harmful effects of vapes and cigarettes, hoping it sinks in.

"

Popcorn lung never actually happened to anyone who's vaped.

The connection was made by the media after workers at a popcorn factory developed it from breathing in raw diacetyl for more than a decade. As a result the vape industry voluntarily removed it from a majority of liquids (at least in the UK and Europe).

There's also 750 times more diacetyl in a cigarette than any vape liquid ever had.

over a year ago

"I do feel it's somewhat irresponsible of vape companies to pump out so many disposables. I know batteries can be placed in recycling bins etc, but there's still a load of plastic.

What ever happened to rebuildables, I know they're still out there, I use one. Has the world suddenly decided they haven't got 10 minutes to knock up a new build when the time comes. And in the long run it works out a damn sight cheaper too. "

I've only ever used disposables and mixed my own liquids.

The European laws surrounding vaping are ridiculous with limits on the amount of nicotine and a maximum bottle size of 10ml (for liquids containing nicotine). It just adds to the plastic waste we're already dealing with.

over a year ago

"I do feel it's somewhat irresponsible of vape companies to pump out so many disposables. I know batteries can be placed in recycling bins etc, but there's still a load of plastic.

What ever happened to rebuildables, I know they're still out there, I use one. Has the world suddenly decided they haven't got 10 minutes to knock up a new build when the time comes. And in the long run it works out a damn sight cheaper too.

I've only ever used disposables and mixed my own liquids.

The European laws surrounding vaping are ridiculous with limits on the amount of nicotine and a maximum bottle size of 10ml (for liquids containing nicotine). It just adds to the plastic waste we're already dealing with."

That should have said rebuildables and mix my own liquid.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I'm very thankful that I didn't become addicted to smoking, as I probably wouldn't have been able to give up.

The connection was made by the media after workers at a popcorn factory developed it from breathing in raw diacetyl for more than a decade. As a result the vape industry voluntarily removed it from a majority of liquids (at least in the UK and Europe).

There's also 750 times more diacetyl in a cigarette than any vape liquid ever had.

"

I'll still tell them they can get popcorn lung and show them the article with a teenage boy on a ventilator. If I can stop them starting now, they might not take it up later. It's still not a good thing to put in your lungs or body.

over a year ago

I'll still tell them they can get popcorn lung and show them the article with a teenage boy on a ventilator. If I can stop them starting now, they might not take it up later. It's still not a good thing to put in your lungs or body."

Totally agree. I only started to quit smoking.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I'll still tell them they can get popcorn lung and show them the article with a teenage boy on a ventilator. If I can stop them starting now, they might not take it up later. It's still not a good thing to put in your lungs or body."

An article by a lung organisation states that although diacetyl was linked to popcorn lung in factory workers it is still used vapes and e cigarettes.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I'll still tell them they can get popcorn lung and show them the article with a teenage boy on a ventilator. If I can stop them starting now, they might not take it up later. It's still not a good thing to put in your lungs or body.

Totally agree. I only started to quit smoking."

Are you thinking of quitting vaping? I don't seem to see as many people vaping as I used to.

over a year ago

An article by a lung organisation states that although diacetyl was linked to popcorn lung in factory workers it is still used vapes and e cigarettes. "

Not in Europe all liquids that go on sale are required to be batch tested and checked for banned ingredients although some American and other imported liquids contain it.

over a year ago

Totally agree. I only started to quit smoking.

Are you thinking of quitting vaping? I don't seem to see as many people vaping as I used to."

I did quit but started again after a particularly rough time. It was the better option rather than drink, Druga or anything else. I mix my own liquids and only make it to 0.75mg nicotine. The next step is zero and quitting altogether which is what I did last time.

By *hoirCouple
over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

An article by a lung organisation states that although diacetyl was linked to popcorn lung in factory workers it is still used vapes and e cigarettes. "

Not in Europe. America had a bout a while ago but that was due to cheap Chinese imported juices. Nowhere in the West allows it in juices.

C

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I'll just leave this here.......

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/causes-of-cancer/does-vaping-cause-popcorn-lung#:~:text=Popcorn%20lung%20(bronchiolitis%20obliterans)%20is,and%20a%20chemical%20called%20diacetyl.

A

over a year ago

An article by a lung organisation states that although diacetyl was linked to popcorn lung in factory workers it is still used vapes and e cigarettes.

Not in Europe. America had a bout a while ago but that was due to cheap Chinese imported juices. Nowhere in the West allows it in juices.

C"

There were several cases of people making their own cannabis infused liquids but they used vitamin-A oil rather than glycerine!

By *G CoupleCouple
over a year ago

kent

"I am very much a fan (addicted)... Also feel pretty bad about the environmental impact though "

Have you looked into the semi disposable devices? Cheaper to use and not so damaging for the environment

over a year ago

I use disposable some times. I like the taste

Post new Message to Thread