Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Anger

Jump to newest

By *stella OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

When you’re angry with someone, are you angry or is there usually an emotion behind that, fear, hurt etc?

What do you need from someone when you’re angry with them?

Are you angry currently?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ambozaMan
over a year ago

kilburn park

I find I often need a bit of time to work out why I’m angry.

The ideal conclusion is having an honest conversation with the person in question.

It’s usually because it’s easier than feeling sad and in is often caused by fear of loosing something or not getting something I think I need.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don’t get angry often ..

Im disappointed presently, but not angry

over a year ago

I’m rarely angry, but often frustrated.

Normally because the other person can’t see what is totally clear or obvious to me.

So what I want is for them not to be so bloody blinkered and see / understand exactly what I can see.

But then I bet they’re thinking exactly the same about me. And think that I’m the stubborn twat

What about you, OP?

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

If I do get angry with someone, I tend to need to direct that at them but in a calm direct manner.

The worst thing for me is being angry with someone and not being able to confront that and resolve the situation.

The emotion behind it depends on what’s happened and usually requires some work from me too

over a year ago

If I'm angry with someone I mostly feel sadness. I hate being like that with people and it just makes me all gloomy.

I'm rarely angry though thankfully. It's something that only really happens if someone has hurt me. I just need then to be sorry and mean it, and then time to work through how I'm feeling and consider where to go from there.

I'm not angry at the moment.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I don't really get angry, more annoyed but always blame myself for being too soft and gullible.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm far from angry currently. Don't feel anger towards anyone right now. Haven't done for some time.

Normally there are feelings that are coupled with the anger. I don't feel anger often. More often than not it's sadness. Hurt. But on the very, very rare occasion I do it's this white hot rage. I'll try and discuss calmly with the person why I feel that way. Or, and I shouldn't do this I know, I just bottle it up. Blame myself. I can be annoyed at myself rather than others far more easily.

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

I’d say I’m feeling pretty irritable at the moment. But not angry.

over a year ago

I guess you’re pretty mad at someone huh…

I don’t get mad, more chance of me scoring an MFFF with Kylie and two Kylie Clones than there is if you hearing me shout. I tend to shit down and then seethe quietly several days later once I’ve thought of all the cool comebacks I should have used at the time.

over a year ago

I dont remember the last time i cared enough about something to be really angry unless something were done to me my family or those who i see as family i find its like a seesaw higher you go riskier things get so i barely hop if ghat makes any sense

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

I was angry, and I do mean angry, with my energy supplier for messing me around trying to take over the account at my home. It should be so straightforward and yet they continue to fuck it up.

over a year ago

I think it always comes from another emotion that's been triggered whether it's resentment, fear or hatred even.

Actually I am rather angry just now.... Kid at school keeps on giving my daughter a hard time.

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

"I think it always comes from another emotion that's been triggered whether it's resentment, fear or hatred even.

Actually I am rather angry just now.... Kid at school keeps on giving my daughter a hard time. "

Tell the school - that shouldn't be allowed. Keep at them until they do something about it.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Anger to me usually stems from hurt, that's from people I care about.

Generally deal with that really fucking badly by crying myself to sleep then having a conversation at a later date when I feel emotionally capable.

Anger towards those I don't know (customers usually) stems from feeling disrespected as a human being. Some people are so unbelievably incredibly rude and aggressive (yes, I know it's rich me saying that)

I deal with that one by a swift one liner and eyebrow raise, walking away and taking myself out back, shaking for 5 minutes coz my adrenaline is pumping and maybe shedding a frustration tear coz I wanna throw a punch but can't.

over a year ago

I've been angry since last Thursday night and it's not abated. Frustration is also what I'm feeling right now too. Someone at work has a lot to bloody answer for x

over a year ago

On the rare occasion that I feel truly angry with someone the real feelings behind it are hurt and betrayal, with a smattering of disappointment. I get irritable and snappy if I feel overwhelmed by someone and unable to find alone time to regroup. I need solitude regularly.

Dealing with it healthily completely depends on who the feelings are aimed at. With my parents I keep it to myself because trying to discuss anything with them is futile. With other people I'll try to discuss it without getting overly emotional and seeming accusatory.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Sometimes you need to get angry in order to change things. Most advances in things like equality and rights came from people being very angry and channeling that energy

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

It's mostly with my neighbours when they don't take their turn putting the bins out, I think I'm capable of murder with some of them

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

I don't get angry, I just shut them out of my life.

Post new Message to Thread